Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 41: November - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princes of Asturias

The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:

• Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have fun!

great! she looks lovely. the coat is beautiful! not too fond of the dress, just as i wasn't during the prizes.

She is extremlily beautiful, I love how she looks tonight.

Thanks for all the pics! How much dinners of this category are possible to support in a year? I'm allways asking me this question because I'm sure it's not so funny, isen't it?

Letizia looked so beautiful! Do we know the designer of her outfit?

is Varela, that's the same outfit of the PoA awards delivery act ;)

I love her black dress from the Journalism awards and her outfit from this act however I like it better with the coat. IMO the coat is super chic! Her picture without the coat on, she has no shape :ermm:.

Terra
Lots of IPA photos from yesterday:
Infanta Board

Thanks for the pictures. Another elegant dinner occasion!

For me the dress itself looks pretty but I don't like it with the coat. The coat's fabric is a bit heavy for the dress and I find that the coat looks too big on her / overpowers the dress. Lovely hairstyle!

Letizia looked lovely, like how her hair & the dress. Felipe looked really good especially while having a good talk/laugh with the people on his table

Speech of His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias to receive the Medal of Honor and deliver Awards for Internationalization of the Chamber of Commerce of La Rioja

Logrono, November 23, 2007

Princess joins me thank wholeheartedly for your kind welcome.

This Act allows us to go back to the beautiful land of La Rioja, to meet you, to know even better your projects and concerns, but mostly to support you in your efforts to transform the challenges of the new world in real opportunities to increase the presence of Spain in the globalized environment of the global market.

Go hence our gratitude to the Chamber of Commerce of La Rioja, for the invitation to preside over the handing over of the Awards for Internationalization, and in particular I convey my gratitude for distinguirme with your Medal of Honor.

Indeed, involves a great honor for me, whenever represents illusions professionals and affection of so many entrepreneurs of this land and those accompanying us in this Act.

Thanks heart for this medal, which underscores once again the generous spirit of La Rioja and Riojan.

Lo siguiente que quiero expresar esta noche es, por supuesto, nuestra más sincera y cordial felicitación a todos los empresarios de La Rioja, en esta celebración tan bien por las tres empresas que han merecido los premios a la Internacionalización de este año en su Décimo Octava edition. Many congratulations to Produmix SA Tecni-shoe SA and vineyards Adeanueva. It has been a pleasure to deliver the Award.

The great work done by the three firms rewarded for their managers and his entire staff, exemplifies many of the virtues and values that, over time, have accrued to the men and women of this land.

Indeed, the hard work shown here for centuries has greatly boosted your beautiful natural space, wide and fertile crossroads, shaped by the Ebro and the seven valleys of the Iberian.

An industry who have managed to turn in the channel talent, well demonstrated by the stones venerable San Millan de la Cogolla, many times I have been fortunate enough to visit. Those walls, a World Heritage Site, were privileged cradle of our universal language, which extends learning quickly throughout the world, bringing with them messages and values, rich and diverse, containing our cultural heart, and Latin American Spanish.

This openness to the global, lived in La Rioja since its inception, has been widened by the dual path, "French" and "internal" to the Road to Santiago fruitful intense relationship between Spain and other European countries.

Well aware of this relationship companies and entities included in the Official Association of Chambers of Commerce, the Roads Jacobeos, whose work contributes actively to boost the role that national and international routes to Santiago played in a wide range of commercial, tourist and culturally, in addition to the historic role Christian spiritual pilgrimage.

The outstanding legacy of enjoying La Rioja, power, certainly, the capabilities of human capital, which, as I have stressed many times, form the main body of our nation, especially in the modern knowledge economy.

To expand these capabilities was born the University of La Rioja in 1992, seeking better prepare their students as well as the necessary familiarity with the business world's Research, Development and innovation of our businesses and generally not Spanish society we can dispense, let alone be able to live up requiring international markets and that we deserve.

On the economic front, starting with an excellent agricultural production and food processing, whose quality has improved steadily, as evidenced, among other accomplishments its manufacturing and worldwide fame of your wines, Rioja has also developed industries and services in other sectors, also able to compete successfully, far beyond our borders.

Thus, venís getting increasingly positive results in your business, along with a permanent increase in exports over nine consecutive years.

I know that do not conform with these results. Aspiráis to situaros at the forefront of research and development, innovation and competitiveness, to facilitate your presence in new markets and enhance the prosperity of La Rioja, without losing the value of such a balanced combination of tradition and modernity, which you well assimilated.

On the backdrop of globalization, are you aware that in the current economic world export is no longer just a bet by improving businesses, to become a necessity, an obligation.

With your courage Riojan, entrepreneurs are assuming the laborious effort, "mester heavy," as he wrote Gonzalo de Berceo, placing products, goods and services in Spanish sometimes very distant locations, supported in your culture exporter, who knows answer competition in the international market, while also striving to ensure growth and jobs at home, our land.

To meet the challenges of the global arena, are equipped with various media, including the Internationalization Plan, signed by the Spanish Institute of Foreign Trade, the Economic Development Agency of the government of La Rioja and the Chamber of Commerce.

In addition, preparations of constant effort with the Official Chambers of Commerce promote the presence of our companies abroad. A contribution always recognize and encourage. Suffice it to recall that the resources that the network of eighty-eight houses established in Spain and thirty-seven located overseas Aimed at promoting the internationalization of Spanish firms, are in second place, after contributing the government.

In short, with these words I wanted to underline the scope of these Awards for Internationalization, which, in addition to distinguish the work of exporting companies have received awards, make them relating to our business fabric. Thus, Winners added to their good work extra significance, and to be presented to society as a spur and model.

I reiterate our congratulations full of affection to the three distinguished signatures this year, with the certainty that the merits and the quality that we recognize them today, will continue to enhance its professionalism and its outreach.

A greeting that, coupled with my gratitude for this Medal of Honor, Princess and I extend to the Chamber of Commerce of La Rioja, for their work in counseling, arbitration and training, which promotes the presence of products, goods and services this ground in international markets.

In that quest aglutináis all Riojan, for the progress and welfare of La Rioja and the whole Spain, and in which I will have at your side with my support, now as Heir to the Crown, and forever.

Thank you.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

thanks for those pics!!

letizia looks fantastic and her look was simply perfect: her dress, her coat and her hair!! waouh she was really beautiful!!

I think Letizia is becoming too thin. You already can see it in her face. It looks like she has under 50 kg and that is not healthy.

I think Letizia looked very lovely last night and she seems to have gained a few kilos after September.

She looks dazzling last night!!!!!! her dress, coat with the hair...simply fantastic!!!

I think that the "thin" issue has been discussed so many times before...I think that the Princess is naturally thin this way, and she looks healthy and happy with the Prince...that's all that matters!

She looks dazzling last night!!!!!! her dress, coat with the hair...simply fantastic!!!

I think that the "thin" issue has been discussed so many times before...I think that the Princess is naturally thin this way, and she looks healthy and happy with the Prince...that's all that matters!

It's an eternal topic whithout it it looks that it can't have discussion about the Princess of Asturias 's physic! Generally speaking I have no idea about this, more i'm totally unable to say if someone is too or thin or fat except when we can think it's an illness because a lot of consideration can be considered.

It's true the Princess is thin but a she had said herself :" No estoy delgada pero soy delgada !":angel:

I think Letizia is becoming too thin. You already can see it in her face. It looks like she has under 50 kg and that is not healthy.

I am thin and under 50 kg. My doctors have not told me my thinness is unhealthy and that I have to gain weght. Can you tell me where you got this information?

Thanks.

Letizia has always looked/been thin & dont forget she has a very busy schedule so it is only normal for her to shed a few pounds & judging someone's weight from pictures isnt fair. How about focusing on the event which Letizia & Felipe attended

If you are doing the average about this kind of events, it must be terrible to stay always smiling, awaiting and up to the situation with a constant concentration particularly when you are did more than twice o third in a week.

When we are speaking about the job of the princes of Asturias, the speeches they did, the visits and so on I forget very often that they have, for instance , in a dinner to speak with their interlocutor who is changing for each dinner. If you are looking at the so many fields in which the Princes have to discuss without ever to give their personnal feiling, if you are thinking that they have imperatively the obligation to be extremely prudent when they are speaking, this dinner - which for some people are only a good dinner in a great place - can be muy tired. Plus for a woman more than a man we don't forget that you are the center of the observation and that you might be radiant, glowing, smiling, hearring and so on. When you are going home you can be totally out!

I don't have experience of great dinners at this rythm, the few that I can to know keep me terrifyed by the stress of the obligations even if you can be accostumed by the years.

The Princes of Asturias inaugurated today the new Rector of the University of Cordoba

The Princes of Asturias, Felipe de Borbon and Letizia Ortiz will travel to Cordoba today to proceed to the official inauguration of the new Rector of the University of Cordoba (OCO), as confirmed by the royal institution.

The UCO reported in a press release that the visit will take place along the morning during which the princes held a meeting with the rector, the vice-rector of Science Policy and young researchers from the UCO belonging to different areas of knowledge. In addition, discover a commemorative plaque and knowledge of the new facilities.

Los Príncipes de Asturias inauguran hoy el nuevo Rectorado de la Universidad de Córdoba

The Cordovan receiving Princes to the doors of Senate
Don Felipe and Doña Letizia were acclaimed upon their arrival in Cordoba by some three hundred people
The Princes were greeted at the gates of the building by the rector of the UCO, Jose Manuel Roldan Nogueras, who shortly before the arrival of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia has explained to journalists that this visit represents the "final impetus" to the project the new Senate, which "will better serve the university."

He added that this building is very "important from the economic point of view" and noted that the restoration has been "very well thanks to the work of architects."

Received between cheers and applause

At the gates of the campus gathered some three hundred people, according to police sources, which vitorearon and applauded Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, which the Association of Young Investigators in Precarious Cordoba handed a bouquet of flowers.

Los cordobeses reciben a los PrÃ*ncipes a las puertas del Rectorado - Local - www.diariocordoba.com

Images

http://www.redcordoba.com/img/noticias/366548_2.jpg
http://www.redcordoba.com/img/noticias/366548_3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom