Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 25: June - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aryo said:
many thanks for photos.
I saw a clip of girona on TVE. the princes were in factoy.the prince want to shake hand with one of the workers but he showed his hand that were dirty but the prince shaked his head and showed him it is ok for him,then hold his hand and shake.you know tha's why these two are my favourite.
They are wondeful.

i agree, this was what i remembered the most about the visit to Girona. it just goes to show how sincere they are, and that they value their encounters with the people. :)

http://www.diariodecadiz.com/diariodecadiz/articulo.asp?idart=3018227&idcat=823

Dona Letizia also will come on the 4th

San fernando. The Princes of Asturias will preside at the official act of delivery of offices to sergeants in the Subofficials' School that will be celebrated next week. This way was confirming yesterday the Department of Defense of official form Dona Letizia's presence in this military foreseen ceremony next Tuesday, the 4th of July, since already it advanced this newspaper, to accompany her husband, Don Felipe de Borbón.

With this one it will be the second occasion that the Princess of Asturias visits San Fernando on the occasion of this military act, since the first time that did it was newly married, in July, 2004. A visit that raised enormous expectation because it was the first one that there realized the Princess of official form to the province in her member's new condition of the Royal Family.

The Prince, on the other hand, comes to the city every two years, since turna with his father the King, Don Juan Carlos I, the presidency of the above-mentioned military ceremony.
(...)

I love the photos with the kids of Gerona, they look happy and loving with the kids especially the princess,is evident that she loves childrens.
In the dinner she looks fantastic with this dress and the curly hair.

Yesterday, the Princess has given a great range of their varied talents, sometimes very involved of chirdren injured by the nature, sometimes very elegant women, star of an officiel gala diner.

Some cheaply made clothes of Felipe Varela, such as the frumpy dress with the grey jacket in Girona, will be absolutely unacceptable in China IMO ;) :cool:.
Yes the dress was very hugly indeed!!!!! And the jacket, that grey jacket....bahhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
biboquinhas said:
Some cheaply made clothes of Felipe Varela, such as the frumpy dress with the grey jacket in Girona, will be absolutely unacceptable in China IMO ;) :cool:
Yes the dress was very hugly indeed!!!!! And the jacket, that grey jacket....bahhhhhhh

It is not grey, is a green olive :rolleyes:

biboquinhas said:

Letizia continues dressing as much style as always and working far better than other princess ;)

biboquinhas said:

It's always a question of taste because for my part I find Letizia very freshy with this dress, and I don't think it's was inadecuate with the events. It's was, at contrary totaly in accordance with her activities which weren't a gala dinner for which she has mad great elegance.:)

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_asturias_academia_aire_962290.htm

Princes Asturias will deliver on Monday offices Academy of the Air

The Princes of Asturias, accompanied by the minister of Defense, Jose Antonio Alonso, will preside next Monday at the act of delivery of Royal Offices to them near 80 new lieutenants and ensign of the Army of the Air in an act that will take place in the General Academy of the Air, in San Javier (Murcia).

According to sources of Defense, the prince will take charge delivering the office and imposing a decoration to the number one of every promotion of the different bodies to which ensign and lieutenants belong new.

Don Felipe obtained in 1989 the lieutenant's office in this school, to where he will return, accompanied of his wife, to take part in the solemn act, in that both already were in July, 2004.

The act will begin on 11:30, with the arrival of the Princes, which they will inspect a formation of honors before proceeds to the delivery of offices and decorations, to which it will follow a speech of the colonel Rubén García Servet, the director of the General Academy of the Air.

After the interpretation of the anthem of the Army of the Air, the princes will approach the pupils who have received their offices after the traditional moment in which these throw his caps to the air as a sign of joy.
A parade and an act of honoring to those who gave their life for Spain will complete the act, to which it will follow a wine of honor.

As I can see on the agenda of Princes of Asturias the next week is very dedicated to the Militaries schools and for that they have to travel a lot inside Spain.

adelaide said:
As I can see on the agenda of Princes of Asturias the next week is very dedicated to the Militaries schools and for that they have to travel a lot inside Spain.

Every year in July the Kings and the Princes distribute these military acts. The Princes will visit this week Zaragoza, Murcia and Cadiz, much travels.

In the agenda it does not appear but next weekend the Pope visits Valencia and the Royal Family will be also there. I would like to know if they are going to take Leonor to Valencia also, because I want to see her, besides it is the " World meeting of the families ";)

lula said:
In the agenda it does not appear but next weekend the Pope visits Valencia and the Royal Family will be also there. I would like to know if they are going to take Leonor to Valencia also, because I want to see her, besides it is the " World meeting of the families ";)

In the last visit of Pope Jean Paul II http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/20317-post11.html we could see some of Infanta Cristina children..so this year I think that we could see Infanta Leonor near to Pope Benedicto XVI:eek:

It would be great if all the little children could be at valence for the visite of Pope benoit XVI.

For the last visite of Pope Jean paul II the Dukes of Palma were here with all their children and I think that the last one wasn't very older as Leonor today.
Wait and see.

Last edited:
It would be lovely to see the Pope with little ones. He was very interested in the "creature" in Letizia's bumb when the Kings visited him in the summer.:D

What a good memory, LCM, in any case it would be great to see all the Spain Royal Family at a meeting with the Pope.

Do you know when began th gala this night at Luxembourg?

Last edited:
I haven't seen any pictures of Felipe or Letizia at the Luxembourg celebrations. I don't think they came unless they did an excellent job of hiding from the photographers! Does anybody know if they're still in Spain?

I fear the worst :confused: because we can see the Duke of Lugo - Elena very elegant with her dress of Oscar de la Renta wore yet for a gala dinner in Spain en July 2004.

I don't know when Felipe is going to this kind of act if an other member of the Spain Royal Family is going too, as the Princes of Belgium for example.

me neither....it is so a shame if they did not show up

I´ve read that they would go, but no pics yet :( Something happened? To explain their posible absence and the fact that Elena was there?

I don't think all the photos are out yet. There are still many royals who are expected to be at the gala but still no pix yet.

They have a baby at home and they are gone almost every day of the week. With their workschedule I am not surprised they did not go to another event. And another busy week coming up.

grevinnan said:
They have a baby at home and they are gone almost every day of the week. With their workschedule I am not surprised they did not go to another event. And another busy week coming up.

I'm sharing totaly your opinion. As we can see their agenda, it could be totaly extravagant, even if I wish strongly to see Letizia in gown, that they were going yesterday night in Luxembourg.

The Princes are not machine, and they work so hard that they need to rest a little, and with their litlle girl; it's very important for the baby to see her fathers time by time, isen't it.

The two next weeks will be extremely busy for the Princes, it's very understable that they choosed to rest EVEN IF, for the fans, as me, it's a pity to can't see at the Princess in gown.:eek:

Nevertheless, I find that the Dukes of Lugo were very representative of Spain Royal Family, Infanta Elena very elegant withe her dress of Oscar de La Renta.

It is sort of strange, just because he said they were going and that happened a week before, so they changed their plans in the meantime. I dont think it is the fact they were tired as they know their schedule in advance and know how these things goes. In order to Elena and her husband to go in their place, i can imagine, they knew at least few days in advance that they were not going. I just dont think it is something serious as they looked pretty good on the lunche they had with the president of Philipines.

Ariel said:
It is sort of strange, just because he said they were going and that happened a week before, so they changed their plans in the meantime. I dont think it is the fact they were tired as they know their schedule in advance and know how these things goes. In order to Elena and her husband to go in their place, i can imagine, they knew at least few days in advance that they were not going. I just dont think it is something serious as they looked pretty good on the lunche they had with the president of Philipines.

;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/468069-post275.html

Ariel said:

Right and I hope so:eek:

adelaide said:
Right and I hope so:eek:

Congratulations to you and Elsa for the victories of France and Portugal on the world cup! Who knows and Felipe wanted to stay home to see the game!! just kidding :)

Do you know if Laura Ponte have already given birth to her daughter? Maybe there were some difficulties (hopefully not) and they wanted to stay with Beltran and her... Moreover, yesterday little Luis, wose godfather is Felipe, celebrated his first birthday...:confused:

Ariel said:
... In order to Elena and her husband to go in their place, i can imagine, they knew at least few days in advance that they were not going...quote]

Not really... Elena could have been send to Luxembourg in the last minute. Actually, looking to Elena's pics i have that feeling, she repeated a dress (not common in her) and her hair wasn´t properly done (as she loves to do it in this ocasions). Even yesterday, EFE said that the Princes would be in Luxembourg late that day and EFE is a very good source about spanish royal news.

So, i belive that was a strong reason for their absence yesterday, and as Ariel said, lets hope that's all ok with hem and little Leonor! Or that pics of them will appear :)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Do you know if Laura Ponte have already given birth to her daughter? Maybe there were some difficulties (hopefully not) and they wanted to stay with Beltran and her... Moreover, yesterday little Luis, wose godfather is Felipe, celebrated his first birthday...:confused:

I've read somewhere that she gave birth yesterday by c-section (something about Laura wanted to have their children sharing their birthday, so she would have booked a c-section for yesterday). But didn't saw anything thing else about it, so i don´t know if it's true :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom