Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 22: May - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos. The princess is beautiful.:)
But I am very disappointed with the real house; because they do not let her preside her own acts?:mad:

CRIS said:
Thanks for the photos. The princess is beautiful.:)
But I am very disappointed with the real house; because they do not let her preside her own acts?:mad:

I think, ( and its only a supossion), that they, the Princess, want to work together, like a team.

It could be....?

It's a pity considering all the potencial Letizia has and that is being wasted by making her just a trophy wife.:(

I mean, what is so wrong about Letizia speaking once in a while?:mad: I can hardly remember the sound of her voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
But in an team all do something and here the only one that does is Felipe.:mad:

In addition I suppose that the president is Letizia no? then she would have to preside over the act.

We want to see letizia.. isn´t it? … then that matters if we see she single or accompanying the prince?

I agree with you Paty.They form a great team… why do you want to separating them? haha

I prefer when letizia takes the waved hair . I do not like when she takes it smooth, this is too long already.Also like when she takes the ponytail.
But she is precious as alwayssssss.
That is another pretty dress:)

CRIS said:
But in an team all do something and here the only one that does is Felipe.:mad:

Yes, you are right!
Well its are not so easy. Letizia is learning, and I think that it is better than this accompanying by the prince.

Last edited:
More from terra

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
CRIS said:
In addition I suppose that the president is Letizia no? then she would have to preside over the act.

tell these to de royal house... seems to me that for them letizia does not exist...:mad:

Yes it´s a pity, i can´t believe too, I am agree with all of your opinions about this. If Letizia is the president of this act should be some protagonism with the prizes.

I do not want to separate them, I like to see them together. But I want that she has something of protagonism in the acts, and if they are an team, then Felipe reads the speech and she gives the prizes.

Another marvellous dress! I love this colour, half of my garmets are in it. And yes, I agree, it's great to see them together, they are wonderful and beautiful couple, but Leti could attend at least these acts she has presidency of! Maybe we should write a petition to Royal House or sth like that?:D If they really have to always be together, she could at least read a speech.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245587&d=1148676808

And how does it look in Spain? Do all Spaniards want to see only her for time to time or do they think it should stay without any changes?

OMG, we have already reached half of the thread in just two days! That's fast!:D

Note her look: "Honey, I want to have this speech for MYSELF!":D
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245587&d=1148676808

Yes, you are right,But we do not know which is the reason as which Letizia does not have a role more actively in the official acts, to if that we cannot blame to the Royal House, probably is the own Princess the one that does not want.

I have to say that I'm speechless, What a beautiful dress she is wearing today, she looks stunning, and both princes taking by the hands, I adore when I see them in that way, sooooooo in love.

Paty said:
Yes, you are right,But we do not know which is the reason as which Letizia does not have a role more actively in the official acts, to if that we cannot blame to the Royal House, probably is the own Princess the one that does not want.

In this case, I do not believe that the Princess does not want to deliver a prize to a journalist whom she admires for a lot of time. ;)

;)
LaChicaMadrilena said:
And how does it look in Spain? Do all Spaniards want to see only her for time to time or do they think it should stay without any changes?

OMG, we have already reached half of the thread in just two days! That's fast!:D

Since the topic, the truth is not commented. The only time that arose a rumor saying that she was going to have an own secretary, the rumor finished totally manipulated, and them of always they criticized her mercilessly. I believe that how ultimately, she turns into more protagonist of the acts that her husband, the people not realizes. ;)

i have an impression that spanish women are in the shadow of their husbands or parterners,if it is wrong please tell me.

I think that the Spaniards like to see the couple together, but how Lula says , there is no coment obout it ( About a more protagimims of Princess Letizia ) .

aryo said:
i have an impression that spanish women are in the shadow of their husbands or parterners,if it is wrong please tell me.
Yes you are very wrong. A lot of time ago, that the women in Spain are very independent. We have our economic, sentimental independence...Today in day, the Spanish women like all womans in world do not need a Man to live

aryo said:

It does more than 30 years. :p

In the most major generations yes, and probably in some persons still educated according to that society.

But in Spain, the women are gained area. The women today in day are independent and do not live in the shade of their husbands. Though still there are differences, for example labour, between men and women, it is travelled towards an absolute equality. The current government has equal number of men that of women, in the universities there are more women that men...

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3323#

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
The problem of this is the image that it gives abroad; seeing as our princess does not preside over any act. But the women Spanish did not live in the shade of any men.

thanks paty.in comparision with other europian countries i though spanish women are not as active as other EU countries.
btw i myself is from a country that women should fight for freedom.
about princess i guess she or royal house doesn't want to outshown the prince,cuz her popularity is increasing.but i love to see her in solo beside her act with prince.

CRIS said:
The problem of this is the image that it gives abroad; seeing as our princess does not preside over any act. But the women Spanish did not live in the shade of any men.
i agree,all nations make image of other countries by what their politiction ot head of states do not the people achieve

I'm very surprised Letizia doesn't seem unhappy in some official acts. She was known for being a very good journalist, that liked to work, was very independent, etc.

Seeing her in acts now must mean that she has really adjusted to her new "position" and that she has definately left behind her needs as a journalist.

Ayro, Almost all the women of the EU, have born in free countries, in Spain for 30 years we liberate ourselves of a Dictatorship. I believe that the Spanhis womens we are fighting for the equality between men and women day after day. I am sorry about the terrible situation of your country.
To my also I like side Philip and Letizia together

The protocol of the Spanish Royal house is very clear. The senior royal ALWAYS speaks and ALWAYS takes the lead. If the King and Queen go together, the King always speaks. If the Infantas do any activity with their husbands, they always are the lead figure. It's the same with Felipe and Letizia--he's the senior royal. And remember, most acts Felipe and Letizia do are not just the photographed acts, but involve receptions and such that are NOT photographed and where she is (according to the articles I have read) just as proactive as he is. As to why she does not do acts alone, I suspect it is a combination of two factors: 1.) they like to do acts together (that's obvious) and 2.) after working so hard to get Felipe out of the shadow of his father, the last thing they want is for him to be in the shadow of his wife. I have no doubt--and reports in serious news magazines have said this--that behind the scenes she is a fully equal partner -- in fact, her critics say she is too involved behind the scenes... she can't win, it would seem ...

In any case, here are some photos from Getty Images (Carlos Alvarez):

Attachments

• 71062750.jpg
    71062750.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 71062797.jpg
    71062797.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 71062755.jpg
    71062755.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 71062753.jpg
    71062753.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 71062752.jpg
    71062752.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 254
  • 71062751.jpg
    71062751.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 71062749.jpg
    71062749.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 71062748.jpg
    71062748.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 71062747.jpg
    71062747.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 71062746.jpg
    71062746.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
More from Getty Images

Attachments

• 71062812.jpg
    71062812.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 71062866.jpg
    71062866.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 71062865.jpg
    71062865.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 71062864.jpg
    71062864.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 71062861.jpg
    71062861.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 71062826.jpg
    71062826.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 71062811.jpg
    71062811.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 71062805.jpg
    71062805.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 71062802.jpg
    71062802.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 71062857.jpg
    71062857.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 282
And still more from Getty Images:

Attachments

• 71062872.jpg
    71062872.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 71062907.jpg
    71062907.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 71062906.jpg
    71062906.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 71062874.jpg
    71062874.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 71062873.jpg
    71062873.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 218
  • 71062871.jpg
    71062871.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 71062870.jpg
    71062870.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 71062868.jpg
    71062868.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 478
  • 71062867.jpg
    71062867.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 263
And just a few more from Getty Images:

Attachments

• 71062908.jpg
    71062908.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 71062909.jpg
    71062909.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 71062912.jpg
    71062912.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 397
  • 71062915.jpg
    71062915.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 473
There is no need to be out infront of a crowd. My guess is that Letizia is a much more involved partner and has much more influence over hers and Felipe's activities than some of the other crown princesses do over theirs. Doing events on ones own does not prove anything. Both Felipe and Letizia are hardworking and very bright people, they know what they need to do and how to do it best. We don't need another fashion doll cutting ribbons.

wow - what a beautiful dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! letizia, who i thought i had all figured out, has shocked me. she looks lovely!

grevinnan said:
My guess is that Letizia is a much more involved partner and has much more influence over hers and Felipe's activities than some of the other crown princesses do over theirs.

I recently read on opinion piece on Diario Critico (no longer posted) in which the writer was discussing many different things about contemporary Spanish politics. He discusses the visits the Prince and Princess are making to the large municipalities of Madrid --municipalities which traditionally were "red" or "republican" Madrid -- and discusses how important it is that they are visiting these cities, and getting such a warm reception, and how important it is to get the future King in front of people and communities the Crown doesn't generally visit and he states that he believes that the responsibility for these very smart visits is Letizia's -- saying it's her sharp journalist's instincts at work. So he apparently would agree with your comment.

In any case, as I have said many times, these two, as a pair, I find so interesting, that I personally would be disappointed if they stopped doing their public acts together.

Last edited:
lucys said:
In any case, as I have said many times, these two, as a pair, I find so interesting, that I personally would be disappointed if they stopped doing their public acts together.

I agree with you .I always have thought that.and i prefer to see them both together.

lucys said:
I have no doubt--and reports in serious news magazines have said this--that behind the scenes she is a fully equal partner -- in fact, her critics say she is too involved behind the scenes... she can't win, it would seem ...

I have never thought for a second that Letizia wasn't an equal partner to Felipe. I have always seen them as equals in their roles as Prince and Princess of Asturias. That she doesn't perform her own duties doesn't make her any less of a princess or a subordinate to her husband or a shadow of his. I have always believed that they determine their schedule together and work as a team.

I also don't doubt that when she does perform duties on her own that she'll do very well and succeed then, too.

Also unlike many people, I don't find it a major issue that she doesn't perform duties on her own yet. I don't think it makes her lesser of a princess to Spain or in comparison to any other princess. Could she go on duties of her own now? I'm sure she could. But what's the point of her going on a duty of her own to sit in the front row of a fashion show or to christen some rose named after her?

This couple has always been more about substance than any superficial quality. As a team, as a unit, they attend events that matter to Spain on a social, economic, cultural and even political level. As a team they attend events that aren't trivial or frivolous like receiving elaborate gifts for their daughter or other such frivolous acts. I think together they do a lot for Spain so why try to break that up?

grevinnan said:
There is no need to be out infront of a crowd. My guess is that Letizia is a much more involved partner and has much more influence over hers and Felipe's activities than some of the other crown princesses do over theirs. Doing events on ones own does not prove anything. Both Felipe and Letizia are hardworking and very bright people, they know what they need to do and how to do it best. We don't need another fashion doll cutting ribbons.
I couldn't agree with you more grevinnan. One of the things that really sets this couple apart is how hard they work and the significance of the events they attend within Spain and abroad.

We really don't need another cut out fashion princess cutting ribbons for a new hospital or to christen a boat or receive a train. We have in Letizia someone who is intelligent and who isn't shy to use her brains and her experience in her role as princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom