The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Remember when they went shopping when she was smaller?
This was only one time! I think Leonor should go out more, to a garden, to have fresh air, and not in the garden palace!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Gentry

Excuse me, but I have a question. What was reaction of various layers of the Spanish society to a marriage of crown prince to the dissolved woman? I mean aristocracy, members of the Spanish royal family and clergy.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
well in my opinion I think she should go out more often!
Quote:
This was only one time! I think Leonor should go out more, to a garden, to have fresh air, and not in the garden palace!
We've just seen little Leonor this entire summer on the boat and in Palma Mallorca with her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and already you are saying that we should see her more?

Of all the babies, we've seen Leonor the most this summer. We only saw Christian and Ingrid Alexandra a few times, we never saw any of the Belgian kids, Amalia and Alexia were only seen during the two official photoshoots in Italy and with the visiting Japanese royals.

In my opinon, we shouldn't encourage a "paparazzi" attitude towards having photographs of Leonor in the garden of her home with her family or when she is out visiting friends of her parents during their private time. (Who says she doesn't go out in the garden or to the park? Just because we don't pictures doesn't mean that she doesn't. We don't see pictures of royals in the bathroom, but does that mean they don't go, too?) She is a little girl, even if she may be queen one day, and should be allowed some space and privacy to grow up.

Knowing her fate, her parents won't cloiser her in an ivy tower, but will expose her to the public and to her future duties when the time is appropriate.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

From what age the spanish royals kids attend a Kindergarten?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
We don't see pictures of royals in the bathroom, but does that mean they don't go, too?) .
Total agree with you Alexandria! very funny your coment!

About the polemic about why the princes have not gone this summer to Asturias, i have to say one thing: ( if the goverment change the Constitution) Leonor will be the next Princess Of Asturias, so her first time in Asturias it will have to be a special moment, an official moment, a very big moment, so if the Principes had gone this summer to Princes´s Gramma house, they would have to take Leonor with them, but in a private and not oficcial way, and IT WOULD NOT BE a special and big moment for her first visit to Asturias. I,m sure that the Principes have a great surprise prepared for us for this great day

Quote:
Like any other kids, 1 year old, 2 years old, it depend..
But the royals kids have a nurse! and i think that they will go when it Begins the School.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The infantile education in the school begins at the age of 3 (2 in case of Leonor, because she was born in October and the children begin the school in September). Before if the parents wish it or need it the children go to child-cares (guardería in spanish).

Not how they have made the Infantas with her children, if they have come to some child-care or their babysitters have taken care of them in house until they have begun the Infantile Education. In any case, it will be a decision of the Princes, Leonor has babysitter, but probably in some moment the Princes decide to take the Infanta to some place some hours in order that she has more relation with other children... I imagine that in Zarzuela already they will be looking for the suitable place in order that the Infanta Leonor is educated, because the election will be difficult. But she still is 10 months old, so at least they stay enough months before the girl goes to some place.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

But usually those kindergartens are public places, don't they?I think that will be very good to Leonor having more relation with "normal kids" not roayl kids.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I think the big moment of Leonor in Asturias going to be in October for the Pince of Asturias Prizes, I hope that moment come soon.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I think the big moment of Leonor in Asturias going to be in October for the Pince of Asturias Prizes, I hope that moment come soon.
The Princes had some activities in Oviedo this spring and they said that nothing is certain, but they are thinking about October to take the girl to Asturias. It would coincide not only with the Awards, but also with the baby's 1st birthday (well, maybe not actually, but very close)!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
The Princes had some activities in Oviedo this spring and they said that nothing is certain, but they are thinking about October to take the girl to Asturias. It would coincide not only with the Awards, but also with the baby's 1st birthday (well, maybe not actually, but very close)!
The Prizes I believe that they are October 20, and Leonor's birthday 31, so it seems to me to be difficult.
The Princes travel to Asturias, on September 28 with the Portuguese President.
But on Covadonga's topic there is no news still.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
But on Covadonga's topic there is no news still.
Don't be sad over this dear lula ...

Infanta Leonor was presented to two virgins before she was one year old; her christening consagration and the presentation to the Virgin of Atocha.

For us Catholics these moments are deeply emotional and heartful moments, as I think it was for the Princes.

These aren't meant to be public relations moments but devotional ones...

When time comes, and I guess maybe to celebrate and thank the Virgin the first year of their daughter they'll go elsewhere to thank and ask protection. For what I've seen this summer, when we had the chance to see the little Infanta day in and day out, they must be very thankful for her and for the family they managed to form despite everything.

I know I am!

Regads,
mtbcm
Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Don't be sad over this dear lula ...

Infanta Leonor was presented to two virgins before she was one year old; her christening consagration and the presentation to the Virgin of Atocha.

For us Catholics these moments are deeply emotional and heartful moments, as I think it was for the Princes.

These aren't meant to be public relations moments but devotional ones...

Regads,
mtbcm
I am not sad, but I want to see it.
Not how to explain this, it is a bit difficult.

The baptism is a sacrament for the Catholics, but other acts I do not believe that they are acts strictly devotionals, in these acts the tradition and the symbolic thing weighs almost more that the strictly religious thing. In Spain, it happens often. Spain is a traditionally catholic country, and many parties and many traditions, they have in religious origin, but today in day devocional, it is mixed by the festive thing, the cultural thing, the traditional thing...

There are many examples ... there are persons who realize the Way of Santiago not for a question of devotion, but because they like to make sport, know other places, as something cultural...The same thing happens with the processions of Holy Week, besides the religious thing, they have many of culture, of tradition and of spectacle...

In the visit to Atocha the history and the tradition weighs very much, the Princes continued a tradition of centuries of the Spanish Royal Family.

Covadonga's meaning is much more complex. For the Spanish Monarchy, it is a part of its historical origin. The inheritors of the Wreath are Princes of Asturias, and the Kings took the Prince Felipe to Covadonga being a child in order that he was proclaimed a Prince of Asturias.
For the Princess it is an affective question. The people of Asturias have very much sympathetic for their symbols ... the Virgin of Covadonga, the Cross of the Victory ... both have a religious origin, but for the majority of the people, it is more important the affective sense, of love for the land where they were born or where their forbears were born.
In Covadonga there join the religious thing, the historical thing, the affective thing ... and an impressive landscape ... it is a set of things that do this special place for many persons.

Besides it does not stop being a visit with certain interest. The Infanta Leonor is a daughter of the Princes of Asturias, but ... will she be at some time A Princess of Asturias?...Also it is interesting to return to Covadonga, in the territorial conflict that lives now Spain ... there is many history
Old 08-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
In Covadonga there join the religious thing, the historical thing, the affective thing ... and an impressive landscape ... it is a set of things that do this special place for many persons.
So her journey to Covadonga must honour everything you so well explained .

That's why I don't believe they will go there just as a compromise or a duty but in an honourable and remarkable occasion!

Felipe wasn't so young as Leonor is... I remember his photos (I believe dressed in the regional costume - batuco or something) and he was around 2 or 3 years old and he had that cute expression of him "Why are you all so excited?!!" I've seen that expression in Leonor in Malloca and thought it was so Felipe's ...

Let's wait and see!

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So her journey to Covadonga must honour everything you so well explained .

That's why I don't believe they will go there just as a compromise or a duty but in an honourable and remarkable occasion!

Felipe wasn't so young as Leonor is... I remember his photos (I believe dressed in the regional costume - batuco or something) and he was around 2 or 3 years old and he had that cute expression of him "Why are you all so excited?!!" I've seen that expression in Leonor in Malloca and thought it was so Felipe's ...

Let's wait and see!

Regards,
mtbcm
You need an explanation on the virgins ... something that in Spain is normal because there are many.

The photo that your you say, is a visit to the Virgin of Pilar, Mistress of Spain, the Virgin of Pilar is in Zaragoza, Province of Aragon, and the regional suit of Aragon is of "baturro". her festivity is October 12, today of the National Day.

The visit to Covadonga was years later, when Juan Carlos already was A King, and the Prince inheritor. I am going to look for some photos, and when I finds put it.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The visit to Covadonga was years later, when Juan Carlos already was A King, and the Prince inheritor. I am going to look for some photos, and when I finds put it.
Oh, please do so!!

If Don Juan Carlos was already King, Don Felipe was already a young boy. His poise and behaviour as well his sisters' is unforgetable during their father big day.

Looking forward to see the pictures.

And thank you for your explanation, bu he was so cute dressed of "baturro" ...

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 08-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh, please do so!!

If Don Juan Carlos was already King, Don Felipe was already a young boy. His poise and behaviour as well his sisters' is unforgetable during their father big day.

Looking forward to see the pictures.

And thank you for your explanation, bu he was so cute dressed of "baturro" ...

Regards,
mtbcm
The words of the King that day, and a photo

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturi...do/index5.html

Following this simple ceremony, Juan Carlos I delivered a brief address in which he stated "In this ceremony, the six century-old tradition that demands that the Heir to the Crown be the Prince of Asturias is consecrated and renewed. My son remains linked to what this region represents and what his position as Heir to the Crown means, which here has been made exact and clear. Therefore, we can say that from this moment on, having received the Cross of Victory, the Prince will feel the moral responsibility of the future King".

http://casl.umd.umich.edu/hum/spanis...ipe.51444c.jpg

And this Hola's photo that you have copied your same one is of this day

King Felipe: Pictures as a Boy and Young Man

Old 09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Scans of the article from "Pronto" magazine. The cover is here.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
"In this ceremony, the six century-old tradition that demands that the Heir to the Crown be the Prince of Asturias is consecrated and renewed. My son remains linked to what this region represents and what his position as Heir to the Crown means, which here has been made exact and clear. Therefore, we can say that from this moment on, having received the Cross of Victory, the Prince will feel the moral responsibility of the future King".

Thank you, lula... your resources are endless it seems .

Is this Cross of Victory somekind of an order, have we seen it (better, should I've seen it) among the other condecorations the Prince uses...

Still, I think this isn't still the moment for Leonor to be presented the same way... but lets hope they consagrate her soon in other sense and maybe, hopefully, after the Succession Law is changed they can return there and do it in the Heir to the Throne way...

Thank you very much for replying the request. Now I'm the one anxious to see the Infanta with her parents in such meaningfull act...

Thank you LaChica for the scans.

Nice close-up of Letizia kissing the King, we've seen a blury image of it and this one is from other side. Nice!

Very thoughtful of you to share it with us. Very much appreciated; I can't get tired of Leonor's photos in her trolley sucking the paci and looking around in a such peaceful way.

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Thank you, lula... your resources are endless it seems .

Is this Cross of Victory somekind of an order, have we seen it (better, should I've seen it) among the other condecorations the Prince uses...

Regards,
mtbcm
The Cross of the Victory is the symbol of Asturias, is not a condecoration, but a symbol. It is a cross of wood that one the King Alfonso III in the S.X ordered to cover of gold and precious stones; according to the legend with this cross of wood the first Asturian king, Pelayo began in Covadonga the Reconquest.
The cross forms a part of the flag of Asturias. The Prince has taken this cross in many socasiones, proque Prince of Asturias forms a part of the emblem of the Foundation. Also the Princess of Asturias has taken her, in Asturias the reproduction of this cross, is a very habitual and traditional jewel for the women.

In this web you have information in spanish
http://www4.ayto-oviedo.es/es/laCiud...erromanico.php

Here is Letizia with the cross
Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 1: November 2003 - July 2007
Old 09-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...wn_1065793.htm

Princes are present in Ibiza at the wedding of a friend of the Inheritor in the epoch of Georgetown

The Princes of Asturias were present today, together with the Infanta Leonor, at the wedding of the Germans Cristoher Von Reiche, friend of the Inheritor of the epoch of the University of Georgetown, and Bianca Labriola informed in San's Rafael parish of Ibiza.

The Prince, who coincided with Von Reiche at the beginning of the 90s, when he was dealing a Máster in International Relations in the American university, was the manager of realizing the first reading of the ceremony, in which he recited a passage of the 'Génesis''.

One gives the circumstance of which Von Reiche was one of the witnesses of the link of don Felipe and dona Letizia, on celebrated May 22, 2004 in the Cathedral of The Almudena of Madrid.

To the ceremony in Ibiza, which was informed in English and which took place to the midday, they came about a hundred of guests, who did not conceal their curiosity and satisfaction for the presence of the members of the Spanish Royal Family.

The wedding was presided by the Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, which was a rector of the University of Georgetown.

From terra

The Princes of Asturias with their daughter, the infanta Leonor, greet the friend of Don Felipe of the university of Georgetown, Christopher von Reiche, moments after he was marrying with his wife Bianca Labriola, in the parish of San's Rafael from Ibiza locality. The Prince exercised of witness in the ceremony in the same way that von Reiche was doing in that of Don Felipe and Dona Letizia.