The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.eldigitalcastillalamancha...darticulo=2596

Toledo will receive the Fórum Internacional II of Music 2006

Toledo will receive the celebration of the Fórum Internacional II of Music 2006 between 8 and on July 23, with the presidency of honor of the Princes of Asturias. (...)

Old 05-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

[quote=ricarda]

quote]

Ricarda,

As much I would like to be arguing indefinetly with you, I haven't got the strength and to be honest it is too hot for that.

I didn't say Princess Letizia had the same role as Princess Sofia I said that critics are always looking for something to point and to push them down. I feel old when talking about this:o but I'm going in the second generation of The Heir's wife and only the adjectives change.

As for Princess Letizia applauding her husband I see nothing wrong about it. I applaude him very much. Whenever he gives me the chance to do that.

At least his wife is beside him, I wonder sometimes where are other Heirs to the Throne when their wifes are doing everything by themselves.

So, let me applaud Felipe as Letizia. Look at him with the same pride Queen Sofia shows when looking at him. And to acknowledge him with the same confidance, trust and pride as King Juan Carlos.

I'm proud of Princes of Asturias and besotted with Dukes of Palma de Maiorca and Dukes of Lugo achievements. I wish they all find their own place in The Royal Family and in Spain, with the same Unity and Love taught them by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Kind Regards,
mtbcm :)

Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.fcnv.es/prensasegovia/princi.asp

Old 05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

This last pics are very precious because we can see that Letizia is not quiet totally behind Felipe during this specific act but PRINCIPALLY SHE IS SMILING ALL DAY LONG whithout having a grumy face.:p
Old 05-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say... I'm impressed by her sense of style. She hasn't worn an outfit yet that I haven't liked. I love the black & white dress. And even the skirt outfits... the turqoise, the purple, the suit skirt outfits. She really has a nice, pretty style, without overdoing it.
BTW, she reminds me of Penelope Cruz in some photos.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

[quote=mtbcm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda

quote]

Ricarda,

As much I would like to be arguing indefinetly with you, I haven't got the strength and to be honest it is too hot for that.

I didn't say Princess Letizia had the same role as Princess Sofia I said that critics are always looking for something to point and to push them down. I feel old when talking about this:o but I'm going in the second generation of The Heir's wife and only the adjectives change.

As for Princess Letizia applauding her husband I see nothing wrong about it. I applaude him very much. Whenever he gives me the chance to do that.

At least his wife is beside him, I wonder sometimes where are other Heirs to the Throne when their wifes are doing everything by themselves.

So, let me applaud Felipe as Letizia. Look at him with the same pride Queen Sofia shows when looking at him. And to acknowledge him with the same confidance, trust and pride as King Juan Carlos.

I'm proud of Princes of Asturias and besotted with Dukes of Palma de Maiorca and Dukes of Lugo achievements. I wish they all find their own place in The Royal Family and in Spain, with the same Unity and Love taught them by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Kind Regards,
mtbcm :)
I do not have the strength for argueing endlessly about this too
so just let me say that I am very disappointed with the SRF
and that I dislike Felipe even more now than I did before his wedding.
I think he is arrogant and a macho -
but at least he married a woman he loved, unlike his father.
Love between Juan Carlos and Sophia? That's really a big joke.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The problems of the workers, can avoid an act of the Princes

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/notic...sp?pkid=275545
(...)
Within the campaign of protests that are carrying out, the workers initiated yesterday a confinement in the hospital ship that is pending to give itself. The group will continue the confinement to avoid the delivery of the ship. Princes of Asturias had predicted to go day 12 of June to the official act of delivery of the boat.
(...)
Old 05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Post ..

Quote:
I do not have the strength for argueing endlessly about this too
so just let me say that I am very disappointed with the SRF
and that I dislike Felipe even more now than I did before his wedding.
I think he is arrogant and a macho -
but at least he married a woman he loved, unlike his father.
do not think that felipe is really macho arroguant... this which is on it is that he wanted to act differement of his father and to marry a woman whom he I love think that it is more one man protective and jealous whom macho I believe that the press frightens him and that he wants to protect his marriage that there is in love it is no doubts
Old 05-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that unfortunately, there continues existing the topic, of which the Spanish men are a few "machos" (if it is understood by machists), and it is in use in a contemptuous way. How I have commented on other times, I believe that the vision of the current Spain in the exterior is diffuse enough. A curious information of a world traditionally machist how the army. The day of the Armed Forces they gave an interesting information. Spain is the European country with major percentage of women in the army, and worldwide only they overcome The United States and Canada.

The Prince has been educated in a democratic and opened society; he has gone to a mixed college, to a public university, has passed for three armies, and has had contact with persons of all kinds and thought. He can be more or less a "macho" or machist that a normal boy of his age.

To compare the King with the Prince is absurd, because they have grown and lived in two totally different moments from the history.

Spain was a country that lived suspended until the 70s, for 40 years there was a military dictatorship, with the only thought, a static society, and where the women didn´t had nothing to say. It provoked that several generations had an education that today difficultly would be accepted. And there are many things that in the society and in the social class that the King grew up, were very normal, and that today are not accepted.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As per our Posting Rules & Guidelines, all posts, unless they are opinons, must be backed up by credible sources.

Please don't imply that Juan Carlos and Sofia don't love each other unless you have evidence of this. If it is your opinon then please state why. But to throw out such grandiose statements without support of any kind doesn't contribute anything to the forum.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator
Old 05-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Well, it is my opinion.

If people are allowed to state that there is love between a couple without giving evidence
then why shouldn't it be allowed to state there is NO love between a couple without giving evidence?

My support is
1. It was an arranged marriage to begin with.
2. Juan Carlos always avoided the word "love" when he spoke about their engagement/wedding.
3. It is well known among Spanish aristocrats that Juan Carlos always had a girl friend beside his wife.
4. Sophia looks like a deeply disappointed woman to me.
And what's about the rumours that she is spending more and more time in London?
5. Felipe always stressed out that HE would marry for love.
In contrast to whom?
Why should he say something like that if his parents had married for love.

Conclusio
There may be mutual respect between those two but no love.
And again, this is MY OPINION.

But I should not have said it's a joke, it's actually no joke.
Sorry for that.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dr Ricarda Freud, it's your opinion but only an opinion. You are speaking for your thesis without others arguments than gossips, pseudo analysis, and tabloids 's rumors. YOU CAN'T SAID what are the feelings beetwen people in building your affirmations on you single sens of the life. I'm sorry but you have to know, it's a question of experience,that:

1. A man can love his wife and to have, as you say "girl (s ) friend ( s )
2. For the London's living live of the Queen, a question when with her agenda, she can spend "more and more time" in L.
3. For the Felipe's behaviour facing marriage for love, may be it's a little be more complicate that he want that by "contrast ". His own structuration needs to be confident the love total of woman as He had sais in his speech wedding and in others speeches about his aims. If there is " contrast " may be it's also BLOOD CONTRAST, if you see that I want to say !
Old 05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Nobility

Post ;;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Dr Ricarda Freud, it's your opinion but only an opinion. You are speaking for your thesis without others arguments than gossips, pseudo analysis, and tabloids 's rumors. YOU CAN'T SAID what are the feelings beetwen people in building your affirmations on you single sens of the life. I'm sorry but you have to know, it's a question of experience,that:

1. A man can love his wife and to have, as you say "girl (s ) friend ( s )
2. For the London's living live of the Queen, a question when with her agenda, she can spend "more and more time" in L.
3. For the Felipe's behaviour facing marriage for love, may be it's a little be more complicate that he want that by "contrast ". His own structuration needs to be confident the love total of woman as He had sais in his speech wedding and in others speeches about his aims. If there is " contrast " may be it's also BLOOD CONTRAST, if you see that I want to say !
what wants you to say by BLOOD CONTRAST
Old 05-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://mercado.segundamano.es/Script...&S=0&AR=113071

The Princes of Asturias will visit Alcala this Friday

The Princes of Asturias will visit on Friday Alcala inside their tour along the municipalities of the Community of Madrid, which began last May 16 with their tour for Móstoles and which later took Fuenlabrada to them.

Don Felipe and his wife, dona Letizia will come to the city little before the midday to spend in same the whole day, crossing the neuralgic points of the historical Complutensian hull, declared World Patrimony in 1998, and that every April is visited by his parents, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía, to deliver the Prize Cervantes of literature. The princes will be accompanied by the regional chairwoman, Esperanza Aguirre, and by the mayor of the city, Bartolomé Gonzalez.

The Town hall will be the first milestone of their visit, which will include also the headquarters of the rectorado of the University of Alcala, San Ildefonso's college, for which courts and Auditorium will do the holding a permit visit that habitually is commanded by pupils of the institution by tourists of by foot. The Auditorium is a well-known room for the father of don Felipe, since it receives every year the ceremony of delivery of the Cervantes.

Lunch in the Inn

After eating in the Inn of the Student, the princes will visit a factory of the municipality, which name had not stayed awake to the closing of our edition, and will come back to the historical hull. Of return in the ancient city they will visit the House of Cervantes and Antezana's Hospital and will walk greeting the alcalaínos by the Major street.

The day will end, at about eight o'clock in the afternoon, in the Corral of Comedies. Before that Alcala, the princes have been in Móstoles and Fuenlabrada, where also the town halls and paths visited companies, beside inaugurating an elders' residence, to meet representatives of the society mostoleña and fuenlabreña in sendos cultural centers or to share a few minutes with the most tiny neighbors in a center of infantile and primary education. In Móstoles, two young who waved a republican flag they were sdetained, which has provoked IU's critiques and his absence in the following visit, that of Fuenlabrada, with the exception of the meeting in the Town hall. A situation that is probable repeats itself in Alcala.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, it is my opinion.

If people are allowed to state that there is love between a couple without giving evidence
then why shouldn't it be allowed to state there is NO love between a couple without giving evidence?

My support is
1. It was an arranged marriage to begin with.
2. Juan Carlos always avoided the word "love" when he spoke about their engagement/wedding.
3. It is well known among Spanish aristocrats that Juan Carlos always had a girl friend beside his wife.
4. Sophia looks like a deeply disappointed woman to me.
And what's about the rumours that she is spending more and more time in London?
5. Felipe always stressed out that HE would marry for love.
In contrast to whom?
Why should he say something like that if his parents had married for love.

Conclusio
There may be mutual respect between those two but no love.
And again, this is MY OPINION.

But I should not have said it's a joke, it's actually no joke.
Sorry for that.
Actually, when you use phrases such as "well known" and "it was," then there needs to be evidence to back those points up. What makes it "well known" that Juan Carlos had other women with whom he was romantically involved with in addition to his wife? What are the sources to back that up? And what are the sources that state that the wedding between Juan Carlos and Sofia was arranged?

I support comments that Sofia looks like a "disappointed" woman to you as being your opinon. That's fine, although it would be helpful although not necessary, if you stated why. To me, such comments are put out there for the sake of being an attention-grabber and to stir the pot without any back up, whether with credible sources or with examples, so what's the point of make a superflous statement that borders on being slanderous?

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator
Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by infanteleonor
what wants you to say by BLOOD CONTRAST
Very clear, Infantaleonor, it's the Prince himself who had said that the Gotha's market for his future wife was very narrow. May be, it's only a supposition of my part, the Prince found that the MILLENARIOUS ( for him )BLUE BLOOD is remaining a field too tigh to chooze his wife, and by contrast he had opening his eyes on "openfields "

But I repeat it's only a suposition.....
Old 05-31-2006, 04:07 AM
Nobility

!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Very clear, Infantaleonor, it's the Prince himself who had said that the Gotha's market for his future wife was very narrow. May be, it's only a supposition of my part, the Prince found that the MILLENARIOUS ( for him )BLUE BLOOD is remaining a field too tigh to chooze his wife, and by contrast he had opening his eyes on "openfields "

But I repeat it's only a suposition.....
do not divide your opinion considering the circumstances if it were the case I do not think that it aurrait selected in first letizia to point out you who she was divorced in my eyes no problem but hard to make pass for a prince in this case why he would have become complicated the life
Old 05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Courtier

I thought this was a thread for current events about the Prince and Princess. Can't discussion about Juan Carlos and Sofia be held on a more appropriate thread?

Does anyone have info about the dinner tonight?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Courtier

I think we should calm down about this. We have our opinions about them, good or bad is our opinions and get confronted with people because they think different will take us to any place. Life is very short to spend in such discussions. They are grownups, if they married by love or by other reasons is their business. What matter is that they conduce their lifes in a good way, respecting moral and social values, that they do the work, Spain expects them to do. For what i can see, they do that. We cant judge them for facts we dont know or rumors we may have heard, as they may not be true.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia....Noticia=410184

The conflict of Hoisting forces to cancel the visit of the Princes to Gijon

The workers of Hoisting Gijon, supported by a group of prejubilados of the public shipyard, took yesterday, before the headquarters of the PSOE of Gijon and before the Mayoralty, their protest against the plans of the central Government to liquidate To hoist with a privatization of its four centers of work: the shipyards of Gijon, Sestao and Seville and the factory of Manises's engines (Valencia).

As consequence of the mobilizations, the Government of the nation and the Royal House they have decided to suspend, of definitive form, the official delivery, next June 12, of the new ship - hospital "Juan de la Cosa", as well as the visit to Gijon, for the above mentioned act, of the Princes of Asturias.

Closed Thread