Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 53: May 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended an audience with a representation of the Lilly Foundation for Biomedical Research and the Orange Foundation at the Palacio de la Zarzuela in Madrid

PPE Agency

Wow, the other guests at a Greek wedding are still hangover and Leti and Felipe are with these grieving people....
Hats off for their strength !

I often wonder what Felipe and Letizia say to people in these circumstances. When you don't personally know them but are there to represent your country and the king, is there anything else that can said other than I'm sorry for your loss and thank them for the sacrifice made by their loved one and now that person's family?

Phil and Let. always look so affected by these ceremonies, they must be like everyone else, exhausted when they get home.

Bodies of Spaniards killed by Taliban return home < Spanish news | Expatica Spain

I think if you havent experienced a similar situation yourself it is difficult to grasp the grief of the families. Unlike Felipe, Letizia lost her sister through suicide, at prime age, unexpectedly (when you have a partner or relative in the Armed Forces and even in Afghanistan, a possible loss is something the family will have to live with every day) and will be able to understand the shattered world of the relatives very well.

When somebody passes away at young age its nothing like the natural way, when people get old and die at some point. Its almost impossible to accept and the devastation will not leave as long as those involved are alive.

Duke, unfortunately, the members of the Spanish Royal Family live every day with the threat of the terrorism, they live with very strict measures of safety that keep them alive. They are a terrorist aim, there have been public several attempts of killing the King and probably there are many things that have not been made public. And as them in Spain there are politicians, judges, journalists, businessmen ... that know that their life is threatened and have to live with it.

Duke, unfortunately, the members of the Spanish Royal Family live every day with the threat of the terrorism, they live with very strict measures of safety that keep them alive. They are a terrorist aim, there have been public several attempts of killing the King and probably there are many things that have not been made public. And as them in Spain there are politicians, judges, journalists, businessmen ... that know that their life is threatened and have to live with it.

I think a threat is very different to a loss. You get used to a threat, but not to such a loss. Only when people have experienced themselves they can understand what others feel in that situation, losing a family member at young age, unexpectedly.

Duke, to what I was referring is that, as these families, they also live with the possibility of the loss.

I often wonder what Felipe and Letizia say to people in these circumstances. When you don't personally know them but are there to represent your country and the king, is there anything else that can said other than I'm sorry for your loss and thank them for the sacrifice made by their loved one and now that person's family?

Letizia in particular has herself been touched by tragic, sudden death in the form of the suicide of her younger sister and so I think she will naturally know the sort of things to say to people who have had loved ones snatched away very unexpectedly. I like this couple very much, they conduct so many engagements without fatigue.

How tender Felipe is with the families. A true prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom