The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

El Correo Gallego/Visita por sorpresa de los Príncipes de Asturias a Santiago para asistir a la boda de Sonsoles Ónega
Photo
The Princes of Asturias attended yesterday at the wedding of journalist Sonsoles Onega, who is Letizia´s good friend.
Could some tell more about this article?

Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Wink

From El Correo Gallego

http://www.elcorreogallego.es/servic...ndes/30233.jpg
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/servic...ndes/30235.jpg
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/servic...ndes/30234.jpg
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/servic...ndes/30236.jpg

Pazo de San Lorenzo
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/585/pazo1he3.jpg

Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for those pics!!!

her dress seems great! I love the colour! hope we'll be able to see better ones!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Isn't it a little too far-fetched to relate recycling clothes and having a weighty agenda ? Even if you're really busy, it's not the staff surrounding you that will be too busy to get new clothes on your behalf ... .
I wish someone could tell me if this is, in fact, true. I read somewhere that Letizia has a person that comes in once or twice a month (or so) to advise her on new articles of clothing, shoes, purse, jewelry, etc., helping her with gowns also for special events. Mary and Maxima both have full time clothiers on their payrolls which also help purchasing for children and gifts.

Is there someone out there that knows for certain if this is true -- not just their opinion.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Mary and Maxima both have full time clothiers on their payrolls which also help purchasing for children and gifts.

Is there someone out there that knows for certain if this is true -- not just their opinion.
Mary has a full-time help for that? It would surprise me if that was true. She gets help from a stylist called Anja (something) but I very much doubt that this is a full-time job.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the pics however are there more pictures of the princes? I love the wedding gown of the bride. Simple but very elegant esp. the green belt around her waist.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

It's a little hard to tell from the angle, but I think Letizia looks gorgeous! That shawl draped around her shoulders looks very elegant.

And I agree about the bride's dress -- I love color in wedding gowns. And that veil is fabulous, something that you'd expect to see on a princess getting married in a huge cathedral!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a busy weekend for Felipe above all!
Too bad we don't have more pics of the wedding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Simple but very elegant esp. the green belt around her waist.
Usually (in Italy at least) the Catholic brides add " some colour" only when they are pregnant and wearing a totally white gown would be a bit unrespectful, though a few pregnant brides don't.
I guess that in Spain it is the same!
It has nothing to do with fashion!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.
i would hardly qualify letizia as 'not owning enough clothes' and therefore tht's why she recycles. she has been a princess for 4 years and recycled just enough. i think she has a lot of pretty outfits she never recycled (while some others- basics - she recycled too much, but again, no crime in doing that). i think she recycles just the right amount.

in defense of maxima, i think we saw her recycling quite a bit of times. the netherlands has 16,408,557 inhabitants: spain has 45,200,737. it's just normal that letizia has many more events than maxima does.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Mary has a full-time help for that? It would surprise me if that was true. She gets help from a stylist called Anja (something) but I very much doubt that this is a full-time job.
But do you know for a fact that she doesn't have a professional clothes buyer that does in fact bring samples and photos of fashions and then orders them for her -- eliminating the NEED for her to shop. A good buyer will also tell the client where to wear what item. While not an exclusive full time position for one person, a good buyer has only a few clients that take 100% of her time.

I read that this is exactly what Maxima and Mary [and many others] now employ whereas the young Spanish Royals never employed one. Just wanted to know if this was true fact or not, not an opinion.

I personally know a few busy professional women that in fact employ professional buyers and am shocked that all Royals don't use this service
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

There was an article devoted to Letizia in El Pais Semanal a little while ago where it was stated that she doesn't have a stylist and Queen Sofia gave her the advice to stick with more or less one designer who turned out to be Varela and I think this is a reliable information.

A lot has been said about her clothes in the fashion thread, same goes for the recycling. I don't think Letizia recycles too much but too fast, sometimes within days, wearing the same pair of shoes again and again.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Los PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias presidirán el miércoles la entrega de los reales despachos. europapress.es

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday the delivery of the royal offices

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside next Wednesday, the 16th of July the act of delivery of royal offices to the new officials of the Navy and of the Common of the Defense. In the act that will take place in the Naval Military School of Marín, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia also will be present at the oath of flag of the pupils of the first course of the Naval Military School.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There was an article devoted to Letizia in El Pais Semanal a little while ago where it was stated that she doesn't have a stylist and Queen Sofia gave her the advice to stick with more or less one designer who turned out to be Varela and I think this is a reliable information.

A lot has been said about her clothes in the fashion thread, same goes for the recycling. I don't think Letizia recycles too much but too fast, sometimes within days, wearing the same pair of shoes again and again.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Princes of Asturias, with the champions of the world of roller hockey

Los PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias, con los campeones del mundo de hockey sobre patines - Público.es

The Ideal of Granada celebrates the 75 anniversary with the Princes of Asturias

El Ideal de Granada celebra su 75 aniversario con los Príncipes de Asturias | soitu.es

Gallery of photos
Multimedia: Ideal Digital
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos
20minutos
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Old 07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Boy, the neckline on this outfit really screams out for a necklace or scarf or something. The V-neck is so bare and plain and unattractive. I can see that Letizia is wearing earrings, but her long hair hides them. Can't Felipe give Letizia a nice string of pearls?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Courtier

It's not that bad...but definitly could have added a necklace.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Courtier

IMO she doesnt look good at all, she is hunched, she looks sick. I really dont like her in this pics
Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Commoner

Everytime i see her i wanna feed her it´s not normal that she loose soo much weight i mean she looks ace before the wedding and now she only Bones and skin and that´s not pretty.
Today in a german Tv Show they asked if she has aneroxi because she´s soo skinny
Old 07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Gentry

I like the outfit. Light and summery. No need to weight it down with jewellery and scarves. Simple and tasteful. Fantastic bod as per usual.