Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 52: June 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand ...please explain to me ...Did Letizia Left the Dinner and let Felipe alone ? or is he just saying that he understant the journalist would prefer Letizia make the speech ?

I don't understand ...please explain to me ...Did Letizia Left the Dinner and let Felipe alone ? or is he just saying that he understant the journalist would prefer Letizia make the speech ?

Prince felipe said, that he undesrtand that probably they (the Foreign Press Associacion) hoped his wife were the one give the speeach instead of Felipe due "she was indeed one of you, a journalist"

Quite funny,! :lol:

He was joking that they wanted to hear Letizia instead of him.

The second, it was a joke.

:eek::eek::eek:
OMG who writes Felipe's speeches? It must be one of Zarzuela's grey men as the speech just confirmes what was clear for a long time, that Letizia is not allowed to speak in public as soon as hubby is around. Letizia was a journalist indeed, but becoming a princess meant Zarzuela shut her up and transformed her into a mere accessory. Felipe seems to like this role allocation so much that he even decides to stress the facts in public. Yes the Borbon men like their wives to be dutiful with the admiration look on the face but this is where it ends when it comes down to business.

Where is this coming from? He was making a joke since it's an event for the journalists and his wife used to be one of them.

ok thank you for your Help to understand!

Well that was a funny joke but also suprising that it was added in the speech.
I was quite suprised no seeing Letizia handing out the awards with Felipe.

Well that was a funny joke but also suprising that it was added in the speech.
I was quite suprised no seeing Letizia handing out the awards with Felipe.
Jokes are always appreciated in any speeches -- cuts the dryness. Even clergy are now getting unstuffy. I even got from his words that their journalistic lost was certainly his gain [in more ways than one] and that he was quite happy about it. Anyone looking for deeper meanings is just trying to stir the pot.

Jokes are always appreciated in any speeches -- cuts the dryness. Even clergy are now getting unstuffy. I even got from his words that their journalistic lost was certainly his gain [in more ways than one] and that he was quite happy about it. Anyone looking for deeper meanings is just trying to stir the pot.

Agree 100%, that's why he said 'fortunately she switched camp (for me), .... Sorry, your loss !'. I think Felipe wrote this part himself (not from the Speech writer), it meant to be a joke.
Last year the keynote speaker was Charles about the environment, it's only logical that this year is Felipe (instead of Letizia) on the British-Spanish relation.

Love the style and colour of Letizia's dress - cheerful and sleek at the same time. She does look a little like she is thinking, "here we go again, another award". She seems a smart lady, maybe she needs more mental stimulation and perhaps she misses the bustling life of journalism. Just a thought.:):whistling:

letizia looks splendid! the dress is the one she wore for charles' birthday party not long ago - it seems that it's her london dress! :) however, i can't get enough of it, it fits her like a glove! i wish she wore more of this type rather than those she chooses for galas in spain.

however, i do not understand the involvement of felipe and letizia and the journalism event in london - why were they invited exaclty? whats their role?

Photos:
Daylife
I like this modern look of Letizia, not the tights though.

All posts discussing fashion have been moved to the
Princess Letizia's Eveningwear thread

:flowers:

I like Letizia's red dress in those last links. I think that the red dress matches great with the red tights.

I wish she would cover her arms,almost all her dresses of late expose her arms .

Plus it winter HRH will catch a chill !!

I wish she would cover her arms,almost all her dresses of late expose her arms .

Plus it winter HRH will catch a chill !!
It would be better if she covered her arms since it's autumn. Leitizia should pick our a winter outfit, or a lovely sweater. I know that summer outfits look more stylish and prettier than winter outfits.

I wish Prince Felipe would go clean shaven again.....I prefer him without the beard, such a handsome man, with caring eyes and grand stature. He's the one that looks bored in some of these photos, IMO.

I wish Prince Felipe would go clean shaven again.....I prefer him without the beard, such a handsome man, with caring eyes and grand stature. He's the one that looks bored in some of these photos, IMO.

I couldn't be more agree! He actually looks older than he really is with that beard :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom