The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hunting is a very discutable hobby, but as everybody knows it a lot of people is practising it in every classes of the society.
Look at in France -it's not necessary a good example- we a hunting politic party for the Presidential elections.

If the Princess has to go to hunt, I think it's to "perdrices" one or as I read she is going to learn and like the "tir au pigeon" - with false animals- generally speaking today to hunt is consider yet as a sportif game if you respect the rules.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Hunting is a stupid tradition for rich people. I hate the fact that anyone does it. The danish royals, the british royals, the dutch royals, the spanish royals. I just get disappointed in these royal familie every time I hear they too practice it.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Canarias 7. Sociedad. El kiosco rosa: "Letizia, deslumbrante entre la aristocracia europea"

Letizia, overwhelming between the aristocracy european

The dress and the slopes that shone during the celebration of the forty birthday of Guillermo of Holland provoke unanimous praises of the press of the paper couché. This way, the renewal of the official activities on the part of Doña Letizia after its loss by maternity cannot more be celebrated.

Letizia, sexy y muy atractiva - 20minutos.es
Today, in the Palace of Congresses a fine sweater has shone that heightened its bust.
All the keys of its new style in FOTOGALERÍA Letizia, sexy y muy atractiva - 20minutos.es
If during the past weekend, in Holland, in the birthday of the Principe Guillermo, Letizia it caused sensation with a worthy dress of Josefina in the times of Napoleón (down to the right), the princess yesterday returned to dazzle in the Palace of Congresses of Madrid next to its husband in VIII the Conference of the Convention of Nations United of Lucha against the Desertificación. It chose for the occasion a fine electrical blue sweater that heightened its bust and a skirt printed over the knee

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
to letizia it likes to hunt
the journalists called to the real house and the real house I denied
every day likes less peñafiel!

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is not true that the hunt is only for rich, I know humble people who hunts. Many people who devotes herself to raise cattle and lives in the mountains, hunt. Like there are many people thast lives near the sea who goes fishing.

Often the hunt appears as " something politically incorrect ", when actually what happens is that the people have very much ignorance on the topic,and it takes us to the hypocrisy.

The hunt inside the law, in controlled estates and of animals that are a food, does not have anything of bad. Maybe personally you would not practise it, but it is a personal question. If you go to the market and buy a chicken for the food, it is also a dead animal, though probably it does not seem to one so unlikely, because it it kills other one.

Another thing is the hunt for protected animals or in danger, the hunt with methods out of the law or the hunt in countries where this one is not controlled well. It is totally open to criticism and often illegally.

This news is of December, 2004, and already at the time it comments that the Prince is going to give two shotguns to the princess, to bring her over to the hunt, but that she does not like the topic much.
El Confidencial Digital - El regalo de Reyes para Letizia: la escopeta de moda, marca “Kemen”
Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
Canarias 7. Sociedad. El kiosco rosa: "Letizia, deslumbrante entre la aristocracia europea"

Letizia, overwhelming between the aristocracy european

The dress and the slopes that shone during the celebration of the forty birthday of Guillermo of Holland provoke unanimous praises of the press of the paper couché. This way, the renewal of the official activities on the part of Doña Letizia after its loss by maternity cannot more be celebrated.
Letizia was absolutely dazzling in Holland, she stands out between the rest of the guests because of her simplicity and great elegance.
The princes of Asturias usually don´t go to many events of the European Royalty but when they do it princess Letizia is one of the best dressed (Ej.: Danish wedding)
Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia looks great, different but still wonderful.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is not true that the hunt is only for rich, I know humble people who hunts. €[/url]
In the US we have a hunting season when people can hunt. A license is usually required but it is not restricted to just rich people.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
In the US we have a hunting season when people can hunt. A license is usually required but it is not restricted to just rich people.
It's not restricted to rich people in any nation. Hunting is a country or a rural sport, not a "rich person" sport--like, let's say, sailing. Most farmers hunt. And there is nothing wrong with game hunting. One thing is to hunt big game just to hunt, another is to hunt small game which is than cooked and consummed. I have no idea if she hunts, but I don't really care one way or the other. I do find it funny that the same people who decry her "maybe" hunting, don't seem to care that some princesses who claim to be great animal lovers drape themselves in fur. Oh, the beautiful hypocrasy of it all!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
What purple ?
Isn't that a purple sweeter she was wearing??I think it is!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What purple ?
OK more like a blue dark colour but it does look more like a purple colour!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Although hunting is very common around Royal families I really think it is not a salutary hobby!Hunting for fun, killing animals for fun.Hunting just to have common interests with the Royal family doesn't seam rigth to me. Although I think Letizia is not the kind of women who could fire a gun against a animal!!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Although hunting is very common around Royal families I really think it is not a salutary hobby!Hunting for fun, killing animals for fun.Hunting just to have common interests with the Royal family doesn't seam rigth to me. Although I think Letizia is not the kind of women who could fire a gun against a animal!!
Hunting is very common for.... billion of people, Royals or not, farmers or not. It's one of the most ancient tradition in the world! It dosen't meant it's a good tradition but it is!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Hunting is very common for.... billion of people, Royals or not, farmers or not. It's one of the most ancient tradition in the world! It dosen't meant it's a good tradition but it is!
I totally agree, adelaide

It's a difficult topic as the killing of animals is involved but there are rules and as long as people stick to it and don't hunt protected or endangered animals I wouldn't condemn it. Hunting does make sense, eg in regulating the animal population in order to protect the forests etc or simply because people eat or sell the meat to local butchers or restaurants.

Hunting has always been popular with the upper class, including royals, so it's a long grown tradition. Besides, I don't think that royals behave better or worse when hunting, there are lots of normal or rich people whose behaviour is a disgrace. We don't know if the story of JC shooting a drunken bear is true. If it is, shame on him, but sadly events like these do happen on a regular basis when tourists or rich people go hunting in certain countries
Old 09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Exact Duke, it is necessary to be able to differ, and for it it is necessary to know something of the topic.

A thing is the hunt for birds (partridges, quails, etc ...) and of animals of mount (wild boar, roe-deer), whose meat is of consumption. This hunt is so open to criticism like buying and eating cow, chicken or pork. In addition this hunt, it is a fundamental element of the economy of many rural zones.

Another thing is the hunt for animals, only as trophies, which meat is not consumed, or the hunt for animals in situations of doubtful legality.

The one who hunts legally in Spain does it in the first group. And this it is the type of hunt that realizes the majority of the people.

Another case is the case of the King, who hunts any thing, and travels to other countries to hunt animals which hunt is prohibited in Spain.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Delivery of the Prize of Journalism Rafael Calvo Serer 2007 to Mr Francisco Pinto Balsemão, Ex-prime minister of the Portuguese Republic, granted by the Foundation Daily Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...03315ce96g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...033152ec5g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...03317eb07g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...033179ffdg.jpg
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

Letizia looks great! Hasn't she worn that dress before?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Today Letizia looks really good! The dress is recycled from last July and I already liked it back then.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Gentry

Letizia looks great
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Nobility

I really like this dress,it is very stylish.
I´m so happy because of the return of the princess to the work

Closed Thread