The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

[quote=nayralorenzo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr

it can be for the death, but before the death of Erika she was also wearing black clothes, and I don't like how they fit in her, I like more her with another clothes...and for me to wear black because you are sad of a lost is nothing need. But of course, it deppends on the person...
Anyway, also if you like her with dark colors is your opinion, but my opinion is different..what is the problem?
I totally agree with you She needs a new stylist urgently

Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus

All opinions are great! Never doubt that your opinions are not valued-just remember that others don't necessarily share it. People feel so passionate about Letizia, in particular, that dissenters tend to hear a lot of rebuttals. That's part of the reason there are 44 threads for her and Felipe!

I think if Letizia feels like she needs to remain in mourning for her sister, who's death had to be a great shock to her, than she should wear those dark clothes. We do have to remember that Leti was wearing dark clothing before Erika's death, as well. Spring is coming soon, though, and I have high hopes for Letizia to wear spring-ier clothes as the weather warms! I'm sure as soon as the baby is born she'll be right back into her old clothes again.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
All opinions are great! Never doubt that your opinions are not valued-just remember that others don't necessarily share it. People feel so passionate about Letizia, in particular, that dissenters tend to hear a lot of rebuttals. That's part of the reason there are 44 threads for her and Felipe!

I think if Letizia feels like she needs to remain in mourning for her sister, who's death had to be a great shock to her, than she should wear those dark clothes. We do have to remember that Leti was wearing dark clothing before Erika's death, as well. Spring is coming soon, though, and I have high hopes for Letizia to wear spring-ier clothes as the weather warms! I'm sure as soon as the baby is born she'll be right back into her old clothes again.
For your fisrt point I totally agree with you, part of the 44 threads regarding the activities of the Princes of Asturias is totally out of the subject because a great misunderstanding about them, sometimes totally surrealistic.

For your second point too, I agree also because it's true that since the end of autumn the Princess of Asturias is wearing dark color as dark purple, grey, chocolate, dark green and black as winter's color for this years.
It will be whithout great danger to say whith the arrival of the spring the Princess of Asturias will doing to choose some light and pale colors - but in not in the same shades than of those of her first year before her first pregnancy, I hope because it was not my first choice -
Old 03-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima

I totally agree with you She needs a new stylist urgently
Dear princes maxima....Princess Letizia no need a new stylist,she is very a simple and elegant woman.Perhaps you don´t like her black clothes but she continues being elegant and beautiful with red, brown, beige, blue, green, black............

But this thread is not about fashion
Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Dear princes maxima....Princess Letizia no need a new stylist,she is very a simple and elegant woman.Perhaps you don´t like her black clothes but she continues being elegant and beautiful with red, brown, beige, blue, green, black............

Surly a subjective oppinion, not a fact. There are as many oppinion on tastes as there are tastes, what is simpel for someone is cheap or boring for others, what some finds elegant others find frumpy, some think dark colours suits her others dont......

And theese threads are alot about fashion, or is it only about fashion when someone thinks she looks good?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Serene Highness

I think Letizia looks fine. She's pregnant and it's been winter(of course soon it will be spring), plus she's been thru a lot recently. I think Letizia will be wearing brighter colors very soon.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Commoner

I agree with Aurora. Letizia looks just fine, remember that the last stages of pregnancy usually make you feel and look so tired most of the time. Soon she should will be having another precious baby in her arms and with time she will feel more relaxed and that will show in her expression.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

Letizia looks great to me her belly has gotten big but she looks great thanks for the pics.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
This type of gestures and looks are very common between them. There is nothing more that to look at them to see how in lover they are.
I think it is too much sometimes. I don't see Maxima and her husband looking at each other like that and I still see two people very much in love. I think L & F over do it a bit. I don't see Cristina and her husband doing that as often...and they look very much in love...I don't know...maybe because they are newlyweds...it's cute though.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Commoner

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia today

from wireimage
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I really like her coat but not the dress also the mix match does not work well. she is looking really good & its great to see her back in color
Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138

There seems to be only one opinion about Letizia and her fashion you accept!

I like Letizia's style, because I think it is very elegant. But I accpet other opinion's too and I can understand that some people get tired of her always wearing dark clothes (also before the death of Erika).

Anyway it's great to see Letizia along with Felipe! She behaved really professional the last time. My view on her changed a lot! I never thought she would be so strong.. I'm very impressed!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I like better to see her in other colours than black or dark colours, but I think she has a good taste on clothes, not very stylish clothes but there is no need for that, perfect for the events, and very very confortable!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I like better to see her in other colours than black or dark colours, but I think she has a good taste on clothes, not very stylish clothes but there is no need for that, perfect for the events, and very very confortable!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia hosted at the "Casa America" the new literacy campaign aimed at young and adult people.

Pictures from Polfoto

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previe...Id=0&handle=-1

TRH Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Preside 2007-2015 "Latin American Alphabetization Plan for Youth and Adults" Launcheon
March 14, 2007 - Casa de America
Madrid, Spain

WireImage: Listings

Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia looks here wonderful, and yes it's amazing how strong she is.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia looks here wonderful, and yes it's amazing how strong she is.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Majesty

i think a month is more than enough time to recover from a loss of someone you love and to be honest, i'm finding it rather strange that the royal household isn't scheduling any events for her lately, but she rather appears in those she wants to. perhaps this may seem harsh to some of you, but i think it's logical. other people get just two days off work when someone close dies and none of the other royals get a month off when something like this happens.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think a month is more than enough time to recover from a loss of someone you love and to be honest, i'm finding it rather strange that the royal household isn't scheduling any events for her lately, but she rather appears in those she wants to. perhaps this may seem harsh to some of you, but i think it's logical. other people get just two days off work when someone close dies and none of the other royals get a month off when something like this happens.
She appeared at the events in Madrid, not the events she only wanted to go.
Since the announcement of her pregnancy, the only event she had outside Madrid was the Prince of Asturias Awards. We all know how important the event is for the Princes.
You are confused about taking time off and not having solo events. She had a very difficult pregnancy, now it's in her 3rd trimester, perhaps the royal house doesn't arrange the solo events for her.

Closed Thread