Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 48: August - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please translate -- in general -- what the public was saying? Thank you.

first girl: we have been with them.

the man: they have here been and we almost do not see them

the woman: very handsome and very brown, she more, she is
very handsome

Letizia could have just given him a stern stare and move on. Her statement was an invitation to criticism she does not really need. However, if she was with Felipe why didn't he intervene to put the reporter in his place?
If Letizia had given the reporter a dirty look then the press would have jumped all over her, imo.

From Lula:

September 8

Prince and Princess of Asturias

Dinner on the occasion of the Ambassadors' V Conference " Public and political exterior diplomacy "
Viana's Palace. Madrid

The Princes will definitely not be able to attend the US Open final if Nadal makes it. Perhaps the King (and the Queen) will go this time, his agenda is open.

I tend to believe Queen Sofia would have frozen the reporter at 10 feet away. She is not the kind of a royal who would come up with "I am the Queen" statement. She keeps her distances. As far as the King? He'd either laugh or tell him to take a hike.
Letizia could have just given him a stern stare and move on. Her statement was an invitation to criticism she does not really need. However, if she was with Felipe why didn't he intervene to put the reporter in his place?

If she were asked by a journalist on the questions such as 'Who are you ?', 'What's your occupation ?', She probably would proudly say 'I'm the Queen'. I remember long time ago a story of her at a coffee shop and that was what she said. She is indeed a queen, there is nothing wrong by saying 'I'm the Queen' or 'I'm a queen'.
Anyway, this story has no followups, this so-called Latin American journalist has never been identified, neither were the group of Spanish journalists he was with, only a story from the German press based on a witness. Either this had never happened or not worth an effort to dig further down.

The Princes will definitely not be able to attend the US Open final if Nadal makes it. Perhaps the King (and the Queen) will go this time, his agenda is open.

The United States is too far to go only to a tennis match, a thing is that they come to Roland Garros or Wimbledom if there is a Spanish finalist, and other one that they are going to follow to Nadal or to any other sportsman all over the world.

Well looks like it's a non-issue now seeing as Nadal lost...

How interesting, the dinner was held at the Viana Palace and remembered that HRH is, in addition to Prince of Asturias, also Prince of Viana.

It´s good to see Letizia wearing this lovely outfit again, it´s one of my favourites.

I think she's elegant with that outfit!

The skirt isn't my favourite one but it's ok!

She looks much much better than she looked in the last 2 years. I am no expert but it looks like the face is more round like the very beginning. She got back a "sweetness" she had when she first became engaged. There may be some fat implants on the cheeks some botox and something done with the pronouced chin. All in all it was a very succesful surgery and Letizia got her money's worth. Bravo!

She looks much much better than she looked in the last 2 years. I am no expert but it looks like the face is more round like the very beginning. She got back a "sweetness" she had when she first became engaged. There may be some fat implants on the cheeks some botox and something done with the pronouced chin. All in all it was a very succesful surgery and Letizia got her money's worth. Bravo!
Bottox maybe but I'm not sure about cheeks implants. I'm not the expert but doesn't after implants you don't need more time to be ok.? Or maybe she simple has good beautician and cosmetics or take some rest? Or maybe there's other reason?
No matter how it really was/is she looks great.

El Príncipe Don Felipe y Doña Letizia realizan una visita a los jardines privados del Palacio Real de La Granja. nortecastilla.es

The Prince Don Felipe and Dona Letizia realize a visit to the gardens deprived of La Granja Royal Palace

The Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, and his wife Doña Letizia realized today a private visit to La Granja de San Ildefonso, accompanied by their daughter, Infanta Leonor, and for another couple with their two children.

The princes and their friends ate in a restaurant of the locality (Canónigos) and later visited the gardens of the Royal palace, as they have reported some witnesses who coincided with them.

I wonder what Felipe and the foreign minister said to each other at the door. Felipe didn't look too happy talking to him.

Did they mention something about that they don't hold by the hands on the video? New rumours?

No, they were holding hands walking the stairs. A silly video.

They are talking about Letizia's appearance for more than half of the video, the skirt, the shoes, how she looks etc, obviously there is nothing more to her. Too bad that this poor woman was forced to miss the chance to stand for her abilities. The surgery and the botox will only calm down the comments from earlier this year, that she looked bad and worn, but not resolve her actual problem, the lack of substance in her role. Always about how she looks, rarely about what she does. I don't believe that Letizia had such a development in mind for herself but I assume Zarzuela know exactly what they are doing.

Duke of Marmelade, you are more and more turning into the Voice of Reason in several forums on this board. Don't get me wrong, I am actually not being ironic here but serious.
Very refreshing!

They are talking about Letizia's appearance for more than half of the video, the skirt, the shoes, how she looks etc, obviously there is nothing more to her. Too bad that this poor woman was forced to miss the chance to stand for her abilities. The surgery and the botox will only calm down the comments from earlier this year, that she looked bad and worn, but not resolve her actual problem, the lack of substance in her role. Always about how she looks, rarely about what she does. I don't believe that Letizia had such a development in mind for herself but I assume Zarzuela know exactly what they are doing.

But this is a tabloid show for entertainment only, why would they be interested at any serious subject ? If you look at TVE news updates or the press articles from the serious newspapers, then the substance of the acts were mentioned.
The major shareholders of Telecinco are Italians, they are only in Spain to make money.

The same cold be said about many other female royals.The press is often only ever interested in what they are wearing etc.

The same cold be said about many other female royals.The press is often only ever interested in what they are wearing etc.
That is true for some of the members of this forum. All they are about are the clothes and the outer appearance of the person.

Bottox maybe but I'm not sure about cheeks implants. I'm not the expert but doesn't after implants you don't need more time to be ok.? Or maybe she simple has good beautician and cosmetics or take some rest? Or maybe there's other reason?
No matter how it really was/is she looks great.

I have heard that if they transfer fat from another part of the body such as the buttocks for example, there is no risk of infection or rejection. If she recovered from the nose procedure bruises the cheek impants were easier to recover from. I believe it is done from the inside of the mouth.
Still, she looks much better than the last two years. I just hope she is happy.

That is true for some of the members of this forum. All they are about are the clothes and the outer appearance of the person.

Chuchu, unless one of us knows the royal personally or the royal gave a statement or an interview, all we have to go by is the outer appearance.
I do not believe anyone has an agenda, we simply look at what they show us and we comment.

El Príncipe Don Felipe y Doña Letizia realizan una visita a los jardines privados del Palacio Real de La Granja. nortecastilla.es

The Prince Don Felipe and Dona Letizia realize a visit to the gardens deprived of La Granja Royal Palace

The Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, and his wife Doña Letizia realized today a private visit to La Granja de San Ildefonso, accompanied by their daughter, Infanta Leonor, and for another couple with their two children.

The princes and their friends ate in a restaurant of the locality (Canónigos) and later visited the gardens of the Royal palace, as they have reported some witnesses who coincided with them.

Oh thanks for that news!!! I would love to see pics from that day! but it was private so we wo't see anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom