The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess if they had a planned act on the 12th it means they wont be going to the Diamond Jubilee of the King of Thailand, a pitty they never seems to attend royal gatherings.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Im not sure about this. We dont know if there are other members of the srf that will go.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I guess if they had a planned act on the 12th it means they wont be going to the Diamond Jubilee of the King of Thailand, a pitty they never seems to attend royal gatherings.
It is a shame, but I thought that the King and Queen were attending, therefore it would be highly unlikely that Felipe and Letizia would attend.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I know that every events that the Princes of Asturias went are important, but, i just wonder why they couldn't slip in these royal gatherings. Yes, the Princes of Asturias has different agenda with the Kings, and they rarely attend events abroad together. But, why oh why?
I'm quite dissapointed hearing they wont attend the King of Thailand's jubilee celebration. After not attending the King of Sweden's 60th birthday, they also won't attend the next royal gatherings??
Well, i'm losing hope on seeing them with other royals...
Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Why would they not be able to attend the King of Thailand's jubilee?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

I thought that it was some kind of rule that says that both the King and Prince cannot be out of the country at the same time.

I've heard this before but I'm not 100% sure it is true.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
I thought that it was some kind of rule that says that both the King and Prince cannot be out of the country at the same time.

I've heard this before but I'm not 100% sure it is true.
Yes, there are some security reasons, or sth like that. I would also love to see them with other young royals. If they don't go to Thailand, maybe we will see them in other occasions, like Princess Victoria's wedding (when oh when). Hope we won't wait too long...

Old 05-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

For what I can remember regarding the Spanish Royal Family, the King usually only leaves the country to attend events like anniversaries and funerals, but I don't remember seeing him at a wedding (unless the ones of the Greek Royal Family, as far as I can remember).
Old 05-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am going to try to explain it.

This type of acts, they are festive celebrations, are official a bit particular acts. Every Royal House has its own rules.

Normally there is tried that the King and the Prince do not do many united trips for safety questions. Only they do it in familiar events or of Royal Families with those who have a very nearby relation.

The law of the equal ones follows. The King travels only to weddings,birthday, funeral or anniversaries of other Kings ... of his equal ones. One is in the habit of the same thing continuing with the rest of the family. Each one goes to those acts of the that are equal to them.
Normally if even act the King comes, the Prince does not come. Because they can´t travel in the same plane, mess is too much. Then the Queen and the Infantas can travel with any of them.
To the acts it is in the habit of coming more or less members of the Family, depending on the relation that exists with the Royal Family or from which members of the Family could travel.

Besides, if they are not very important acts how weddings or funeral, normally, the assistance of some member of the family depends on the agenda of acts in Spain.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

But the King is not going, he is not listed among the monarchs who has accepted an invitation, the monarchs are listed and the rest are sending representatives, including Spain. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/403732-post19.html

Before Felipe married he attended many royal gatherings abroad, and his agenda was just as busy then, even something as "insignificant" as Princess Victorias 25th birthday, you have to agree that sine his marriage there has been a change. You usually manage to attend what you want to attend, and this celebration is not comming from blue sky we have heared about it for a year already.

And taking two plains how is that a mess, you just order two tickets (Im sure he has someone to do it for him), this is the same in all the other houses excpet the Dutch where they dont seem to have a trouble loading, 1,2,3 and 4th in line on the same plane
Old 05-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
But the King is not going, he is not listed among the monarchs who has accepted an invitation, the monarchs are listed and the rest are sending representatives, including Spain. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/403732-post19.html

Before Felipe married he attended many royal gatherings abroad, and his agenda was just as busy then, even something as "insignificant" as Princess Victorias 25th birthday, you have to agree that sine his marriage there has been a change. You usually manage to attend what you want to attend, and this celebration is not comming from blue sky we have heared about it for a year already.

And taking two plains how is that a mess, you just order two tickets (Im sure he has someone to do it for him), this is the same in all the other houses excpet the Dutch where they dont seem to have a trouble loading, 1,2,3 and 4th in line on the same plane
The Kings have travelled recently to Thailand in Visit of State. It will be necessary to wait to know the one who comes.

Not if you have read evil or I have explained badly. Like the King goes to the birthday of a King. The prince inheritor goes to the birthday of a Princess inheritor. Each one goes to the acts of that one that is like he. Like the King went to Rainiero's funeral, and the Queen to that of the Great Duchess of Luxembourg.

On the topic of travelling together, it depends on the safety measures that exist in every Royal Household, in case of the Spanish Royal Household these measures are more strict. And it is very habitual that King and inheritor do not travel together.
Certainly, the Kings and Princes I me imagine that to this type of acts travel in private flights, and not in normal planes. And one more plane if it costs a lot of money.

On the acts to which the Prince comes, I believe that he comes to the same acts that he was representing before.

- To the Danish baptism he did not come because ihe had to travel to latin America, and this trip are fundamental and priority part of his work.
- To the Norwegian baptism, I believe that only there came those who they were godfathers, and some member of the neighboring countries.
- To the Swedish birthday the Kings came, therefore the Princes were not going to go.

The Princes came to the wedding of the major son of Hussein and Noor in their honeymoon, and also they travelled to Jordannia to celebrate with the family the days before the wedding of the second one.
The Prince has come to several funeral of Arabic Princes.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3331

Dinner - delivery of the " Premis Cambra 2006 ", granted by the Chamber of Trade of Terrassa

Terrassa Recinto (Barcelona), on May 31 2006

It will be presided by Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside at the act of delivery of the sixth edition of these awards, which grants the Chamber of Terrassa's Trade - coinciding with 120 anniversary of its creation, the most ancient of Catalonia and the third one of Spain-, to recognize the management, effort and dedication of the companies of the zone in the following six categories: Internationalization, Innovation, Sostenibilidad, Managerial Formation, Trade, Services and Tourism, and New Entrepreneurs

http://www.eleconomista.es/mercados-...rasa-2006.html

Princes Asturias deliver prizes Chamber Terrasa 2006

The Princes of Asturias have presided in Terrassa at the delivery of the Premis Cambra 2006 in an act that has assembled to near eight hundred businessmen and that has possessed the representatives' presence of the Government, the Autonomous government of Catalonia and of Terrassa's Town hall.

The Prince of Asturias has emphasized the importance of the awards granted by the Cambra de Terrassa, which they recognize " the decisive role of our companies for the development and well-being of our citizens ".
" The effort of our businessmen and professionals they cannot be passed by high place - he has added-, and the society has of being able to estimate and value them due them ".

Don Felipe de Borbón has put in relief " the institutional labor of the Chambers in hissupport to the creation, to the promotion or to the managerial initiative, which re-dresses special relevancy in a moment as the current one, in which the competition measures up to universal scale and the pace of the transformations that imposes the vital cycle of our companies is increasingly dizzy and complex ".
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from terra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	246295   Click image for larger version

Name:	720.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	246296   Click image for larger version

Name:	7207.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	246297  
Old 06-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I am going to try to explain it.

This type of acts, they are festive celebrations, are official a bit particular acts. Every Royal House has its own rules.

Normally there is tried that the King and the Prince do not do many united trips for safety questions. Only they do it in familiar events or of Royal Families with those who have a very nearby relation.

The law of the equal ones follows. The King travels only to weddings,birthday, funeral or anniversaries of other Kings ... of his equal ones. One is in the habit of the same thing continuing with the rest of the family. Each one goes to those acts of the that are equal to them.
Normally if even act the King comes, the Prince does not come. Because they can´t travel in the same plane, mess is too much. Then the Queen and the Infantas can travel with any of them.
To the acts it is in the habit of coming more or less members of the Family, depending on the relation that exists with the Royal Family or from which members of the Family could travel.

Besides, if they are not very important acts how weddings or funeral, normally, the assistance of some member of the family depends on the agenda of acts in Spain.
Thanks for the explanation, that makes a bit more sense. If the King isn't going though, i wonder why Felipe and Letizia cannot go instead.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Nobility

It is wonderful to see Letizia looking so comfortable in her role, I love how she has started doing different things with her hair and wearing a variety of clothes. She looks so happy and beautiful.

Letizia and Felipe sure do work a lot, it is a good thing they do their duties together otherwise they would never see one another.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Courtier

I agree with you EmmieLou, she seems to have changed lately her way of dressing, she uses more variety of clothes and not just the business like suit. The way she is doing her hair, has also improve a lot lately and is giving her a more refreshing style. The other day I saw a picture of her looking so radiant that i was asking myself if she was pregnant as she looks as radiant as she was when she was expecting.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Casa Real
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Dear Ariel, at wich pic do you refer to think that may be th Princess is expecting ? I have quiet the same feeling whithout nothing else that " my feeling" but I see that I'm not alone....
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I agree with you EmmieLou, she seems to have changed lately her way of dressing, she uses more variety of clothes and not just the business like suit. The way she is doing her hair, has also improve a lot lately and is giving her a more refreshing style. The other day I saw a picture of her looking so radiant that i was asking myself if she was pregnant as she looks as radiant as she was when she was expecting.

Ariel, I must say I 've had the same feeling many time this week while looking at certain pictures of the princesses. I wondered if she was not pregnant again because she looks absolutely radiant, it is too much. :)
Old 06-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Dear Ariel, at wich pic do you refer to think that may be th Princess is expecting ? I have quiet the same feeling whithout nothing else that " my feeling" but I see that I'm not alone....

Indeed you're not the only one adelaide. I don't know which picture exactly. I'll have to search for them. But I've had this feeling especially at the exposition when she was wearing that blue outfit with the ponnytail. In many pictures that were recently posted she looks delighted. But it's just a "feeling" as you said.

Closed Thread