Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 24: June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go against popular opinion and say that I don't really like this dress on Letizia. I've seen Letizia wear much better. I love the shoes and necklace though!

soCal girl said:
I'm going to go against popular opinion and say that I don't really like this dress on Letizia. I've seen Letizia wear much better. I love the shoes and necklace though!

It's totaly your right dear friend, as every body say tastes and colours are the things the less shared, but that it should be interesting it's to know why you don't like this dress, because when the Princess is dressed as a working woman, we can say she want to look so " pro ", when she is wearing the " Varela outfit" pattern in different colors we can heard " what a bore", when she is in pants, she is not quiet real, when she find some spring dress, " oh my God, she want playing the collegian" and so on....:p

As we can see, the Princess is doing a fantastic effort to avoid a never-ending jacket/dress in various colours. Now she is wearing outfits, suits, jackets with straight dress or large one, with design material or self colored cloth, the she has taken a very risquy attitude to extend a lot her wardrobe, keeping on her mind the idea that she may be elegant, discreat and she has to avoid to put the Prince in shade;)

Plus, for me Letizia is doing a great step in accepting to wear more jewelles which make her quiet more feminine, it's not an euphemism :p

So, please if you don't like somthing that the princess is wearing, it will be so intresting to know why now she is doing so effort to vary her wardrobe, isen't it ?

Last edited:
adelaide said:
It's totaly your right dear friend, as every body say tastes and colours are the things the less shared, but that it should be interesting it's to know why you don't like this dress, because when the Princess is dressed as a working woman, we can say she want to look so " pro ", when she is wearing the " Varela outfit" pattern in different colors we can heard " what a bore", when she is in pants, she is not quiet real, when she find some spring dress, " oh my God, she want playing the collegian" and so on....:p

As we can see, the Princess is doing a fantastic effort to avoid a never-ending jacket/dress in various colours. Now she is wearing outfits, suits, jackets with straight dress or large one, with design material or self colored cloth, the she has taken a very risquy attitude to extend a lot her wardrobe, keeping on her mind the idea that she may be elegant, discreat and she has to avoid to put the Prince in shade;)

Plus, for me Letizia is doing a great step in accepting to wear more jewelles which make her quiet more feminine, it's not an euphemism :p

So, please if you don't like somthing that the princess is wearing, it will be so intresting to know why now she is doing so effort to vary her wardrobe, isen't it ?

For some reason I just find the fit off. I understand why Letizia might have worn it though. A dress, with those kind of lines, are designed to make a woman look taller. Letizia is a gorgeous woman, no doubt about that, but I just didn't like the dress on her. I preferred the other black lacey dress that she wore with the peep-toe heels.

I like Letizia and think she dresses great. I just found this dress not to my liking.

From face to face

Last edited:
Images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00162157.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162157.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 140
  • pre-SEEGER00162159.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162159.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
I personnaly don't like the ecklace at all!! But I find the dress tremendously stunning!!!

I like very much the style of Letizia, the dress fits perfect on her and the necklace and the shoes are very nice.

Prince de Asturias insisted today to the Spanish companies to look for new markets on his exports with the purpose of taking advantage of the opportunities that offer the emergent countries or of greater economic growth and to reduce to the dependency of the economic cycle of the States members of the UE, that receives 75% of the shipments.

“It turns out essential to actively look for a diversification of the markets of destiny of the exports”, asserted Prince, accompanied of Doña Letizia Ortiz, in the inauguration of VII the edition of the fair Exports, organized by the Spanish Institute of Comercio Exterior (ICEX).

http://www.finanzas.com/id.9085109/noticias/noticia.htm

clymène said:
I personnaly don't like the ecklace at all!! But I find the dress tremendously stunning!!!
I would have prefered the dress without the black line on the middle (in the front part), the necklace is very nice, what i can see with this outfit is that she is starting to take more risks and using trendy outfits. (which some may like or not, but that doesnt really matter). It is good to see her changing herself with new outfits, hairdos and jewlery.

Princes of Asturias

Lunch with vice-presidents and members of the Council Adviser of the Managerial Federation of Madrid-CEOE
Sede of the CEIM. Madrid

from terra and www.casareal.es

Attachments

• 72080b5d41027g.jpg
    72080b5d41027g.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 1150819800421.jpg
    1150819800421.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 323
I absolutely adore her yesterday's outfit. In fact I don't think that it was a dress, it looked like a light white coat or sth like that wearing on a black dress without sleeves with a belt. Necklace seems to be fantastic as well, pity we can't see it better. Anyway, she looked treamendously stunning yesterday:)

Small images from lfi

239087602ma.jpg
239087411ta.jpg
239087422mb.jpg
239087434se.jpg
239087444zd.jpg
239087457cz.jpg
239087467mz.jpg
239087471ct.jpg
239087485jd.jpg
239087495xn.jpg

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena you are right, it's not very interesting to analyse point by point the buttons of the outfit.

We have to notice one thing very psychologically important, the Princess is able to put herself in question for her appearence; only for that we might to appreciate her great sens of the improvment. If we stay on the verge of the Letizia's hem dress we can have very long thread ( may be ) but not fascinating....

It will be more relevant, and I'm looking for, to know how the Princes'visites of the suburbs of Madrid are lived by the serious press and good connoissors of the Spain Royal House, for example. I say because that because this thread is for the current events of the Princes and not only for the wardrobe of the princess for whom we have at leats four tread ( Shoes and purse- hairdo- jewels and recycling dresses)........

Last edited:
Has anyone read anything in spanish press about the attendance to the Luxembourg silver wedding. On the benelux board the royal reporter in a dutch paper has gotten a "for now" guestlist which includes all the Crown Prince Couples (not Victoria) but Felipe is listed as going alone, but knowing he does not seem to like to mingel with european royals at all this days, maybe his mum will go;) Certainly it would be very insulting to his wife if he goes alone, I can not really belive it is true and hope it is a mistake
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1150730968.html
translation of the guestlist
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1150743581.html

From Alfaqui

Last edited:
I hope that they go. I do not understand because the prince must go single.:confused:

Larzen said:
Has anyone read anything in spanish press about the attendance to the Luxembourg silver wedding. On the benelux board the royal reporter in a dutch paper has gotten a "for now" guestlist which includes all the Crown Prince Couples (not Victoria) but Felipe is listed as going alone, but knowing he does not seem to like to mingel with european royals at all this days, maybe his mum will go;) Certainly it would be very insulting to his wife if he goes alone, I can not really belive it is true and hope it is a mistake
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1150730968.html
translation of the guestlist
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1150743581.html

I had read it, but it seems to me to be very strange, because they go always together. The Prince only has travelled only to Latin America, because they were very long and heavy trips, and Letizia still was with Leonor that was very young. But recently they have been with the Jordanian Royal Family in the days before the wedding of the Prince Hashem.

Bearing the type of act in mind, the normal thing is that they were the two, I imagine that already we will see it in the agenda on friday. Probably this list has a mistake. :confused:

It's not the first time that there are mistake on this kind of lists, let us remember the christianing of the son of the Princes of Norway. Obviously it's a mistake, because it's totally impossible, except if the Princess might to refuse the invitation, that the Prince would be invited whithout his wife. An evident question of protocol!

Many thanks Idt20 for the video. Felipe is not very audible, but the couple seems very attentive to the participants and Letizia looks totaly at ease in this kind of encounter.

Last edited:
adelaide said:
It's not the first time that there are mistake on this kind of lists, let us remember the christianing of the son of the Princes of Norway. Obviously it's a mistake, because it's totally impossible, except if the Princess might to refuse the invitation, that the Prince would be invited whithout his wife. An evident question of protocol!
What mistake was there in the guestlist of the christening of Prince Sverre Magnus:confused: As I said I thought it was very strange and I think it must be a mistake because obiously he would not be invited alone, but the respected reporter said he got the list from the Luxembourg court, that was why I asked if it had been written anything about it in the spanish press.

Larzen said:
What mistake was there in the guestlist of the christening of Prince Sverre Magnus:confused: As I said I thought it was very strange and I think it must be a mistake because obiously he would not be invited alone, but the respected reporter said he got the list from the Luxembourg court, that was why I asked if it had been written anything about it in the spanish press.

No commentary, I believe that the press knows not that this party exists, at the moment. They are more worried by other acts as the luncheon by Kirchner, the visit of the Pope or the trips to China and Israel.
Every Friday there is publicized the agenda of next week, so already we will see it. But it continues seeming to me to be very strange, if the Prince goes, the Princess goes, unless there is a very important reason. The act is a weekend and in Luxembourg that is not very far, there are no seemingly reasons in order that Letizia does not go. The only thing that has some type of celebration or act in Spain. Already we will see.

FROM DEADLINE

Last edited:
Larzen said:

I understand very well your sentence, I didn't rememeber very well the Prince Sverre Magnus's case, but it was also something like that Felipe was invited and not Letizia, but in fact the Princes's agenda was totaly busy.

I can't imagine that the Luxembourg Court, which is not the archetype of the most inflexible expression of princely rules, could to forget to invite the wife of the Crown Prince of Spain, it should be an offense against the Princess but even more against the Spain Crown and the Royal family. It's the reason why, for me, it's obviously a mistake, except if it's the Princess who herself has refused to go with her husband, but it's seem for me totally hypothetical.

lula said:
They are more worried by other acts as the luncheon by Kirchner, the visit of the Pope or the trips to China and Israel.
Do you know when they are going to Israel?

http://es.news.yahoo.com/20062006/185/principe-asume-compromiso-servicio-desarrollo-economico-social.html

The Prince of Asturias reassumed today his personal commitment "to the economic and social development of Spain" and to the "constant improvement of the standard of life of all the Spaniards", at the inauguration of the 7th edition of Exporta 2006.

During his speech, the Prince remembered the necessity to affect the competitiveness of the Spanish companies, in order to avoid a growing gap between Spain and its surrounding countries. Don Felipe defended the marketing strategies (the main goal of this edition of Exporta) to improve the competitiveness and the diversification of destinies of the Spanish exportations, since nowadays 75% of the total exports stay in the European Union.

Besides, Don Felipe spoke as well about the importance of the human capital, by emphasizing that this edition of Exporta offers information and formation in a total of 40 factories and that, during the international meeting of the companies, they will find advise about the Commercial Administration of the State.

At the end of the inauguration, the Princes went to the headquarters of the CEIM, to have a work lunch with the vice-presidents and members of the Advisory Council of the Enterprise Confederation of Madrid-CEOE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom