Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 29: October - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that Princess Letizia wears the earrings she she wore for the El Pais photographs a lot. Maybe they are her favorites.

chuchu said:
I notice that Princess Letizia wears the earrings she she wore for the El Pais photographs a lot. Maybe they are her favorites.

Yes, much uses them. She used these earrings for the first time in Leonor's baptism, probably because of it she likes to use them. There are other jewels that she takes always like the bracelet with Leonor's name, or the ring that the Prince gave her in her first birthday as Princess.

lula said:
or the ring that the Prince gave her in her first birthday as Princess.

....ahh, is that the ruby one she wears next to her wedding ring? I have always wondered who gave that to her and for what occasion. Actually, I always wondered if it was from her grandmother, Menchu, since I know they are close! Thanks, Lula.

It's not a ruby but an opale negra very rare of which I forgot the history. But may be one of our dear friends on this forum can remenber it.

they are a cute couple, and its great to know CP Letizia is pregnant again. Get to see another beautiful prince/ss soon. She is looking good

Nice photos. I hope they also release birthday pix of Infanta Leonor. I'm pretty sure they will, all right I'm just convincing myself :). God, I hope they really do because I can't get enough of these royal babies.

Redferns said:
El País Semanal scans

thanks for those, Redferns! the Instituto Cervantes here in Manila has copies of El País and El País Semanal at the library and i hope they'll have this issue. i'll be checking out the library next saturday! :flowers:

What beautiful photos. A very loving couple too. Just one little wee portion missing.....Infanta Lenore.

Stellad

adelaide said:
It's not a ruby but an opale negra very rare of which I forgot the history. But may be one of our dear friends on this forum can remenber it.

You are right, it's not a ruby, it's a black opal.
From an old Hola online article:
In an absolutely different way and having confronted a definitive change of life, Doña Letizia celebrated, like wife of Don Felipe, Princess of Asturias and future Queen of Spain, her 32º birthday. An intimate gathering in which, in addition to clothes, purses, books and CD´s, she received by surprise a very special gift from prince Felipe: a black opal. The stone that Marco Antonio never could obtain for his beloved Cleopatra, since according to the historian Pliny, Roman senator Nonius, preferred to die in exile before would sell the most beautiful opal to him… And it was the stone that Napoleón presented to Josephine , for being a magnificent red, called it “the fire of Troy”.
The article also mentioned that in the ancient Greek, black opal has the meaning of 'loyalty' and 'full of hope'.
Indeed a very special gift from Felipe :wub:.

Last edited:
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2006/316People01.pdf

On page 3 of this article you can see a pictures of princess Leatizia. I m not good in english and also in translation but I will try to write what I read on this article.

They are many speculation about the fact that:

* Princess Leatizia suffers from Anorexia. The Royal Family and The Spanish people are anxious/ concerned about it.

* The Princess is very dominant about Prince Felipe.

* She is heastrong.

* She doesn't have a good relationship with the King Juan Carlos.

* The conservatief people in Spain does still talk about her divorce for she married with the Prince.

Joumana said:
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2006/316People01.pdf

On page 3 of this article you can see a pictures of princess Leatizia. I m not good in english and also in translation but I will try to write what I read on this article.

They are many speculation about the fact that:

* Princess Leatizia suffers from Anorexia. The Royal Family and The Spanish people are anxious/ concerned about it.

* The Princess is very dominant about Prince Felipe.

* She is heastrong.

* She doesn't have a good relationship with the King Juan Carlos.

* The conservatief people in Spain does still talk about her divorce for she married with the Prince.
Letizia is evil :devil: :ROFLMAO:

Redferns said:
Letizia is evil :devil: :ROFLMAO:

I agree totally with you but a so adorable evil with a so tender smile, and a so big love for her family.

When, when the tabloids are stoping to have their fields days with the items of a Princess who is so terricly stupid?:bang:

I'm always astonished when the critic spirit of the lectors of tabloids aren't able to divide the truth up between the false.

:wacko:

For me, the best proof of the deshonnesty of this kind of press is in using pics with false caption, because now it's very easy to know it's the pic correspond at this or that situation and a lot of lectors, who can go on the Net, can check this point.

Last edited:
Yes, Peñafiel's indoctrination seems that some mass media continue very well.:ROFLMAO: Less badly that in this country the majority of the population is not so conservative and class.

Sincerely this type of articles, especially one of the aspects they seem to me to be terrible. I can understand that for certain press to centre on Letizia any rumor and all polemic is very beneficial. Letizia, is inside the Royal Family, the easiest aim and the one that more is interested, which catches more attention. But it is necessary to be a bit realistic. And the certain thing is that over Letizia the rest many have more influence and power. And that the last decisions, they are not of her.

The argument of the woman who gives the orders is an argument enough machist and misogynist, argument that certainly is in the habit of infuriating enough the women journalists when they listen to it. It is incredible that in the Spain of the S.XXI, with a government and a society who defends the women's rights ... let's be present at certain commentaries that detach ancient machismo. It is sad that still today for some persons if a man has character, is intelligent, has own ideas, is hard-working and has success, is something wonderful ... and nevertheless, if a woman is equal turn in aim of critiques.

A thing is that as colitigant the Princess occupies a background, and other one very differently that has to turn into a furniture without right to speak, to think or to take decisions. For much that to some they stave, the plebeian Letizia, is the Princess of Asturias and what they cannot claim it is that she lives enclosed in a cage. There are very serious journalists, and with political formation, which they are grateful and value to speak with a Princess who supports her husband, and that is an intelligent and hard-working person.

Sometimes this type of histories lead to the silly thing. Recently Peñafiel, celebrated defender and diffuser of this type of ideas, was criticizing and blamed Letizia for having remained she pregnancy for the second time. Before him, a group of angry enough women journalists were remembering him that a pregnancy is a thing of two.:ROFLMAO:

Joumana said:
* She is heastrong.

:wacko: Nothing new added, thanks for resuming Joumana... I'm feeling a little lost on this one "What is a heastrong?!" I must know it so I can update my profile on Letizia :bang:.

Redferns thank you so much for those pictures you shared with us, very appreciated :flowers:, I'm going to do my LaChicaMadrilena act;) - I Want a picture of Leonor in that sweet tender and intim atmosphere :wub:!!!

I agree with you adelaide but I must say that the worst thing is that after things are spread on the internet they will be there for centuries and there's no way you can get rid of them (yesterday I was seeing a TV show with a brazilian actor and the presenter said António José... Fagundes, and he said "I am António but I've never been José, this was a joke a reporter played on me due to a character I was playing in that time, and I've been the past 30 years looking for that information to be removed and I haven't been able to") and this is just a name issue, imagine our Leonor and her siblings reading these awful things about Mum in 20 and 30 years and not being abble to dismiss them. I just hope Felipe and her daughters and sons :wub: love will compensate Letizia from so much pain and meaness that she's been suffering since that gorgeous man choosed her... (I really need to learn smaller posts ;))

Regards,
mtbcm

lula said:
a group of angry enough women journalists were remembering him that a pregnancy is a thing of two.:ROFLMAO:

These women should stop saying those things to poor Peñafiel ;) I can imagine how difficult it is for him to imagine the way things were done more over people reminding him :lol:.

And they are wrong it is not a thing of two;) , in their case it was a thing of three (no, my fertile-imagination-friends Felipe wasn't wearing a crown at the moment:ROFLMAO:) - after being blessed with a child like Infanta Leonor one must repeat the experience:wub: .

I love Prince's last pic; everything seem so wrong in it and yet they accomplished a perfect picture - I don't like that jacket on Letizia, Felipe isn't using a matching tie, poor Letizia seem like she had one of those mornings... and yet they look so matching and good looking. Maybe something in their eyes?! In their smiles?!...

I really don't like white pants and Princess Letizia is always wearing white pants and white jackets!!!
Hope to see some new photos of little Leonor like we saw of prince Christian of Denmark!!! Some normal photos of Leonor playing with her dads!

Last edited:
It can that to you do not like the white pants but to her it likes; since one puts them. I do not understand that badly have the white pants. Normal photos of Leonor? if I am not mistaken of Leonor we have seen many normal photos.

Of course Letizia likes white pants, otherwise she would't wear them!!!!!
Well not so naturalness has we see the new photos of Prince Christian and now Leonor is one year old and we haven't seen her since summer

biboquinhas said:
Well not so naturalness has we see the new photos of Prince Christian and now Leonor is one year old and we haven't seen her since summer

I don't see why Infanta Leonor of Spain has to be all the time compared with Prince Christian. Or Princess Letizia with Princess Mary.

And Leonor is not one year old - YET! She will be in 2 weeks and we have seen a lot more during the summer than we did Prince Christian... Also I don't understand why Infanta Leonor already has an agenda - Atocha, Pope, Easter Mass, Summer Regata - and Prince Christian is still enjoying good life :rolleyes: - poor pal, what will happen to him the day he reaches the throne?!?! He seems to be playing all the time, don't you think?

Most people in TRF seem to be only child, I have a brother so I'm a little sensitive with people being compared in :bang:

I'am not comparing! I also said that we have seen some beautiful photos of Prince Christian so I hope we can see the same with Infanta Leonor!Leonor hasn't got her own agenda, of course, those summer events were only some holidays!!The other events I think if they happen in Denamark Prince Christian will attend too!
Prince Christian is a little baby so he needs to play and play and play....And I'am glad to see some photos of him playing with his dads!

mtbcm said:
..."What is a heastrong?!" I must know it so I can update my profile on Letizia...
"headstrong" means {determined, stubborn, very independent}. Depending on an individual's point of view, it could mean a positive thing or a negative thing.

As a side comment I will just say that I used to wish that Felipe would have hooked up with Princess Maxima. She's tall, pretty and blonde (he seemed to like blondes) and she has this larger-than-life personality. But now I'm grateful she is a Dutch princess because in the SRF, imo, she would have been under pressure to tone down her personality, intelligence and independence. She would have been criticized for being who she is and by now she would have had all the life knocked out of her. Jmo.

mtbcm said:
Most people in TRF seem to be only child, I have a brother so I'm a little sensitive with people being compared in :bang:
I’m the big sister of three wonderful young gentlemen and I have a couple of cousins and we have been compared many a time. That’s life! I make comparisons too – as long as they are instructive and you are not comparing apples and oranges…there is nothing that speaks against this IMO.
And I guess we all look forward to some nice photos of the birthday girl and her parents.

johann said:
I’m the big sister of three wonderful young gentlemen and I have a couple of cousins and we have been compared many a time. That’s life! I make comparisons too – as long as they are instructive and you are not comparing apples and oranges…there is nothing that speaks against this IMO.
And I guess we all look forward to some nice photos of the birthday girl and her parents.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, but I don't like to be placed in track with people who others think I should run with (things like "Your cousin is going to have a baby and she married after you. When do you expect to get pregnant?! :sad: Your brother had great pictures of his baby when are you going to have that kind of pics of your own?!)... Letizia is pregnant let's get Mary pregnant... Christian had intimate pictures let's have some of Leonor's...

Nothing speaks against it but I don't see the point of thinking that following one comes another...

I agree we are all looking forward to Leonor's birthday photos but I don't see why now that we have Christian's we're looking for Leonor's... speaking of appleas and oranges :neutral: . The fact that calendar brought these people together doesn't mean they have to walk on eachother path, at least in my opinion and I know what you are going to say and I agree, this is a so-predictable post on me.

And the desire of wanting the Christian experience repeated in Leonor will lead to the unfortunate comparissons - Christian's pics were more beautiful. Christian smiled a lot more. I wonder why Leonor isn't smiling, is not normal, Christian smiled a lot. Christian's cake seemed tastier... I just don't like it. I'm OK with people who doesn't care but in me gets under my skin and makes me feel bad to read these kind of things...

As much as it was the Leonor's agenda that biboquinhas didn't get - of course she doesn't have an agenda, biboquinhas.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Because she would not have to wear the white pants? there is something bad in them? I do not understand it.

I agree in which it is not necessary to be comparing. I do not understand the insistence in always seeing photos of Leonor; that she is an infant does not mean that they must always show photos of her. The girl has right to her privacy, already we will see her when their parents create it opportune.

The discussion is becoming a little messy.... What the trubbles with the baby boy Christain and his fathers playing ( for the pics ) and Leonor who is going to have her birthday.

I'm not sure that will to have Felipe sitting on the floor, the look ver far away, and Letizia pretending to play with Leonor or the worst Leonor in front of her birthday cake, the mouth full of chocolate with a spound....totally clean of chocolate... in her hand!!!

I prefere the Dukes of Palma's shots doing for the birthdays o their children.
There is no pseudo game with their beautiful kids.

The best shots of the cute baby boy of the danish Crown Prines are when he is alone on the carpet/cushion: he is totally natural with a true smile...

mtbcm said:
Maybe it is a cultural thing, but I don't like to be placed in track with people who others think I should run with (things like "Your cousin is going to have a baby and she married after you. When do you expect to get pregnant?! :sad: Your brother had great pictures of his baby when are you going to have that kind of pics of your own?!)... Letizia is pregnant let's get Mary pregnant... Christian had intimate pictures let's have some of Leonor's...

Nothing speaks against it but I don't see the point of thinking that following one comes another...

I agree we are all looking forward to Leonor's birthday photos but I don't see why now that we have Christian's we're looking for Leonor's... speaking of appleas and oranges :neutral: . The fact that calendar brought these people together doesn't mean they have to walk on eachother path, at least in my opinion and I know what you are going to say and I agree, this is a so-predictable post on me.

And the desire of wanting the Christian experience repeated in Leonor will lead to the unfortunate comparissons - Christian's pics were more beautiful. Christian smiled a lot more. I wonder why Leonor isn't smiling, is not normal, Christian smiled a lot. Christian's cake seemed tastier... I just don't like it. I'm OK with people who doesn't care but in me gets under my skin and makes me feel bad to read these kind of things...

As much as it was the Leonor's agenda that biboquinhas didn't get - of course she doesn't have an agenda, biboquinhas.

Regards,
mtbcm :)
May it be that you read too much rivalry into other people’s posts? Did I say I expect them to do a photo shoot like the Danes did? Or did I say Mary has to become pregnant? Its up to them how to handle these things. I just wanted to point out that one can practice a more relaxed attitude towards comparisons since you said most of the people here are only childs (which I doubt).
All I said is we are looking forward for some pics. Not more and not less. And I assume it’s almost sure that there will be pics - whatever they finally look like. I did not say I demand or claim seeing pics, because I saw Christian´s, Amalia´s, Ingrid Alexandra´s or Elisabeth´s pics. Did I?

johann said:
Did I say I expect them to do a photo shoot like the Danes did? Or did I say Mary has to become pregnant?

I'm sorry but where did you read I said you said these things :ermm: ?!

johann said:
I just wanted to point out that one can practice a more relaxed attitude towards comparisons since you said most of the people here are only childs (which I doubt).

And you're obviously entitled to it; as I am when I read over and over this one is the most cherished, this one is the more spoiled etc etc...

johann said:
All I said is we are looking forward for some pics.

Me too as I've always been since she is born. But I don't take advantage of one Christian pic to start thinking that Leonor should do the same.

johann said:
I did not say I demand or claim seeing pics, because I saw Christian´s, Amalia´s, Ingrid Alexandra´s or Elisabeth´s pics. Did I?

I never suggested you did. If you remember I wasn't replying or referring to one of your posts since I saw none in this thread. My answer to you was after you replied to my single child post so I honestly can't understand what you are saying. I'm sorry!

Maybe it is too late or I am not with my full habilities but at this moment I can't even understand why are you addressing those questions to me.

I made a post clarifying (or trying to) why I'm so sensitive about comparissons... I'm really sorry if you understand it that way:sad:.

Regards,
mtbcm

I tink as you dear mtbc, I confess that I don't understand very well some posts that I'm reading en this time, or about some trubbles that Leonor is suffering or this perpertual reference to the little christian and his very relaxed fathers.

We know that the princes of Asturias are psychorigid fathers who never play with their girl.....:bunny: But it seems to me a little bit artificial some pics pseudo"live" of a child with a chocolated mouth and a spoun in his hand totally clean of chocolate. When I see this kind of pics I have the feeling that I'm totally to stupid if I don't find that "so cuuuuuute!!!!":chicken:

Enough is enough.

This thread is destined to the discussion of Felipe and Letizia's current events, and not to compare their parenting skills or the might be released pictures of Infanta Leonor that will be discussed when or if they are released.

Please cool off and get back on topic.

If you wish to discuss the pictures released for occasion of Prince Christian's birthday, please do so in the appropriate thread.

Any further posts fueling this discussion will be deleted.

Anna_R
Spanish Forums Moderator

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
I really don't like white pants and Princess Letizia is always wearing white pants and white jackets!!!
Hope to see some new photos of little Leonor like we saw of prince Christian of Denmark!!! Some normal photos of Leonor playing with her dads!

I LOVE Leti in her white pants or/and white jackets, she usually looks stunning in them....to me that's almost her signature look and I can't get enough of them!

As much as I miss seeing Leonor, I am glad she doesn't get exposed too often as she's only a little baby and little babies need to play and play (and grow up) IN PRIVATE!!!! IMO, some pictures of Leonor and her parents and grandparents during this summer were the most natural and sweet (a few of them were what one would call "a Kodak moment") photos ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom