The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Chuchu and kathia, I agree with you both about the Infantitas behaviour.

When I read the complains about the lack of spontaneity from them in front of the cameras, just because they aren´t running around and making faces to the cameras as other royal children, I always think that if it were the 6-years-old me who did that in front of my mother, I would have got a scolding and told to behave properly
And I´m not traumatized, for sure

There´s nothing wrong with telling your children how they have to behave in public, in fact in my opinion that´s what "educate" means... Well, each of us has a point of view, I guess

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

When I read the complains about the lack of spontaneity from them in front of the cameras, just because they aren´t running around and making faces to the cameras as other royal children, I always think that if it were the 6-years-old me who did that in front of my mother, I would have got a scolding and told to behave properly

There´s nothing wrong with telling your children how they have to behave in public, in fact in my opinion that´s what "educate" means... Well, each of us has a point of view, I guess
I agree with you and the previous posters as well. Any child that has not been taught how to behave is at a disadvantage and will eventually have to learn it anyway and then from people simply fed up with the bad behaviour. The behaviour of the Infantas may look as if scripted simply because it probably is. Any responsible parent will spend time talking about how to behave and what to do or say. I am sure the little girls have plenty of time in school and at home to play and have fun.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

I agree, I just wish more parents took the time to teach their little darlings good manners and how to behave in public. Failing to do so just makes it harder for the child later in life.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Courtier

When my children were little, we practiced everything. How to sit still in a movie, church, theatre or anyother place. We sat at the table and practiced eating properly. They did not always respond as I wished, but since 3 of them had ADHD it worled quite well. At least I could take them places without being ashamed.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos
http://www.latribunadeciudadreal.es/...689FAF5676CBB4
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
The girls are well-behaved and this does not have anything to do with spontaneity. As to security, that is part of their lives.
It's impossible to "choreograph" the behaviour of a 7 and 5 year old as any mother would know. I can't predict the behaviour of my teen, no matter how many warnings I give him, let alone expecting him to behave the way I wanted when he was a child just because I said so.

These girls are well behaved in public because they have the love, security and an obvious understanding of what's going on. Sofia is still having a hard time with all the cameras. Leonor has always had something special about her ...and even this time she was seen pulling her mom away.

Felipe and Letizia are doing a fabulous job with the girls. They are giving them the privacy they need as children, while exposing them to large crowds to give them a taste of what's to come.
"
The next one is a picture of Leonor having enough. By the way, this is a twitter photograph. The woman twitted "Letizia is lovely"

Next is a picture of Leonor interacting with another girl

and a video of the visit...

Reproductor | COPE - Información, análisis y radio online
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia with their daughters Leonor and Sofia begin their Easter holidays in Almagro

pool-los-principes-y-sus-hijas-comienzan-la-semana-santa-en-almagro-1016402 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

http://www.quien.com/fotogalerias/20...-a-la-infantas
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Commoner

The Easter is sacred at least in Spain ...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Is this the same location that WA, Maxima, Victoria and Daniel are currently on holiday at?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Is this the same location that WA, Maxima, Victoria and Daniel are currently on holiday at?
They are in Aguamarga.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Courtier

I remember, that Sophia had their "issues" with the press since she was a really small girl, so nothing new for me.
Leonor may be the better "actress", I can very well imagine, that her mother said to her: "just smile for some minutes, then it is over and the press is happy".
BYe Bine
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

The little girls are taught to behave since they were born so to me even at home they need to behave...only when they grew up they will learn to be themselves and choose their lifes!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

I don't understand why it is such a big thing when children behave themselves... It is only the sign of a good upbringing, where I come from. And my mother would certainly scould me and I would have heard a mouthful, if I didn't behave myself. What's the big deal, really?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I don't understand why it is such a big thing when children behave themselves... It is only the sign of a good upbringing, where I come from. And my mother would certainly scould me and I would have heard a mouthful, if I didn't behave myself. What's the big deal, really?
Completely agree with you. If I even thought about misbehaving I would have gotten "the look" from my Mom. Even at home if I got a little unruly, I got the look. There is absolutely nothing wrong with well behaved children, which Leonor and Sofia seem to be. In fact, I'd love to see more children like this everywhere.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Felipe and Letizia met UN Secretary General, Mr Ban Ki-moon.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHB4f5DCYAENv4w.jpg:large
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Nobility

photos:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2a65nw7.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/1vk43.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/ru1stk.jpg
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Felipe and Letizia met UN Secretary General, Mr Ban Ki-moon.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHB4f5DCYAENv4w.jpg:large
From casareal.es

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=11381
Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...nidas%2001.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...nidas%2002.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...nidas%2003.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...nidas%2004.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...nidas%2005.jpg

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE Agency

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown princess letizia, current events, prince of asturias, princess of asturias