Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 53: May 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the gossip sites think its not true. Apparently somebody from casareal denied a pregnancy and said because of the extensive schedule its would be impossible that the Princess is expecting ;)
Casa Real no sabe nada del supuesto embarazo de Letizia

Of a little rumor they create news and information to have topic to speak about. Ultimately only the time tells the truth.

This information is not very trustworthy either, because the response of the House of the King to this type of information always is the same, neither confirm nor deny.

I dont think it is "impossible" maybe not likely.. but impossible, not at all. Actually I think it is perfectly possible.

The agenda of this couple is immense. Almost every day I see pictures of them involved in some engagements. From all the crown prince couples they seem to look like the most hard working with the exception of the Swedish crown princess couple. From time to time I think you can see the tired eyes of the Princess Letzia but she goes on, for which I admire her a lot. I think that one day this couple will make a great regent couple and they will do a good job for their country.

It seems to slow down now. donnaK is proven right with her suggestion that we will see "more King, less Prince" now after JCs aides thought that F&L stole the limelight a bit too much during the old man's illness.

While Felipe does have acts next week and had some this week, it is obvious that both King and Queen are the dominant figures out there with lots of acts.

Letizia only has 2 audiences with Felipe on 27th = spare time from 18th onwards what is very unusual and will certainly lead to speculations in the media.

The agendas of the King and the Prince are similar (King 5-Prince 4 this week, King 3- Prince 5 next week). The Queen has more acts than usual, but Zubin Mehta and Placido Domingo are two of her passions (two concerts with the same orchestra and same conductor and a birthday gala and an opera), so more pleasure than obligation. The case of the Princess is less nomal... we can only wait news.

The Prince and the Princess will deliver on February 11 the prize Carlos V to Javier Solana. A prize that normally the King delivers and that has been granted to international important politicians. So it does not seem that they have so much interest to return them to the second line.

Los Príncipes presiden el 11 de febrero en Yuste (Cáceres) la entrega del Premio Carlos V a Javier Solana. europapress.es

Google Traductor

Naggi said:
The agenda of this couple is immense. Almost every day I see pictures of them involved in some engagements. From all the crown prince couples they seem to look like the most hard working with the exception of the Swedish crown princess couple. From time to time I think you can see the tired eyes of the Princess Letzia but she goes on, for which I admire her a lot. I think that one day this couple will make a great regent couple and they will do a good job for their country.

Yes they do work really hard...there was a poll about the hardest working royals and the Spanish royal family won hands down. The Queen and Letizia did the most work in the family:)

Although JC looks healthier than the 2nd half of last year, he still hasn't been back to his former full speed yet. Even if a certain group courtiers want 'more King, less Prince', but how long they will be able to keep the Prince on the shelf is another story, all depends on JC's health and he isn't young anymore.

Although JC looks healthier than the 2nd half of last year, he still hasn't been back to his former full speed yet. Even if a certain group courtiers want 'more King, less Prince', but how long they will be able to keep the Prince on the shelf is another story, all depends on JC's health and he isn't young anymore.

He might look healthier but he is not young anymore, I guess when a persona reaches a certain age they just tend to want to slow down and enjoy life & I wont blame the King. He has just recovered well enough if not fully but taking things slow wont hurt.

He might look healthier but he is not young anymore, I guess when a persona reaches a certain age they just tend to want to slow down and enjoy life & I wont blame the King. He has just recovered well enough if not fully but taking things slow wont hurt.

I disagree, JC is one of the characters who wont slow down and will only drop dead from the throne. Like Margrethe or QEII, JC has made clear that he will never abdicate and that his son has to wait until this very moment. Even if he is forced to slow down due to age, he will try to "keep the Prince on the shelf" (citing donnaK :)) and make sure who's boss whenever possible. Charles has been struggling with the same attitude for years and the struggle is likely to continue. I dont think JC will reach the same stone age as his british counterpart but the coming years wont get any easier for Felipe due to the clash of finally wanting to create or raise his own profile and the increasing senile stubbornness of his parents. No son in his fourties or even fifities still wants to be told what to do by Mommy & Daddy or, in Felipe's case (unlike Charles), depend financially on his parents. And while Felipe's personality does clash with his father's personality he is still caught in the middle as a 110% Mommy's boy who wants to please Sofia who would never turn against the King because it would mean to turn against the monarchy. She has already made clear various times that she wont be promoting her son as King before the old man has gone.

dazzling, people don't have issues of JC taking it slow because of the health reason or age, it was the power behind the King who had issues of the Prince 'hogging' too much spotlight. They didn't like seeing Felipe making an excellent speech (the best ever IMO) in front of 800 guests in Madrid promoting the PoG foundation.

Duke, I pretty much agreed with you, but I don't think Felipe is Mommy's boy anymore when it comes down to his own role. He has become more matured, more confident, more assertive, knows what he wants these days, it's not so easy to keep him on the shelf, we will see what happen in the future.

Donna, let's not confuse the things.

There can be certain sectors interested in creating this controversy of the protagonism of the Prince for other interests, even some near to the King that for their own interest they do not want that the things change. Even it would be normal, that for the King is difficult to assimilate that he has an age, and that has to change many habits of life, in professional and in the personal thing.

But the general opinion, for the people, the press and in the own House of the King, is that the Prince is going to be assuming more functions and responsibilities, and it is something normal. That has been going on for 25 years and each time the duties are more important. The King acts of Chief of State, does office work ... but now the street belongs to the Prince, and it has an aim and is that the people know him and know his work. The King of Spain is a person that played a role in the history, a person with great influences in many sectors ... because of it the process is so delicate.

But Duke, the King can belong to a generation, have a way of thinking ... but I do not think that compared him with the Queen of Great Britain or Denmark is right, because his life story is totally different. If there is a King who knows that the country and the monarchy must be over the person it is he, moreover, without that idea, his and his family life, work and sacrifice would be meaningless. Today we seem to forget that during more than the half of his life, the King was nobody (this way the Queen defined her first years in Spain " when we were nobody "), and the way has been long and complicated.

Prince and Princess of Asturias will go to Luz Casal's concert

Prince and Princess of Asturias will be present in the concert that next February 4 Luz Casal will offer in the Madrid Arena, organized by the singer to collect funds to investigate the cancer. Luz has suffered this disease in two occasions. This concert coincides with her return after six months away from the stage for a relapse.

Los Príncipes de Asturias irán al concierto de Luz Casal · ELPAÍS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom