The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

So if there's nothing else on Letizia's agenda until the prizes, maybe she will stay in Sardeu. I cannot imagine she would go back to Madrid, and then back to Asturias, with the way she is feeling. Maybe we'll see her shopping or taking a walk with grandma and Leonor

Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Aristocracy

I think she wants so much being in the prices that she came several days before. She could rest and have good time with her family.
I don't think she will come back to Madrid until the prices.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

This idea seems very reasonnable, Zaza61, because it's obvious that this pregnancy is making her tired.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Nobility

new picture!!!!
14/10/06

source: El Pais
Old 10-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Nobility

where we can see all the photos??? there are more photos?¿?

They are really handsome in that image!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, Redferns, thank you sooo much, it's great!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Wow, wow, wow!!!!
That seems to be a special photo shoot for the PoA Awards! It says the photo was taken at La Zarzuela, last September 21st.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is the special one of the Sunday magazine of El País newspaper on 25 Anniversary of the Prizes Prince of Asturias. The Prince has written an article about his experience in the Prizes, and is I believe that 3 photos of the Princes. The special one they publish it tomorrow.

The article since it does not have polemic. 10 years ago it was not strange that the members of the Royal Family were granting any interviews. But for the problems of clash and competition in the press in the last years it was very slightly habitual. The whole press wanted an interview with the Princes, and now the rest they complain because they appear in El País newspaper. In other countries the members of the Royal Families grant interviews and nothing passes, but in Spain the press has its own war.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Commoner

Wow!
I really loved this picture!
Hopefully there will be more of this session to be published!
"Hamlet" - William Shakespeare
Old 10-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Commoner

elpais.es

Old 10-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

The article from El Pais

They appeared of the hand and with an immense smile. Affectionate and relaxed. Suddenly. The Princess had cold. She was going in short sleeve. Four days later she would announce her second pregnancy. It was the secret best guarded. In the first second she asked the photographer for excuses: " Excuses, I am not not photogenic at all. " Nevertheless, she posed during a long hour with many patience. With absolute complicity with Don Felipe and high doses of good humor. To her side, the Prince - a handful of white hairs in the temples, slings entered the hair it was the pure image of the happiness.

The appointment went to the 12.00 of Thursday, the 21st of September in the palace of the Zarzuela. There broke EPS was to offer the only image. The motive, the decisive support of the Prince to the special number of the magazine, which will be published tomorrow, realized on the occasion of 25 Anniversary of the Prizes Prince of Asturias. Only in this context the Princes acceded to a photographic session for a way of communication. Don Felipe considers to the Foundation ¨ joined deeply " to his destiny". In these 25 years Don Felipe and the Prizes have grown in parallel. Today, the awardwinners represent the best of the humanity, a cultural and ethical modal in the whole planet.

A good sample of rewarded by the Foundation Prince of Asturias they have taken part in the special number of EPS. From Woody Allen that received to El Pais in his study of the Park Avenue of New York up to the Italian writer Claudio Magris that there does a crossed sentimental individual for Asturias; From Pedro Almodovar, who describes his emotions on having obtained the prize, up to Muhammad Yunus, the " banker of the poor " that yesterday was distinguished with the Nobel Prize on the Peace, from the main old man of architects Oscar Niemeyer, up to the most spectacular photographies of the magazine National Geographic, Prize of Communication this year. They, and other 200 more rewarded ones, are the dream of the Prince made reality.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Commoner

This is definitely my favorite royal couple! Everything they do seems to be so perfect.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

They look so happy, thanks for the pics and article.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hope there will be more pics in tomorrow's edition of "El Pais". And I can't wait to read Felipe's own article! It will surely be so interesting!!!
They both look terrific in this pic, so happy, down-to-earth and... normal
Thanks once again, Redferns and Venus and of course Lula, for translation .

Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

thank you for pics and article.
would someone put the link of El pais article here?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Thanksss for the picture!!!! She is very beautiful !!!!

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recorteci6.jpg
Old 10-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the head's up! I can't wait to read Felipe's article on what I suppose are his reflections on the 25 years of the awards. He and that event practically "grew up" and matured together.

I bet that the other newspapers and even TV programs are now scratching their heads for not thinking about this splendid idea of El Pais to feature the 25 years of the POA awards. They even got the prince and princess to support their project -- the prince contributing his own article and the couple allowing the paper to take a few photos of then at the Zarzuela. I take it that there was no interview, right?

On the photo... I must say: for someone who says that she's not at all photogenic, the princess looks beautiful there -- maybe with slight signs of tiredness due to her pregnancy, but still beautiful. And, although the article mentions Felipe's graying hair and receeding hairline, he actually looks youthful in the photo. Felipe and Letizia are indeed a picture of happiness in that one.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Commoner

El Pais Semanal

Old 10-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartheina

I bet that the other newspapers and even TV programs are now scratching their heads for not thinking about this splendid idea of El Pais to feature the 25 years of the POA awards. They even got the prince and princess to support their project -- the prince contributing his own article and the couple allowing the paper to take a few photos of then at the Zarzuela. I take it that there was no interview, right?
That's why the other media outlets are miffed. The irony is they have a lot of detractors especially Letizia, but they can't get enough of them.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
That's why the other media outlets are miffed. The irony is they have a lot of detractors especially Letizia, but they can't get enough of them.
Given that the competition among media outlets for the “exclusives” has become a global phenomenon, I am not surprised to hear that there are “sour grapes” and grumblings in Spain about this special.

If I were Felipe and Letizia, I will not have qualms about supporting the project. I’m assuming here because we’ve not yet seen the actual publication, but it sounds like it was tastefully done – with Felipe (himself) writing his own piece for publication in a respected newspaper and it was to highlight one of his major involvements as Prince of Asturias. It is not as if they sold exclusive rights to publicize some private/personal event (e.g. to showing off their baby, etc.) like some celebrities do nowadays.

As for their detractors (especially Letizia’s), I think that some have already made a career out of criticizing-regardless-of-anything. Felipe and Letizia have become their “bread and butter” so to speak, so I’m not surprised that if there is something ‘new’ or ‘perceived to be new’ about the couple, these people milk it for all it’s worth.