The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I would call this a family vacation what they are doing at the moment
Very mysterious sentence!!!!
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Letizia_guapa's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: travelling, Spain
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I would call this a family vacation what they are doing at the moment
indeed they are having the family vacation, and they deserve it. I felt qiulty for saying: I can't wait to see them at work again.
Hopefully they can enjoy it, but i am sure they will.
__________________

__________________
  #63  
Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,056
El jurado inicia el 17 de septiembre las deliberaciones al Pueblo Ejemplar 2007 con 21 candidaturas

The jury initiates the 17 of September deliberations to Exemplary Town 2007 with 21 candidacies... This initiative of the Foundation has constituted a great success, to which without a doubt it also contributes the fact that he is Prince de Asturias, Felipe de Borbón who goes to the awarded locality to make delivery of the award, which allows that the Prince knows more close by the people and places of the principado , as they establish the objectives that took to the creation of the Foundation Prince of Asturias
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

  #64  
Old 08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,670
Let's hope that at least they could have enjoyed of a bit tranquility.
__________________
  #65  
Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Let's hope that at least they could have enjoyed of a bit tranquility.
Understatment, I hope so too for them!

_____________________________________________

Now, since quiet three years and a half of wedding, two daughters, and a lot of hours of works together, do you think, as any young couples, that the Princes of Asturias have their own private or quiet private relationship activities by giving dinners or coktails in their House, inviting the representants of the varied fields of the political ( may be not) economical, cultural and social fields of their ages?

I ask this question because I read the Princes of Orange are doing this kind of quiet privite activities to build a network with the actif members of the neerderland society of their ages. As I read the criterium to be invited are absolutly neutral.

I know, as you, that they are invited " en petits comités " by representants of all ages of many fields of interests political, economical, cultural and social in a private or quiet private dinner. In this recption the princes have to show their personnal capacities to heard and speak whithout to have prepared a subject and mainly keeping a great prudence in theirs words

But I think that, as the Kings, the princes of Asturias will avoid to have a court and because of that the kind of private reception has to be very descret and well organised for don't forget anybody.

What do you thing about that ?
__________________
  #66  
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,670
The Prince of Asturias, already before his wedding, was keeping private meetings and hearings with persons of all the areas, specially people of his generation.

To part of the agenda of official activities, the Princes have private meetings. For example, I remember a private meeting that was made public, because it coincided with the advertisement of the pregnancy of the Princess. It was a luncheon deprived in a hotel with a group of journalists specialists in political information.
__________________
  #67  
Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Prince of Asturias, already before his wedding, was keeping private meetings and hearings with persons of all the areas, specially people of his generation.

To part of the agenda of official activities, the Princes have private meetings. For example, I remember a private meeting that was made public, because it coincided with the advertisement of the pregnancy of the Princess. It was a luncheon deprived in a hotel with a group of journalists specialists in political information.

Yes you are right. My question was general, a little bite to try to imagine if the Princes are doing their own network of " influence". It's not the good word because it sounds bad, but I want to tell of a netwoork in which they can have the most large vew of the realitie of the country.
__________________
  #68  
Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
My question was general, a little bite to try to imagine if the Princes are doing their own network of " influence". It's not the good word because it sounds bad, but I want to tell of a netwoork in which they can have the most large vew of the realitie of the country.
They will need it to survive. JC had and still has his and Felipe will need one of his own because he is a different character in a society that has moved on, compared to his father.
__________________
  #69  
Old 08-20-2007, 05:19 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They will need it to survive. JC had and still has his and Felipe will need one of his own because he is a different character in a society that has moved on, compared to his father.
Yes, it's absolutly obvious. But, as you know, in Spain it's difficult for a crownprince to have his own influence network because all the networks yet existing. It's the reason why my question is very general and as you say they will need it to survive, but I was looking for a more precise answer.
__________________
  #70  
Old 08-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Yes, it's absolutly obvious. But, as you know, in Spain it's difficult for a crownprince to have his own influence network because all the networks yet existing. It's the reason why my question is very general and as you say they will need it to survive, but I was looking for a more precise answer.
It a very difficult issue that lula has already mentioned earlier in terms of an own office. Felipe needs his own influence network etc but is always somehow limited by his father. It's a thin line between aiming for a bit of independence that his position not only deserves but needs for survival, and interfering with JC's circle and issues - he is the person who pays the band so he's entitled to call the tune. It's only human that there are differences between Felipe's and JC's opinions or the way they like to handle things and it will become more obvious the more grown up Felipe gets. Who wants to be trained all his life and still do what Daddy says in his mid forties or fifties? Not easy for Felipe as a dissent between him & JC becoming public could have consequences for the monarchy.
__________________
  #71  
Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Adelaide, your question can be answer for the article from "Capital" spanish magacine, I copied it, but in Spanish, sorry.

"
Encuentros discretos con empresarios y sindicalistas

En su residencia oficial de Madrid, próxima a la que ocupan los Reyes de España, el Príncipe suele recibir a empresarios que despuntan. Lo mismo hace con otros profesionales, también con sindicalistas. Es verdad que sus tareas oficiales se desarrollan en el palacio de La Zarzuela, a la sombra del Rey, pero no lo es menos que es creciente su trabajo -discreto- en su propia casa, donde organiza cafés, almuerzos y cenas, todas ellas reservadas y rara vez conocidas por la prensa y la opinión pública. Es el camino que desea seguir un hombre casi pudoroso que no se cansa de intercambiar impresiones, pensando en desempeñar un buen papel y sin que se le vea afán de protagonismo. Aunque a veces es inevitable."
__________________
  #72  
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian View Post
Adelaide, your question can be answer for the article from "Capital" spanish magacine, I copied it, but in Spanish, sorry.
In English ... Capital is a magazine of economy

Discreet meetings with businessmen and syndicalist

In his official residence of Madrid, near that the Kings of Spain occupy, the Prince is in the habit of receiving businessmen who appear. The same thing does with other professionals, also with syndicalist. It is true that his official tasks develop in the palace of la Zarzuela, in the shade of the King, but it it is not less that his work is increasing - discreet - in his own house, where he organizes coffees, luncheons and dinners, all of them reserved and rarely known by the press and the public opinion. It is the way that wants to follow an almost modest man who does not get tired of exchanging impressions, thinking of recovering a good role and without one sees zeal of protagonism. Though sometimes it is inevitable. "
__________________
  #73  
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
In English ... Capital is a magazine of economy

Discreet meetings with businessmen and syndicalist

In his official residence of Madrid, near that the Kings of Spain occupy, the Prince is in the habit of receiving businessmen who appear. The same thing does with other professionals, also with syndicalist. It is true that his official tasks develop in the palace of la Zarzuela, in the shade of the King, but it it is not less that his work is increasing - discreet - in his own house, where he organizes coffees, luncheons and dinners, all of them reserved and rarely known by the press and the public opinion. It is the way that wants to follow an almost modest man who does not get tired of exchanging impressions, thinking of recovering a good role and without one sees zeal of protagonism. Though sometimes it is inevitable. "

Many thanks for this article, Capital is a serious magazine in its category. In fact, I have read some aticles about this item, but as I forgot when, I was looking for some advices about that because as say with elegancy Duke of Marmelade they have to do if they want to survive.....
__________________
  #74  
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
lucys's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 993
On September 3, the Prince and Princess will inaugurate a UN conference on desertification to be attended by representatives from over 190 countries.

Representantes 191 países impulsarán en Madrid medidas contra desertificación
__________________
"I dress first for myself, then for men, and lastly for other women, who are going to be critical anyway." Elizabeth Taylor
  #75  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,670
Thank you lucys. Already news starts appearing on next activities of the Princes, it seems that the autumn will be intense.
__________________
  #76  
Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 AM
Ccile's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 1,360
great news!!!

We're going to see them a lot during the autumn!!!! they must enjoy their holidays with their 2 beautiful daughters because they'll be very busy in a couple of weeks!!! they're right to stay away from photographs!!!
__________________
  #77  
Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys View Post
On September 3, the Prince and Princess will inaugurate a UN conference on desertification to be attended by representatives from over 190 countries.

Representantes 191 países impulsarán en Madrid medidas contra desertificación
That's good news but I wonder if they will attend Willem Alexander's 40th birthday party the weekend before (1st & 2nd September).
__________________
  #78  
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Ccile's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's good news but I wonder if they will attend Willem Alexander's 40th birthday party the weekend before (1st & 2nd September).
perhaps but it will be a big surprise because they don't seem to participate so much to royal birthdays (like the one of the queen of Norway etc...)
__________________
  #79  
Old 08-21-2007, 05:08 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's good news but I wonder if they will attend Willem Alexander's 40th birthday party the weekend before (1st & 2nd September).
Yes, the most probable thing is that to the being a celebration of a Prince Inheritor, the Princes attend. But Zarzuela will consider it to be a private act, so until that day (if the Dutch Royal House does not give before a list of assistants) we will not know anything.

The Royal Family says goodbye officially of Majorca on the 28th.
__________________
  #80  
Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, the most probable thing is that to the being a celebration of a Prince Inheritor, the Princes attend. But Zarzuela will consider it to be a private act, so until that day (if the Dutch Royal House does not give before a list of assistants) we will not know anything.
I think they will do although it will be seen as a private act from the dutch side as well, so they might go but we won't see pics. WA turned 40 already in April but they moved the celebrations to that weekend as Maxima (and her peers, btw) were pregnant / had just given birth. Can we expect a similar party when Felipe turns 40 next January?
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 39: September - October 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 206 10-18-2007 10:58 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 38: September 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 202 09-28-2007 06:29 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 37: September 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 214 09-17-2007 11:10 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 13: September - Octuber 2005 Anna_R Current Events Archive 184 10-09-2005 11:32 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 12: August - September 2005 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 182 09-14-2005 08:52 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]