Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 37: September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, I agree with you, jacket+that outfit= fashion disaster:ermm:

Uuuppsss, missed some events ... this outfit is a joke, isn't it :rolleyes:

I thought that Letizia looked good at most events last week, especially at the ballet evening, although most of her outfits are being recycled, except the one at the military ceremony, I believe.

Recycling is nice as long as it's the classy outfits and Letizia abstaines from weird mixed combinations but I wonder why she now starts recycling to that extent. Did the new auditor cut the budget to zero? That would be sad but at least a hairdresser still seems to be around. Does Letizia hope that the press will get bored with the same outfits, take less pictures and focus instead of work issues? Negative as she still hardly does any visible work, even when it would be appropriate (eg journalism events) apart from walking behind Felipe and collecting the flower bouquets. As a proper appearance is essential here, I hope she continues at least at the level she started with last week.

Seems Zarzuela is keen to have the couple out and about and make people forget about such image killers as the El Jueves cover etc. Time for good news and hard work to save Felipe's job!

Prince Felipe receives to Lula in his second official visit to Spain
UNIONRADIO.NET
Don Felipe also has predicted to attend some of the acts in which Lula will take part during its stay in Spain, like deference to the attentions that has always received in its visits to the South American country
El Tiempo - El Periódico del Pueblo Oriental

That short jacket, with 3/4 puffy sleeves, is en vogue for fall right now. And the longer sleeves inside is also en vogue. I'm not crazy about the look myself, but it's very "in".

That is so true. I saw a collection by Vera Wang. One of the outfits was a a long sleeved shirt worn under a short jacket.

They look so much in love every time I see them. She always looks at him as her prince charming, which come to think of it he really was and is!

I think their last act was one of the most photographed,all agencies provide several pages of photos.

I think their last act was one of the most photographed,all agencies provide several pages of photos.

I think it is because today is the princess birthday :lol: all the spanish newspaper published this information: "La princesa Letizia cumple 35 años", with pics of this yesterday's act.:flowers:

I think it is because today is the princess birthday :lol: all the spanish newspaper published this information: "La princesa Letizia cumple 35 años", with pics of this yesterday's act.:flowers:

Ah...so Felipe got reminder all over the places. This husband can't forget his wife's birthday. He has no excuse. :lol:

Ah...so Felipe got reminder all over the places. This husband can't forget his wife's birthday. He has no excuse. :lol:

Very, very funny: Imagine the dialogs: " Oh sorry, darling I'm totally forgeting your birthday!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Letizia::bang::bang:

Seems Zarzuela is keen to have the couple out and about and make people forget about such image killers as the El Jueves cover etc. Time for good news and hard work to save Felipe's job!

I apologize, may be it's because my english is not fluent at all but sometimes I have some trubbles for understand you.

For me, may be I can be wrong, the Princes of Asturias have to make an hard work whatever the events are. It's not because this summer they were the el Jueves cover incident, the bikini indiscretion, the speculation of The Times about spanish monarchy, and all that harbour the press's articles, well-founded or not, that the Princes of Asturias have to work outside watching at themselves with " eyes of fishes dead of love", or with the cap of fathers of a "so beautiful and naughty fair curled hair little baby girl"

The marketing has its own limit when the global situation dosen't correspond at to easy cliché.

We can forget that in Spain there is an important separatism problem, it's not new, among others structural problems.

We can't underestimate the Prince of Asturias' s vision. Since he is very young, he is reapeting that the throne is for him a work of each day, he HAS to win the throne by his work all minutes long.

Some people, in particularly among the aristocratic circles are thinking that he is not so clever as his father, they are suspicious about his qualities to reign and they don't apologize his wedding with Letizia Ortiz. But they aren't all the Spain.

The princely couple has to show them, not as fashion couple of a movies but as crown princes totally convinced of the help of the historic backgroung to go ahead and built a modern Spain with a constitution which respect the principes of the democratic monarchy.

In this circunstances, outfit reapeting or not, sleeves so long or too short, what's the matter ? the most important thing is the global image of a princely couple who understand the necessity to involve them in the hard working in item up to the situations, according Royal House's directives.:angel::graduate::coach::sleeping:

Last edited:
FEDERACION ESPAñOLA DE BALONCESTO

The Princes of Asturias will preside at the box in the final where Spain dreams of taking the gold

The Princes of Asturias, don Felipe de Borbón and dona Letizia Ortiz, will preside tomorrow at the final (21.30 hours) of the Eurobasket, which will be celebrated in the Palace of the Sports of the Community of Madrid and where Spain, in force champion of the world, will look for a title that resists in the record.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Preside Royal Guard Military Flag Ceremony
September 14, 2007 - Cuartel del Rey
Madrid, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

For me, may be I can be wrong, the Princes of Asturias have to make an hard work whatever the events are. It's not because this summer they were the el Jueves cover incident, the bikini indiscretion, the speculation of The Times about spanish monarchy, and all that harbour the press's articles, well-founded or not, that the Princes of Asturias have to work outside watching at themselves with " eyes of fishes dead of love", or with the cap of fathers of a "so beautiful and naughty fair curled hair little baby girl"

I agree that they always had one of the most challenging agendas, certainly because they have to, maybe also because they want to. My point is that this summer was not exactly friendly towards the monarchy or the princes in particular; even more a reason to bring them back to full speed in their activities. More than ever they have to work hard to win people over after all these headlines during the summer (and I am not talking about silly issues as the bikini - never understood the fuss - but things like the auditor, el jueves, Letizia's absence at certain events during her maternity etc). I could imagine that in other monarchies a CP with two toddlers would be allowed to cut her agenda a bit short here and there, no option in Spain.

We can't underestimate the Prince of Asturias' s vision. Since he is very young, he is reapeting that the throne is for him a work of each day, he HAS to win the throne by his work all minutes long.
Exactly, this is what his father indoctrinated into Felipe and it becomes more and more true these days as Spain will not hesitate to kick them out if they don't work hard.

Some people, in particularly among the aristocratic circles are thinking that he is not so clever as his father, they are suspicious about his qualities to reign and they don't apologize his wedding with Letizia Ortiz. But they aren't all the Spain.

If you look around there are monarchs or heirs to the throne who are not too bright or too hard working but loved and respected by the public and CPs who don't have Letizia's work load and are more in the spotlight as their husbands but don't have to face all this critizism. It's bad luck for them that the situation in Spain is as it is, they'd have an easier journey in other countries where people wouldn't worry too much about Letizia being the granddaughter of a taxi driver.

In this circunstances, outfit reapeting or not, sleeves so long or too short, what's the matter ? the most important thing is the global image of a princely couple who understand the necessity to involve them in the hard working in item up to the situations, according Royal House's directives.

I agree, adelaide, if this was an ideal world. Unfortunately, media and society have become more and more superficial and direct their focus on non work issues. If you did a survey and ask people what comes to their minds regarding the princes people will think first of things like Leonor being cute, Letizia's skirt incident or that her sister died, meaning that first and foremost visual appearance matters and that should be immaculate because only people who show a deeper interest will then take a look at their work. But to be fair, this situation might be the same in many other countries, not only in Spain.

Duke, there is a mistake in your theories. To think that the agenda of activities of the Princes was decided last week, or in august :)lol: In august the people were of vacations knocked down to the Sun), because it turns out that the press created a lot of polemics.

The truth is that the majority of activities of the Princes this autumn, go in the agenda more time. The act of the Community of Madrid, it was an act to that they could not come last May 2, the Prince is a President of Honor of the Eurobaket for months and the next inaugurations of Institutes Cervantes are decided with months of anticipation. The period between the summer end and the end of the year always has been a period of enough activity for the Prince, more this year than the Princess had reduced her agenda for months and that have several trips foreseen. The most important acts are still for coming, the October they will celebrate the National Day and will deliver the Prizes Prince, and in November already the trip to China is organized, besides other trips that we will know where they place them. So probably, they will be months of an intense agenda much more marked by the institutions, as the Institute Cervantes, with that always they work.

Los Príncipes de Asturias entregarán al colegio Claret de Don Benito el primer premio del concurso nacional 'Consumópolis 2' :: Extremadura al día :: Periódico diario digital de Extremadura con la actualidad regional y local :: Noticias e información

The Princes of Asturias will deliver to the school Claret of Don Benito the first prize of the national contest ' Consumópolis 2 '

Consumópolis is a virtual contest in Internet that teaches students of the whole Spain to live realizing a responsible consumption and improving the quality of life.

The pupils of the team ' Coctel. Com ', of the School Claret of Don Benito, there have turned out to be winners of the first prize of the national phase of the contest Consumópolis 2, which will receive of hands of the Princes of Asturias next September 20 in Madrid.

Thanks Lula for all the informations about the CONTENT of the Princes of Asturias's work!

Summer is over, so ALL the major royals have full schedules now. End of story. Other issues may, to a larger or smaller degree, be of concern in the background, but a full schedule is planned months in advance--nothing is ad hoc.

We ought never forget that being a successful royal is a long distance run, not a sprint. As amusing as they are to comment upon, ephemeral things, such as who had the best hat at event Y, are just that, ephemeral. It's the long term work and dedication that carry weight into the future and the Prince and Princess of Asturias have shown every indication of understanding what they are about.

Summer is over, so ALL the major royals have full schedules now. End of story. Other issues may, to a larger or smaller degree, be of concern in the background, but a full schedule is planned months in advance--nothing is ad hoc.

We ought never forget that being a successful royal is a long distance run, not a sprint. As amusing as they are to comment upon, ephemeral things, such as who had the best hat at event Y, are just that, ephemeral. It's the long term work and dedication that carry weight into the future and the Prince and Princess of Asturias have shown every indication of understanding what they are about.

Generally speaking absolutlly right, it's a little be infantile to beleive that a schedule can be improvised up to the events.

The work of the royals is a heavy one because the logistic and if they have to adapt for some details they can't adapt their labour to a general behaviour, it's not a unilateral agenda!

The gray-patterned suit is one of my top five favourite things Letizia has EVER worn. :)

Generally speaking absolutlly right, it's a little be infantile to beleive that a schedule can be improvised up to the events.

Are you sure that it's infantile to believe that :rolleyes: Despite schedules being made months in advance situations can come up that require last minute adjustments or even postponement as just happened with the gold medal event in Madrid.

As all other royal houses Zarzuela has to adapt to unforeseen events - good or bad - and the respective sentiments of the public, so I guess their staff is pretty good at improvising, it certainly is part of the job description. Besides, apart from those long planned more important events there are some not so important events that can be taken on or left off the Asturias' agenda as it suits including the flexibility that Felipe will attend without his wife.

Duke, but it is a minimal part of the agenda, and normally of acts that arise in an unexpected way ... a delivery of prizes, an international conference or an official trip they do not arise of one week for other one.

In case of the medal of Madrid, already it was hoping that the Princes could not be going to gather it in May; it was an honor for the two, and the two had to go, and the Princess was not going to to be able to go. There was no a cancellation, from the beginning it was known that they would receive it after the summer and not the day of the Day of the Community.

Nice to see them.

Btw. on last few days she wore similar colours of her outfits.

Are you sure that it's infantile to believe that :rolleyes: Despite schedules being made months in advance situations can come up that require last minute adjustments or even postponement as just happened with the gold medal event in Madrid.

As all other royal houses Zarzuela has to adapt to unforeseen events - good or bad - and the respective sentiments of the public, so I guess their staff is pretty good at improvising, it certainly is part of the job description. Besides, apart from those long planned more important events there are some not so important events that can be taken on or left off the Asturias' agenda as it suits including the flexibility that Felipe will attend without his wife.

My Dear,
It's the same for all important work, regal or not. It's the ABC of all organisation!:D Do you know my compatriot La Palisse?

Last edited:
I have heard on tv that the princes will be tonight in the final of basketball!

...I have see them!!
Prince Felipe was talking with a journalist and princess Letizia was really elegant!!

Last edited:
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia at the start of the final game between Spain and Russia at the European Basketball Championship in Madrid

http://i5.tinypic.com/5xnog8l.jpg

Many, many thanks Lula for all you work, I don't know how will be the threads regarding the Spain Royal Family whithout your fantastic activity. Thanks again:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom