The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 AM
Nobility

Princes de Asturias, accompanied by the small Leonor, passed the Nochevieja in Milan, according to commented to our newspaper sources near the Palace of the Zarzuela. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia the past moved to the Italian capital of the fashion day 29 of December in a regular flight Madrid-Milan. Surely, all the members of the Royal Family will return to meet tomorrow in Madrid, night of Kings, to celebrate the birthday of Don Juan Carlos.
http://www.abc.es/20070104/gente-gen...701040246.html

Old 01-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/...5/01/2007&pass=

While Infantas Elena and Cristina enjoyed the snow in Baqueira, the Princes of Asturias flew to Italy. On the Day of the Innocents, at midday, the Borbón-Ortiz couple and Leonor embarked in a regular flight of Iberia, way to Milan. At the airport of Malpensa, a car was waiting them, to transport the heir and his wife to their destination.

During the flight back to Madrid, only the passengers that were traveling in business class could witness the dedication of Doña Letizia with her daughter, whom she gave the fed, like any other mother. Leonor, who was dressed in a flowered outfit, behaved as a story-book princess. Neither did she cry, nor shouted, nor bothered anybody.

Like a typical middle-class couple, the prince was eating, while mom was taking care of the girl, and later it was Doña Letizia who took her meal, while dad was entertaining the heiress.

For a couple of times, they took the girl for a walk by the corridor, from row nr. 1 (where they were seated) till row nr. 4 (the edge of the first class). Given the high difference, the prince had to bend over his daughter, to hold her hand and this gesture inspired a pair of commentaries by onlookers.

As a anecdote, observed by a witness, the princess went to the bathroom a couple of times, and she took advantage of that to chat with the crew. Whereas the princess was most talkative, Don Felipe remained more quiet, during the two hours that the Madrid-Milan flight last.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

What a nice story, thank you for sharing it Elsa M!
I especially loved this part:
Quote:
Like a typical middle-class couple, the prince was eating, while mom was taking care of the girl, and later it was Doña Letizia who took her meal, while dad was entertaining the heiress.
And of course, the part which discribed Leonor's angelic behaviour!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
What a nice story, thank you for sharing it Elsa M!
I especially loved this part:
And of course, the part which discribed Leonor's angelic behaviour!
Do not be wrong, the one who writes it is Paloma Barrientos (that personally I believe that it is a viper full of poison ) ... possibly and how she does always she reproduces something that others exists counting. This is not a praise, is a critique to the Princes, for behaving as normal parents with their daughter. Always she does it.

For her that the Princes behave as a normal family, it is a sin, because they are princes. She criticizes everything, but he cannot stand much that the Princes behave as normal persons ... that go to the cinema, which they walk with their daughter and take her to friends' house, which they visit the grandmother of Letizia ... all that that there do the Princes that it is not surrounded with luxury, criticizes it. Summarizing for her Leonor must be taken care only for a babysitter and dress of " baby Dior · (though it is criticized by everything, assurance that this also it would criticize ).
Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Baby Dior

So she's being sarcastic.. I thought she was praising the fact that the Princes always try to act like a normal family
Old 01-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.elcorreodigital.com/vizca..._20070107.html

A cask for the House of the Prince

Alcanadre's Vinícola Riojana will deliver to the Princes of Asturias a cask of wine 'Aradón' on the occasion of the birth of their second daughter

Undoubtedly, the prince Felipe and his wife Leticia Ortiz will receive next spring hundreds of gifts on the occasion of the birth of their second daughter. One of them will come from the locality riojana from Alcanadre, concretly from the warehouse Vinícola Riojana of Cooperative Alcanadre, whose managerial meeting decided a few months ago to join the celebration of the close birth with the only and very special gift. Better what they can do: the wine of Denomination of Origin Qualified Rioja. This way, Vinícola Riojana of Cooperative Alcanadre reserved a cask of French oak that supports already the first broth upbringing that will take place under the mark 'Aradón'.

(...)

In the cask saved specially for the Princes of Asturias it is possible to read the legend " This wine Crianza Aradón has been specially selected and elaborated on the occasion of the birth of the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias ".

The members of Vínicola Riojana's managerial meeting comment also that while they were hoping that it was coming for the commemorative plate for the cask knew itself that the second baby of the Princes would be a girl, so they wanted to modify the text.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Do not be wrong, the one who writes it is Paloma Barrientos (that personally I believe that it is a viper full of poison ) ... possibly and how she does always she reproduces something that others exists counting. This is not a praise, is a critique to the Princes, for behaving as normal parents with their daughter. Always she does it.

I don´t see any critic to the Princes, nor any disrespectful or ironic comment on the Paloma Barrientos report, i would even say this is too kind towards the royal family; she speaks of Leonor as of a fairy tale princess.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
I don´t see any critic to the Princes, nor any disrespectful or ironic comment on the Paloma Barrientos report, i would even say this is too kind towards the royal family; she speaks of Leonor as of a fairy tale princess.
The article is really supposed to be sarcastic. Those who follow Paloma Barrientos know that. She criticizes Letizia because she personally takes care of her daughter, her grandmother (or so she claims) takes care of Leonor, and other things that are too many to mention.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

After reading the interviews with CP Fredrik and how he was brought up - and many with him I would presume - I am relieved that the current generation of royals do care for their own children when possible. With their usually busy schedules I assume the children will spend plenty of time with nannies so let's rejoice that the next generation of royal children will know what the loving arms of the parents feel like.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am sooo looking forward to sitting up and awaiting the births of the royal babies. Im only worried it will happen while i am at school. I have never sat up on TRF before but have read the threads of C-A, Leonor, I-A and Christian's birth and I can't wait.

Felipe and Leitizia seem to make such a great couple and I think it is unfair when people criticise them. They don't know what it is like to live their lives under the eyes of the world's cameras
Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry if you think this is stupid of me..

What exactly is the problem here? Sarcasm is this journalists thing. The article wasn't 'nasty' towards Letizia. What she had written could have been much worse. So what if she was sarcastic? I think it's great that Letizia obviously cares so much about her daughter. It's great that like any normal mother she can push her on the swings and chat to her sister in law. I for one would rather see and hear about this, rather than Leonor being looked after by a nanny 24/7.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The thread is now re-opened. Off topic posts were moved to the corresponding thread.

Let's keep in mind that this thread is for "Current Events" only and not destined to become a battlefield while the Princes have a slow schedule.

If this thread is filled up with off topic posts again, they'll be deleted and the posters will be subject to disciplinary action.

Thank you,
Anna_R; Avalon & Ennyllorac
Spanish Forums Moderators
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Nobility

"Treatment of homenajear to Asturias and Letizia"

Its first CD includes two subjects made up of him that it dedicates to Letizia Ortiz "one lady who is to me attractive specially"

A.S.O./PLASENCIA

OAS_AD('Position3');

Professor of song titled after seven years of studies in the Conservatory of Plasencia, musician and composer, Javier Way recognizes that he tries to open field and to consolidate like professional in the competitive world of the spectacle. Member of the group ' the Dogos', now has been sent in solitaire with the CD ' Hears Leticiá, to which it gives title one of the two own compositions that dedicates to Princess de Asturias. ' Leticia Hears, amarte is a delight and I nonacceptance that nobody, can both to separar', is the pegadizo refrain of the likeable subject. The work includes, in addition, personal versions of classic of the pop one, the rock and the melódica song.

- What took to him to compose and to publish ' Hears Leticiá and ' Princess and mujer', the two songs dedicated to Princess de Asturias...

- In the first place, that to me Letizia Ortiz seems to me one specially attractive lady. ' Leticiá Hears is a more rythmical subject, with much sense of humor. ' Princess and Mujer' are something more serious, are a tribute to Asturias and to Letizia Ortiz because I have much family there and requested to me that she composed something and I did that melodía and the letter.

- In fact, she begins with the agreed ones of the hymn of Asturias touched by the gaita and the refrain says ' That your to walk princess and woman, it is life source, and that Spain obtains to La Paz defender'. ' Leticiá Hears is, however, more festive and pegadiza and all a declaration of love with much humor...

- Good, it is a divertimento in which I have let myself take by the imagination of which him can happen to him to a very normal person that it has a fixation not so normal: to clear the fiancèe to him to Prince de Asturias.

- It thinks that it will end up sounding in some transmitter in tele or in the Zarzuela...

- I do not know it. My intention was to give it to the family and the friends. From there, if it leaves something, better.

- This it is his first CD that in addition it has published personally...

- It is a desire of a long time ago, but it is a very homemade work, in the sense that I have put the voice and the others is work of Mountain Julian, companion of the keyboards in the Dogos, although he plays other several that has been recording in their house, with the sound table and the computers, without more study nor production, and from this work have left the disc. I believe that there is but merit his that mine. Altogether we have taken half year.

- In addition to the two songs hers the rest is interpretations of classic of the pop-rock or the melódica music Why?

- Because it is the music of my childhood and of my adolescence and I like very special. They are the subjects that please me more to sing.

- What has been most difficult?

- I believe that it has been the meticulous work, the adjustments and the orquestación, that has taken I finish Mountain Julian, because to me it enchants to me to sing.

- That note in the disc like the formation and technique that it has.

- I studied seven years of song in the Conservatory of Plasencia and am professional professor titled and member of Frontier the Lírica Company and the Dogos. The liking comes to us in house by my mother who sang zarzuela in Béjar when younger, from where is. From small we have heard zarzuela and classic music and we made our pinitos. We have not done more than to follow. Although what I like more it is to raise a scene and to communicate with people through music.

http://www.hoy.es/prensa/20070113/pl..._20070113.html
Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Infantaleonor, many thanks for you information. It's pleasant to read news which come from people who seems appreciate the Princess for her intrinsic quality whithout to be so much eulogistic.

May be by this entrance into the world of popular culture it's the begining for Letizia of a proof of recognition of her personality as a Princess of Asturias! Who knows? The process is important because it's a way to stand back from all the journalists's discussions which are true tautology. Some fresh air, isen't it ?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Gentry

thanks for you information
Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Courtier

oh for God sake When will I see princess Letizia and Leonor again?
I'm desperate
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I'm desperate
i know but let CP Letizia and Leonor need break because Letizia is pregnant
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i know but let CP Letizia and Leonor need break because Letizia is pregnant
Pregnant yes, but not ill!!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

We are all looking forward to seeing more pictures of the Princess of Asturias and Infanta Leonor.
When the Princess feels good enough, she will undoubtedly make an appearance.
When Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia feel it's time, they will release more pictures of Infanta.

Meanwhile, I think it's pointless to demand more pictures of them - our demands or requests will hardly persuade the Princess and Infanta make a public appearance.

Thank you for co-operation,
Avalon, Spanish Forums Moderator
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I'm desperate

We probably won't see Leonor until Easter, for the celebration of Easter with the King and Queen, when we will see all of the royals together for a photo session and for church. (Last year, they were in Mallorca, if you remember)

We won't see Letizia until Felipe gets back from Central America, where he is visiting the inaugerations of several Central American presidents. I looked at the official SRF website, www.casareal.es and neither of them have any upcoming events listed. Felipe was at an inaugeration yesterday, and although I don't know when his return date to Spain is, I expect he will not be in an event today in Spain, especcially considering it is a twelve hour flight, with a six or seven hour time difference (I think where he is is in the Central time zone, so I think that would normally be seven hours).

Closed Thread