Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 25: June - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread for the current events of the Prince and Princess of Asturias.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/principes_cultura_presiden_entrega_premio_940349.htm

Princes preside tomorrow at delivery reward Culture 2006 to physicist

The Princes of Asturias and of Viana, don Felipe and dona Letizia, will preside tomorrow in Javier's of Navarre locality at the delivery of the Prize ' Prince of Viana ' of the Culture 2006 to the physicist Javier Tejada Palacios.

The act, which moves in this Leyre's edition to the cradle of the boss of Navarre on the occasion of the V Centenario of Francisco de Javier's birth, will be opened the public and will possess the intervention in the musical parts of the Escolanía Loyola, of Pamplona, and the Set of String and Ensemble de Chirimías Miguel de Arrózpide.

At the end of the act there will be projected the audio-visual one that synthesizes the deliveries of the Prize celebrated from 1990, all of them in Leyre's monastery except the correspondent to 1998, which took place in Viana's city.
(...)

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?Id=29332

Valdés shows his" more intense brushstrokes " in Queen Sofia

As a " point and followed " Manolo Valdés defines the exhibition in which the Museum Queen Sofia does a revision for the last twenty-five years of the artist considered as one of the creators most distinguished from the artistic current panorama and from major international projection.

Though it is difficult to summarize his intense activity in 86 works, the exhibition, which the Princes of Asturias will inaugurate next Tuesday and on which the artist spoke during an interview with Efe, reflects of explicit form Valdés's labor with brushstrokes of the most intense moments of his rich creative universe, removed from conventions.
(...)

Tomorrow they will go to Navarra? We will see if Letizia is wearing red colour again;)

We have to thanks Elsa M. who is a great animator of the Princes of Asturias 's thread.

Does somebody know if there is a transmission in tv ?

Hola has published a few more photos from the Exhibition "De Cranach a Monet" and from yesterday's inauguration of Exporta, pointing out the new trend of Princess Letizia, accessorizing her outfits with multi-coloured pearl necklaces.

With the arrival of Summer, the showiest accessories have started to appear, for the first time, in the public appearances of Princess Letizia. Although, until now, the Princess of Asturias’ style was usually sober and simple, in her most recent appearances, Doña Letizia has adopted a bolder and sexier look, playing with embroiders, transparencies and jewellery.

Her liking for accessories is not recent though. She’s always had a very cared image, regarding footwear and purses (her favourite accessories), as well as jewels, but until now, her jewellery was mainly made of earrings, bracelets and gold necklaces, sometimes white pearls, but not knick-knack pieces, like the black and white (with a kind of rosary resemblance) or the colourful one she used yesterday.

And now, after this little style revolution, we may ask Doña Letizia to take a lift with the Ascot spirit, that has affected all Europe, and use a hat in one of her future appearances…

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/06/21/letizia-thyssen/

Last edited:
http://www.ultimahora.es/menorca/seg...-1+2013+363944

The Chamber of Trade invites the Princes of Asturias to its Centenary

Magda Pons Quintana-Palliser: " We Are dependent on their answer; we rely on them "

J. L. GARCÍA LLAGÜES The Chamber of Trade of Minorca aspires to rely on the participation of the Princes of Asturias forthwith institutional that it should open the program of activities designed to commemorate the centenary of the managerial association.
(...)

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/principes_asturias_javier_premio_principe_941465.htm

The Princes of Asturias and of Viana will preside today in Javier at the delivery of the Prize ' Prince of Viana ' of the Culture to the scientist Javier Tejada Palacios.

The act, which moves in this Leyre's edition to the cradle of the boss of Navarre on the occasion of the V Centenary of Francisco de Javier's birth, will be opened the public.

The Princes arrive at Javier for the delivery from the Prince de Viana 2006 The Tiled physicist Javier will receive the maximum award of the Navarrese culture

The Princes de Asturias and of Viana, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, have arrived at 11:30 hours to the Navarrese locality from Javier to preside over the delivery of the Prize “Prince of Viana” of the Culture 2006 to the Tiled physicist Javier Palaces. After arriving at the cradle of the pattern of Navarre, place to which the act in this edition in the occasion of the Centennial V of the birth of Francisco has been transferred de Javier, the Princes were received by the president of the leasehold Government, Miguel Sanz, who presented/displayed to them later to the main civilian authorities and military of the community.

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/noticia.asp?not=2006062201110995&dia=20060622&seccion=navarra

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wirefeeds/wcup/6580936.html

The Princes of Asturias will be present at the game of 1/8

Mannheim (Germany), 22 jun (EFE) .-The Princes of Asturias, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz, will rest to the Spanish selection on the game of 1/8 of the World Championship of Germany 2006 that will play 27 in Hannover or 26 in Colonia.

As reports the web page of the Spanish Federation of Football (RFEF), the Princes of Asturias will be again together with the national team, since they did in the début against Ukraine in Leipzig.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/noticia.asp?not=2006062213123246&dia=20060622&seccion=navarra

The Prince of Asturias went today to Navarre, along with Princess Letizia, to deliver the Prince of Viana Award 2006 to the physicist Javier Tejada. Don Felipe de Borbón emphasized Tejada’s "permanent restlessness" and eagerness to "to know more and to help those who surround him with his knowledge and analysis", which makes him "a man committed to the society of his own time, committed to the fight against oppression and intolerance, violence and terrorism, the inequitable distribution of wealth and against the great injustices undergone throughout the world".

Don Felipe aimed that Javier Tejada is "a Navarrese scientist of international reputation, that gathers his important and distinguished professional task with the valuable and rare virtue of being a great communicator, a man worried to transmit the most intricate scientific postulates to citizens, by means of simple and clear expressions".

Don Felipe congratulated the scientist "not only for his important merits, but also for his open spirit, which impels him to share his knowledge and analysis with everybody, which confers him a deserved position of great relief in the cultural scope".

The Prince made also a reference to Saint Francisco Xavier, in the year we celebrate the 5th Centennial of his birth and emphasized, in his native town, that he was " such a universal Navarrese figure, an extraordinary man, of a great spiritual depth, an admirable vital impulse and a generosity without limits and owner of a perception of our world, like place where esteem and respect for the different people, races and beliefs must coexist".

Last edited:
I hope that we are going to have better shots of Viana, because those of Diario de navarra arn't quiet good.

Yesterday, neither the pics were not fery famous. I find, but may be it's an unbiased interpretation of my part that " Face to face " is not the best agency for the Spain Royal Familyparticulary for the inside shots, for isntance in the Gasparini hall.

My opinion is obviously partial :p :p

Last edited:
adelaide said:
I hope that we are going to have better shots of Viana, because those of Diario de navarra arn't quiet good.

Yesterday, neither the pics were not fery famous. I find, but may be it's an unbiased interpretation of my part that " Face to face " is not the best agency for the Spain Royal Familyparticulary for the inside shots, sor isntance in the Gasparini hall.

I once had access to EFE and it's a treasure trove of photos of the SRF, as you could imagine; but now access is for professionals only.

As for today, I'm not expecting many photos. If I am not mistaken, Javier is a pretty tiny place up in the mountains. Not exactly a central location.

adelaide said:

These photos are captured of the television, surely later put more photos but of photographer;)

From navarra.es

Last edited:
They have change the location of the award this year???? because I remembered past years the delivery was outdors? nobody knows?

lis said:
They have change the location of the award this year???? because I remembered past years the delivery was outdors? nobody knows?

Yes, they have changed place. Normally the act was in Leyre's Monasterio, this year they have moved it to Javier's Castle, because there is celebrated the V Aniversary of the birth of San Francisco Javier, "patron" of Navarra and there are many commemorative acts.

Where are the photos?????:confused:

Last edited:
http://es.news.yahoo.com/22062006/4/resumen-don-felipe-califica-javier-tejada-premio-principe-viana-hombre.html

At the end of the act (around 1:00 PM), the Princes visit the exhibition 'Saint Francisco Xavier in the arts. The power of the image', and afterwards they went to the outside of the Spirituality Centre, where a appetizer was served. After it, they will go to the Hotel Xavier, where they will preside over a lunch, attended by one hundred people.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principe_asturias_honra_descender_reyes_942077.htm

Although today’s ceremony did not include the traditional and touching tribute to the kings of Navarre, which takes place every year in the Monastery of San Salvador de Leire, the Escolanía de Loyola borrowed solemnity to the act with its warm interpretations, which ended with the hymn of San Francisco Javier.

Before having lunch with near one hundred guests, the Princes visited the exhibition 'San Francisco Xavier in the Arts: the power of the image', which was inaugurated last April, by the King and Queen.

During the displacement from the Castle to the Jasso Room, the Princes greeted the citizens who came to Javier, and a woman, who is participating in a Journey about Missionaries, asked them about Infanta Leonor.

Last edited:
From casa real

Attachments

• 1150982848588.jpg
    1150982848588.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 392
Last edited by a moderator:

Don Felipe: "This rice is better than yours"

The day before (my note: before going to Germany), the Princes finalized their visit to the Community of Madrid in Leganés. There, they visited the new center for disabled people, where they were asked for Leonor. "She sends kisses to You all", answered the Princess. The anecdote arrived at the time of taking the rice with milk that students made. After tasting it Prince Felipe said to his wife: "I am sorry, it's better than yours".:)

Wao, im surprised she still have time to cook!!! good for her.

mtbcm said:
In http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia224.htm

Don Felipe: "This rice is better than yours"

The day before (my note: before going to Germany), the Princes finalized their visit to the Community of Madrid in Leganés. There, they visited the new center for disabled people, where they were asked for Leonor. "She sends kisses to You all", answered the Princess. The anecdote arrived at the time of taking the rice with milk that students made. After tasting it Prince Felipe said to his wife: "I am sorry, it's better than yours".:)

I imagine that the Prince said it for being agreeable with the disabled boys .... because if I am his wife I do not turn it to cooking ever... If her grandmother taught to Letizia surely that she makes it rich, it is a very typical dessert of Asturias, but also it is a dessert that has a lot of work. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.navarra.es/home_es/Actualidad/Noticias/Cultura+y+Turismo/2206cu30.htm

Last edited:
Face to Face

Last edited:
The princess is very beautiful. I like much her skirt.:)

Ariel said:
Wao, im surprised she still have time to cook!!! good for her.

We've just found out what she is doing when she doesn't go with him to acts ;).

lula said:
I imagine that the Prince said it for being agreeable with the disabled boys ....

I agree completely with you. He wouldn't take the risk otherwise. But it is very tender from them, Letizia saying that Leonor sent kisses and Felipe praising their cook, sure made them feeling special and that's the point of their visit.

It is my favourite traditional dessert... we also do it in Portugal. Specially on South and Center of the country, in North regions the rice is replaced by angels hair (a type of pasta), and it is very nice too.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

P.S. - Lunalu, I was going to say the same thing about the bouquet, and goes very weel with her outfit today, add some colour to it :)

Last edited:
It seems to be a nice event, once again !

I like very much L's bouquet !

(AAAAAAAAAAAAH, I can't believe it, I just joined the "Aristocracy" club :p :D :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
MORE FROM NAVARRA.ES

Last edited:
Very beautiful indeed! But Poor Letizia she doesn't have any time to be with her daughter!!I have a 6 months year old boy and if my agenda was so full as hers I will be very unhappy!

Has anyone noticed Letizia never crosses her legs? I wonder if this is a Spanish royal rule or practice. Mary crosses her legs all the time, in fact there are pictures of her from yesterday doing so (she has good legs).

From diariodenavarra

Attachments

• 20060622175714133_500.jpg
    20060622175714133_500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 267
  • 20060622175049403_500.jpg
    20060622175049403_500.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
  • 20060622175049405_500.jpg
    20060622175049405_500.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 20060622175049406_500.jpg