Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 45: May - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princes of Asturias
The old thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.

Ladydinn thanks for this link! i´m going to traslate it.

PHOTOS : Letizia d’Espagne plus qu’une star d’Hollywood, une princesse !

LETIZIA OF SPAIN, MORE THAN A HOLLYWOOD STAR, A PRINCESS.

Princess Letizia of Spain has nothing to envy all the most beautiful Hollywood stars, she is sublime!
The Spanish journalist, wife of Prince Felipe, has the advantages of an actress or model, in her red dress.
On the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the business magazine "Actualidad Economica",in Madrid, Letizia of Spain was beautiful, smiling, thin and muscular…

A princess as in fairy tales…

I don't think that there is ever an inappropriate time for married couples to hold hands, whether it be at a wedding, funerals or anything in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that there is ever an inappropriate time for married couples to hold hands, whether it be at a wedding, funerals or anything in between.

I don't think so. That was a formal gala-evening (yesterday), holding hands IS inappropiate
Attenting e.g. a casual sailing competition or a afternoon at the zoo is less formal, if they photographed holding hands it wouldn't look strange.
After all they are royals not celebreties, and therefor one could expect a royal behavor, couldn't you?

I don't think so. That was a formal gala-evening (yesterday), holding hands IS inappropiate
Attenting e.g. a casual sailing competition or a afternoon at the zoo is less formal, if they photographed holding hands it wouldn't look strange.
After all they are royals not celebreties, and therefor one could expect a royal behavor, couldn't you?

Why would it be inappropriate to hold hands at a gala evening? I don't get it!

They were usually holding hands when making the entrance or exit, as long as it doesn't affect their work, what's so inappropriate.
On the other royals, Philippe and Mathilde were often seen holding hands, not only this, Mathilde often put her arm around her hubby's shoulder, the gesture I haven't been fond of since I prefered hubby's arm on her shoulder instead as WA and Maxi :).

Holding hands or not she looks great, almost stunning if not her shoulders...

Princes of Asturias don´t seem worried about the fact that hold their hands is appropiate or is not appropiate.They do that they want.:rolleyes:

They were usually holding hands when making the entrance or exit, as long as it doesn't affect their work, what's so inappropriate.
On the other royals, Philippe and Mathilde were often seen holding hands, not only this, Mathilde often put her arm around her hubby's shoulder, the gesture I haven't been fond of since I prefered hubby's arm on her shoulder instead as WA and Maxi :).

I was just telling you my opinion, it I think i should add that I find holding hands at very formal events, inappropiate for all royal couples, not only for L&F ;)
Maybe because I'm oldfashioned.....

I've seen M&F holding hands while on visit in Iceland, or M&WA on Queensday, and it was ok with me, and were ok with me too for L&F e.g. on a similar event too, but not for a gala evening. For me it' s the same as wearing jeans for a wedding or a statebankett.

You all entiteled to your opinion, and I to mine :flowers:

jinigirl, I think I know what you are saying. It would be like the President and the CEO of a company who are married, showing up and walking into a boardmeeting holding hands.
It's just not done in that type of atmosphere. It should always remain "professional".
Things like that are done "outside" of the company.

As for myself, I would rather see the Royal couple hold hands than the above scenerio.

P.S.: I "hate" her dress. the 2 different materials bothers me and the gathering around her hips bothers me. If it was all one material, I think I would like it. I like the cut and style of the dress, but those 2 things make me not like it in the least.

jinigirl, I think I know what you are saying. It would be like the President and the CEO of a company who are married, showing up and walking into a boardmeeting holding hands.
It's just not done in that type of atmosphere. It should always remain "professional".

As for myself, I would rather see the Royal couple hold hands than the above scenerio.

P.S.: I "hate" her dress. the 2 different materials bothers me and the gathering around her hips bothers me. If it was all one material, I think I would like it. I like the cut and style of the dress, but those 2 things make me not like it in the least.

Thank you, I'm not alone :lol:
That was exatly what I tried to explain, but I couldn't find the right words (I have to improve my english a lot...)

I like when Letizia is wearing red, the backview of the dress is quite nice, I like the purple dress, too, nice color

Things like that are done "outside" of the company..

I think that the professional attitude must be demonstrated in your daily work and not judged by a simple and affectionate gesture, and I think that prince Felipe(and Letizia too) shows every day that he is a professional man.He, along with Letizia, do a flawless job ,so...Why do you focus your attention on a simple gesture?
Frankly I think you are exaggerating.

The Asturias have a very busy agenda and it seems to me they fulfill their duties in a most professional way. In my opinion, holding hands does not detract from their numerous duties and the way they perform them. It is obvious that they are not hand in hand for the x amount of hours an event lasts... They are a very handsome couple; if they are also happy and it shows, good for them. I think it is great, a bit of compensation for a life in the public eye, which is not precisely a bed of roses.

I think the gala events are more of a fun event, less substance compared to the business meetings. People do get all dressed up, but that's only on the superficial side. So far Felipe and Letizia have always looked very professional at the business meetings they attended. Not long ago a couple of posters just complained Letizia looked too serious at a business meeting.

I think that the professional attitude must be demonstrated in your daily work and not judged by a simple and affectionate gesture, and I think that prince Felipe(and Letizia too) shows every day that he is a professional man.He, along with Letizia, do a flawless job ,so...Why do you focus your attention on a simple gesture?
Frankly I think you are exaggerating.
Well Camarina,
first of all, I NEVER said they were unprofessional.
second of all, I said I would rather see them holding hands, meaning, it does not bother me one way or the other regardless of the situation they are in.
and third of all, I am not focusing my attention in the gesture itself, I am merely responding to other posters comments and issuing my opinion.

you should really read my entire post to understand what I was expressing, rather than say I am "exagerating".

Truth be told, I could not care one way or the other what these people do in their daily lives. I just wanted to join the discussion.

I think that is just how you see a situation. I came from an extremely happy and emotional marriage of many years and children so I tend to see things in that light. Holding hands fits this bill for me. I still get teary when I see an older couple in their 70/80s holding hands or dancing at a wedding. Sentimental, I know.

No other royal couple hold hands the most, gala or non-gala, than Mathilde and Philippe (just go to their thread). Those two can't get their hands off each other. And nobody in any forums you go criticize that but rather call it "sweet" and "romantic". I wonder what those people who call on F&L holding hands say about M&P.

Only F&L, only F&L.

I don't see any other royal couple holding hands during official functions getting this degree and depth of discussion than F&L and it's rather sad. It's very refreshing and good to see that they're united and in love with such sweet gestures, why do some people insist on putting them on a much higher and often unattainable platform than the any other royal couples.

A very good example is the current Iceland trip made by F&M - they were very close and showed in all pictures their closeness by holding hands etc but in every single post one reads nothing about this being unprofessional, there's no discussion about right or wrong etc...yet with F&L such simple gesture sparks so much more discussion?

Personally, I think it's just a normal, simple gesture of a loving couple holding hands - millions of people do it daily.

letizia looks just gorgeous in that new gala dress! the colour looks amazing on her and the style is so elegant and modern, imo. well done!

Holding hands is nice every now and then when it's a natural and affectionate gesture. Felipe and Letizia do it all the time and at some point it doesn't look natural anymore. Just take yesterday, they are holding hands on almost every picture and to me it doesn't look natural, more like clutching on hubby as if she couldn't walk without him. Maybe it has to do with her sisters' ordeal that she needs Felipe's assurance all the time now. It's almost if they were merging into one person or he has to guide her because Letizia can't get through the event on her own, has nothing to do with the occasional sweet gesture that everyone likes to see.

I also think that too! Holding hands in a oficial act is not appropriate at all!Yes Frederick and Mary were holding hands and kissing each other but do you see some similarity in both events????I don't!!!! Of course that was an oficial trip but has many have said before it was a very natural and relax trip and we can get to see them close to each other in some outside and relax trips not in oficial inside events where they need to me more serious, polite and be rule by strict protocol, to me that is a great difference. It is not appropriate either polite to hold hands in oficial events like these!
Her red dress is seams to be very common and that colour is too shinny to me! But has I said before if what counts is the image.... she got it, but just don't see the dress to close because it would look to cheap to me!

It seems quite funny to me how people use images to their own convenience. If F&L are holding hands often, than it's not appropriate and wrong. But... if their keeping their distance, not holding hands, than they're not so much in love anymore as they were and their marriage is in trouble! I just don't see it. If they like holidng hands, then let them hold hands! Some couples love holding hands all the time, while others don't. It means absolutely nothing!

Welll what can we do?, Nothing He is extremely in love with her, no matter any protocol or rule for an event, It doesn't make her job worse or better, They are just holding hands and They like to do it like that, I think they will remain doing it, for me is just so CUTE, like He were saying I'm here for her now and Forever, this is just soo cute for words, I love them for that, I just don't get it, because every single person want to say something hideous about them, (they are seriuos, she is so thin, they don't interact with anybody an so on), I don't know why always has to be Ps Fand L, There are always some Buts , just leave them being like they want to be, that 's it.

Maybe jelous, That's what I think nothing against anyone.

Last edited:
Welll what can we do?, Nothing He is extremely in love with her, no matter any protocol or rule for an event, It doesn't make her job worse or better, They are just holding hands and They like to do it like that, I think they will remain doing it, for me is just so CUTE, like He were saying I'm here for her now and Forever, this is just soo cute for words, I love them for that, I just don't get it, because every single person want to say something hideous about them, (they are seriuos, she is so thin, they don't interact with anybody an so on), I don't know why always has to be Ps Fand L, There are some Buts always, just leave them being like they want to be, that 's it.

Maybe jelous, That's what I think nothing again anyone.
Wonderfully stated -- I agree. Jealousy and envy is a really sick emotion. People should stop and think about it before finding fault of other's actions and realize the exact reason they are complaining, if they have the mental strength to actually look at themselves.

I personally think that showing affection at all times it what this "political correct" world is lacking, among other things.

Sorry, but Donald Trump and Bill Gates are among two CEO (or better) that have been pictured a few times holding hands at huge board meetings with both their spouses -- Bill Gates not professional, please.

So, after 2 pages of discussions about "holding hand or not" I'd like to ask you to get back on topic - which is Felipe & Letizia's current events.
Thank you.
:lucky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom