The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 39: September - October 2007

Here is the new thread for current events about the Prince and Princess of Asturias. The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have fun!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Video of yesterday

hola.com - Vídeos del día go to Realeza

Gallery of images of today

Fotobanka isifa image service

Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Nobility

More photos from IPA
IPApress (Prado Museum)
IPApress (Palma de Mallorca)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM

felipe's tie

It seems that prince felipe loves the tie that he wore at the inauguration of the hospital..... it is as least 10 years old!! and he wore it soooo many times!!!!....
I just love the prince's simplicity....
Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

From' Duke

TV anchors are looked after every second and wear a different make up, much too strong for every day life, but in theory this experience should have made it easier for her to style herself these days. I find Letizia's make up appropriate most of the times, however, her hair is in a very bad shape.

I agree that 'pancake' makeup is not necessary for every day life. Her old colleagues mentioned that she could do her makeup and hair very well, but believe me, sitting there to have your hair stylist do your hair and styling the hair yourself are two different stories, the later requires too much effort .
Old 09-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
From' Duke

TV anchors are looked after every second and wear a different make up, much too strong for every day life, but in theory this experience should have made it easier for her to style herself these days. I find Letizia's make up appropriate most of the times, however, her hair is in a very bad shape.

I agree that 'pancake' makeup is not necessary for every day life. Her old colleagues mentioned that she could do her makeup and hair very well, but believe me, sitting there to have your hair stylist do your hair and styling the hair yourself are two different stories, the later requires too much effort .
I am with you donnaK, but as it was possible in the past (first 2 years of her marriage - besides, she had wonderful hair to work with), why is is not possible now? Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

donnaK, thank you so much for great photos! As for Letizia´s clothes, I liked very much of her suit in Prado, especially the jacket. Also the dress yesterday is nice, I liked the pattern and colours, maybe the model could have been slightly different.
About Letizia´s hair, I like it also this way. Although I hope she will let it grow a little. And there are "hair problems" in other Royal Houses, too. I read from somewhere that crown princess Victoria of Sweden doesn´t have a hairdresser with her when she travels, even abroad. Often she does her hair herself, and sometimes even Tarras-Wahlberg helps her. Only when Victoria is in official state visits with the King and Queen of Sweden, they have a hairdresser with them.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Nobility

Her prado outfit looks nice but is was a little to grey to me . Her outfit at the hospital looks ok . She looks rather sad in the last 3 events. Maybe she is sick or tired but i hope she will smile again soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for tha pics of yesterday's event at palma de mallorca!!!!
letizia looks great!!!her dress is really elegant!!! she seemed happier yesterday than during the last events during the week!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-29-2007, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics!
I like the last two outfits of Letizia, the suit at the Prado and the dress black and white. I also like her shoes this time. She is elegant though, in my opinion, the suit makes her look more like a business woman then a royal princess.
I don't think she looks sad and bored, and she smiles. Not all the time, of course.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

i think that felipe varela is doing some similar suits for her.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Schedule for next week:

On the 2nd of october: Barcelona
Inauguración de la Feria Internacional del Libro "Liber"

on the 3rd of october: inauguration of an international congress in Madrid

Prince Felipe will have on his side two more events during the week

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.
I think her hair looks great; I like it better this way than any other style that she has had. She looks younger and the style showcases the health and gloss of her hair (although I try to remind myself it's just dead protein afterall).

I think it is more difficult to pull off a simple style and look polished than a more elaborate one. Every hair has to be in place, or you look sloppy.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

In my opinion the best pics of Letizia and Felipe in Palma are here:
spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl
Old 09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Diario de Mallorca - Don Felipe y doña Letizia saludaron a los pacientes

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia arrived at the center at noon and made a route by their interior during which, according to Efe agency, they greeted numerous entered patients. Later, they went to a carp in which they waited for the guests and the rest of mass media, which they were not authorized to follow the stroll of the Princes.

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

So hot It could easily be a pic from a parfume advertising.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Commoner

Talking So Hot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
So hot It could easily be a pic from a parfume advertising.

Reminds me of James Bond!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

The spanish James Bond, married and father of two girls.