The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Nobility

Yes, he does have a James Bond thing going on, but actually he is looking older to me lately, and the lines in his forehead in this picture are surprisingly deep.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I am with you donnaK, but as it was possible in the past (first 2 years of her marriage - besides, she had wonderful hair to work with), why is is not possible now? Hairstyle is an effort that I expect from a princess, regardless of schedule, kids etc because it's her job to look good, she's not Senora X but the wife of the future King of Spain and should be a role model that spanish women can look up to in both appearance and professional work. Letizia must have the usual help as other CPs - nannies, housekeeper, office etc so in theory the budget must allow a person who comes over in the morning and does her hair before events, doesn't sound too difficult to me. Letizia is not the only royal woman under time pressure I believe - it's just a question of organisation.
Perhaps some royal houses don't think it's necessary to have the hair styled by a professional before each event, some other royals such as Victoria, MM and Maxima also have the same issues, I doubt it's all because of tight budget. Maybe the RFs thought they sent those royals to work, not for photo sessions. I think in real life or even on TV when you see them moving, talking, the unstyled hair probably doesn't look as bad as in pictures, that tend to exaggerate a bit.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia's hair is not "un-styled". It is perhaps a matter of not everyone liking it. I find her new hairstyle very flattering and "styled". Very elegant - not many women have the features and hair quality to wear it.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia's hair is not "un-styled". It is perhaps a matter of not everyone liking it. I find her new hairstyle very flattering and "styled". Very elegant - not many women have the features and hair quality to wear it.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I agree. She has beautiful hair so she can get away with no hairdresser or hair stylist.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

NoticiaDetalle

Princes of Asturias will inaugurate in Barcelona fair of book where Peru is invited of honor

The princes of Asturias and Girona, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz, will inaugurate on October 2 25 International Fair of the Book, event in which Peru is the guest of honor.

The ceremony of inauguration of this fair that will develop from October 3 to October 5 will be carried out at 19:00 local time, in the audience of the Palace of Congress of Montjuic de la Fira of Barcelona, and will rely on the presence of principal Catalan authorities.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Inauguration of the International Fair of the Book "Liber"
Fira of Barcelona. Barcelona

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...26fb870f5g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...26fb8a233g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...26fb78eafg.jpg
Old 10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Nobility

More:

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...26fb9d891g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...26fb96734g.jpg
Old 10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I like Letizia´s outfit very much, the colours are lovely.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Indeed the colors are lovely.... for Halloween.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures! I like Letizia's oufit!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

I only like the brown dress. Thanks for pictures.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princes of Asturias inaugurate LIBER

IPApress
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El Semanal Digital=

The security of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia has reinforced the close pursuit to which journalists and not so journalists come putting under the Real House from a time this part has put under a special stress as much to the people in charge of their protocol like a those of their personal security.

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El 'president' Montilla expresa a los Príncipes el respeto y el cariño que les profesa Catalunya | El Periódico de Catalunya | Política

'president' Express Montilla to the Princes the respect and the affection that to them Catalunya professes The president of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Jose Montilla, has thanked for the this late presence of the princes in Barcelona like an act of institutional "normalidad in Barcelona and Catalunya where it is respected to you and is wanted to you

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I have to agree with some of the other posters: I don't really like Letizia's hairstyle now. She has such sharp, angular features (that's meant in a good way), so I really like it when her hair is a little softer and wavier, which seems to balance her out. I'm thinking particularly of some of the semi-gala celebrations just before they announced she was expecting Sofia. The sharpness of this haircut just doesn't flatter her.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Letizia's hair has grown now, so the sharpness does not go well with the length imo. Maybe if she has it in a ponytail from time to time or in a bun would look nice. I love todays outfit, especially the cardigan. Color gives Letizia a fresh glow. Felipe & Letizia seem to have had a good time at the fair since they both lookd intrested. Im wondering if they picked up anything for the girls.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some colors are good. It looks like she gained 1 kilo over the weekend .

ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070003sc2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070008ko7.jpg (a beautiful picture)
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070007wu6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070010vo0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070012us0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200710020070013li7.jpg

You can increase from '003' http://www.ipapress.com/imgBanco/IPA...2-0070-003.jpg for more pictures.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think her hair looked much better in Barcelona than the previous week. Her hair looked fuller and shiny, most importantly the bangs were longer.
She is slender enough to pull off the dress.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

La Razón | Digital : Economía

The Princes will inaugurate in Madrid the world meeting of the Notariado

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday at the inauguration of 25º International Congress of the Notariado. The act will take place in the Audience of the Municipal Palace of Congresses of Madrid and will rely on the assistance, between others, of Mariano Fernandez Bermejo, the minister of Justice; Giancarlo Laurini, president of the International Union of the Notariado (UINL); and Jose Marqueño, president of the General Council of the Notariado.