Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 38: September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More photos from yesterday evening in Bilbao
MediumPhoto
I like the way the Princes are doing their job, they concentrate fully on every activity.

Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia chair the ceremony of a posthumous tribute to the President of the Prado Museum's Royal Patronage, Rodrigo Uria

ANP Beeldbank

Forgive me, but why are they in mourning?

Leti's grey outfit looks like Emporio Armani. It would've looked better with a light colored shirt underneath.

What has happened with Letizia lately? Her choice of clothes and colors (those white pants with white shoes need to go PRONTO) are horrible! Her hair looks plain and her clothes do not even match. I want the old Letizia back!

Is it a skirt or a pants? Except the colour the outfit looks rather good and her outfit in bilbao looks simple and nice. The only reproach for letizia lately is the colour of her outfit definetely. She looks much better with that outfit then in her maternity dresses she wore at the beggining of the year. I am glad to see her again a lot with other outfits than her maternity dresses who look terrible to me.

I have always admired Felipe and Letizia. For me, they are the couple with the most photos of adoring/loving looks to each other and photos of them holding hands. However, in my observation only, in the latest 3 acts- Guadalajara, bilbao and Prado museum- I haven't seen them holding hands nor give the loving looks or whispering to each other, except maybe for these three below and the many happy photos of them greeting the crowd.
http://i22.tinypic.com/nzn1iq.gif
http://www.lacronica.net/galeria/galeria_principes/images/P1030082.jpg
http://lacronica.net/adjuntos/fichero_2271_20070924.jpg
Their body language in Guadalajara seems a bit odd:
http://i21.tinypic.com/4hxx1g
http://i20.tinypic.com/149scx0.jpg (should have assisted his wife)
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070924/721709e8209e1g.jpg
I haven't seen more photos of the latest one in El Prado museum, so far it's only these:
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070927/72170b0bb010fg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070927/72170b0bb7d51g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070927/72170b0bcd411g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070927/72170b0bd4f25g.jpg

Maybe Letizia is just tired (having had official duties almost everyday and this week travelling out of Madrid) or just don't like to be away from their beautiful daughters. And then thinking that they have to fly to Palma de Mallorca today for yet another duty there.

Looking at Letizia not at her, shall I say, prettiest moments (because I have seen her looking very beautiful before) and back at her thin build again (breastfeeding has transferred all her pregnancy fats to little Sofia :lol: j/k), which were also her appearance a few weeks before announcing her pregnancies before, now, could she be sufferring some morning sickness again? Is the Princess of Asturias be pregnant again?

I could be wrong though, these are just my own observations and my humble opinion only :flowers:

Last edited:
I´ve seen many lovely photos of the recent activities in different message boards, I just can´t find them now. Here´s a couple, where the body language is just fine.
MediumPhoto
BrunoPress
PictureDesk
Because the princess has had both of her daughters with a caesarean section, I think they will wait for a while when they will have their third child. So I don´t think she´s pregnant again.

Last edited:
Of course not. Too fast for a new children. And they must have some time for themselves and to educate the two Infantas correctly.

Vanesa.

I do not find anything different, there are different acts, before which it is normal to support different attitudes. The trips to the Basque Country always have certain degree of tension and inconvenience, and it is not possible to say that this this one being the best week of the Royal Family.

The visits to the Basque Country have always been the most difficult trips for the members of SRF. In the Basque Country, from top to bottom, there are many people who are anti-monarchy, want the Basque to be an independent country. Luckily for Felipe and Letizia, only very small protest this time. They both looked very relaxed and confident in front of the Basque nationalist party leaders.
I don't think Letizia is pregnant. It's better for her own health to wait a little while (at least a year) to conceive another child since she already had two C-sections the last two years.

Hola has an article on Letizia impressing the hosts on her eloquence on almost every subject. It's hardly a surprise considering her news anchor background.

DON FELIPE Y DOÑA LETIZIA: UNOS PRÍNCIPES QUE SORPRENDEN

thanks for the last pics!!

Letizia's suit is good but a bit sad!! what happened to the beautiful colors she wore in the past events???lol

Maybe Letizia is just tired (having had official duties almost everyday and this week travelling out of Madrid) or just don't like to be away from their beautiful daughters. And then thinking that they have to fly to Palma de Mallorca today for yet another duty there.

Looking at Letizia not at her, shall I say, prettiest moments (because I have seen her looking very beautiful before) and back at her thin build again (breastfeeding has transferred all her pregnancy fats to little Sofia :lol: j/k), which were also her appearance a few weeks before announcing her pregnancies before, now, could she be sufferring some morning sickness again? Is the Princess of Asturias be pregnant again?

I don't think she's pregnant again. She looks stressed out, gauntly, hair unstyled, doesn't make any effort regarding her clothes. I understand they have a busy schedule and two small daughters but it's still no reason to look so exhausted. There are examples of royal womean with a much more demanding work schedule as Letizia, more small kids, difficult political situation who still look great and are on top of their looks. This whole situation and the permanent critizism do take their toll on her, it's probably not what she expected when she married Felipe, who, by the way, always looks great and relaxed despite all that's going on, but to be fair he was born into this role and accepted the circumstances many years ago.

I don't think she's pregnant again. She looks stressed out, gauntly, hair unstyled, doesn't make any effort regarding her clothes. I understand they have a busy schedule and two small daughters but it's still no reason to look so exhausted. There are examples of royal womean with a much more demanding work schedule as Letizia, more small kids, difficult political situation who still look great and are on top of their looks. This whole situation and the permanent critizism do take their toll on her, it's probably not what she expected when she married Felipe, who, by the way, always looks great and relaxed despite all that's going on, but to be fair he was born into this role and accepted the circumstances many years ago.
I agree with you Duke regarding Felipe who admirably always looks great despite of his much busier schedule, in fact, just lately in the Basque country act, there is no sign of tiredness or sleepiness on him considering that he had just had a duty a few hours earlier at 2:30 A.M. :ohmy:

"There are examples of royal womean with a much more demanding work schedule as Letizia, more small kids, difficult political situation who still look great and are on top of their looks. "

Could you name three royal women (Crowns Princesses) at present who, in your opinion, have a much more demanding work schedule than Letizia, more small kids & difficult political situation and yet still manage to look more fabulous on every occasion? I personally don't think it's fair to criticise Letizia for not looking her best when she's got one of the busiest, if not the busiest, schedules amongst the current crop of CPs! It is so much easier to "look great" when you've only got 1 or 2 engagements as opposed to 5 or 6 engagements per week?! I don't understand why so much emphasis has been put on her appearance - she's usually very elegantly dressed but she's had her "off days" just like every other CPs IMO ... I really think we should cut her some slack considering how busy she is most of the time!

"There are examples of royal womean with a much more demanding work schedule as Letizia, more small kids, difficult political situation who still look great and are on top of their looks. "

Could you name three royal women (Crowns Princesses) at present who, in your opinion, have a much more demanding work schedule than Letizia, more small kids & difficult political situation and yet still manage to look more fabulous on every occasion? I personally don't think it's fair to criticise Letizia for not looking her best when she's got one of the busiest, if not the busiest, schedules amongst the current crop of CPs! It is so much easier to "look great" when you've only got 1 or 2 engagements as opposed to 5 or 6 engagements per week?! I don't understand why so much emphasis has been put on her appearance - she's usually very elegantly dressed but she's had her "off days" just like every other CPs IMO ... I really think we should cut her some slack considering how busy she is most of the time!

I said royal women in general, the best example is even a Queen, Rania, who has a much more busy schedule with her own duties, four kids and is recognized for both her professional work and her looks. If you want me to name a CP it must be Maxima, whose schedule might not be as busy but she does a lot on her own, which is damanding in its own right. I don't say she is always on top of her looks but she always shines and shows her famous vibrancy, despite taking care of three daughters.

My problem with Letizia is - and I have stated that in earlier posts - that I cannot judge her much on her work as I don't see her do any visible work on her own, apart from three or four events since her marriage. She accompanies Felipe, ok, they work as a team but it's always him who does the visible work: speeches, prize deliveries etc, even in fields that would be perfect for Letizia to be occupied. So all I can do most times is judge her on her appearance which has gone downhill when looking back to the beginning. It's her job to look good - something she fulfilled excellently in the past but not anymore, even more important since her role offers no space to do much more.

each one reacts differently, some people tires more quickly, loses others more quickly are more resistant,
some people recover others quickly need more time... we can not compare the ones with the others.....I noticed than Princess Letizia changed much from one day to another, sme times sh'is very beautiful, the full face and seems to be in good health and sometimes the following day seems very thin, the drawn features and very tired
I read that Salma of Morocco required to rise late the morning and a nap obligatorily Maybe be Queen Rania has a health more resistant than the other women, and than Princess Letizia with tendency to be more fragile physically

Last edited:
I said royal women in general, the best example is even a Queen, Rania, who has a much more busy schedule with her own duties, four kids and is recognized for both her professional work and her looks. If you want me to name a CP it must be Maxima, whose schedule might not be as busy but she does a lot on her own, which is damanding in its own right. I don't say she is always on top of her looks but she always shines and shows her famous vibrancy, despite taking care of three daughters.

My problem with Letizia is - and I have stated that in earlier posts - that I cannot judge her much on her work as I don't see her do any visible work on her own, apart from three or four events since her marriage. She accompanies Felipe, ok, they work as a team but it's always him who does the visible work: speeches, prize deliveries etc, even in fields that would be perfect for Letizia to be occupied. So all I can do most times is judge her on her appearance which has gone downhill when looking back to the beginning. It's her job to look good - something she fulfilled excellently in the past but not anymore, even more important since her role offers no space to do much more.

I have to respectfully disagree...Queen Rania is a queen so I suspect she has a lot more help (nannies, personal secretary & assistance you name it) not to mention a much bigger budget for clothes, than Letizia so I don't think it's fair to compare Letizia to her

As for Maxima, I believe she's received her fair share of bad hair day comments in other threads so I don't think she fairs much better in some members' eyes in terms of appearance. As for her "famous vibrancy", I tend to think of it as being part of her personalities - it's part of who she is - no other CPs IMO has that quality so again I don't think it's fair to make comparison

Just because Letizia hasn't done much solo work until now doesn't make her job any easier IMO - the preparation work might be slightly less if she is not required to give a speech at the engagement but the level of participation required from both Felip and Letizia at the event ie. talking with dignitaries and other people in attentance is the same. Looking good may form part of a CPs' job (and I think Letizia looks great most of the time, not all the time but most of the time) but what she lacks in the "looking fabulous department" she more than makes up for it with her hard work. I know I would be proud to have her as my country's Crown Princess

We can supposed that after a day with three important events in the north of Spain - it means trip by flight/helicopter/car- two acts and a lunch, the Princess can't have a look of super fashion model. That's all whithout all the derive about "all" the others Crown Princess and Queen who are able and who do better than the Princess of Asturias every time and all days long.

We can take a good example as Maxima of Orange, do you think really that is always absolutly "sublime" for their official acts.

One more time, it's not the question to be fair or not fair, it the question to settle up well a problematic whithout to get open always your personal feiling, that is more and more less frequent for some who gerrymander systematically the Crown Prince/Crown Princess that they don't like. That's all:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because Letizia hasn't done much solo work until now doesn't make her job any easier IMO - the preparation work might be slightly less if she is not required to give a speech at the engagement but the level of participation required from both Felip and Letizia at the event ie. talking with dignitaries and other people in attentance is the same. Looking good may form part of a CPs' job (and I think Letizia looks great most of the time, not all the time but most of the time) but what she lacks in the "looking fabulous department" she more than makes up for it with her hard work. I know I would be proud to have her as my country's Crown Princess

Excellently written. As long as she looks presentable is what I say. All the CP's have their off days when it comes to their outfits but as long as they do their job and do it well, kudos for them. I am quite sure it isn't easy being the future Queen in a country where the monarchy is still young and the republican contingency is very vocal but Letizia seems to be handling it with poise and grace.

Thanks for pictures. Letizia looks good today. I like the dress.

Wow, new dress! Love it! Thanks for the pictures, fanletizia! :flowers:

Felipe's choice of shirt and tie, however, is just :eek:

Hola has a video of yesterday's act in Prado:

hola.com - Vídeos del día

Last edited:
Thanks beautiful Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom