The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I'm impressed that he went to the protestor to talk rather than getting in the car and leaving. Since the video has been removed do we have any idea how the conversation went?
I haven't seen the video, I've only read what other people who saw it said but it seems Felipe was greeting the persons who were waiting for them outside the theater (or wherever the Viana Awards took place) and a young woman among the public started talking about why there isn't a debate and a referemdum of monarchy vs republic because there is a minority(really her words ) that it's not being heard. Felipe answers that there was a referendum back in 1978 and she answers that she didn't vote or she wasn't alive or able to vote back then. She asks him to call for a referendum(he obviously doesn't have that power) and then she says he should abdicate. He says he's fulfilling his duty. The president of Navarra was with Felipe and asks her if she doesn't have bigger problems.
At the end Felipe shakes her hand and keeps on greeting other people. A friend of hers recorded it and she's been getting publicity for it. It seems it was a polite discussion.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Nobility

Felipe and Letizia have offered a lunch in the Royal Palace to the General Governor of Australia, Ms. Quentin Bryce and her husband.
It's the third time they are the hosts for international guests at the Royal Palace but it's not in substitution to the King and Queen, it was decided in Zarzuela from the first moment that the Prince and Princess of Asturias would be their hosts.
Los Príncipes ofrecerán este martes un almuerzo a la gobernadora general de Australia. europapress.es

Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Still some photos from last week:
Johannas kungliga modeblogg

From today:
Galería de Fotos: El look de Letizia: primavera en naranja -- Mujerhoy.com --
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe of Spain and Princess Letizia of Spain attend a Lunch honouring of the General Governor of Australia Quentin Bryce at the Royal Palace

Princess Letizia Pictures - Spanish Royals Receive the General Governor of Australia Quentin Bryce at The Royal Palace - Zimbio
Old 06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Pure People" photogallery from the Lunch honouring of the General Governor of Australia Quentin Bryce at the Royal Palace

Letizia d'Espagne offre son plus joli sourire, aux côtés de son Felipe !
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, a kiss. That is a lovely photo
Old 06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

IMO, the kiss looks too forced.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe of Spain and Princess Letizia of Spain visit The Senate

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado#
Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
IMO, the kiss looks too forced.

As they arrived apart I guess it just was a greeting-kiss like you do with friends on both cheeks, nothing special and I don´t think it is forced
Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was a normal, warm greeting while they arrived separately.
Felipe´s hand tight on Letizia´s back:
Profimedia
Lovely moment
Profimedia
Profimedia
Inside
Profimedia

From Hola!
El tierno beso de los príncipes de Asturias
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It was a normal, warm greeting while they arrived separately.
Felipe´s hand tight on Letizia´s back:
Profimedia
Lovely moment
Profimedia
Profimedia
Inside
Profimedia

From Hola!
El tierno beso de los príncipes de Asturias

I noticed the last couple of weeks that she looks different - somehow much better - not that thin in the face anymore and in a better mood
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post
I noticed the last couple of weeks that she looks different - somehow much better - not that thin in the face anymore and in a better mood
My thoughts exactly. I remember a few months ago (February?) Letizia seemed so sad that I started to feel sad myself when looking at her photos. Maybe that part of year is difficult for Letizia because it`s when her sister died. It`s great to see her happy and relaxed now. After seven years of marriage the Princes are still in love, that`s for sure.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Courtier

For people who did not even want to kiss on their wedding day and who are so private, I find this kiss forced and fake. You can disagree all you want, but I don't believe that kiss for a second.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
For people who did not even want to kiss on their wedding day and who are so private, I find this kiss forced and fake. You can disagree all you want, but I don't believe that kiss for a second.
They have kissed at least three times after the wedding in public, so it isn´t a bit odd that they greeted eachother with kisses on the cheek while arriving separately. They, especially Letizia, have looked so relaxed and happy during the last weeks.

Video:
ABC
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
They have kissed at least three times after the wedding in public, so it isn´t a bit odd that they greeted eachother with kisses on the cheek while arriving separately. They, especially Letizia, have looked so relaxed and happy during the last weeks.
I don't buy it...but maybe it is as you said. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

I really loved that kiss, it really made me smile. .... and I think, the way they embraced each other, really proves their warm and happy relationship. And why not greeting each other this way, if they were coming from different venues previously?
Just my opinion of course
Bye Bine

Closed Thread