Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 28: September - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_nac4640.htm

The Princes of Asturias, one day in LA RAZÓN

The Princes of Asturias visited yesterday LA RAZÓN, where they were got by the president of the newspaper, Mauricio Casals; the vice-president of the Group Planet, Jose Creuheras; the president of the advice of administration of the diary, Santiago Barreno; the general assistant director of Institutional Relations, Joaquín Parera; and the director, Jose Alejandro Vara.

The tour began in the financial department and continued for those of advertising and marketing, later to continue in the Draft. Don Felipe and Dona Letizia passed for all the sections, were interested for the news that were coming and asked for the work of each one of the editors. Later they were present at a meeting of the Council of Draft, where the contents of the newspaper are decided, and finally they shared chat and appetizer in an environment distended with the workers of LA RAZÓN.

i agree, that's a lovely suit. looks very professional and flattering.

good spoting lula, i agree that the fact that it's open makes a lot of difference and that she seems to have gained some weight.

lula said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/avila/articulo/principe_centro_policia_1093946.htm

The Prince will inaugurate the reopening of the Police Center after the remodeling

The intention is that Don Felipe is accompanied by his wife, the Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia Ortiz, though this end is still for be confirming.
(...)

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_asistiran_jura_policias_inauguracion_1103036.htm

Princes will represent oath policemen and inauguration of amplification works

The Princes of Asturias will be present next October 11 at the oath of an agents' new promotion of the Police National as well as at the inauguration of the works of amplification of the Center of Formation located in Avila, they informed to EFE sources of the School.

It is a question of the first visit that Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will realize together to the cardinal native of Avila, after the inheritor of the Wreath was coming last November 17 to the city, to preside at the General Assembly of the Consumers' European Organization.

In this occasion, the Princes of Asturias will preside at the oath of 2.035 components of the promotion XX-B of the Basic Scale, which will take place to the midday in the facilities of this center.

The same act, at which every year they are present around 10.000 persons, will serve to inaugurate the works of amplification of the Police School, which have possessed a budget of 27 million Euros and a run-time of 24 months

i like the black dress. she wear it in the past. the white pants and the red jacket wear she too in the past but it's ok

I love the orange suit in Letizia... it looks great on her

Felipe and Letizia will give the Planeta

The literary celebration that organizes every year in Barcelona the publishing Planet will count east year with two guests of exception. Princes of Asturias will be the ones in charge to give next the 15 of October the award better equipped with the Hispanic letters. This will be the first time that Felipe and Letizia attends a supper that reunites every year to the most mediatic names of the national panorama and to some writers.

http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=46&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=342061&idseccio_PK=1028&h=060924

http://www.larazon.es/noticias/visita.htm

The Princes, one day in LA RAZÓN

The Princes of Asturias visited on Friday the headquarters of Madrid of our newspaper. At their arrival, past the midday, they were got by the President of the rotary one, Mauricio Casals; the vice-president of the Group Planet, Jose Creuheras; the President of the Council of Administration and general manager, Santiago Barreno; the director of the diary, Jose Alejandro Vara; the general assistant director, Joaquín Parera, as well as for the writer and columnist of this house Alfonso Ussía. The tour began for the financial department, where they were waited by the ) director, Álvaro Aguirre, Juan Castro, of the computer department, and the juridical person in charge, Francisco Hiraldo. Later, Don Felipewas interested for the sale of the spaces of advertising of the newspaper with the director of the area, Juan Carlos Díaz, as well as for the distribution, points of sale in Spain and for when it was going to begin the expansion abroad, be afraid that he debated with Andres Navarro, marketing manager and distribution.

Already in the draft, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia could know first hand the news that in this moment were coming to each of the sections. The situation in Afghanistan and The Lebanon they are questions that worry both and on that they commented with Mauricio Sanchez, editor chief of Internationally, and with Macarena Gutiérrez, envíada specially in Middle East. After the conversation, which also there was emphisized that this one is a small section enriched by young correspondents in which every day is tried to give something different to what other means offer, the Prince aimed that " the challenge is very big, because the international information every time has more calls in the front pages of the newspapers ".
Dona Letizia, her part, showed special interest for the topics of Society, for the immigration and for the Supplement " To your Health ", supervised by Lilián Aguirre, because " they are the pages that really there are read, which more come to the people ", was indicated by it to the person in charge of the area, Sergio Alonso, and to Mar Villasante, Rocio Ruiz, Rosa Serrano and Eva Estival.

Nearby

On " the artificial polemic that had been generated by the words of the Pope " they chatted with the person in charge of the Supplement " Faith and Reason ", Jose Ramon Navarro, who covers the trips of the Holy Father, with that they commented on the terrible execution of three Catholics in Indonesia. Specially nearby they appeared in the section of Madrid. They spoke with Juancho Sanchez and Javier Rodríguez that this one is one of the best sections to begin in the journalism " because street becomes great " and chatted with one of the scholars about the Association of the Press. One of the questions to the Prince belonged if he was satisfied with the work that he was doing and if he was thinking the scholarship remained once finished, though Dona Letizia, who knows of what the topic goes, added between jokes one " better it you should ask it the suitable person ". Later, in Economy, Jesus Martin advanced the last innovations in Stock exchange, which just when they were visiting the draft was falling down, and in the OPAs together with Maria Cuesta, Cristina Ruiz and Lucía Puig. And, as good lovers of the sports, they could not avoid throw a glimpse to the televisions of the corresponding department, which in the same moment were re-transmitting the Cup Davis and the Ryder Cup. Enrique Gozalo, Julián Redondo and Blanca Benavent told them how both competitions were going.

Continues...

Last edited:
http://www.larazon.es/noticias/visita.htm
New technologies

Likewise, the Princes proved to be very interested in the new technologies of digital storage of pages, documents and photographies, topic that explained to them the boss of file and documentation, Alejandra Tahoces. To Don Felipe also he was interested in the work that Antonio Cruz had between hands, one of the members of Infografía together with Jose Luis Montero and Teresa Gallardo. The new internal design of the newspaper and the control of the remote centers were some of the topics for those who were interested and that knew, of equal form that they discovered how one is employed at Maquetación. Mesenteries that were revealed by Carlos Catalán, Elena Bressel, Emma Arroyo y Noelia Lázaro.

Though the photographers were dispersed to immortalize the meeting, they wanted to be present while they were coming to their section, between them the chief of the department, Juan Ramon Puyol, and Jose Ramon Plato, Connie García Santos, Cipriano Pastrano and Luis Sevillano. To their step along Continuity, " the engine of the newspaper ", they were waited by the assistant directors Paul Planas and Manuel Abizanda with Jose Luis Semprún, Maria Ruiz, M.R. Iglesias, Ángel Luis de Santos and Ana Abizanda, that they accompanied them towards Native, where they conversed with the assistant director Jesus Maria Zuloaga, the editor chief of the section, Ernesto Villar, Francisco Velasco, person in charge of Courts, and Carmen Morodo, boss of section. They all agreed in that, though the people say to be fed up of politics, the debates are in the street and the gatherings of television and radio are consumed.

Between books

On the valuation of the articles that come to Opinion they chatted with Jose Antonio Álvarez Gundín, as well as of the pages of Point of view, realized also by Juan Luis Carrasco and Enrique Montánchez. A few pages, as the director explained, where publish the images more impactantes of the day rested on a few feet of photo in which, often, it is difficult to synthesize so much information. A task that in its day Dona Letizia realized and that " already even one has forgotten me ", indicated smilingly. Finally, they visited the area of Culture received for the assistant director, Pedro Narvaéz, together with the editor chief, Manuel Calderón, Gem Barns, boss of section, as well as for Juan Carlos Rodríguez, David Carrón, Jesus Rocamora, David Moralejo, Cecilia García and Miguel Ayanz. They all laughed when, after throwing a glimpse to their masculine components, the Prince asked if the beard was a mark of the section.

The topics of the day

Inside the visit, the Princes were not absent to the Council of Draft either. With the prepared topics, both they entered the room together with Jose Alejandro Vara as two more journalists of the house. It was a question of a very special occasion, since it was the first time that two persons foreign to the diary were attending this meeting, in which every day analyzes the current importance, the competition is commented, the critiques are accepted and the topics of interest are discussed to decide its later publication or not.

After the family photo, in which Don Felipe and Dona Letizia posed with all the journalists and workers of the diary, there took place an appetizer, of informal character, served by Windward. During the coctail, Dona Letizia dressed in a suit of jacket in Felipe Varela's orange tones, proved to be very relaxed, nearby and shared confessions with several moms of a newspaper in plenary session " baby boom ". Refresh in hand and while she was enjoying the appetizer, she assured that Dona Leonor " is phenomenal, besides, already she starts climbing. She is very good and sleeps twelve hours of a pull ". Likewise, she recognized that " since I should start speaking about my daughter I do not end. It might be my only topic of conversation ",she joked. She assured that, though she should have a hard day, " every day I wake my daughter up, attempt I give her the breakfast and to come to house with the Prince at the moment of the bath ". As for her facet of journalist, Doña Letizia promised that " I do not throw it of less by no means. Because my daughter is my priority in these moments and I try to pass all the time that I can with her, like any of you with your children. If I have to do some trip that me supposes being several days out of house, in all that I come I am useful to the maximum it to enjoy her. Because it of which more it costs quality that quantity is not true, it is necessary to dedicate the children a lot of time. I want to raise my daughter and have the enormous luck of being able to spend great part of the day with her ".

The Infanta Leonor says "dad".

The Princess also was interested for the children of the redactoras of our newspaper, for their ages, problems and other infantile questions until Don Felipe came, that, on having listened to the conversation, he added between laughs and before going away: " but that you know that the first word that she said was dad! "

Last edited:
lula said:
The Infanta Leonor says "dad".

The Princess also was interested for the children of the redactoras of our newspaper, for their ages, problems and other infantile questions until Don Felipe came, that, on having listened to the conversation, he added between laughs and before going away: " but that you know that the first word that she said was dad! "

Awww, that's so cute! :wub: You can tell that if Letizia ever says no to Leonor, all Leonor has to do is run to daddy! :flowers:

Thank you so much for posting and translating this article for us, lula!!! :flowers: It's very interesting to follow their daily activities step by step. And I loved this part about Leonor!:wub:

From LaRazon

This one is the photo of group, of the newspaper in paper, I don´t know if the photo will be seen very well because it was very big;)

It's a pelasure to read that Letizia is as all mother of the world ! She likes speaking about her little daughter and loves spending time with her !
Felipe is as a lot of "modern" fathers ! Proud his daughter's first word was "dad" and trying to be there for bath ! I really imagine him easy taking care of his daughter..... Normal parents !
What can people critizise about that ? I'm sure some people will find something bad to say ! What a pity !!!

Thanks, Lula, for the photos and the translated article. I also love the part on Leonor and her Papa :wub: I hope that we'll see the little cutie again very soon.

It sounds like the Prince and Princess are very involved and hands-on in Leonor's daily activities and rituals. It was very nice to read how the Princess mentioned the importance of parents spending time with their children -- I guess that this is part of the couple's parenting philosophy.

zaza61 said:
It's a pelasure to read that Letizia is as all mother of the world ! She likes speaking about her little daughter and loves spending time with her !
Felipe is as a lot of "modern" fathers ! Proud his daughter's first word was "dad" and trying to be there for bath ! I really imagine him easy taking care of his daughter..... Normal parents !
What can people critizise about that ? I'm sure some people will find something bad to say ! What a pity !!!

I am sorry to disappoint you ;) . Everything is criticized.:lol:

For any persons, the Princess should not deal so much of the girl, because for it the babysitters are. And even they invent all kinds of rumors saying that she is obsessed by the girl and does not want to leave her with the babysitter :)wacko: though she leaves her whenever she has activities and trips that are enough). Some of them claim that Letizia is an ancient princess that leaves her children with the babysitter always (in order that then say things like that some European Prince has said).

Something that in the Spanish case has very little felt, because the Prince and the Infantas were taken care by their mother, who already Queen was still taking them to the school. The Princes leave the girl with the babysitter when it is necessary, when they have to work, since all the parents do. The babysitter is a support to be careful of the girl not the one who has to to educate her.

If she has babysitter ... why does she change her diapers? Why does she bathe her? Why the ride to the wedding of one of the best friends of her husband?:ROFLMAO: Only I wait that those who do these absurd commentaries, do not have children, because poor children.:wacko:

How someone commented when Leonor was born, now the principal work of the Princess is to be careful and to educate Leonor in order that in the future she is a good Princess ... how the Queen Sofia did with her children.:flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you so much lula.

What a great job you did translating this enormous article for us. Thank you once again, I highly appreciate your effort :flowers:!!!

The Prince remark in the end is hilarious, men react that way to mum's talk about babies, like they were saying "Ok, my wife does all that and feels that way; but I'm the one Leonor loves!" :lol:

The critics and nonsense won't be late but for now I'll keep the love-feeling Letizia shows for her daughter... But how couldn't she - the girl sleeps 12 hours per night ;) lucky parents eheheheheh

Regards,
mtbcm

First, very good translation of the article of " La Razon " and I thank you too Lula for her fantastic job, allways at the first plan of the good informations. It's a true pleasure to read all this news, anecdotes.

For all the commentaries about the shape of the Princess, I'm very glad to see her smiling, interacting at the top with her husband.

What do you say more which is not pur speculation even we can dream...
But it's a private affair, isen't it ?

http://www.avilared.com/modules.php?name=AvantGo&file=print&sid=13752

THE PRINCES WILL COME FOR THE FIRST TIME TO AVILA

It will be next October 11, such and since it improved avilared.com in its confidential one

The Princes of Asturias will be present the 12.00 of the midday of this day at the oath of an agents' new promotion of the Police National Body, as well as at the inauguration of the works of amplification of the Center of Formation, as confirmed sources of the School. It is a question of the first visit that Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will realize together to the cardinal native of Avila, after the inheritor of the Wreath was coming last November 17 to the city, to preside at the General Assembly of the Consumers' European Organization. In this occasion, the Princes of Asturias will preside at the oath of 2.035 components of the promotion XX-B of the Basic Scale.

i dont know if it has already been noticed that the long black dress which princess letizia wore on 19th september 2006 was the same dress which she wore in june 2004 to meet Pope john paul in the vatican.

Last edited:
planetcher said:
Awwww, I hope Casa Real will release lots of Leonor pictures on her birthday.

I hope that we could see before her birthday;) . Eleven days before her birthday are the Prizes Prince of Asturias, maybe in this occasion. The visit of the Princes to Asturias with the girl was very private, they tried to be discreet ... possibly because they want does a more institutional visit, though at the moment it is not date.

GALLERIES FROM DEADLINE

Couple and otorgation of Flag of Combat Frigate "Alvaro de Bazan", by Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe at Motril Port, Granada, Spain

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotoweb/fr/StoriesContent.fwx?folderid=5001&columns=5&rows=4&search=(IPTC005%20contains%20(DL115190*))&sorting=AlfaNumericAsc

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, in Lucena, Cordoba, Spain, during their visit to the Town All of Lucena and the Inovation Center of Wood of Andalucia

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotoweb/fr/StoriesContent.fwx?folderid=5001&columns=5&rows=4&search=(IPTC005%20contains%20(DL115187*))&sorting=AlfaNumericAsc

that really cute what Leonor says Papa or daddy i think its her first voice

http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20060926220030

Doña Letizia will not go to the visit to the Principality next to the president of Portugal by the annoyances of the MADRID pregnancy, 26 (EUROPE PRESS) The princess of Asturias will not accompany to her husband Don Felipe de Borbón in her visit to the Principality, in that they will accompany the president by Portugal, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, the next Thursday, according to informed to Europe Press sources into the Real House. Doña Letizia Ortiz, that will give to light to its second son the next month of May, will not travel to Asturias due to the annoyances that suffers by the pregnancy, that is in its three first months of gestation. It was predicted that Princes de Asturias accompanied the next Thursday to the president by Portugal and their wife to visit the cathedral of Oviedo, where will act the Choir of the Foundation Prince of Asturias, and to make a route by the temple for, next, going to the Museum of Beautiful Arts of Oviedo where the inauguration of the exhibition of Adriana Molder is predicted. Doña Letizia was already last night absent in the supper that Their Majestys the Kings offered to the president of Portugal and his wife in the Real Palace, the one that became the first official act from the announcement of the next paternity of Princes de Asturias.
http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20060926220030

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/156607/0/Letizia/embarazada/Washington/

Letizia will not be able to accompany Prince Felipe to Washington will go Either tomorrow to Oviedo. Prince Felipe will not in principle meet with George W. Bush. Letizia is in its second of pregnancy. Prince de Asturias will visit Washington as of next day 3 of October without the company of his wife Doña Letizia, who will remain in Spain after the announcement of her new pregnancy, informed official sources in the American capital. The own annoyances of the first months of gestation will prevent him to accompany in this occasion to their husband Don Felipe, so and as already it happened the last year when Princess de Asturias was pregnant of Infant Leonor. The visit of Prince de Asturias will take place in the occasion of the different acts that will be organized in Washington by the ' Month of the Hispaná Inheritance in the United States. The official sources indicated that it does not have predicted, at the moment, no bilateral encounter between the heir of Spanish Corona and the president of the United States, George W. Bush. The last year, Prince de Asturias went without his wife, then embarrassed of Infant Leonor, to the ceremony of graduation of the students of the Máster de International Relaciones of the University of Georgetown, the same one of which Don Felipe was student ten years ago. He will not go either to Oviedo The Princess, whom at first she had predicted to accompany to his husband during his visit Oviedo, will not go finally due to her state. At the moment yes which its trip to this city in the month of October stays, where he will be present in the delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doña Letizia will be tomorrow next to Prince de Asturias in a hearing to college students of the Francisco de Vitoria

Princess de Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, have predicted to participate tomorrow next to Prince de Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, in a hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela to a group of college students of the University Francisco de Vitoria, according to informed the House into the King in an official notice.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/dona_letizia_principe_asturias_francisco_1111893.htm

fanletizia said:
Doña Letizia will be tomorrow next to Prince de Asturias in a hearing to college students of the Francisco de Vitoria

Princess de Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, have predicted to participate tomorrow next to Prince de Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, in a hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela to a group of college students of the University Francisco de Vitoria, according to informed the House into the King in an official notice.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/dona_letizia_principe_asturias_francisco_1111893.htm

The press always equal, tomorrow we will see that it happens ;) , because in the web of Royal House only they name the Prince.

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3568

infanteleonor said:
either the press tells anything or letizia wants to assist to with it because it has to cancel an act

It seems that first the Royal House said that yes, and later said that not. Now everything is a bit over-excited, up to the last moment nothing is clear. How Letizia's presence is not indispensable, because she accompanies the Prince and the Prince comes, the Royal House does not concern for it, but to the press and to us the observers, they confuse all.

The Princess seems to have the same problems that in the previous pregnancy, she has many nauseas. Now she is in the worst moment of the pregnancy with the nauseas, if she is lucky this will pass; if it happens to her like with Leonor the whole pregnancy will be inconvinient with the samne thing.

Evidently as the official acts they are public and with press, this complicates her assistance to them. It is not the same thing to feel badly in an office and to be able to go to the bath, that to feel badly in the middle of a receipt with many people and the press ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom