The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
I wonder if Felipe is truely not as charismatic as his father, or has he not had the chance to be yet because of his father? Geez, that was deep!!! Let me know what you think.
I agree PG!, I think he will have his chance to demonstrate wheter he has charisma or not once he becomes king.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I wonder if Felipe is truely not as charismatic as his father, or has he not had the chance to be yet because of his father? Geez, that was deep!!! Let me know what you think.
He has a different quality about him than his father, but I think he can be a just as good or better in a different way. You're right, it's hard to see someone as a charismatic leader when he is not in the top spot; how can you be a leader when you're not actually the leader yet?

Since I see the main purpose of a royal family (in any country) as providing a a role model of an ideal family life, which I think comforts people, the prince's particular character traits strike me as ideal for the job.

If he and Letizia don't make it to the end, there is no hope for any of us.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I don't know about charismatic. They are just two different types. I believe that Felipe is the "Cary Grant" type (and you can not get much better than that) whereas his father is more like the Kurt Douglas figure. Both were idolized -- but Douglas was the smooth talker whereas Grant had the looks and charm -- IMO.
Very interesting analogy, and I agree.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
I agree PG!, I think he will have his chance to demonstrate wheter he has charisma or not once he becomes king.
Juan Carlos played a big role in the transition of Spain to democracy so his so called "charisma" is mainly due to the prominent role he played in the history of modern Spain.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Two better quality pictures. Red is a good color, like the hair.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9124544.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9124542.jpg
Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i love this dress on Letizia something really new
has she cut a new hair cut

Old 05-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I really like Letizia's hairdo tonight.
Red is definitely her color. No other color suits her that well!
She looks really beautiful; although the cut of the dress makes her look really skinny.
In this picture it looks like the dress has a kind of train. Let's wait for a backview.

The woman who is standing right next to Letizia in this picture wears the same white Valentino-dress CP Mette-Marit wore for the Opening of the new Opera in Oslo about 2 weeks ago.
Letizia's dress is really an eye-catcher in that pic.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i love this dress on Letizizaa something really new
has she cut a new hair cut
I don't see a hair cut. Her hair was styled this time by a hair dresser, unlike the trip to Poland.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

the colour just look lighter

Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

A 50 something woman was wearing a dress for a teenager .

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fdbcc3f17g.jpg
Old 05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain attend "Actualidad Economica" 50th Anniversary on May 12, 2008 at the Palace Hotel in Madrid

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
A 50 something woman was wearing a dress for a teenager .

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fdbcc3f17g.jpg
Yes, a poor choice, but she's got a pretty good body for a 50-something woman. I've seen (a lot) worse.

I don't like Letizia's dress; it highlights her thinness around the neck and shoulder area in an unflattering way. I do like her hair for the first time since she got this cut; it's the first time it hasn't looked harsh and boring.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Princess Letizia looks very sharp in red! very nice!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
In this picture it looks like the dress has a kind of train. Let's wait for a backview.
Not a train, looks like a scarf. The dress looks the best from the side view. I don't like the top from the front view.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/8106...0A760B0D811297
Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Courtier

wow!!! Pss Letizia looks a million dollars in that red dress!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Oh my God WHAT A BODY after TWO pregnancies, I'm in shock.

Her tummy is extremely plain, what does she do to have it like that?

She looks amazing
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Courtier

OK! What a LOVELY Princess!
She looks really WONDERFUL tonight! what a nice body!

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9411/81063562sv9.jpg what a beautiful couple!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
wow!!! Pss Letizia looks a million dollars in that red dress!
I agree, Letizia looks wonderful and shows off her thin envious body. She looked better than I have seen in a long time and I always think that she looks neat, sophisticated and up-scale without being elaborate.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Nobility

Wow, Letizia looks so beautiful today... perfect dress, perfect hair, love the jewelry.. and perfect husband hehe

Closed Thread