The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video

Las infantas Leonor y Sofía participan por primera vez en un acto oficial a nivel nacional - ANTENA 3 TV

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/t...adres/2541728/

Photos

http://www.abc.es/fotos-estilo/20140...491519182.html

http://www.elmundo.es/album/espana/2...63f8b4570.html

Old 05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

How cute is the part when they´re singing the military athems and Leonor explains Sofia which part of the song they´re at!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

El príncipe renueva su jura de bandera con la Academia del Aire
Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Royal Highness

The girls' wear is fine for me. They look appropriate, I don't see anything wrong with that, Sofia wore a simple but pretty dress, Leonor wore a skirt. Dress or Skirt is appropriate for this kind of events.

And the event itself was not way over the top, and the girls had to be sometimes at sunlight, standing up and they watched the planes. They needed some confortable clothes for such an outdoor event like this.

Leonor looks like a Queen already
It was great F&L took the girls, that way many bad comments about they protect the girls way to much, they don't do like the other royal houses, etc. will keep quiet for awhile.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:45 AM
Nobility

It is great that the Little Infantas atended this ceremony !!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bekia

Las Infantas Leonor y Sofía acompañan a los Príncipes Felipe y Letizia a un acto oficial - Bekia
Old 05-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos purepeople

Letizia d'Espagne et ses filles, les yeux au ciel, fières de Felipe
Old 05-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Beautiful Family

Such a perfectly beautiful family! The photographs lift the spirit.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I agree, I can understand the complains about Letizia´s clothes, but what´s wrong with the Infantas´?

It´s a daytime outside event, and not such a formal occasion to wear let´s say something like this http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1...mal-font-b.jpg

I think they would be totally out of place, honestly.

You must remember that Military ceremonies are ALWAYS formal events.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Yes, but as kathia_sophia has said, the Infantas had to do a lot of standing up and sitting back down again, and therefore would probably feel a little uncomfortable doing that in a formal party dress. I personally don't see a problem with the Infantas' outfits. They were appropriate for the occasion, IMO. It's not as if they were wearing outfits they might wear to their local playgroup.

This is also the sort of outfits children often wear to parties and more formal events nowadays. At the parties/formal events I've been to, the children are often wearing dresses similar to Sofia's, or clothes that they feel comfortable in such as leggins and a top like Leonor's.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Gentry

To force the two young girls into something more akin to a junior ball gown etc would have probably made them very uncomfortable and thus harder to handle since it was probably a long day for them, instead their parents took the sensible approach and dressed them in comfortable and appropriate clothing for their ages.

Yes military ceremonies are very formal but only if you are taking an active part in it, if you are there as part of the crowd supporting a loved one anything goes.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the photos and video links. Glad to see that Felipe and Letizia are introducing the Infantas to engagements like this one in preparation for their future roles.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
They are, but I really think a kind of dress like the one I posted is way over the top

People only dress up their children like that for weddings, and even then only if the kid is a pageboy or something similar...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Nobility

I respect all your points of view although I don't agree at all.

It is not necessary they wear ceremonies dresses to attend a wedding, of course not, but nowadays there a lot of choices in order to wear little girls in a appropiated way, some dresses similar to Netherland's princesses dresses wearing on King's Day would be perfect (the three girls participated in all kind of games and activities on the streets, and they were not uncomfortable at all).

I remember that Leonor and Sofía wore much better time ago than nowadays. Of course, it is not their fault.

@HereditaryPrincess: I am sure you go to events or ceremonies where kids are wearing in a very comfortable and casual way, but that means nothing. I also have the same experience, even I saw kids and adult people wearing jeans to attend a Christening ceremonie.....wich is really disgusting and very impolite. When people go to a special event, never minds if it is a wedding, a Christening, a dinner party, a military event, etc, etc, they must wear in the best and appropiated way, not only because it is polite to do it, but because that shows the respect you feel for people who organise the event and invite you. Of course, kids are not responsable for wearing in a casual or not appropiated way, the responsability belongs to parents....and the obligation of parents is teaching them in the right way. If you don't bring kids up since the beginning, you will find troubles when they become teenagers.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Photos of Leonor

I thought Leonor looked very pale and "washed out" as if she wasn't very well. At one point her mother seemed to feel her forehead, maybe to check her temperature. But Leonor behaved beautifully - as always.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of the military event

Leonor e Sofia di Spagna: che noia la parata militare con papà Felipe e mamma Letizia… | Attualità
Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Leonor and Sofia are very attentive and well-mannered.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Getty Images

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: Spanish Royals Attend a Dinner Organized By The Chamber of Commerce and Confederation of Employers in Seville

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown princess letizia, current events, prince of asturias, princess of asturias