Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 40: October - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her outfit, specially the jacket but i don't like the stockings.

Their work is a bit of a stress work, but not a hard one, they shake hands, smile, do a speech and go back home, so it is easy to look good, elegant:flowers: and fresh!!!

Surely this can't be true. In any interaction they have, they need to generate confidence in the monarchy. It cannot be with a simple smile and shake of hands.
My guess is that for each meeting, they have to be aware of the local context, they have to show grasp of the issues involved, exhibit their intelligence as well as warmth etc...essentially prove their competence and generate confidence one meeting at a time.

If we think this is easy, we are kidding ourselves. Infact, we do this in our own jobs when we network to get funding, an approval, a sale etc.

Difference is our jobs tend to be vertical (our knowledge and responsibilities are one inch wide, 10 feet deep). Theirs is horizontal (they need big picture which is 100s feet wide, one foot deep).

Princess Letizia´s jacket was very beautiful, as we can see from this photo:
Letizia/20minutos
I didn´t like the skirt as much as the jacket.

nice new jacket, but the skirt is really not my cup of tea... the fabric looks really low quality at least and the colour does nothing for her. it's the kind of think i would use to go to the beach or aboard the somni during their summer holidays in palma.

They have a monster schedule indeed and deserve a break. Their events sound interesting though. I thought Letizia looked good today I actually like her hair pinned up. The jacket is fab so her top part looks good. It's all ruined by this ??? I guess it's supposed to be a skirt? People wear something like that when they leave the sauna and it's called a bath towel. The material looks very cheap; the colour is a terrible combination with the black stockings. Sadly the bottom part is a severe case of Dressed in the Dark.
I totally agree with you!:flowers::flowers:
The jacket is really elegant, but the skirt and the stockings..........

Last edited:
Actually if the colors had been reversed for the jacket and the skirt. It would have worked better with her stockings.

But each piece is so lovely.

Dark Stockings

I do not know about Europe, but dark stockings are in fashion this season in the US.

The outfit is nice as individual pieces...but somehow the colour scheme together...well it doesn't do for me! But she still look beautiful and the CP still as handsome.

I think, more than other CPs of the other royal houses, Felipe & Letizia have more to prove given the political situation of Spain and I think they work very hard and everything they do - their decision, their thoughts are for the country first. And they carry each duty with such dedication is to be admired. I read somewhere that before each engagement, Letizia puts alot of research to finding out the background etc so that she well prepared - so the same must go for Felipe. I don't think what they do is easy and they carry out each task with effortless easy and elegance! Good for them! They're a great asset to Spain!

I do not know about Europe, but dark stockings are in fashion this season in the US.

Chuchu in Spais dark stockings are in fashion too but it seems that in the rest of europe it isn´t:rolleyes:

Chuchu in Spais dark stockings are in fashion too but it seems that in the rest of europe it isn´t:rolleyes:

Camarina, I think they are in fashion all over Europe, I like them a lot but in my opinion they don't look nice and elegant with any dress and any pair of shoes.

Last edited:
Los Príncipes de Asturias clausurarán en Valladolid los actos del 25 aniversario de Cecale. nortecastilla.es

The Princes of Asturias will close in Valladolid the acts of 25 Cecale's anniversary

The Federation of Managerial Organizations of Castilla and León (Cecale) will celebrate next Monday the central act on the occasion of 25 anniversary of the creation with the presence of the Princes of Asturias. It will be the Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Prado where there will take place the event in which there will give themselves appointment half a thousand of representatives of managerial and political world, as made clear yesterday the president of the above mentioned organization, Jesus Maria Terciado Valls.

I like the blazer but paired with a different color of skirt? :bang: Fashion disaster! She should keep the color of her skirt close to her blazer and I think it will look good. Letizia has this line-up of outfits in which she looks good and after that its boring.

ABC.es: castilla-leon - castilla-leon - Cecale celebra sus 25 años con la visita de los Príncipes de Asturias y un homenaje a sus ex presidentes

Cecale celebrates 25 years with the visit of the Princes of Asturias and an honoring ex-presidents

The Federation of Managerial Organizations of Castile and León (Cecale) celebrates this year weddings of silver. With this motive, next Monday, the 5th of October, a commemorative act will take place in the Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Prado of Valladolid at which the Princes of Asturias will be present. In it will honoring to the different presidents of the managerial organization during these years.

Levante-EMV - Los Príncipes de Asturias inaugurarán la exposición de Sorolla en Valencia

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate Sorolla's exhibition in Valencia

The Princes of Asturias will visit next Wednesday the city of Valencia to inaugurate the new one sedate of the Chamber of Trade and Sorolla's exhibition in the Cultural Center Bancaja, and later to preside at the delivery of prizes and the dinner of the " Night of the Valencian economy ".

不吃水的鱼;687625 said:
I love her suit

Me too!:flowers: The Princess of Asturias is a great adept of interesting matching up of clothes. I like them most of the times, it's original whithout to be agressive. It's recalling me my youth, because I find that a lot of her outfits look like vintages of Yves Saint Laurent who was my prefered designer in the 80's years:flowers::angel:

Príncipes clausuran mañana en Valladolid 25 aniversario de la patronal de CyL

Princes close tomorrow in Valladolid 25 anniversary of the CyL's management

The Princes of Asturias will close tomorrow in Valladolid the commemorative act of 25 anniversary of the Federation of Managerial Organizations of Castilla and León (CECALE), the management of this Autonomous Community.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will be accompanied by the president of the Meeting of Castilla and León, Juan Vicente Herrera, between other authorities, forthwith that will take place in the morning in the former Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Prado, sedate of several Councils of the Government of the community.

Aren't they supposed to be going to China sometime soon?

Aren't they supposed to be going to China sometime soon?

Yes, it is foreseen that the Princes travel to China this month. For what I have seen, the economic forum to which they have foreseen to represent is inaugurated on the 15th, the 14th also there is inaugurated a fair of food to which also they had foreseen to visit. So the most probable thing is that they travel next week, I imagine that in these days there will be news.

Los príncipes de Asturias clausuran en Valladolid la celebración del 25 aniversario de la patronal regional. nortecastilla.es

The princes of Asturias close in Valladolid the celebration of 25 anniversary of the management regional

The Princes of Asturias will close today in Valladolid the act of celebration of 25 anniversary of the Federation of Managerial Organizations of Castilla and León (Cecale).

The appointment will begin from 11:00 in the Monastery of Nuestra Señora del Prado, as reported sources of the managerial organization.

The meeting will rely on in addition the presence of the maximum representatives of the managerial and political world.

Photo
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54a1f89g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54c2771g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54c20ccg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54e383dg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54daf0dg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54daf0dg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d54c714eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071105/72174d55715cbg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks lula, do you know how many people took part in today event?
presence of the maximum representatives of the managerial and political world
Guessing quite a few.
Thanks for the pictures, Letizia looks nice in that suit, looks new but the couple still look like they could go with a few days off

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe de Borobon and his wife Princess Letizia Ortiz chat during the official opening of 25th Commemoration of Castilla y Leon Confederation Businessmen.

ANP Beeldbank

Lovely that brown winter suit, but I think she should be wearing a shirt inside the jacket!

Letizia looks nice, I like the colour of the suit, the brown stockings and the shoes, though IN MY OPINION the jacket is too large and I don't like the high waist. Strange style!
Felipe looks nice, though I don't like his tie.

but I think she should be wearing a shirt inside the jacket!
I agree with you!

It would maybe look nice if the costume was fitted; it looks at least three sizes too big and therefore reminds me of a potatoe sack, or if the stockings were a bit lighter. The styling is uninspired and oldfashioned, could easily be pulled off by a 70 year old woman. Can I guess? I'd be surprised if it's not Varela. Either it's actually a too difficult task for him to provide his top costumer with the correct size or Letizia was so annoyed by the comments of her being too skinny that she started ordering her clothes some sizes too big or in pregnancy style :argh::wacko:

what an adorable suit!

but I think she should be wearing a shirt inside the jacket!

i think she is wearing a shirt or some sort of top... it would be strange if she wore it with nothing underneath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom