Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 38: September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that Felipe wears such a bright coloured tie as today is a sad day for Spain. I am not spanish so not sure if spanish people take notice; I'd say the same about my state represantatives if my country was concerned (sadly it is from time to time). Most people seem to be dressed in somber tones, including Letizia.

I might not be on top of fashion trends but Letizia's blazer looks strange, the top like a sport jersey and rest like a pregnancy outfit and it's shorter than the jumper she wears underneath. The grey colour suits well but it's three different shades and materials. Maybe a 2 out of 10, not more. Looks a bit too casual or even sloppy.

Last edited:
I might not be on top of fashion trends but Letizia's blazer looks strange, the top like a sport jersey and rest like a pregnancy outfit and it's shorter than the jumper she wears underneath. The grey colour suits well but it's three different shades and materials. Maybe a 2 out of 10, not more. Looks a bit too casual or even sloppy.
I agree with you.
And the shoes are very ugly in my opinion.

The color of the tie is a detail without importance, in this case and in this act. Today it is not a day of national mourning, for what they do not have because to be dressed in mourning. Between the guests there are green, blue, red ties. The soldiers already died last Monday, and that day the Prince already gave the condolence and this dawn was in the airport, already he has done his part of the work.

Felipe's tie is nice, I have no problem with the color. Now Letizia on the other hand. Love the pants,shoes, top but not together. The pants and shoes would have looked better with a black top or even a color like a lime green, the top is too casual IMO for the pants, the top would have looked better with a plain pair of black pants or jeans.

Are there any reported anti-monarchy rallies since I believe they are at a Basque country?

I actually like the gray jacket, I believe it's a Varela again- typical of the zipper in front design. I like that she wears a wide leg pants (not the fitted one) and I also like that it is of shiny texture contrasting that of the jacket as I think it will be much more boring to wear all gray of the same material all over. But the gray shirt underneath downgrades the otherwise elegant jacket :ermm: I also am not sure what to change though, maybe tuck-in the shirt? Or better yet, I'll go for a black tank underneath instead of that casual gray one.

Are there any reported anti-monarchy rallies since I believe they are at a Basque country?

Certainly, there is unthinkable a visit of a member of the Royal Family to the Basque Country without protest of the radical ones.:rolleyes:

But I would not define it a protest anti- monarchy strictly, it is rather, and they same say it, it is a protest against a representatives of the Spanish State, they would receive equally any politician who was not sharing their ideas, they do manifestations and protests every week (when the judges allow it to them).
Hispanidad

Let's hope that inside their line they are calm and there are no problems.

Felipe's tie is nice, I have no problem with the color. Now Letizia on the other hand. Love the pants,shoes, top but not together. The pants and shoes would have looked better with a black top or even a color like a lime green, the top is too casual IMO for the pants, the top would have looked better with a plain pair of black pants or jeans.

I agree with you: Felipe looks nice.:flowers:
Letizia looks bright and happy but her outfit is such a strange mix.:ohmy:

Last edited:
It seems that she doesn't know how to combine her clothes in an elegant way. Too much grey this time, different textures, different tones...something I wouldn't wear all together.
The pants are nice and elegant. I don't like the jacket and the cheap-looking shirt she is wearing underneath. Too casual for the pants she is wearing.
It would've been better a brighter top or even a white one but more femenine than that plain shirt.

I like what Letizia wears today, the blazer that she wears ring a bell, I think that i see it in an announcement of Levi´s, but I am not sure.
I have notice that prince Felipe looks thiner and more handsome these days:wub:

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, they look happy and relaxed.

Letizia, resplandeciente en Guadalajara - 20minutos.es
(vídeo)

Letizia returned to choose the white color for its clothes like in the previous occasions since it was gotten up to the work after the birth of Infant Sofía. The princess ltenía white trousers with jacket of "pata of gallo", a model that also combined with purse and shoes of white color.

La anterior visita, en junio del 2005, sirvió para el primer discurso oficial de la Princesa. larioja.com
The previous visit of Princes de Asturias to Logroño took place in June of the 2005 and had a capital importance for Doña Letizia Ortiz since it contracted marriage with the heir: in that occasion, the 15 of June, pronounced their first speech like Princess of Spain. The occasion deserved it: of a whole town to the 25 years on watch of the Unit of Accio'n Rural (UAR), emblematic Civil Guard was the tribute, with seat in Logroño.

Letizia looks very lovely. The grey outfit is elegant yet trendy enough to be interesting. I love her new hairstyle. She has a very individual and flattering style.

La Monarquia
the prince of asturias received the coffins of both passed away and consoled the families
La Monarquia

the kingsare in the funeral by both passed away in Afghanistan

Letizia looks very lovely. The grey outfit is elegant yet trendy enough to be interesting. I love her new hairstyle. She has a very individual and flattering style.

As this thread is becoming in fashion review, I like very much your opinion because it's absolutly true that the outfit of the the princess today is very interesting. You are are right, very flattering on her, we can see that on the video of Terra, what original silhouet! All the grey " in camaieu" make a very trendy outfit. it's a new approach of her image, happily very far away of the archetype of a pseudo princely style. Very good point. The bue petrol scalf is matching up very well with all the grey. The shoes sofisticated, I like.:)

thanks for today's pics!! even she's nice I don't like what she wears!! her suit is strange! it doesn't suit her very well

http://www.cerestvnoticias.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=politica&fecha=20070926&hora=190357

The Princes of Asturias come to Deusto's University to deliver the diplomas of the Association against the Cancer

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, came at half after six in the afternoon to Deusto's University of Bilbao to preside at the act of delivery of the diplomas of the Spanish Association Against the Cancer.

Photos
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070926/72170aa9c2ebcg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070926/72170aa9c32a7g.jpg

The jacket would have been so much better with buttons, it would have looked like an Armani jacket. I like the pants, I think the wide-leg pants suits Letizia very well. I don't mind seeing a T-shirt slightly longer than the jacket, that is very fashionable right now, but the fabric of the T-shirt should be silk, similar to the pants.
Felipe looked great, neither sleepy nor tired, can't believe he had an engagement at 2:00am. Both looked relaxed and confident in front of Juan Jose Ibarretxe ;).
Maybe the Basque nationalists realized that pretects at a day of mourning doesn't look too good on themselves.

I don't know why is she wearing those kind of shoes all the time, she has it on every color of the rainbow; the outfit could of being a nice one but that little jacket is awful IMO, layers are in but not like that.

The pant with another jacket or blouse would of being much better and I wich her hair grows fast because is not looking good, she looked way better in the engagement days and the first year of marriage.

I liked her outfit, it was very stylish IMO. I just love Letizia's style and she looks great for someone who had a baby a couple of months ago.

Gosh the outfit was horrible, I'am sorry, too dark, it looks like she is pregnant again. The coat is nice but not with that sweater it looks to dark and doesn't macht at all. The troussers are nice and elegant but not with that swetter or coat. Too mucht grey on it!!!! Sorry but this time a big NO for Letizia's outfit!

Last edited:
Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the awards ceremony for the ''investigation against cancer 2007'' in Bilbao

PPE Agency

The Princes is very happy and close with the children.:wub::wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom