Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 56: October 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a grogeous couple! Loved the pictures from that Dinner.

The german televison just showed some footage, the usual madness of such a visit. People everywhere, and it's obvious that it is only about getting the picture taken and Felipe speaking some bla bla sentences. No time for anything. The photographers complained about the ruthless bodyguards, the spanish exhibitors complained that both did not eat or taste any of the food they had especially prepared, there were no questions allowed at no times. The Princes were 30 min late and only ate quickly after the visit in a secluded room.

The german televison just showed some footage, the usual madness of such a visit. People everywhere, and it's obvious that it is only about getting the picture taken and Felipe speaking some bla bla sentences. No time for anything. The photographers complained about the ruthless bodyguards, the spanish exhibitors complained that both did not eat or taste any of the food they had especially prepared, there were no questions allowed at no times. The Princes were 30 min late and only ate quickly after the visit in a secluded room.

I wouldn't expect such attitude from Felipe and Letizia. They come across royals who are always on time, take time at an event and so on. I would at least expect them to take time trying the food, answering questions to make up at least for the time they were late.

Nevertheless, Letizia looked quite professional in that suit.

They had a lunch with representatives of Spanish companies.

The trip was really "express", traveled in the morning, visited the Spanish pavilion, and returned to Madrid, so they had no time to stop much. They came straight from the airport, so the delay would not be intentional.

Members of the Royal Family usually do not talk to the press in this type of visit, talk with politicians, managers of the fair and Spanish businessman.

Probably they had already made ​​the commitment and they have not wanted to cancel. With the king´s surgery, the agenda has completely changed. Tomorrow morning the princess must travel to an act outside Madrid.

Last edited:
I don't think its the Princes' fault, they are not known to be rude, they might have been victims of overtight security or bad time keeping. RTL had interviewed a spanish lady who had prepared different olive oil for taste but nothing. I was surprised that she voiced her disappointment so openly. The guy with the paella had to hold it under their noses to get his picture taken, after he tried in vain to have them taste it at his stand. The place seemed to be overcrowded with photographers and bodyguards bickering with each other, not a nice athmosphere. ANUGA is the world's largest food fair, I am not surprised the Princes were late and probably in a rush.

Because the german yellow press has been bringing up the topic of Letizia being possibly anorexic on a weekly basis for years now, many people believe it and most comments focus on Letizia not eating anything at the fair, and not on promoting the Spanish goods.

A regular visitor goes to a fair and tries everything offered because it's free ... but that, for various reasons, is not appropriate for institutional representatives, that do not go there to eat for free. Probably they have received many gifts that will eat at home.

The photos are from friday, there were several comments on twitter, they were in the cinema watching Gravity. It seems lately photographers are very attentive to people's comments on twitter.

The photos are from friday, there were several comments on twitter, they were in the cinema watching Gravity. It seems lately photographers are very attentive to people's comments on twitter.

I think on occasions like these they chose to be photographed. To appear 'normal' or 'down to earth' has become a strategy of survival.

There are occasions where the princes - or Letizia alone - will do anything to avoid photographers by using backside entrances or have their bodyguards block the photographers.

Following twitter or comments from people on the Internet, it is clear that they do a normal life, and often the photographers don´t capture these images. They are seen in cinemas, restaurants or activities with their daughters often, and many times are not photographed.

If they really wanted to "sell" a image, we would have many more photos, more often. Or they would go to places where press can photograph them.

That depending on the circumstances, may be more or less willing to be photographed, that does not mean that they have to allow always harassment of photographers, that not always respect the ethical limits. And when some do not get the pictures, always invent ridiculous stories...

They're probably also tired of lies invented by the press... if they allow photos accuse them of faking ... if not, invent a crisis or say they do not do anything together.

Last edited:
Today is holiday in Spain. Prince and Princess of Asturias and their daughters flew this morning from Madrid to Granada and are visiting the city.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX_4kSoIEAIKC9I.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX_32pkCAAAM1q_.jpg

Visita sorpresa de los prncipes a Granada. Ideal
Oh what a fun surprise for us! Love seeing them out and about in casual wear. And the girls look so incredibly cute with their bandanas around their necks. I'm sure that the people of Granada appreciated the visit. I hope we see lots more of this. (Not holding my breath though)

Thanks for the photos lula, the Two Infantas look nice and cute in their casual wear. I like the photo of Leonor waving in the car, very cute.

Alhambra is one of the top sights in Spain, drawing millions of tourists each year. Its breathtaking to see. Its nice that the princes show their daughters such sights. I guess they got a private visite though. Ive been at Alhambra myself earlier this year and its incredibly crowded, probably too much to handle for security.

It was a private visit, they arrived in the morning on a normal flight from Madrid, toured the city and had luch at a restaurant. They had bought their tickets for Alhambra in advance and visited in a normal group, the last of the day.

It was the people on twitter who has narrated the visit, since they were seen at the airport in Madrid until their departure from the Alhambra.

Photos

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYDnTPSIAAAOtOZ.jpg:large
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYDnbuzIEAAynbt.jpg

La visita Real a Granada, en imágenes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom