The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
In http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...noticia224.htm

Don Felipe: "This rice is better than yours"

The day before (my note: before going to Germany), the Princes finalized their visit to the Community of Madrid in Leganés. There, they visited the new center for disabled people, where they were asked for Leonor. "She sends kisses to You all", answered the Princess. The anecdote arrived at the time of taking the rice with milk that students made. After tasting it Prince Felipe said to his wife: "I am sorry, it's better than yours".:)
I imagine that the Prince said it for being agreeable with the disabled boys .... because if I am his wife I do not turn it to cooking ever... If her grandmother taught to Letizia surely that she makes it rich, it is a very typical dessert of Asturias, but also it is a dessert that has a lot of work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.navarra.es/home_es/Actual...o/2206cu30.htm

Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Courtier

Face to Face

Old 06-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Face to Face

Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

The princess is very beautiful. I like much her skirt.:)
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Wao, im surprised she still have time to cook!!! good for her.
We've just found out what she is doing when she doesn't go with him to acts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I imagine that the Prince said it for being agreeable with the disabled boys ....
I agree completely with you. He wouldn't take the risk otherwise. But it is very tender from them, Letizia saying that Leonor sent kisses and Felipe praising their cook, sure made them feeling special and that's the point of their visit.

It is my favourite traditional dessert... we also do it in Portugal. Specially on South and Center of the country, in North regions the rice is replaced by angels hair (a type of pasta), and it is very nice too.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

P.S. - Lunalu, I was going to say the same thing about the bouquet, and goes very weel with her outfit today, add some colour to it :)
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

It seems to be a nice event, once again !

I like very much L's bouquet !

(AAAAAAAAAAAAH, I can't believe it, I just joined the "Aristocracy" club :p :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

MORE FROM NAVARRA.ES

Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very beautiful indeed! But Poor Letizia she doesn't have any time to be with her daughter!!I have a 6 months year old boy and if my agenda was so full as hers I will be very unhappy!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Nobility

Has anyone noticed Letizia never crosses her legs? I wonder if this is a Spanish royal rule or practice. Mary crosses her legs all the time, in fact there are pictures of her from yesterday doing so (she has good legs).
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

From diariodenavarra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175714133_500.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	250922   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175049403_500.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	250923   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175049405_500.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	250924   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175049406_500.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	250925  

Name:	20060622175049408_500.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	250926   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175714131_500.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	250927   Click image for larger version

Name:	20060622175714132_500.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	250928  
Old 06-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
Has anyone noticed Letizia never crosses her legs? I wonder if this is a Spanish royal rule or practice. Mary crosses her legs all the time, in fact there are pictures of her from yesterday doing so (she has good legs).
The " polite well girls " must not cross the legs if they take skirt, especially in public acts and if they are in the first row. It is in the habit of considering to be more polite and elegant to support the united legs and the straight back.

Another photo from face to face
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00978831.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	250932  
Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
It's proper etiquette for a lady to sit with her legs together either in front of her or off to one side rather than crossed. Not to mention that it is bad for you circulation in the legs and bad for your lower back as it throws your spine out of alignment.
At least this is what they taught me in etiquette class and what my chiropractor tells me.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
[CENTER]In

Don Felipe: "This rice is better than yours"

The day before (my note: before going to Germany), the Princes finalized their visit to the Community of Madrid in Leganés. There, they visited the new center for disabled people, where they were asked for Leonor. "She sends kisses to You all", answered the Princess. The anecdote arrived at the time of taking the rice with milk that students made. After tasting it Prince Felipe said to his wife: "I am sorry, it's better than yours".:)
Then, "honey" YOU can make it next time! ;-)
Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Thanks Lula for the answers... Letzia looks gorgeous in that skirt... I have always loved how she had dressed for this act... the time go by so fast I can not believe this is her third award
Old 06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The " polite well girls " must not cross the legs if they take skirt, especially in public acts and if they are in the first row. It is in the habit of considering to be more polite and elegant to support the united legs and the straight back
I'm totaly agree with you. I have noticed that yet and I remember that I maid some posts about the point of the etiquette. It was during the christianing of the danish Crown Princes. I have to confess that it was the Princess Mary who did and I said it was totaly uncorrect....:o

I have always though that Letizia has a very good bearing

To day if find the princes very handsome and smiliing but they look a little bite tired and they didn't take their holididays sooner...

Many thanks Lula for this shot
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1150994585

The Letizia look and smile have something very extraordinary and indefinabla. This pic is a total illustration of her special glance.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Then, "honey" YOU can make it next time! ;-)
Well said Oh, these Spanish machos...

Old 06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

i saw a man in most of princes and kings act.you can see him in the 3rd and 4th pics of diariodenavarra.who is he?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
i saw a man in most of princes and kings act.you can see him in the 3rd and 4th pics of diariodenavarra.who is he?
He is Ricardo Díez Hotchleiner the General Secretary of the House of His Majesty the King
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The " polite well girls " must not cross the legs if they take skirt, especially in public acts and if they are in the first row. It is in the habit of considering to be more polite and elegant to support the united legs and the straight back.

Another photo from face to face
Just to add to this...it's not a "royal" rule, it's just standard "lady-like" etiquette. Mary is not the only Crown Princess to cross her legs, Mette Marit does too, for example, but it's really not proper etiquette--or it wasn't considered so in the past. I think Diana was the one who started crossing her legs, but I could be wrong.

In any case, I love Letizia's suit and I adore this photo -- look at her face as he walks back to his chair:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1150994585

And this one:
http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=505pq.jpg
Old 06-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

thanks lula.
the princess dress is lovely but her hair isn't good for this act.we saw better hairdo's before.but we compare these 3 years,i like the 1st year dress more than others except that last year i was happy to see her bump in that dress.
anyway i am looking forward for 30th times.
i can't wait to see all of them on saturday hopefully with all children esp. infanta leonor.