The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Gentry

Hi this is my first post in the forums so please be patient with me until I understand a bit better the dynamic of the forums.

I don't believe that Letizia could possibly fear that Leonor might steal some kind of limelight from her. She is the Princess of Asturias and the only reason for Leonor not to be seen so often is only because she is still a baby. What could a baby possibly be doing in an official act? I assume that once is old enough she will be taking duties but for the moment she is going to be doing what most babies do, sleep sleep and sleep, and grow, grow, and grow.

It is nice to meet you all

Old 09-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Gentry

I am charmed with letizia's suit and leonor adorably

Old 09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

The dress is amazing. It's clean, elegant, and perfect for the end of the summer. Letizia's hair is also perfect. I love it when she does curls! Does anybody know who designed this dress?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Letizia looks glowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Letizia's hair is also perfect. I love it when she does curls! Does anybody know who designed this dress?
You are right soCal girl! I personally think that Letizia looks much better with curly hair. It gives her more definition. When her hair is straight it often looks quite flat and dull
Old 09-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

olga7777,

I was kidding... like you I think Leonor is just a baby and has to have a calm, loving and safe upbringing.

Thank you lula for sharing the pictures and last news about the Princes.

They all look so nice, handsome and relaxed. I'm happy to see the Prince back to his friends' weddings, I've been seeing old magazines and it seems that before he had almost every week a wedding to attend, with Hola comments like "And Don Felipe was as usual surrounded by beautiful ladies" and he always behave not like the Prince but like a person from family. Nice!

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 09-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Nobility

How beautiful family... Letizia is so gorgeous, the dress, the hair, the earings everything is perfect
Old 09-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Commoner

Thanks for the pictures, lula.
It's nice to see the family of three out and about.
Love Letizia's dress and the curls.
Hope to see more pictures.
Enjoy the weekend, y'all.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

I can't wait for better pictures. Here's another one from Ultima Hora Digital -- unfortunately, it's a bit tiny and the quality is not very good

Anyway, it shows Letizia without her shawl. With what we've seen so far, I am liking this dress of hers
Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Letizia looks glowing!
The dress is new, I hope that we have more photos to see it better, and to see Leonor better.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secci...=1157273465887

The Princes are present at the wedding of a friend of the university in Eivissa

Don Felipe, together with dona Letizia and the infanta Leonor, there come to Bianca Labriola y Cristopher's link von Reiche, companion in Georgetown of the inheritor

The Prince Felipe, together with his wife dona Letizia and his daughter the infanta Leonor, travelled this Friday to Eivissa to be present, yesterday to the midday in Sant Rafel's parish, at the wedding of his friend Cristopher von Reiche and Bianca Labriola.

Don Felipe supports a narrow friendship with the boyfriend, who was one of his witnesses in his wedding with the princess Letizia, since they were known in the University of Georgetown between 1993 and 1995, when the inheritor to the throne was dealing a master in international relations.

The inheritor to the Spanish throne was dressing a black chaqué accompanied on a jacket color cremates and a tie of an alive blue as contrast. His wife, dona Letizia, on her part, was illuminating a dress without sleeves color salmon, with a shawl of the same tone and shoes to set.

Don Felipe was the manager of realizing the first reading of the ceremony, a passage of the Génesis, and also he acted as witness. During the ceremony it was placed close to his family in the fourth row of banks, just person behind the relatives of the boyfriend.

At the wedding slightly more than one hundred of guests were present and it was informed in English by the American Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, rector of Georgetown in the epoch in which the prince realized there his studies. The church where the ceremony was informed was adorned by floral centers distributed together with the altar formed by white roses and irises.

During the ceremony, a duo of British citizens bought property in Eivissa for years, they interpreted the songs O mio bambino caro (My dear child), of Puccini; Have I told you lately that I love you, of Van Morrison ; and Reach the impossible, of Will Young.

After the religious office, the guests took an appetizer on the verge of the church while the boyfriends were doing the photographies to themselves in the square of the temple and in the terrace of a nearby restaurant. On two o'clock at midday they were dividing, according to some sources, to a restaurant placed together with the highway of Holy Eulàlia.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Nobility

Letizia looks amazing! I love her dress. The simplicity of it really fits her. She & Felipe look so happy together, and Leonor just gets more adorable every time that I see her. What a great family they have.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Perfect dress, perfect hair and perfect baby (as for the "husband", far from perfect, I would prefer a pink tie in stead of a blue one )!

I was already wondering if we're going to get some news of them !

Looks like a nice, closest-friends and family wedding - I'm glad Leonor attended it (it's her first one, no?) !

Thanks for the pictures everyone (I hope we'll get to have plenty more of them!)
Old 09-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, what a great surprise! It's wonderful that Felipe is able to maintain the relationships with his former colleques, he graduated the university 11 years ago, it's a lot of time.

Letizia looks awesome, the dress is so simple and sophisticated alike, and the hairdo is terrific as well. I would like her to have her hair cut but if that length of it allows her to have such fantastic curls, for me she can have as long hair as she wants!

And here we have our cutie again!!! It's so nice that they took her with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunalu
I'm glad Leonor attended it (it's her first one, no?) !
Last year in the end of the summer they attended the wedding of friends (Leti was in violet outfit), but Leonor was still in her mummy's belly So, eventually, she was there!

From hola:http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgAc...6&currentImg=5
The Princes of Asturias attended yesterday in Ibiza, along with Infanta Leonor,o the wedding of the Germans Cristopher Von Reiche, friend of the Prince at their time of student in the University of Georgetown, and Bianca Labriola, celebrated in the parish of San Rafael of the capital native of ibiza. Don Felipe exerted in the same way of witness in the ceremony that Von Reiche did it in hers with Doña Letizia.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Please, can someone put Hola's photos? There are new some of them. This one is the article.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006...pes_bodaibiza/

The Princes of Asturias of wedding in Ibiza

In spite of that they are on the verge of finishing their summer vacations, the Princes of Asturias, accompanied of the infanta Leonor, moved from Majorca up to the island of Ibiza to be present at the link of Cristoph Von Reiche and Bianca Labriola. The boyfriend is a great friend of don Felipe from the epoch with which both coincided studying a Máster in International Relations in the University of Georgetown (Washington) in the middle of the nineties. Besides, the circumstance gives itself that Von Reiche was a witness in the link of the Inheritor to the throne and dona Letizia in the Cathedral of the Almudena. A reciprocal honor since the Prince was one of the witnesses in the link of his friend. Besides, don Felipe was the manager of the first reading of the homily, concretly he read a passage of the Génesis.

The ceremony was informed in English in San's Rafael parish that had been adorned for the occasion by centers of white roses and irises, as publishes the from Ibiza press and it ran at the expense of the American Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, rector of the American university in the epoch in which the boyfriend and the Prince were studying there. During the celebration were interpreted some songs between which it is necessary to stand out O mio Bambino de Puccini and Have I told you lately that I love you of Van Morrison.

Don Felipe was dressing the obliged chaqué in negro in a jacket in color cream and a blue tie. On her part, the Princess was praised by a dress in rose by neckline in beak, skirt below the knee by flight, shawl and shoes to game. The small Infanta was taking a dress without sleeve in target to game with the shoes.

Don Felipe and dona Letizia will return on Sunday to Majorca since on Monday they have a commitment inside their agenda it officiates to visit the facilities of the Association of Down's Syndrome.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Commoner

Letizia looks amazing
Old 09-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Please, can someone put Hola's photos? There are new some of them. This one is the article.
I belive it is only theese two that are new?
HOLA
Old 09-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I am completely in love for Letizia's look for this wedding! The dress, the make-up, the hair... Everything looks absolute perfect!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Perfect, just perfect.... this lady never puts a foot wrong when it comes to presentation. The hair is lovely, dress divine!

Did anyone pick up on the joy on their faces...i especially adore the look of love on the face of CP Felipe towards his wife in the last pic by Hola... So sweet...
Old 09-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Aristocracy

Yes is so sweet. He is very proud of his wife and daughter.

Letizia looks stunning, her dress and hairdo fits perfect.Leonor is adorable.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

What a lovely family, i love letizia's hair, she looks amazing. It's nice to see them mingling with friends and just enjoying it.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Did his friend marry a Spanish woman? Labriola sounds Spanish, no?