The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Heraldo/Los Príncipes presiden la entrega de Despachos en la Academia General Militar de Zaragoza
Photo

Old 07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Is there a strategy behind wearing exactly the same outfit at exactly the same event every year? http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...2281402105.jpg
(07.07.2006) thanks to casareal
http://i35.tinypic.com/16m81es.jpg
(10.07.2008) thanks to lula
Unless also Letizia is wearing an uniform, that is soooo weird!
I like the dress and I don't mind her repeating her outfits, but the same outfit at the same event is too much, IMO.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Courtier

I think that Letizia looks very nice in that outfit and I don't mind that it was worn exactly a year before at the same event. I am sure that she either didn't realize [that fact] or probably didn't care, as that type of thing just isn't important to her. Good for her.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Los PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias presidirán el miércoles la entrega de despachos en la Escuela Naval Militar de MarÃ*n. europapress.es

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday at the delivery of offices in Marín's Naval Military School

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside next Wednesday, the 16th of July at the act of delivery of royal offices to the new officials of the Navy and of the Common Bodies of the Defense.

In the act, that will take place in the Naval Military School of Marín, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia also will be present at the oath of flag of the pupils of the first course of the Naval Military School.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Do you know if prince Felipe participates this weekend to the boat race which is in Valencia??? it would be great if he could be there with his girls:!!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
Do you know if prince Felipe participates this weekend to the boat race which is in Valencia??? it would be great if he could be there with his girls:!!!!
The CAM is in the race, I also wonder if Felipe will join his friends or not. If he does, I doubt we are going to see the girls. The Princes have a house in Mallorca, but not in Valencia. The girls are still very small, not so convenient to stay at a hotel.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

Are Dona Letizia pregnant? I see 3 bracelets on her hand - Leonor, Sofia and ...? Or I have a problem with my eyes?

http://portal.aragon.es/xpf/fichero/...0807101_AR.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/29g29s9.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/302p561.jpg
Old 07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
Are Dona Letizia pregnant? I see 3 bracelets on her hand - Leonor, Sofia and ...? Or I have a problem with my eyes?
According to some journalists, the third bracelet takes the name of her niece Carla, the daughter of the deceased Erika.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I think that Letizia looks very nice in that outfit and I don't mind that it was worn exactly a year before at the same event. I am sure that she either didn't realize [that fact] or probably didn't care, as that type of thing just isn't important to her. Good for her.
I really hope that is not the case because if Letizia doesn't care that is too serious to me!!!She should care yes!!! Being a Princess and a future Queen she should care about those sort of things, recycle is good yes and we already know that she recycles a lot but wearing the same outfit for the same event that is too mucht and a very bad taste IMO!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I really hope that is not the case because if Letizia doesn't care that is too serious to me!!!She should care yes!!! Being a Princess and a future Queen she should care about those sort of things, recycle is good yes and we already know that she recycles a lot but wearing the same outfit for the same event that is too mucht and a very bad taste IMO!
Fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion, for God sake, is that really IMPORTANT?

I don't think so, Princess Letizia has never been known as a Fashion victim or lately fashion princess like Princess Mary is, Princess Letizia just DON'T MIND if she has worn the same outfit at the same evernt, for her the real thing is her job, not being an admired princess just for her cloth.

My lord. It has been said thousands of times.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The military event was mostly attended by men and they will probably not ever remember what clothes their own wives have much less what Letizia wore last year.

Anyone visiting these discussion boards probably knows more about royal ladies clothes than anyone else but lets keep it in perspective.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The military event was mostly attended by men and they will probably not ever remember what clothes their own wives have much less what Letizia wore last year.

Anyone visiting these discussion boards probably knows more about royal ladies clothes than anyone else but lets keep it in perspective.
This is so true.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
As stated in the orig post, it was 2 years ago that she wore the same outfit, not a year ago.

Secondly, considering the number of events she goes to (at least one per day) can you imagine the amount of work involved in keeping track of what she wore, for what event over the years and then using that info for her daily planning. She would need a personal assistant and a database application for just that.

Then we would all complain about the un-necessary expense, that she is a fashion model etc.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Courtier

she looks so thin , my first impression would be that she was anorexic. i mean i am a royal watcher so i know that she isn\t but jesus it looks like it.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion, for God sake, is that really IMPORTANT?

I don't think so, Princess Letizia has never been known as a Fashion victim or lately fashion princess like Princess Mary is, Princess Letizia just DON'T MIND if she has worn the same outfit at the same evernt, for her the real thing is her job, not being an admired princess just for her cloth.

My lord. It has been said thousands of times.
biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that it is very understandable, that princess Letizia recycles her clothes, she has such a busy agenda that it would be a really silly waste of money, if she would have a new outfit to every engagement. Letizia has at least 3 acts every week, next week she will have 7 acts. Princess Maxima has less acts, and maybe she can spend more money to her clothes. If I was a spaniard, I would respect the royal family of Spain very much because of their energetic and busy work and also because the royal ladies of Spain haven´t become victims of fashion.
There is only a small group of people (like us here) who are interested about the outfits of the royalty, and how many times they recycle them. More people are interested in that how the royals do their job. I don´t care how many times Letizia recycles her outfits, I admire her because of her way of working.

Photos from the military event:
La Opionion de Zamora
El Correo Andalucia
Old 07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.
It's OBVIOUSLY that Maxima doesn't have the agenda that Letizia has, so yes, maybe you're right she never recycles her clothe and even yes, it doesn't have to be with fashion like you said, but with the activities that each princess has and Princess Letizia is the MOST hard working princess.

So that is why princess Letizia recycles her cloth, or maybe it is not that it is that we frecuently see her more than other Princess, so she has to repeit her outfits.

Yes each person is allowed to express his opinion, like you, her and me did.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Isn't it a little too far-fetched to relate recycling clothes and having a weighty agenda ? Even if you're really busy, it's not the staff surrounding you that will be too busy to get new clothes on your behalf ... .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

She wore this outfit 2 years ago (2006) at the Military Academy in Zaragoza, not last year. She was on the maternity leave this time last year. The event was also attended by the families and relatives of those military graduates. It was a very hot day, several people fainted at the event, maybe Letizia just found this dress very comfortable for the hot weather.
Anyway, like some other posters here, I also wonder where her old clothes bought before or during the first year of her marriage. If those old clothers were borrowed from Varela (designer), then she probably doesn't have many old clothes left for recycle.