Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 28: September - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Princess is very beautiful with her mantilla in the wind!

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
Video from Antena3:
Another video from Yahoo News (follow the link that says Video):photo from Hola:

Thank you for sharing Elsa, my eyes go from the Princess to the Prince ;), I love her black outfit but I'm delighted with Prince's white uniform. At antena3 video the last image is striking, I'm glad she wore black today :wub: - the contrast is amaizing and powerful!!!!

What an handsome couple!!!

Thank you once again!

Thank you Larzen, your resources are priceless :flowers: . I finnaly managed to see the brooch Princess is wearing... That second pic of her alone is amazing, we can draw the peiñeta only by looking at her. Nice (point of) shoes!!! Thank you for sharing that last one, I was talking about that instant moment above...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
I dont remember seeing Letizia with mantilla and peineta before. The infanta´s and the queen several times.

avrilo said:
I dont remember seeing Letizia with mantilla and peineta before. The infanta´s and the queen several times.
She was wearing it last year (similar event), when she was 4-5 months pregnant and during the visit the Princes paid to Pope John Paul II just after their honeymoon.

They looks great together. Letizia just simple elegant, so stunning:flowers:

Letizia in black surrounded by men in white, she looks beautiful, thanks for the pictures.

Thanks for the pics. Letizia looks perfect as always!

Great pictures. Letizia looks stunning in black.

blyton said:
As usual Letizia looks perfect!

Right, she looks better she "IS". I 'm just watching at TVE International, a part of the ceremony, and at each time that we can see the Princess in this kind of event I'm totally charm by her graceful and regal manner of holding her head ! What a very gracefully neck!

I'm totally convinced that the Princess is perfectly capable to have her own agenda, but what an important act as this one to promote the couple as futur sovereign!

The best proof, the reportage of this night in TVE International for an event important because the ship as a very tecnical one, because the presence of the Princes together !

http://www.ideal.es/jaen/20060919/local/principes-asturias-inauguran-manana_200609191931.html

The Princes of Asturias inaugurate tomorrow the Vivero of Andújar's Companies

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias, don Felipe de Borbón and dona Letizia Ortiz, will preside tomorrow at the inauguration of the Vivero of Andújar's Companies, act in the one that they will be accompanied by the president of the Meeting of Andalusia, Manuel Chaves.

In a communique, the Delegation of the central Government in Andalusia reported that before the inauguration, which will begin at 19.00 hours, the Princes will visit the Town hall of the city on 18.00 hours.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will come to the Plaza of España, placed in the center of the locality, at 18.00 hours and they will cross it by foot up to coming at the edge of the Municipal Palace, where they will discover a commemorative plate.

Later and according to it reported from the Town hall, the Princes will enter the council, where they will support a meeting with the Municipal Corporation in the new Lounge of Plenary sessions, which has been recently remodelled.

The mayor of Andújar, Jesus Estrella (PP), will deliver to the Princes of Asturias two institutional gifts consisting of two sculptures, one of them a reply of the Town hall iliturgitano.

After signing in Honor's book of the Town hall of Andújar, the Princes they will move to the Vivero of Companies, where it is foreseen that at 19.00 hours inaugurate this installation, fruit of the collaboration between Andújar's Town hall, the Official Chamber of Andújar's Trade and the Institute Cameral of Creation and development of the Company (INCYDE).

The mayor of Andújar has encouraged all the citizens " to accompany the Princes of Asturias in the moment of their arrival to our city, in the Plaza of Spain " in order to show them " our hospitality and their visit to be grateful for them to Andújar ".
(...)

Thank you so much lula for the new photos and agm for the videos.

The moment she walks towards her husband and when arriving besides him were very graceful moments.

She was elegant and although 20minutos.es (como no?!) says that she speaked almost same way I thought that today she wasn't so stiff and nervous, more confidant.

It is very tender to see children trying to touch her arms and shoulders.

Thank you once again for sharing your sources.

Regards,
mtbcm

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_inauguraran_centro_aspira_referente_1095418.htm

Princes will inaugurate center that aspires to be relating wood and furniture

The Princes of Asturias will be present tomorrow at the inauguration of the Technological Center of the Wood and the Furniture of Andalusia (CIT) of Andalusia, which tries to turn into a point of reference of the sector.

The visit of the Princes to Lucena, in which also they will be accompanied by the president of the Meeting of Andalusia, Manuel Chaves, will begin to the 11.30 with the arrival to the Town hall lucentino, where they will meet the Municipal Corporation before greeting the citizens from the principal balcony of the Council.

Later, on 12.30 hours the Princes will inaugurate the Center of Technological Innovation of the Furniture and the Wood of Andalusia, which it is born as an organisation of transference of investigation and innovation for the small and medium companies of the sector of the wood and be precise of Andalusia.
(...)

letizia looked gorgeous! i thought we weren't going to see that dress anymore... it's one of my favourites of her.
the mantilla also looked superb. i doubt there's a more regal hat piece than a good quality mantilla....

planetcher said:
I think he/she meant was why it has to be black and mantilla, more on its history I guess.

Thanks for trying to explain things planetcher. I think that when such comments are made, the onus is really on the original poster to be more clear about what they are questioning. Already four posts have tried to explain what the original post meant -- that means four different members trying to read the mind of another invidual to see what they meant by one remark! :cool:

Some members are also known to be not only critical (which I think is fine as I can be very critical too! ;)) but downright petty about royals they do not care for and will take any chance to make a dig at them. I suppose that is how I interpreted the comment.

:wub:I think she looks elegant and clasy... but above all that beautiful... And Felipe ohm my god there are no words:wub:

she looks elegant, classy, and regal in that black gown and with the mantilla!!!! and...felipe is soooooo handsome in his white uniform!!

btw...does anyone know when will there be another state visit?? it seems like we haven't see Letizia in those long gowns with tiara for so long now...

Letizia looks absolutely wonderful! I'm really happy that she was able to make a speech like last year.

http://www.ideal.es/granada/prensa/20060920/costa/principe-cole_20060920.html

" Is that one the prince of my school? "

The from Granada children put the note of color to a military showy act, not absent of anecdotes, emotion and solemnity

And the story made real. Yesterday, in the Motril's Port, in the dock of east and under an autumnal breeze that was moving to and show them multicolored of the impressive and gray Álvaro de Bazán, the Princes of Carmen Palomares they took finally body. And they fulfilled, at one stroke, the major illusion of this nine-year-old from Granada girl: to show her major 'exchequer' to the Princes of Asturias. A very particular, tight album of photos strongly until Don Felipe and Dona Letizia approached her. Pages and pages of a big notebook of stripes with clippings and clippings of press, drawings to pencil dedicated to the birth of the infanta Leonor, instantaneous of the royalcouple published in press, the last photo extracted of a Hola distracted to her mother...

" To what college you go, in Motril? ", the Princess was asking curious stooping towards her and, smiling and grateful, she stamped her signature on the notebook. Respecting the protocol but with a certain familiarity and nearness that was thrilling to the presents, the pupils of the Santo Rosario de Motril, their mothers and teachers. " Leonor is in house, has not come but ¿ and have to you, liked the ship? ", the Princes continued greeting the smallest, touching their hairs, shocking the palms of the hands in Pau Gasol's spontaneous, more own gesture.

Because those were the Princes that they they all, big and small, were expecting to find yesterday in Motril. Though, two hours before, many people had not even recognized them. " Mum, mum, is that one the prince? ", there was asking innocently a child that, he was assuring, had not slept in the whole night thinking about the event. " Not, Javi, not, that one is the mayor, they come in helicopter ".

The smallest: the note of color of the royal visit to Granada, with their flags of paper rivalling with you them show official, serious in the masts of the ship. A historical, solemn, multitudinous act, mediático-82 accredited journalists - but I fill of popularity - " pretty Letizia! " - and of emotion where it was not known if the mothers were accompanying to their shoots or were they most been interested in the event. (...)

Gallery from wireimage

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=16==212579&nbc1=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom