The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince is still in Ecuador, today 15 he comes to the act of change of government, so up to tomorrow he will not come to Spain. For the present time, the rest of the week does not have official acts.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Courtier

I think we won't see Princess Letizia and Leonor on Easter Vacations, because the date, Easter mass is on April 8th, a month before the birth, and women don't travel at this time of the pregnancy, so I'm looking foward to see them before, because I'm sure She isn't going to be there.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

I also think that Letizia won´t go to Palma in Easter because of the advanced pregnancy.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Courtier

When is she due again?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Letizia's due around end of april, beginning of may
Old 01-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

when is Letizia going to resume official activities after the christmas break. we have not seen her for over a month and now she must be over the sickness!!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Where he is Letizia ?:whistling
Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

That is a very good question. I understand that she is pregnant and has had a few rough months of morning ("all-day-long") sickness but now she is completely out of the picture.

I think she really enjoys being home with Leonor (like any mom with her kids) so she is focusing on that, which is really good. But to me it does not seem like there is a good balance right now between being just a mom and undertaking her official duties.

I know a lot of people don't like comparisons, but there are currently other CPs that are pregnant and are still doing a few official engagements. They do seem to balance out personal life and official duties very well.

Letizia's last official engagement was a month ago (December 18th).

Quote:
Originally Posted by althea
Where he is Letizia ?:whistling
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
That is a very good question. I understand that she is pregnant and has had a few rough months of morning ("all-day-long") sickness but now she is completely out of the picture.

I think she really enjoys being home with Leonor (like any mom with her kids) so she is focusing on that, which is really good. But to me it does not seem like there is a good balance right now between being just a mom and undertaking her official duties.

I know a lot of people don't like comparisons, but there are currently other CPs that are pregnant and are still doing a few official engagements. They do seem to balance out personal life and official duties very well.

Letizia's last official engagement was a month ago (December 18th).
Some people just seem to have short memories. When Maxima was pregnant with Amalia, she had disappeared for months, so did Mette-Marit with Sverre. Each pregnancy is different, simply can't be compared. It's a bless that some royals can work normally, but there is no need for a push when a bad pregnancy occurs. Felipe said at a journalism dinner that Letizia couldn't do meals because of constant upset stomach. Plus she probably has hard time standing for a long time. That explains why she had been absent for lots of acts.
Inside Zarzuela it's always duties first. I don't think Letizia is allowed to neglect duties because she wants to stay home with Leonor.
That's what I read from another board. Letizia had 158 acts in 2006. Based on the numbers, I think she still has more acts than most of the other CPsses except for Camilla in 2006. Perhaps we should wait until the end of 2007 to see how she does over the year of 2007.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Felipe is having a plenty of engagements next week, and almost all in Madrid, so I'm pretty sure she will attend some of them. It's sad that we haven't seen her for a month (except those few paparazzi shoots of her shopping) but it was quite obvious since the only acts predicted for Felipe were those two trips to Latin America. Besides, the Household probably didn't want to risk her own acts when Felipe is abroud and couldn't go instead of her.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I agree. Though, is a pity not seeing her more currently. They look wonderfully together.

Vanesa.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Some people just seem to have short memories. When Maxima was pregnant with Amalia, she had disappeared for months, so did Mette-Marit with Sverre. Each pregnancy is different, simply can't be compared. It's a bless that some royals can work normally, but there is no need for a push when a bad pregnancy occurs. Felipe said at a journalism dinner that Letizia couldn't do meals because of constant upset stomach. Plus she probably has hard time standing for a long time. That explains why she had been absent for lots of acts.
Inside Zarzuela it's always duties first. I don't think Letizia is allowed to neglect duties because she wants to stay home with Leonor.
That's what I read from another board. Letizia had 158 acts in 2006. Based on the numbers, I think she still has more acts than most of the other CPsses except for Camilla in 2006. Perhaps we should wait until the end of 2007 to see how she does over the year of 2007.
I agree!!! if you must add all the engagement of Letizia and other CPss, you can see that she has more duties than any of them except for Victoria.. Letizia has had plenty of duties when sh'es not pregnant. why compare Letizia to other CPss when in fact we can't see the others as well. If you would just look at the thread, Letizia has plenty of accomplished duties than any CPss. I'm sure that once Letizia has given birth to her second child, she will take a break and then resume royal duties again.. after all Letizia is not the kind of woman who just shops for clothes and takes vacation all day.. this is a special situation being pregnant.. as what written by donnaK Maxima disappeared for months during her pregnancy with Amalia. If it's doctor's order, can she complain?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think Letizia stays at home because she wants but because she has to due to a difficult pragnency. They are a lot of medical reasons to need rest during a pregnancy. I just hope it's not too hard !
She seems to be a woman who enjoyed her work when she was jornalist and who always did her "job of princess" very well and very seriously !
I just imagine her staying working at home (or in her bed if she has to stay in bed !), studyind many "dossiers" and helping her husband in his "desk work".
That's not a illness and let you being "ready to work", even if you're in bed (with a computer !!!!).
Old 01-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Majesty

although i understand when everyone says that each pregnancy is different or that she may be having problems this time, i think a month is an awfully long period of time for a princess to be out of the spotlight, specially when she reportedly went shopping a couple of times only with her bodyguards or to milan with felipe.

i really hope she attends an audience this week with felipe.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Nobility

I´m sure we will see the princess the next week
Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Just becaue we don´t see her doesn´t mean she´s not working. I´m sure if she´s up to it she´s doing behind the scene work - e.g. paperwork or reading..
Old 01-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think anybody has denied that Letizia has worked very hard when she wasn't pregnant. We all know that, but now you never get to see her in official duties and there has not been any official statement saying that the CP needs to take it easy because of doctor's orders.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is the probleme exactly ?

If it's these of her discret life since one month, why not if the Royal House didn't has to organize something for the Princess !

Because her pregnancy the Princess can't go to shopping or for some days of vacancies with her husband?

I hope that all the women who have a penible pregnancy aren't obliged to stay at home in her bed during nine months.

Poor and dear Letizia who is condamned before to be judged at each time that it's possible to think that may be, by compairaison of the others Crown Princesses she is less active during her pregnancy.

May be we can have other terms of comparaison, if it's a good way to have some reflexions?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Courtier

I can't figure out how is going to be the day when she makes her first duty afte all this time, people will get crazy.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I can't figure out how is going to be the day when she makes her first duty afte all this time, people will get crazy.
Are people (I guess people here refers to Spanish people as she´s their CP) really crazy - or is it just us people on the forums waiting for news and pics??? I´m dying to see her again too, but to me her lack of appearance does not show a lack of work ethic etc as some others here think.

Closed Thread