Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 51: January - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a busy day they're having!!!!
they look tired because of the jetlag!

I really admire the way they are able to go from one event to another, even though they have just returned from a trip that was on the other side of the world. They both look great, especially for two people who are recovering from jet lag.

i really admire these two for their work ethic - they only returned yesterday from the week long visit which had a heavy schedule and then they are atriaght into 3 sepearte engagements the next day

:previous:

Good heavens, I draw the line at Letizia's shoes from the bullfight. Normally I love her platforms and wish I could wear them myself but these are horrendous!

i really admire these two for their work ethic - they only returned yesterday from the week long visit which had a heavy schedule and then they are atriaght into 3 sepearte engagements the next day

How do they do it? It takes me a week to get over jet lag.

her suit is nice but with those shoes it's horrible!!

I'm amazed. Where they get their energy from?
Surely they're suffering jet lag???

I agree--------how do they do so many engagements and look fresh and interested in all those around them........A++++++
Notice, almost in every engagement how close they are as a couple....they seem to draw strength from each other

Los Príncipes de Asturias inauguran PhotoEspaña 2009 | Revista de Arte - Logopress

Los Príncipes de Asturias inauguran la XII edición de PhotoEspaña - Cultura_Arte - Cultura - ABC.es

The Princes of Asturias today inaugurated in the Botanical Garden XII the edition of PhotoEspaña, whose “leitmotiv” is “the daily thing”. Accompanied by the minister of Culture, González-Sinde Angels, the president of the Community of Madrid, Hope Aguirre and different personalities from the world of the culture, the Princes crossed the dependencies of the Botanist where the sample “Evidence” of Larry Sultan and Mike Mandel is exhibited, and the last works of the Spanish Sara Branch

i would have preferred letizia to make a statement and not get involved in such barbaric practices as bullfighting. i seem to recall she was an animal lover and it's a shame she is pressurized to attend these events. queen sofia doesn't attend these and i think letizia should do the same.

I like her bullfighting outfit however she could have chosen another pair of shoes. Those did not match perfectly with her suit.

I only heard Felipe loved animals when he was at the environmental project with TVE long ago. Both Felipe and Letizia are Spanish, it's normal if one or both like bullfighting that lots of foreigners probably never understand.

There are several Spanish people who hate bullfighting. I've heard that Infanta Cristina is one of them.

I really don't see the funny of it and I live in Portugal where bullfighting are very popular too.

I don't believe Letizia likes this kind of "sports"... but I don't have facts to explain why I think this, that's just my opinion. Maybe the reason is that I like Princess Letizia so I would like to not see her in this kind of shos, but somehow I understand the presence of the couple there. It was a "benefiencia" bullfighting and they wanted to give their support.

The Royal House has an official commitment for many years with the Bullfight of the Press and the Bullfight of the Beneficence (that has a long history and it was created by the Monarchy). The Queen now does not go to the bulls, but assurance that in the past had to do it more of once, she liked it or not.

The Prince and the Princess have not done a clear declaration about this topic, they are neutral and they only go to the bulls in official acts. I believe it is the way of representing all the Spanish and respecting all the options, that is their obligation.

letizia is known not to like bullfighting (or so it was before the engagement). the only two spanish royals that enjoy them are the king and infanta elena, but the rest are not so keen (or definitely don't enjoy it, like the queen).

did the princes vote in the european elections? i recall seeing the pictures of them voting for the 2004 elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom