Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 42: December 2007 - Feb. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suit is repeated. When she dresses classic, because she dresses classic, when she dresses more "fashion" because she does it ... you never judge with the same criterion.

The Princes are doing a good work these weeks, do not stop. This week they have come to 3 important acts in different areas, an international conference on the conservation of the nature, an exceptional exhibition on Picasso and the inauguration of a center of the European Agency of the space. And all this in a moment in which probably the Princess had preferred being calm with her family and removed from the public look.

The agenda of next week also is interesting, they will be present at an act with the President of Portugal (already there are great the acts that they have shared in the last months with the President of the neighboring country), will preside at two acts on the occasion of the Bicentenary of the War of the Independence and the Princess has three audiences.

The suit is repeated. When she dresses classic, because she dresses classic, when she dresses more "fashion" because she does it ... you never judge with the same criterion.

The Princes are doing a good work these weeks, do not stop. This week they have come to 3 important acts in different areas, an international conference on the conservation of the nature, an exceptional exhibition on Picasso and the inauguration of a center of the European Agency of the space. And all this in a moment in which probably the Princess had preferred being calm with her family and removed from the public look.

The agenda of next week also is interesting, they will be present at an act with the President of Portugal (already there are great the acts that they have shared in the last months with the President of the neighboring country), will preside at two acts on the occasion of the Bicentenary of the War of the Independence and the Princess has three audiences.

Thank you for highlighting the busy scheldue of the Princes of Asturias.
It is always most interesting to discuss what the Princess wears, but I wish we would pay more attention to the actual important work they do.

Lula, the acts this week, are they all in the same city or will the couple have to do alot of travelling around Spain? Next week seems very busy, I also wonder how they can cope with all of it. I mean its very tiring to go, come, meet people etc... But yet they make it seem its easy.

Letizia looked nice at the last event, like the suit color, very glad to see her recycling it

That's nice suit ... but I wonder why her suits looks so sad - I mean colours? Almost always they're grey, black, white or somthing like that.
It's good when one of them when they're together is in grey suite but two it's too much.

I think the princess looked very beautiful today, this was a difficult day for her. Her outfit is very classy and appropriate.

Lula, the acts this week, are they all in the same city or will the couple have to do alot of travelling around Spain? Next week seems very busy, I also wonder how they can cope with all of it. I mean its very tiring to go, come, meet people etc... But yet they make it seem its easy.

Letizia looked nice at the last event, like the suit color, very glad to see her recycling it

This week all the acts have been in Madrid. Next week, Monday they will travel to León, a city to 300 kilometres of Madrid; the Tuesday acts also are in Madrid.

I was hoping that in February the Royal Family was starting reducing acts, but it seems that for the present time not. In Spain there are general elections at the beginning of March, so it is an epoch in which the official activity is in the habit of being scanty.

Last edited:
Little pity that she hasn't got solo engagements even one.

I read in I think it was Hello (print) that F & L will go skiing in February - any truth in that?

I read in I think it was Hello (print) that F & L will go skiing in February - any truth in that?

It is a possibility, but for the present time not a reality. The Spanish Royal Family does not have vacations in the snow as the Dutches, but they can go some weekend to ski. The Infanta Cristina and her family live near Baqueira Beret, and many weekends are going to ski. Also it has been said that the Princes are going to go one day to visit the new ski resort of the municipality that this year received the Prize Prince of Asturias to the Exemplary Village, but for the present time only it is speculation because it is closed for lack of snow.

Thanks for the reminder of the scope and breadth of their work.

There's always constant whining when it comes to Letizia's wardrobe, when she wore suits post-marriage, people whinged, when she started to wear other things, people whinged.

The work that the princes of Asturias do is irreproachable. They have one of the most full royal agendas and I think they do very good job, both together as separate.
As for the wardrobe of Letizia, you may like or not like it but what strikes me most is that some people, by the mere fact of not enjoy her outfits , her haircut or her appearance in general, quite harshly criticized her in sometimes as if she were worse princess or even worse person for not dress as they like. This is a bit outrageous.:neutral:

It is a possibility, but for the present time not a reality. The Spanish Royal Family does not have vacations in the snow as the Dutches, but they can go some weekend to ski. The Infanta Cristina and her family live near Baqueira Beret, and many weekends are going to ski. Also it has been said that the Princes are going to go one day to visit the new ski resort of the municipality that this year received the Prize Prince of Asturias to the Exemplary Village, but for the present time only it is speculation because it is closed for lack of snow.

Thanks lula - snow is essential, isn't it :lol:
The article was about royals going on ski vacation, it also stated that Queen Rania would go but I don't think she did. I know Felipe is a keen skier, not so sure about Letizia. Would be great though if they could spend some leasure time in the snow with the kids, like Cristina & family.

Thanks for the reminder of the scope and breadth of their work.

There's always constant whining when it comes to Letizia's wardrobe, when she wore suits post-marriage, people whinged, when she started to wear other things, people whinged.

ditto. people forget that there's a Royal House of Fashion forum where they should have been posting instead.

IMHO, the problem with this thread is that there's way too much argument on clothes rather than talking about the importance of an event or the effect the Princes have to the events and causes they patronize. it's a shame wasting ten pages of a thread.

Thanks lula for the pictures and updates regarding the princes' schedule, it's good that we'll be seeing them a lot next week.

Thanks lula - snow is essential, isn't it :lol:
The article was about royals going on ski vacation, it also stated that Queen Rania would go but I don't think she did. I know Felipe is a keen skier, not so sure about Letizia. Would be great though if they could spend some leasure time in the snow with the kids, like Cristina & family.
Abdullah, Rania and Hashem did go skiing.

IM SURE LETIZIA HAVE A VERY MUCH WORK TODO.. BUT WHY SHE NEVER GO TO THE ACTS ALONE .. I SEE JUST A LITLE ACTS WHIT LETIZIA ALONE...

AND WHAT HAPPEN WHIT HER FACE LOOK MORE OLDER AND SAD...

Baqueira Beret is usually very crowded, leaving Leonor at the daycare center of the ski resort there is not very realistic. I'm sure all the paparazzis will like to know how Leonor spends her day, it's going to be crazy.
Back to this event. I think Letizia's hair is a little too long for short hair. If she is not waiting for her hair to grow back, she should trim her hair. Even if she does want to grow her hair, she can still have the layers and highlights, the current hair is very dull. It seems she doesn't like to visit the hair salon often, longer hair suits her more.

An old picture in Canary Islands. I always think the blonde highlights suits her the best.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6494/41b0c409c71f81ik7gq1.jpg

Last edited:
I can´t understand this complaining about Letizia not doing solo acts. She had at least six solo acts during September-December last year. She has had a solo act already this year and is having more solo acts next week.
I enjoy very much seeing Felipe and Letizia doing their work together.

Baqueira Beret is usually very crowded, leaving Leonor at the daycare center of the ski resort there is not very realistic. I'm sure all the paparazzis will like to know how Leonor spends her day, it's going to be crazy.

Yes, Donna is slightly evident that often the people, and specially the horrible press do not understand. Some of them seek to compare them with the Infantas and do not see that the situation is very different.

The Infantas girls are very young, and for the present time it complicates very much the trips of their parents inside Spain. When the Princes were alone they were travelling without problems aside or to other one, but now they must travel with two girls, and it supposes a problem. In case of Baqueira or the Princess gives up skiing and remains with the girls while the Prince skis, or they have to travel with the babysitter and a great group of bodyguard. Really if only they can go two days it is something that they does not compensate, unless the Prince has many desires of skiing. In a few years, when the girls grow and are a bit more independent they will travel with more frequency.

I can´t understand this complaining about Letizia not doing solo acts. She had at least six solo acts during September-December last year. She has had a solo act already this year and is having more solo acts next week.
I enjoy very much seeing Felipe and Letizia doing their work together.
Ditto.

Moreover I would rather see Letizia carrying out a large number of duties than simply appearing every now and again for an official act as some Royals do!

This thread is now closed. The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom