The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

next engagement according to casareal.es is:

Lunes, 4 de abril de 2005 CENA OFRECIDA POR SS.MM. LOS REYES A S.M. HAMAD BIN ISA AL-KHALIFA, REY DE BAHREIN
Asisten con SS.MM. los Reyes
Palacio Real. Madrid

Old 04-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From Elmundo:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/0...112373467.html

The Princes of Asturias inaugurated today the Contemporary Art Museum of Castile and Leon (MUSAC), a space dedicated to the more experimental artistic creations with the aim of fixing the glances into the future.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia visited the building accompanied by the president of the Chamber of Castile and Leon, Juan Vicente Herrera; the advisor of Culture, Silvia Clemente, and the mayor of Leon, Mario Amilibia, among other local and autonomic authorities.

Previously, at the square that is placed in front of the main facade of the new museum, and before the presence of hundreds of leonine people, which have come to see and greet the Princes, they had contemplated a commemorative plaque of the inauguration, inspired by a "miliario" from Rome Antique, one of the many elements of vanguardist design lodged by the MUSAC.

The Princes of Asturias praised the originality and modernity of the building, that counts with a specific space for the development of experiences of expressive radicalism, and that was denominated "Laboratory 987".

The Princes, who promised to return to Leon, in order to visit the museum with more time, enjoyed the first exhibition by the artist Marjetica Potrc, "Caracas: house with extended territory ".

A work of the Portuguese artist Joana Vasconcelos, "Burka", and a photographic installation composed by 30 boxes of light named "Around dream 15", of Angel Marks, called specially the attention upon Doña Letizia.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
The Princes of Asturias inaugurated today the Contemporary Art Museum of Castile and Leon (MUSAC).
Photos from SeegerPress

P.S. - I guess Letizia cut her hair. It looks nice :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb10.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	118829   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb11.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	118830   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb12.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	118831   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb13.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	118832  

Name:	zzzzzzzb14.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	118833   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb15.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	118834   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzb16.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	118835  
Old 04-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Either she cut her hair or she styled it diffently. Nevertheless, I think it looks great.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Too bad there's this huge watermark, this is a beautiful picture

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=118833
And I like her new hair-style very much:)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

hello everyone,

i'm surprised to see Letizia attending engagements so soon after her grandfather's death. iIm just wondering why she won't take a few days off to grieve and be with her family? is she even allowed to? or does protocol dictate she must attend engagements etc.?
Its just that I find it very strange. everyone that I know that has lost someone always took a little bit of time off from work/school to be with family.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles
hello everyone,

i'm surprised to see Letizia attending engagements so soon after her grandfather's death. iIm just wondering why she won't take a few days off to grieve and be with her family? is she even allowed to? or does protocol dictate she must attend engagements etc.?
Its just that I find it very strange. everyone that I know that has lost someone always took a little bit of time off from work/school to be with family.
Wasn't her grandfather sick for a while? Perhaps his death was expected and the family was prepared for it.

Letizia also has a very strict work ethic and as royal engagements are set months (in Britain they are set years) in advance, perhaps Letizia didn't want to disappoint anyone by not showing up for this engagement or to send Felipe alone.

Plus everybody grieves differently. Just because everyone you know has taken time off of work to grieve doesn't mean that that's the standard for everybody. Some people like to jump back into life so as not to focus on the loss while others need some days to gather themselves before getting back to life. There is no standard on how to grieve. We shouldn't think less of Letizia just because she carried on with her duties the next day.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Too bad there's this huge watermark, this is a beautiful picture

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=118833
And I like her new hair-style very much:)
I really like her new hair style too! :) I think she got it trimmed with lots more shorter layers added to it rather than the longer layers. Hopefully on Monday there will be good pictures from Imagine Scandinavia and Casa Real.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The Imagine Scandinavia versions of the opening
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	119366   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	119367   Click image for larger version

Name:	0003.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	119368   Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	119369  

Name:	0005.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	119370   Click image for larger version

Name:	0006.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	119371   Click image for larger version

Name:	0007.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	119372   Click image for larger version

Name:	0008.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	119373  

Name:	0009.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	119374   Click image for larger version

Name:	0010.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	119375  
Old 04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Courtier

I like her ner hairstyle or haircut.

I think it brings out the best features of her lovely face! When her hair was still straight, she looked thin on it in my own opinion. I prefer this one because it makes her more lovely.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/0...112266644.html

The Princes of Asturias will not attend the wedding of Charles and Camila, because Felipe has already a previous commitment: the investiture of his intimate friend , the Chilean president Ricardo Lagos, in Salamanca, as doctor honoris causa. According to sources of the Royal House no other member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the ceremony. The reason is that the invitation to the wedding is "personally" directed to Princes of Asturias.
http://www.europapress.es/europa2003...180440&tabID=1

The Palace of La Moneda informed today that the president of Chile, Ricardo Lagos, decided to suspend his trip to Europe (which was planned to start this Saturday), due to the illness of his 109 year-old mother, Ema Escobar.

The Governor had planned to visit
Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Spain, accompanied by some ministers and businessmen, on what would be his last visit to the Old Continent as president of Chile.

Lagos was going to be declared doctor honoris causa by the University of Salamanca, in a ceremony that was to count with the presence of the Princes of Asturias.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Imagine Scandinavia versions of the opening
But whta kind of style is this?? Jesus! She has to consult an expert.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
But whta kind of style is this?? Jesus! She has to consult an expert.
May I ask to what you're referring to?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
May I ask to what you're referring to?
I guess Raquel is not a fan of mourning outfits, but well that’s the way we dress in respect to those we love...
It’s the first time I see Princess Letizia wearing a cross. She’s sober, elegant and absolutely regal in it... :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119373

Old 04-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

I thought she lloked really nice and seemed to carry herself well. I'm sure it was hard for her to be out and putting on a happy face the day after her grandfather's funeral. I felt it was very appropriate that she wore all black.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I guess Raquel is not a fan of mourning outfits, but well that’s the way we dress in respect to those we love...
It’s the first time I see Princess Letizia wearing a cross. She’s sober, elegant and absolutely regal in it... :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119373
i'm refering the colours she uses. Are not combined.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

blue and black. it is probably wel thought out, completely black too dramatic and too much drawing attention to her own grief and she wants to be there for others and blue too casual?

Quote:
Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Actually, I guess they're combined very well. That's a very chic suit and the bindings of the jacket have the same tone of the skirt. Also the purse has the same combination (i'm not sure if it is black and blue... it seems more black and green to me...). Anyway, I like it very well indeed. :)
Old 04-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2218518.htm

The Princes of Asturias shall preside over the inauguration of the First International Encounter with the Imagination Society, that will be celebrated in Mérida (Badajoz), on April 5th and 6th, meeting the greatest world-wide experts in innovation and imaginative projects.
The inaugration of the encounter will take place on Tuesday, April 5th, at 11.30 a.m..
Old 04-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Opening of the Contemporary Art Museum of Castille and Leon (more pics)

Wireimage
Set 1
Attached Images

Tags
europe, european union, felipe, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias, referendums, spanish royal family