Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 33: February - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not set time limit for a person to grieve over the loss of an immediate family member. As for the average person, it deends on thier work situation and the company that they work for,
for me personally, I was able to take a week paid off of work. If I needed more time, I could take all that I need, but it would not have been paid. And just to let you know, my brother's 13th anniversary of his death just passed on the 11th of this month, and I still grieve his loss. The week that I took off after his death was enough time for me to pull myself together, and to get over the initial loss, the shock of it, but the grieveing process is different and one can not put a time limit on it. It's just humane nature.
And IMO, I thought it was remarkabkle that the week after her loss, she was back at work with her husband. So kudos to her. After suffering a tremendous shock, the loss of a sister, and being pregnant, I think she is doing great by getting out there and doing her "job" whether it's one engagment or 12, she is not sitting at home having a pity party for 1 which, again, IMO she is entitled to do.

carlota said:
i think a month is more than enough time to recover from a loss of someone you love and to be honest, i'm finding it rather strange that the royal household isn't scheduling any events for her lately, but she rather appears in those she wants to. perhaps this may seem harsh to some of you, but i think it's logical. other people get just two days off work when someone close dies and none of the other royals get a month off when something like this happens.

no time is enough when you loose someone like a sister. she is lucky as she can opt to fit in the events she finds best considering what just happened. plus do not forget she is pregnant.

carlota said:
i think a month is more than enough time to recover from a loss of someone you love and to be honest, i'm finding it rather strange that the royal household isn't scheduling any events for her lately, but she rather appears in those she wants to. perhaps this may seem harsh to some of you, but i think it's logical. other people get just two days off work when someone close dies and none of the other royals get a month off when something like this happens.

I think it makes perfect sense right now how often Letizia appears. Not really b/c of the death of her sister but more b/c she's pregnant. I think she goes to certain events really depending more on how she feels than anything else. As it should be! They wouldn't want her out doing something if she wasn't really feeling good. I think pregnancy is an up and down thing, sometimes one might feel great and other times not so great.

Even before the death of Erika, Letizia's name already didn't show up on the official agendas published on the website or any related EFE articles. I think it's the royal house decision that she would be accompanying Felipe or the family attending the acts in Madrid only. It's because of her difficult pregnancy, nothing to do with Erika's death.

Bravo she is recovering from the sikness that a pregnense bring to her. She better day by day. In did i love see her wear other colour than not black, grey or white.

I love see her today, and always like is natural. Tnaks for the pics.

carlota said:

I´ve read te mourning or recover period takes 9 weeks, I doubt she´ll ever over come the lost of her sister.

I´m glad to see her wearing different colors, although is not my favorite outfit

donnaK said:
She had a very difficult pregnancy, now it's in her 3rd trimester, perhaps the royal house doesn't arrange the solo events for her.

Why she is having a difficult pregnancy? Just because she has morning sickness!!!!Please! She has nannys to take care of Leonor while she is at home, she can rest if she want, she seams not to be having any problems regarding her baby!

Thanks a lot for all the pics. It's a true pleasure to see again the Princess of Asturias more smiling and concerning by the acts that she is hearing.

I can imagine it's not obvious to her be here and totally involved by the event even if the field of the activity is exactly in her priorities and in her elective area.

It is exesting more pics on IFI, I beleive, absolutly tremandous.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
Why she is having a difficult pregnancy? Just because she has morning sickness!!!!Please! She has nannys to take care of Leonor while she is at home, she can rest if she want, she seams not to be having any problems regarding her baby!

Sorry, but I find your attitud a little bite out of order. Nobody has said that the Princess of Asturias have a diffificult pregnancy ONLY because her nauseus state of the morning.

But if You have a little of compassion for her, you have to read that it's a familly inheritance to have pregnancy UNCOMFORTABLE; IMO it's to me more correct, but I'm not a doctor, to say the the Princess of Asturias have a very uncomfortable pregnancy which make her not very well than she has a difficult pregnancy.

In this kind of consideration, can you imagine an official act with a Princess who is vomiting? It would be very funny, isen't it but not for every body.

In fact nobody knows exactly the pregnancy's pains of the Princess, but it's totally normal: " Never explain, never complain" ... don't forget it!:flowers:

Last edited:
You can not put a time limit on grief. When you lose someone you love you never get over it it's not like losing a necklace you can replace. She will never be over it. Life goes on the pain is always there and the missing of that person.

adelaide said:
Sorry, but I nfind your attitud a little bite out of order. Nobody has said that the Princess of Asturias have a diffificult pregnancy ONLY because her nauseus state of the morning.

But if You have a little of compassion for her, you have to read that it's a familly inheritance to have pregnancy UNCOMFORTABLE; IMO it's to me more correct, but I'm not a doctor, to say the the Princess of Asturias have a very uncomfortable pregnancy which make her not very well than she has a difficult pregnancy.

In this kind of consideration, can you imagine an official act with a Princess who is vomiting? It would be very funny, isen't it but not for every body.

In fact nobody knows exactly the pregnancy's pains of the Princess, but it's totally normal: " Never express, never complain" ... don't forget it!:flowers:

nobody would like to see her vomiting in an event. trust me. i doubt anyone would find that funny. what many people have expressed here is the fact that that perhaps the quantity of events she attended during the whole pregnancy is not too much. you don't have to attend scheduled events all the time if you feel unwell. what you can do however, is attend personal events those days you feel well, such as going to the theatre, visiting an exposition or wandering around in a fair. that is as well something that would make spanish culture profitable and not just attending the events you are scheduled to go. please don't tell me that felipe and letizia visiting the prado wouldn't attract as much press or even more than attending the geographical society awards.
i totally understand that the death of erika and the pregnacy were impediments to letizia doing many things, but i find it ludicrous that since the announcement of her "new solo agenda" she only attended 2 or 3 events. i'm sorry, but it's laughable.
it's just my opinion. i think a lot can be done, even when it's not a very "official" event.

She's having a difficult pregnancy not only because of the morning sickness but with other annoying sympthoms that come along with pregnancy.

It is not a matter of how many nannies Leonor has.

biboquinhas said:

Perhaps the whole day sickness, not only the morning ;). Every pregnancy is different, why don't you ask why the others also had difficult pregnancies and disappeared for months, such as Maxima when she was pregnant with Amalia, Mette-Marit with Sverre ?

carlota said:
you don't have to attend scheduled events all the time if you feel unwell. what you can do however, is attend personal events those days you feel well, such as going to the theatre, visiting an exposition or wandering around in a fair.

I don't think Felipe likes to see her go to places where there are lots of people. We all saw how nervous Felipe was at the award ceremony of the Breitling Cup 2005 in Mallorca when there was a huge crowd and Letizia was pregnant with Leonor.

carlota said:
i totally understand that the death of erika and the pregnacy were impediments to letizia doing many things, but i find it ludicrous that since the announcement of her "new solo agenda" she only attended 2 or 3 events. i'm sorry, but it's laughable.

Perhaps the royal house don't like the media fuss of cancelling events when she is not feeling well and has to cancell a solo event. Anyway, I don't see the point of complaining the schedule of a pregnant woman when she has lots of difficulties. She will have rest of her life to do her duties, and the vast majority of time she won't be pregnant :lol:. That's probably Sofia and Felipe had been telling Letizia all the time since I see them more nervous than Letizia herself.

Nice pics. Thanks.

They both look great.

We don't know how she's really doing with this pregnancy, therefore we cannot judge her because we're just spectators. The only people who do are her family, the gray men in Zarzuela, her doctors, and herself. In addition, I definitely agree with seto that you cannot put a time limit on grief especially with the manner her sister died.

P.S. Why are there multiple posts?

Thanks for the pictures, i love it when they look at each other.

adelaide said:
Sorry, but I find your attitud a little bite out of order. Nobody has said that the Princess of Asturias have a diffificult pregnancy ONLY because her nauseus state of the morning.

In fact nobody knows exactly the pregnancy's pains of the Princess, but it's totally normal: " Never explain, never complain" ... don't forget it!:flowers:

Well said Adelaide! i´m totally agree with that.

Adélaïde, I'm back. And I totally agree with you and Lauritas. Don't judge everything she does and doesn't. Does she have problems with her pregnancy ? maybe, maybe not. Where's the problem ? I'm sure she's doing the best that she can do with those strange situation : soon giving birth and by the same time, loosing her sister. I find this thread sometimes very agressive, don't know why. Maybe someone can explain to me, with real facts and not only feelings and approximative appreciations. Thanks.

fanprincipesasturi said:
Thanks for posting the link, fan! :flowers:

The Princess of Asturias, the president of honour of the VIIth edition of the Marathon in Madrid.
The Princess, doña Letizia Ortiz, has accepted for the third time the presidency of Medio Maratón Villa de Madrid which seventh edition will dispute next April 1st, and will receive dorsal number “00001”, the organizers informed today.
The president of the Sport Grouping Marathon, Carlos del Pozo, has received from the House of HRH the Prince of Asturias a letter in which the head of the Secretariat has communicated that the Princess of Asturias has accepted the Presidency of Honor of the VIIth Medio Maratón Villa de Madrid.
“We are enchanted with the support the Royal House is offering to us. For us, like grouping sport, fills us with pride that such a young woman as the Princess of Asturias is the President of Honor of the race which with mimo we organized more, the Maratón Means Villa of the Madrid, for being oldest and the most concurred”, comments del Pozo.
[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom