Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 39: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marezdote

Royal Highness
City
Baltimore
Country
United States
Here is the new thread for current events about the Prince and Princess of Asturias. The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have fun!

felipe's tie

It seems that prince felipe loves the tie that he wore at the inauguration of the hospital..... it is as least 10 years old!! and he wore it soooo many times!!!!....
I just love the prince's simplicity....:)

From' Duke

TV anchors are looked after every second and wear a different make up, much too strong for every day life, but in theory this experience should have made it easier for her to style herself these days. I find Letizia's make up appropriate most of the times, however, her hair is in a very bad shape.

I agree that 'pancake' makeup is not necessary for every day life. Her old colleagues mentioned that she could do her makeup and hair very well, but believe me, sitting there to have your hair stylist do your hair and styling the hair yourself are two different stories, the later requires too much effort :lol:.

From' Duke

TV anchors are looked after every second and wear a different make up, much too strong for every day life, but in theory this experience should have made it easier for her to style herself these days. I find Letizia's make up appropriate most of the times, however, her hair is in a very bad shape.

I agree that 'pancake' makeup is not necessary for every day life. Her old colleagues mentioned that she could do her makeup and hair very well, but believe me, sitting there to have your hair stylist do your hair and styling the hair yourself are two different stories, the later requires too much effort :lol:.

I am with you donnaK, but as it was possible in the past (first 2 years of her marriage - besides, she had wonderful hair to work with), why is is not possible now? Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.

donnaK, thank you so much for great photos! As for Letizia´s clothes, I liked very much of her suit in Prado, especially the jacket. Also the dress yesterday is nice, I liked the pattern and colours, maybe the model could have been slightly different.
About Letizia´s hair, I like it also this way. Although I hope she will let it grow a little. And there are "hair problems" in other Royal Houses, too. I read from somewhere that crown princess Victoria of Sweden doesn´t have a hairdresser with her when she travels, even abroad. Often she does her hair herself, and sometimes even Tarras-Wahlberg helps her. Only when Victoria is in official state visits with the King and Queen of Sweden, they have a hairdresser with them.

Her prado outfit looks nice but is was a little to grey to me . Her outfit at the hospital looks ok . She looks rather sad in the last 3 events. Maybe she is sick or tired but i hope she will smile again soon.

thanks for tha pics of yesterday's event at palma de mallorca!!!!
letizia looks great!!!her dress is really elegant!!! she seemed happier yesterday than during the last events during the week!!!

Thanks for the pics!:flowers:
I like the last two outfits of Letizia, the suit at the Prado and the dress black and white. I also like her shoes this time. She is elegant though, in my opinion, the suit makes her look more like a business woman then a royal princess.
I don't think she looks sad and bored, and she smiles. Not all the time, of course.

i think that felipe varela is doing some similar suits for her.

Schedule for next week:

On the 2nd of october: Barcelona
Inauguración de la Feria Internacional del Libro "Liber"

on the 3rd of october: inauguration of an international congress in Madrid

Prince Felipe will have on his side two more events during the week

Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.

I think her hair looks great; I like it better this way than any other style that she has had. She looks younger and the style showcases the health and gloss of her hair (although I try to remind myself it's just dead protein afterall).

I think it is more difficult to pull off a simple style and look polished than a more elaborate one. Every hair has to be in place, or you look sloppy.

Diario de Mallorca - Don Felipe y doña Letizia saludaron a los pacientes

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia arrived at the center at noon and made a route by their interior during which, according to Efe agency, they greeted numerous entered patients. Later, they went to a carp in which they waited for the guests and the rest of mass media, which they were not authorized to follow the stroll of the Princes.

So hot :in_love: It could easily be a pic from a parfume advertising. :)

The spanish James Bond, married and father of two girls. :)

Yes, he does have a James Bond thing going on, but actually he is looking older to me lately, and the lines in his forehead in this picture are surprisingly deep.

I am with you donnaK, but as it was possible in the past (first 2 years of her marriage - besides, she had wonderful hair to work with), why is is not possible now? Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.

Perhaps some royal houses don't think it's necessary to have the hair styled by a professional before each event, some other royals such as Victoria, MM and Maxima also have the same issues, I doubt it's all because of tight budget. Maybe the RFs thought they sent those royals to work, not for photo sessions. I think in real life or even on TV when you see them moving, talking, the unstyled hair probably doesn't look as bad as in pictures, that tend to exaggerate a bit.

Letizia's hair is not "un-styled". It is perhaps a matter of not everyone liking it. I find her new hairstyle very flattering and "styled". Very elegant - not many women have the features and hair quality to wear it.

Letizia's hair is not "un-styled". It is perhaps a matter of not everyone liking it. I find her new hairstyle very flattering and "styled". Very elegant - not many women have the features and hair quality to wear it.

I agree. She has beautiful hair so she can get away with no hairdresser or hair stylist.

NoticiaDetalle

Princes of Asturias will inaugurate in Barcelona fair of book where Peru is invited of honor

The princes of Asturias and Girona, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz, will inaugurate on October 2 25 International Fair of the Book, event in which Peru is the guest of honor.

The ceremony of inauguration of this fair that will develop from October 3 to October 5 will be carried out at 19:00 local time, in the audience of the Palace of Congress of Montjuic de la Fira of Barcelona, and will rely on the presence of principal Catalan authorities.

Indeed the colors are lovely.... for Halloween.
:bats:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom