Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 48: August - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princes of Asturias

The old thread can be found here.

b82qo8.jpg

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.

Yes, the Minister of Culture of Spain has confirmed. For the information of the press, they will travel to Germany in September for the inauguration of the Institute Cervantes of Cologne, and in October to Mexico to inaugurate the I Congress of Ibero-American Culture, that begins on October 1.

Los Príncipes de Asturias presidirán el Mundial de Fórmula Windsurfing - Marca.com

El Príncipe de Asturias regresa a España tras presenciar la victoria de la selección de waterpolo. europapress.es
The Prince of Asturias returns to Spain after being present at the victory of the selection of waterpolo
BEIJING, 12 Ago. (EUROPE PRESS) -
The Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, has undertaken return to Spain after his stay of several days in Beijing to be present at some of the first events of the Olympic Games.

FEDERACION ESPAñOLA DE BALONCESTO
The Princes of Asturias, with the basketball
To return To print
The 13/08/2008 Princes of Asturias are supporting to the Spanish selections masculine and feminine of basketball in their parties of the Olympic Games of Beijing 2008, like all the Royal Family in disputed EuroBasket 2007 in Spain already did.

Pretty funny and how ridiculous to have to say "I'm a princess" and then walk away. It shows that her ego is bigger than her head! Loved it!

It's clear that you don't understand this article, it was ironic, :cool:

But talking about egos nothing like, YOU CAN'T TAKE PICTURES OF US, respect. and a journalist was injured, guess who made this words, and cause the problem, your beloved holland princess, that is ego.

Pretty funny and how ridiculous to have to say "I'm a princess" and then walk away. It shows that her ego is bigger than her head! Loved it!
But she is a princess at the moment even a crown princess. It has nothing with her ego.
Btw it's better than say "get off".

I don´t understand what´s the problem. The journalist didn´t recognize Letizia and thought that she was a reporter too. Letizia was embarrassed and said that she was a princess and left with prince Felipe. What should she have done?

I read the article. It seems a poster is just trying to stir up trouble. I didn't appear to me there was any ego involved.

I really don't believe that this actually happened. Just something for a "low rung" news want-to-be to have his name in the paper.

I agree. She should have introduced by her full name. If she just says " I'm a princess and then walk away, it reveals a conceited and proud person.

I agree. She should have introduced by her full name. If she just says " I'm a princess and then walk away, it reveals a conceited and proud person.

The Spanish royals have never called themselves 'Felipe de Borbon' or 'Elena/Cristina De Borbon' or 'Letizia Ortiz' in public, that's wrong protocol wise, they all call themselves or each other Prince/Princess and Infantas in public. There was a story of Queen Sofia insisted the flight attendants calling her daughters 'infantas'.

I really don't believe that this actually happened. Just something for a "low rung" news want-to-be to have his name in the paper.

I agree with you. The story was initially from German press according to 'eye witnesses', how reliable it's ! This so called Latin American journalist was among a few journalists from Spain trying to interview Felipe and Letizia, taking pictures of them at the Spain-China basketball game, since Letizia didn't recognize him and asked him which media outlet he was working at, then suddenly he didn't know who she was LOL :lol::lol:.

I think the only way to judge it would have been a video clip because wording is down do everyone's interpretation and depends on the way it was being said and received. I don't believe Letizia meant to be arrogant because if she was it would be extremely stupid of her, cutting off the branch she's been sitting on and wants to sit on for a few more decades, so to say. I find especially the Princes extremely polite in public, almost too polite up do a submissive degree in order to save their jobs which makes them vulnerable to excessive critizism or mockery. A bad position to gain the respect they will need to be taken seriously once JC will have left this planet.

It is very imaginable. This is not the first time that Letizia made the same statement. All of us remember her brave statement in 2003 " LET ME FINISH"!

All of us remember her brave statement in 2003 " LET ME FINISH"!

;) Yes but this was when she still felt like Alice In Wonderland, before Zarzuela's reality check transformed her into a submissive wifey who from now on would shut up, give birth to children and walk behind her all important husband.

Well I personally dont give the story much credibility. Its very possible that that was a first sentance, or an edited one; very much more marketable than a polite statement or conversation, wouldnt you say???!

It is very imaginable. This is not the first time that Letizia made the same statement. All of us remember her brave statement in 2003 " LET ME FINISH"!
So much ado about nothing!

hmmm it must be my quirky sense of humor, but i find it kinda charming and funny. we don't know if it's true but i wouldn't be surprised, if she was standing next to one of my local reporters they would have asked the same question because they wouldn't have known her either. i can't imagine she said it snarky or snobby, just a simple statement, walking away with her husband.... i think it's cute, but then again i've been known to say "because i'm a princess" (my daddy's nickname for me).

I'm of the opinion it's polite form to use the correct address to everyone.....common courtesy. i never call my parents friends by their given names (they've asked me to) but they are Mr. Mrs. Doctor etc they deserve my respect, i give it.

I don't think Princes of Asturias do what JC say, I think they know what is good and bad for their images, and I am totally sure that they don't have to inform anybody where their vacations are gonna be, They are the most hard working princes in europe, and I think their personal life is handdle by them, so, they don't care what press could tell about being in Mallorca with Felipes's sister or so on, moreover now that press as ALWAYS are telling stupids things about them, every year since prince felipe got married press just make up stories for selling papers but nothing belong to the real life, so They must be tired of that.

They do in their private life what they want, no matter what people could say, and I'm happy for them

Letizia is a former journalist who knows exactly how the press operates. The idea that she would have acted in an arrogant fashion towards a reporter is just wishful thinking.

She answered a straight question with a straight answer! What is the problem. Her job, role and title is ....princess.

It's truth, she gave the best and simplest answer. If she had told "I'm the future Queen of Spain" - in this case we could say that's it's a bit too much....

I don't think Princes of Asturias do what JC say, I think they know what is good and bad for their images
That is wishful thinking. Felipe will move when JC whistles and do what his old man wants him to do in all matters that concern the public image of the monarchy. That includes a main vacation destination Majorca (good for tourism industry and various high profile sponsors the SRF benefit from) and an official visit to Asturias with Leonor. Apart from duty I agree, JC probably couldn't care less at what location they spend a private vacation out of the public eye (as he himself does every year).

They are the most hard working princes in europe
I seriously doubt that but let's not start another comparison argy-bargy.

First of all I think since she was standing right next to Felipe as a couple it was ignorant for the reporter to ask who are you? and whats wrong with her saying she is a princess? she is!!!!

It's clear that you don't understand this article, it was ironic, :cool:

But talking about egos nothing like, YOU CAN'T TAKE PICTURES OF US, respect. and a journalist was injured, guess who made this words, and cause the problem, your beloved holland princess, that is ego.

I am not from Holland, and I don't have a beloved princess. Maxima is who she is, and, unlike many in this forum who defend Letizia to the end, she is not perfect. I don't think it was good at all to make such a comment and for someone to be injured. I completely agree with you 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom