The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 45: May - June 2008

Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princes of Asturias
The old thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Ladydinn thanks for this link! i´m going to traslate it.

PHOTOS : Letizia d’Espagne plus qu’une star d’Hollywood, une princesse !

LETIZIA OF SPAIN, MORE THAN A HOLLYWOOD STAR, A PRINCESS.

Princess Letizia of Spain has nothing to envy all the most beautiful Hollywood stars, she is sublime!
The Spanish journalist, wife of Prince Felipe, has the advantages of an actress or model, in her red dress.
On the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the business magazine "Actualidad Economica",in Madrid, Letizia of Spain was beautiful, smiling, thin and muscular…

A princess as in fairy tales…

Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Courtier

I don't think that there is ever an inappropriate time for married couples to hold hands, whether it be at a wedding, funerals or anything in between.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I don't think that there is ever an inappropriate time for married couples to hold hands, whether it be at a wedding, funerals or anything in between.
I don't think so. That was a formal gala-evening (yesterday), holding hands IS inappropiate
Attenting e.g. a casual sailing competition or a afternoon at the zoo is less formal, if they photographed holding hands it wouldn't look strange.
After all they are royals not celebreties, and therefor one could expect a royal behavor, couldn't you?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I don't think so. That was a formal gala-evening (yesterday), holding hands IS inappropiate
Attenting e.g. a casual sailing competition or a afternoon at the zoo is less formal, if they photographed holding hands it wouldn't look strange.
After all they are royals not celebreties, and therefor one could expect a royal behavor, couldn't you?
Why would it be inappropriate to hold hands at a gala evening? I don't get it!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
They were usually holding hands when making the entrance or exit, as long as it doesn't affect their work, what's so inappropriate.
On the other royals, Philippe and Mathilde were often seen holding hands, not only this, Mathilde often put her arm around her hubby's shoulder, the gesture I haven't been fond of since I prefered hubby's arm on her shoulder instead as WA and Maxi .
Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Holding hands or not she looks great, almost stunning if not her shoulders...
Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Princes of Asturias don´t seem worried about the fact that hold their hands is appropiate or is not appropiate.They do that they want.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
They were usually holding hands when making the entrance or exit, as long as it doesn't affect their work, what's so inappropriate.
On the other royals, Philippe and Mathilde were often seen holding hands, not only this, Mathilde often put her arm around her hubby's shoulder, the gesture I haven't been fond of since I prefered hubby's arm on her shoulder instead as WA and Maxi .
I was just telling you my opinion, it I think i should add that I find holding hands at very formal events, inappropiate for all royal couples, not only for L&F
Maybe because I'm oldfashioned.....

I've seen M&F holding hands while on visit in Iceland, or M&WA on Queensday, and it was ok with me, and were ok with me too for L&F e.g. on a similar event too, but not for a gala evening. For me it' s the same as wearing jeans for a wedding or a statebankett.

You all entiteled to your opinion, and I to mine
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Courtier

jinigirl, I think I know what you are saying. It would be like the President and the CEO of a company who are married, showing up and walking into a boardmeeting holding hands.
It's just not done in that type of atmosphere. It should always remain "professional".
Things like that are done "outside" of the company.

As for myself, I would rather see the Royal couple hold hands than the above scenerio.

P.S.: I "hate" her dress. the 2 different materials bothers me and the gathering around her hips bothers me. If it was all one material, I think I would like it. I like the cut and style of the dress, but those 2 things make me not like it in the least.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
jinigirl, I think I know what you are saying. It would be like the President and the CEO of a company who are married, showing up and walking into a boardmeeting holding hands.
It's just not done in that type of atmosphere. It should always remain "professional".
Things like that are done "outside" of the company.

As for myself, I would rather see the Royal couple hold hands than the above scenerio.

P.S.: I "hate" her dress. the 2 different materials bothers me and the gathering around her hips bothers me. If it was all one material, I think I would like it. I like the cut and style of the dress, but those 2 things make me not like it in the least.

Thank you, I'm not alone
That was exatly what I tried to explain, but I couldn't find the right words (I have to improve my english a lot...)

I like when Letizia is wearing red, the backview of the dress is quite nice, I like the purple dress, too, nice color
Old 05-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Princess earrings, a better pic from last summer

http://i25.tinypic.com/108ffy8.jpg

I see a lot of little diamonds, a very good jewellery, I think.

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...81063537&cdi=0
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, lots of little diamonds, a nice and fun piece.

http://www.abc.es/galerias/gente/med...1863849954.JPG
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
Things like that are done "outside" of the company..

I think that the professional attitude must be demonstrated in your daily work and not judged by a simple and affectionate gesture, and I think that prince Felipe(and Letizia too) shows every day that he is a professional man.He, along with Letizia, do a flawless job ,so...Why do you focus your attention on a simple gesture?
Frankly I think you are exaggerating.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Commoner

The Asturias have a very busy agenda and it seems to me they fulfill their duties in a most professional way. In my opinion, holding hands does not detract from their numerous duties and the way they perform them. It is obvious that they are not hand in hand for the x amount of hours an event lasts... They are a very handsome couple; if they are also happy and it shows, good for them. I think it is great, a bit of compensation for a life in the public eye, which is not precisely a bed of roses.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the gala events are more of a fun event, less substance compared to the business meetings. People do get all dressed up, but that's only on the superficial side. So far Felipe and Letizia have always looked very professional at the business meetings they attended. Not long ago a couple of posters just complained Letizia looked too serious at a business meeting.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
I think that the professional attitude must be demonstrated in your daily work and not judged by a simple and affectionate gesture, and I think that prince Felipe(and Letizia too) shows every day that he is a professional man.He, along with Letizia, do a flawless job ,so...Why do you focus your attention on a simple gesture?
Frankly I think you are exaggerating.
Well Camarina,
first of all, I NEVER said they were unprofessional.
second of all, I said I would rather see them holding hands, meaning, it does not bother me one way or the other regardless of the situation they are in.
and third of all, I am not focusing my attention in the gesture itself, I am merely responding to other posters comments and issuing my opinion.

you should really read my entire post to understand what I was expressing, rather than say I am "exagerating".

Truth be told, I could not care one way or the other what these people do in their daily lives. I just wanted to join the discussion.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Courtier

I think that is just how you see a situation. I came from an extremely happy and emotional marriage of many years and children so I tend to see things in that light. Holding hands fits this bill for me. I still get teary when I see an older couple in their 70/80s holding hands or dancing at a wedding. Sentimental, I know.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Courtier

No other royal couple hold hands the most, gala or non-gala, than Mathilde and Philippe (just go to their thread). Those two can't get their hands off each other. And nobody in any forums you go criticize that but rather call it "sweet" and "romantic". I wonder what those people who call on F&L holding hands say about M&P.

Only F&L, only F&L.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Courtier

I don't see any other royal couple holding hands during official functions getting this degree and depth of discussion than F&L and it's rather sad. It's very refreshing and good to see that they're united and in love with such sweet gestures, why do some people insist on putting them on a much higher and often unattainable platform than the any other royal couples.

A very good example is the current Iceland trip made by F&M - they were very close and showed in all pictures their closeness by holding hands etc but in every single post one reads nothing about this being unprofessional, there's no discussion about right or wrong etc...yet with F&L such simple gesture sparks so much more discussion?

Personally, I think it's just a normal, simple gesture of a loving couple holding hands - millions of people do it daily.