The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 20: May 2006

Welcome to the new thread of Current News for Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is only for current news and events;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles.;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!

Old 05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who knows if Letizia will going to America Latina the next week ?

Old 05-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know why the princes were not present in Stockholm this past weekend?

www.one.org
Old 05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Because it is the norm that Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos can't be out of the country at the same time.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Who knows if Letizia will going to America Latina the next week ?
Yes, they are coming to Costa Rica.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Photo from Lecturas of Princes of Asturias trip to Burgos

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6367/lecturas136mj.jpg
Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 12
Yes, they are coming to Costa Rica.
Are they both going? I thought only he was. I thought I read something about her not going on any of these quick trips to Latin America until Leonor was older--but I could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The Tiled physicist Javier Palacios, Prize Prince of Viana of the Culture 2006 PAMPLONA, 5 May.

The Navarrese Council of Culture, reunited this morning in Javier, has decided to elevate to the Government of Navarre the proposal so that the Prize is granted Prince of Viana of the Culture to the Tiled physicist Javier Palaces. This agreement of the Council of Culture is binding for the Government. The delivery of the Prize will take place in next dates, within the framework of the visit that Princes de Asturias and of Viana will make to Navarre

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003...&tabID=1&ch=71
Old 05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Many thanks, Nagore, for the picture. In my opinion, I find the Princes more at ease and relaxed than at the begining, precisely when they are hanging their hands, they stopped to be shy and Felipe is demonstring more his feelings that is very good for his behaviour and public image.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Yes Adelaide, you are right.I have the same opinion, is the best for the public image of the princes.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you nagore for that lovely photo.

It is so nice to see them hand-in-hand.

Regards,

mtbcm :)
Old 05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I think that its wonderful, to see principes hand with hand, it demonstrates us the comlicity that exists among them, and much that they love themselves.
And I like much to see them happy.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm just knowing that Letizia shall not go to Costa Rica, we can asking why ? It's too bad !
Old 05-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
Are they both going? I thought only he was. I thought I read something about her not going on any of these quick trips to Latin America until Leonor was older--but I could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.
If this is the reason, then she probably won't be going for years. I don't think they will stop with Leonor (a couple more will come :)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
I'm just knowing that Letizia shall not go to Costa Rica, we can asking why ? It's too bad !
I think it's better for her to stay home. Those long-distance short trips are very tiring.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Problaby, she preferes to saty the mothers day with Leonor?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Courtier

It is totally normal that she stays at home with Leonor. Felipe has done this kind of trips for years by himself, so he probably can do it alone and let Letizia to relax with the baby who needs her mom a lot at this time. I know people in latin america would love to see her, but im pretty sure that they understand the reasons.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060509/prens...AC-MAD-219.asp

The Princes will visit thoroughly several localities of the belt of Madrid

The mayor of this municipality of the southwest has sent letters to the neighbors in which he encourages them to inform in the reception the Inheritor of the Wreath and his wife

MADRID. Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have foreseen to realize in the next days a series of official visits to different localities of the belt of Madrid. They will not be fleeting institutional, but intense visits and long days in which Don Felipe and Dona Letizia try to prove to be close to the persons from Madrid and to deepen itsknowledge on the reality of each one of these municipalities.

The first one of the visits of this type that they will realize the Inheritor of the Wreath and his wife will take Móstoles as a destiny, as reports the agency Efe, and it will take place next Tuesday, the 16th. Later, it is foreseen that the Princes of Asturias repeat the experience in other localities of the Autonomous Community, as Fuenlabrada, Leganés or Alcala de Henares.

In order they make participants of the visit all the neighbors of the municipality, the mayor of Móstoles, the popular Esteban Parro, he is sending letters to the neighbors encouraging them to " to live and lead intensely this day " together with Don Felipe and Dona Letizia.
In the letter, to which it has had access Efe, the mayor of Móstoles it informs that it is foreseen that the Princes come to Pradillo's square at twelve o'clock at midday, to go by foot up to the Town hall and to preside at a plenary session of the Municipal Corporation, after greeting the mostoleños from the principal balcony of the Town hall.
An hour later, as it distinguishes itself in the letter, the Princes of Asturias will visit the most ancient and symbolic factory of the locality, Móstoles Industrial, after which they will have lunch in the Hotel The Princess.

The official visit of the Princes to Móstoles - the first one that they take to end in the Community of Madrid since they contracted marriage - will continue in the evening with the inauguration of the residence of major " Móstoles's City ", foreseen for the five.
Later, and following the desire of the Princes to support a direct and nearby contact with the mostoleños, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will go to the Park Estate Liana to close the Trade fair II Móstoles's "Muestramos".

The official visit will finish approximately at seven o'clock in the afternoon with an act in the Theatre of the Forest, as it is reflected in Parro's letter, who declares " consciously of the social importance and national relevancy " that has this official event for his municipality.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Princes de Asturias will attend Seville-Middlesbrough

The princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, will attend tomorrow in Eindhoven (Holland) the end of the Glass of the UEFA between Seville and the English Middlesbrough, informed a spokesman into the House of the King.

http://es.sports.yahoo.com/09052006/...lesbrough.html
Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are going to Holland! Cool! Felipe will be surely tired after several hours in plane.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
They are going to Holland! Cool! Felipe will be surely tired after several hours in plane.
The truth is that he has an exhausting activity these days. With the hourly difference the Prince will come to Spain tomorrow, and to a few hours he will go Holland. The Prince is the president of Honor of the Centenary of the Sevilla probably because of it he has wanted to come. The certain thing is that in the next days there are several sports important events.