Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 22: May - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can observe on the different pics of the " Cyrillos" that even the Princess in herself isinjured to not assumed her Honorary Presidency, she is showing a tramandous smiling and a true happyness for this event.

A way as another to give lesson of self control and to show how it's important for her to promove the team " Princes of Asturias " before her own personality. My greatest admiration " MADAM "!

Last edited:
Beautiful Letizia

Wow! what a gorgeous dress! I really love the black dress and the whole outfit. It really suits her.. love her hair also.. and the shoes.. i gotta have a pair of those sandals.. in my opinion, she is probably the most stunning CP in all of Europe! I can't wait for her to be Queen of Spain.. she will be a great queen..:)

The more i see of Princess Letizia, the more I like her - down to earth but dignified, intelligent, warm and lovely to look at. What a lovely lady :D

Lauritas138 said:
She is warm like spanish people in general :rolleyes:

I agree totaly, it's the reason why I find that the Felipe's election is fantastic choice. He hs succeed to find his wife in his country, marvellous! And a wife who knows very well her land mainly whom is totaly found of.:)

lucys said:
I recently read on opinion piece on Diario Critico (no longer posted) in which the writer was discussing many different things about contemporary Spanish politics. He discusses the visits the Prince and Princess are making to the large municipalities of Madrid --municipalities which traditionally were "red" or "republican" Madrid -- and discusses how important it is that they are visiting these cities, and getting such a warm reception, and how important it is to get the future King in front of people and communities the Crown doesn't generally visit and he states that he believes that the responsibility for these very smart visits is Letizia's -- saying it's her sharp journalist's instincts at work. So he apparently would agree with your comment.

In any case, as I have said many times, these two, as a pair, I find so interesting, that I personally would be disappointed if they stopped doing their public acts together.
I totally agree with you. They make a great team and too would be disappointed to not see them together.

WOW!!! She's stunning and I simply love both her outfit!

Both she and the CP make a great team - more so than most of the other CP couple - they hve this connection that is obvious to all and they come across as really happy to be with the people and happy with what they have to do.

I like to see them together at the various engagements, it's like seeing 2 halves come together.

in summarising there interact is truely fascinating, IT'S OBVIOUS;

Let us spare that the Princess is very consciencious of it that I beleive.

Two years after their marriage and they seem more in love then ever. Personally I like seeing them together so I don't mind that she doesn't do solo duties. One of the other things I really like about them is they always seem gracious with people and intrested in what is going on. BTW I have loved Letezia's clothes of late! Thanks for the pics everyone!

i just can think, that something changend with princess letizia in the last months. to me she seems to be happy. she is looking wonderful.

michi04 said:
i just can think, that something changend with princess letizia in the last months. to me she seems to be happy. she is looking wonderful.

Perhaps it's because she's madly in love with her handsome husband, has a beautiful baby daughter, and she's going to be Queen of a great nation one day....:rolleyes: ;) :p

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/alcala_principes_ciudad_mosaico_culturas_901854.htm

Alcala, city mosaic of cultures, opens the doors Princes

The Alcalá de Henares that will receive the Princes of Asturias next Friday, the 2nd of June, is a city that 2.000 years after the creation like Cómplutum-efeméride that is commemorated this year - the multiculturalidad continues taking as one of principal stamps of identity.

A characteristic that already was demonstrated in the Middle Ages, with the pacific living together of Jews, Moors and Christians and that today, in the beginning of the XXIst century, is kept provided that this city of 205.000 inhabitants is the second one in number of immigrants of the whole Community of Madrid.

The immigrants suppose at present more than 16 per cent of the total population and the trend continues in increase.

Poles and, in minor measurement, Rumanians and citizens proceeding from Europa's countries of the East, principally, have come to Alcala de Henares in the last years looking for a few better conditions of life and they have found them thanks to the character opened of a society who already in the decade of the 60s of last century could receive to the migratory internal movements that took place of massive form in Spain.

These elements do of the city that aspires to be the capital of the culture in the Community of Madrid a mosaic of cultures that coexist and join and, even, they have could assimilate up to turning out to be almost imperceptible.

Anyhow, this multiculturalidad does not deprive him by no means of identity and this one comes given, especially, by quality as the only City Patrimony of the Humanity of the region of Madrid, title that it shows from the year 1998 and that one has supposed before and one later in the configuration and development.

This beautiful city that the cardinal was dreaming Cisneros and was giving to light the first interview of Colon with the Kings Católicos before his first trip towards the ' New World ', encloses exchequers that little by little are started discovering.

The Rectorado of the University of Alcala, which front was ordered Cisneros constructed for the cardinal in 1537, one masterpiece of the celebrated architect Gil de Hontañón, in which Auditorium, every year, the Kings of Spain deliver the Prize Cervantes; or the Corral of Comedies, considered the most ancient theatre of Europe, since it dates back of 1601, they are two of the jewels of this great patrimonial exchequer.

But not everything is a stone in the history and the culture places, because if of something Alcala is proud it is of having been the cradle of the most universal writer of the Castilian letters: Migueel of Cervantes, saint and sign of identity of village that it celebrates every year his 'San Cervantes' on October 9, coinciding with the date of his baptism.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will visit the Corral, San Ildefonso's college and the Natal House - museum of Cervantes and will be able to contemplate in it some of the more original and ancient copies of the 'Quijote', since in this place one guards one of the most important collections.
Everything is not spent.The city also is full of present. With an active population who patrols 150.000 persons, Alcala de Henares has grown in the last years more than six per cent in industrial activity and receives every time major number of tourists.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I like this pic very much, it shows us that Letizia still gets on well with her former companions:)
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=009555346bq.jpg

I've always thought that must have been one of the hardest parts of her transition. She's gone from asking the questions to being questioned and by people who probably knew her as a work colleague not so long ago! She's handled that really well.

Princes de Asturias will inaugurate the Cervantes Institute of Palermo next the 5 of June P
Palermo will be the fourth Italian city that counts on a Cervantes center after Rome, Milan and Naples

Princes de Asturias will inaugurate the next Monday, 5 of June, the new Cervantes Institute of Palermo, the fourth center that will work in Italy, that already counts on seats in Rome, Milan and Naples. The new siciliano center will count on an ample program of cultural activities in the occasion of its opening. Between the acts they emphasize several round tables with a ten of writers, a work exhibition of art of the Collection Box of Towns, a debate on the coofficial languages of Spain, a concert and a cycle of cinema on the Mediterranean.
The palermitano Cervantes is located in the desacralizada church of Santa Eulalia of the Catalans, constructed in century XIII and modified in 1630 .

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060529145652&tabID=1&ch=71

mtbcm said:
CP Letizia is having the same role that the Queen had in her first years as a Princess, and everything turn out just fine.

Amazing how story repeats, the only difference was that Princess Sofia was considered a snob and unadjusted (nothing more far from truth) for not participating and Prince Felipe is being acused for not letting his wife participate. :(

I do believe that they have no need to go separately, I'm sure in time and in the presence of her husband she will shine with confidance and without shadowing nobody.

As for the comment that she not even goes out with in-laws without her husband present, I do not believe it. I'm sure she does, as she did in the past. She is not a doll to be shown everytime, she's a newly-mother who certainly is granted the privilege to stay home playing and cuddling her daughter if her present in not obligatory.

mtbcm

Sorry, I strongly disagree.
I don't think Letizia's present situation and role comes close to Sophia's situation and role 40 years ago,
when there was still the Franco regime and it was not even certain that the monarchy would be restored.
Sophia and Juan Carlos had a much harder way to go, they had to be very diplomatic and careful in a very delicate situation.

Now - although there may be some critics and anti-monarchy-tendencies like in all countries - there is a largely accepted monarchy
which can be seen whenever Felipe and Letizia are visiting Spanish cities and so on.
Moreover Spanish women - like women all over the world - are more emancipated now than they were in the 60ies.

Letizia has a completely different role to play than Sophia
and therefore it's ridiculous and oldfashioned
when things are done like there hasn't passed almost half a century.
I think it's very strange and transmits a bad picture of the Spanish society in general and the Spanish royal family/Felipe in particular
when a capable woman like Letizia can't be "active", even when she is HP.

All we can do since 2 years - again: since TWO years - is commenting about Letizias look
and speculating how much power she has behind the scenes.

Actually, in public she has been reduced to being nothing more than a fashion doll/decoration piece.
But of course she is not cutting ribbons - that would be too dangerous for the SRF -
showing her DOING something else than applauding her husband, I mean.

Might I suggest that the Letizia solo or no solo activities conversation be continued on the "opinion of Felipe and Letizia" thread?

Here are a few miscellaneous images from contrast photo from last week.

Attachments

• 7085275.jpg
    7085275.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 7085268.jpg
    7085268.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 147
  • 7083382.jpg
    7083382.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 7083215.jpg
    7083215.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 7083214.jpg
    7083214.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 7083213.jpg
    7083213.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
ricarda said:
quote]

Ricarda,

As much I would like to be arguing indefinetly with you, I haven't got the strength and to be honest it is too hot for that.:D

I didn't say Princess Letizia had the same role as Princess Sofia I said that critics are always looking for something to point and to push them down. I feel old when talking about this:eek: but I'm going in the second generation of The Heir's wife and only the adjectives change.

As for Princess Letizia applauding her husband I see nothing wrong about it. I applaude him very much. Whenever he gives me the chance to do that.

At least his wife is beside him, I wonder sometimes where are other Heirs to the Throne when their wifes are doing everything by themselves.

So, let me applaud Felipe as Letizia. Look at him with the same pride Queen Sofia shows when looking at him. And to acknowledge him with the same confidance, trust and pride as King Juan Carlos.

I'm proud of Princes of Asturias and besotted with Dukes of Palma de Maiorca and Dukes of Lugo achievements. I wish they all find their own place in The Royal Family and in Spain, with the same Unity and Love taught them by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Kind Regards,
mtbcm :)

This last pics are very precious because we can see that Letizia is not quiet totally behind Felipe during this specific act but PRINCIPALLY SHE IS SMILING ALL DAY LONG whithout having a grumy face.:p :cool:

I have to say... I'm impressed by her sense of style. She hasn't worn an outfit yet that I haven't liked. I love the black & white dress. And even the skirt outfits... the turqoise, the purple, the suit skirt outfits. She really has a nice, pretty style, without overdoing it.
BTW, she reminds me of Penelope Cruz in some photos.

mtbcm said:
ricarda said:
quote]

Ricarda,

As much I would like to be arguing indefinetly with you, I haven't got the strength and to be honest it is too hot for that.:D

I didn't say Princess Letizia had the same role as Princess Sofia I said that critics are always looking for something to point and to push them down. I feel old when talking about this:eek: but I'm going in the second generation of The Heir's wife and only the adjectives change.

As for Princess Letizia applauding her husband I see nothing wrong about it. I applaude him very much. Whenever he gives me the chance to do that.

At least his wife is beside him, I wonder sometimes where are other Heirs to the Throne when their wifes are doing everything by themselves.

So, let me applaud Felipe as Letizia. Look at him with the same pride Queen Sofia shows when looking at him. And to acknowledge him with the same confidance, trust and pride as King Juan Carlos.

I'm proud of Princes of Asturias and besotted with Dukes of Palma de Maiorca and Dukes of Lugo achievements. I wish they all find their own place in The Royal Family and in Spain, with the same Unity and Love taught them by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Kind Regards,
mtbcm :)

I do not have the strength for argueing endlessly about this too
so just let me say that I am very disappointed with the SRF
and that I dislike Felipe even more now than I did before his wedding.
I think he is arrogant and a macho -
but at least he married a woman he loved, unlike his father.
Love between Juan Carlos and Sophia? That's really a big joke.

The problems of the workers, can avoid an act of the Princes

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=275545
(...)
Within the campaign of protests that are carrying out, the workers initiated yesterday a confinement in the hospital ship that is pending to give itself. The group will continue the confinement to avoid the delivery of the ship. Princes of Asturias had predicted to go day 12 of June to the official act of delivery of the boat.
(...)

ricarda said:
I do not have the strength for argueing endlessly about this too
so just let me say that I am very disappointed with the SRF
and that I dislike Felipe even more now than I did before his wedding.
I think he is arrogant and a macho -
but at least he married a woman he loved, unlike his father.

do not think that felipe is really macho arroguant... this which is on it is that he wanted to act differement of his father and to marry a woman whom he I love think that it is more one man protective and jealous whom macho I believe that the press frightens him and that he wants to protect his marriage that there is in love it is no doubts

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that unfortunately, there continues existing the topic, of which the Spanish men are a few "machos" (if it is understood by machists), and it is in use in a contemptuous way. How I have commented on other times, I believe that the vision of the current Spain in the exterior is diffuse enough. A curious information of a world traditionally machist how the army. The day of the Armed Forces they gave an interesting information. Spain is the European country with major percentage of women in the army, and worldwide only they overcome The United States and Canada.

The Prince has been educated in a democratic and opened society; he has gone to a mixed college, to a public university, has passed for three armies, and has had contact with persons of all kinds and thought. He can be more or less a "macho" or machist that a normal boy of his age.

To compare the King with the Prince is absurd, because they have grown and lived in two totally different moments from the history.

Spain was a country that lived suspended until the 70s, for 40 years there was a military dictatorship, with the only thought, a static society, and where the women didn´t had nothing to say. It provoked that several generations had an education that today difficultly would be accepted. And there are many things that in the society and in the social class that the King grew up, were very normal, and that today are not accepted.

Last edited:
ricarda said:

As per our Posting Rules & Guidelines, all posts, unless they are opinons, must be backed up by credible sources.

Please don't imply that Juan Carlos and Sofia don't love each other unless you have evidence of this. If it is your opinon then please state why. But to throw out such grandiose statements without support of any kind doesn't contribute anything to the forum.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom