Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 20: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, once more time, the way of dres of Letizia is important, and in my opinion she knows that very well as an anchorwoman. Now she has to dress her to be a woman judging by people from twelve ( a little soon ) to nineteen ( a little late ) of all the social classes in Spain.

Please if you have a real recipe to be dress in this conditions I recall the others demands of the " neither too much, neither enough" and the circonstances of each act far away madrid ( flights, helicopters, car, lunchs ) long conferences, long meetings and so on... Some time when I read the opinions about the way of dres of Letizia, I asking me if it's considering the specifities of her activities.

Actually if you look at the way of dress of the Queen or of the Infantes and this of Letizia, the same reqirements appear to be simple but classy, elegant whithout fashion dictat, strict but comfortable, the all respecting her personlity....and sometime is the not a succes. So what !

Is someone reading the speech of Felipe ? Or do you watching at the Letizia's outfit regarding the kind of act she is doing ?

Larzen said:
Terrible jacket, why cant she get a designer that makes flattering clothes for her and not theese awful shoulderpads:eek:
Aren't a lot Letizia's clothes bought straight off the rack? Not that buying clothes off the rack means they can't look nice but, imo, her clothes look thin and, for lack of a more delicate word, cheap. I wish she'd wear clothes more like the Armani suit she chose for her engagement and the grey/black suit she wore at the anniversary of Spain's constitution shortly after that. They were perfect examples of Letizia's style that she no longer seems to have. There are exceptions like at Leonor's christening and when she left the hospital after giving birth. Sofia sure doesn't skimp on her clothes. They look expensive and well made.

I think that she looks beautiful like always... but of course she can look better

As much as I enjoy Letizia's sense of fashion, I think this time the jacket was not flattering at all! Shoulder pads and no hips...not a good combination...not even for a beautiful woman like Letizia who should look good even in a plastic bag! Not this time. She seems to have lost weight (too much IMO)--she has no hips!

And I like this jacket! The fabric and collar are beautiful. Ok, I also think it would look better if the soulder pads were smaller, but maybe she just wanted to look "bigger" next to giant Felipe:rolleyes:
Aren't a lot Letizia's clothes bought straight off the rack? Not that buying clothes off the rack means they can't look nice but, imo, her clothes look thin and, for lack of a more delicate word, cheap. I wish she'd wear clothes more like the Armani suit she chose for her engagement and the grey/black suit she wore at the anniversary of Spain's constitution shortly after that. They were perfect examples of Letizia's style that she no longer seems to have. There are exceptions like at Leonor's christening and when she left the hospital after giving birth. Sofia sure doesn't skimp on her clothes. They look expensive and well made.
Yes, but Sofia is the QUEEN and Letizia is "only:D" the Princess, so it's the main difference. Furthermore, Leti has been critisized for several things connected with her fashion choises like in case of famous Armani suit. If she wore Valentino or Chanel like Sofia and Elena, everyone would critisize her for spending people's taxes on garmets. Her clothes may seem to be very simple, but she wants to look like normal woman, businesswoman f.e.

Laviollette said:
Sofia sure doesn't skimp on her clothes. They look expensive and well made.

I notice that too. Although Sofia does repeat clothes, she still buys more clothes and more expensive clothes compared to her young daughters (esp. Cristina) and daughter-in-law. Letizia and Cristina probably have less money to spend on clothes than Sofia who is the Queen.

donnaK said:
I notice that too. Although Sofia does repeat clothes, she still buys more clothes and more expensive clothes compared to her young daughters (esp. Cristina) and daughter-in-law. Letizia and Cristina probably have less money to spend on clothes than Sofia who is the Queen.

The Queen has one designer Margarita Nuez who does the clothes to her, but to part of it also she buys in Chanel, Valentino, Escada ... she can do what wants.Though the certain thing is that also Letizia repeats very much her clothes so much, and if she likes a suit she repeats with it one week and to the following one without problems. In this sense always they have been simpler, do not need a new suit for every act, like they do not use hats.

For Letizia it would be impossible, if the suit that goes is of Armani's last season, for example,the news would fill pages and programs of television.
When she dressed Armani's topic some of them decided to turn it into polemic, the curious thing, it is that the Infanta Cristina, in her day, also had dressed Armani's suit in her engament.

If they had not criticized so much to Letizia by armani; it would be another thing. Nevertheless I like much her style. :)

All the clothes that the princes of asturias take in the official acts, are paid with the money that pays the Spaniards with the taxes. So Why she must wear a different suit in each official act? its unnecesary.
She has much clothes and she can combine, jackets, trousers, shoes, purses, and she knows it clearly and she decides what she gets dressed is every occasion, she does not need a new suit every day!! and she knows.

To be Pincess of Asturias or Prince of Asturias is a work of responsibility, dedication, and vocation on watch, but mainly it is a WORK. Letizia always has an impeccable image with every clothes that it takes, although this clear one that to all we sometimes do not like one jacket or skirt or trousers, but that is normal, everybody we do not have tastes such, But never we cant say that she this ugly one, or neglects or who does not wear appropriate clothes.

I dont want a Fashion Princess or a Princess that only think in Clothes.

I believe that we must to fix in the work that the princes do in each official act, we never we spoke of it.

From Casa Real:

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 217
Paty said:
All the clothes that the princes of asturias take in the official acts, are paid with the money that pays the Spaniards with the taxes. So Why she must wear a different suit in each official act? its unnecesary.
She has much clothes and she can combine, jackets, trousers, shoes, purses, and she knows it clearly and she decides what she gets dressed is every occasion, she does not need a new suit every day!! and she knows.

To be Pincess of Asturias or Prince of Asturias is a work of responsibility, dedication, and vocation on watch, but mainly it is a WORK. Letizia always has an impeccable image with every clothes that it takes, although this clear one that to all we sometimes do not like one jacket or skirt or trousers, but that is normal, everybody we do not have tastes such, But never we cant say that she this ugly one, or neglects or who does not wear appropriate clothes.

I dont want a Fashion Princess or a Princess that only think in Clothes.

I believe that we must to fix in the work that the princes do in each official act, we never we spoke of it.

i agree with you... i think the clothes do not have an important role in her life as a princess now.. the most important thing now is that she do her responsibility as a princess and as a wife...and how dedicated she is to her works... ;)

peacee!!!! that's my opinion!!!!!hehehehhe

from wireimage :

Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Preside a Post Graduation Grants Ceremony, Given by Caja Madrid Bank, at the San Fernando Royal Academy of Fine Arts, in Madrid
May 11, 2006

P Letizia is doing an excellent job in recycling her clothes and still look new and interesting on most occassions. Her wardrobe is made up of clothes that can be mixed and matched. Great job.

I really think she is very very thin, maybe she is sick!!!!!!!she lokks like she is sick, she needs to have more weight,to cut her hair, to have a more tain skin natural tain!!!!

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3291

Official visit to Móstoles Móstoles's municipality (Madrid), on May 16, 2006

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will visit this locality of Madrid

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will visit the Town hall, will preside at a meeting work of the Municipal Corporation, there will visit the facilities of the company Móstoles Industrial (Forlady), will inaugurate the elders' residence " SAR Móstoles's City ", they will visit the Fair " MuestraMos 2006 " and will offer a receipt to representatives of the society mostoleña.

several photos from the UEFA match in Eindhoven (from Peter Smulders)

these last two are so sweet.. their hands entangled..

Perhaps she doesn't cut her hair because her husband likes it. And that is far more important than what anyone else thinks;)

Some more pics from the royal couple..from the soccergame in Eindhoven. from ANP.

Action press via contrast press has posted a bunch of images--here are just a few.

Attachments

• 6935700.jpg
    6935700.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 6935703.jpg
    6935703.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 6935705.jpg
    6935705.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 6935706.jpg
    6935706.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 6935707.jpg
    6935707.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 6935710.jpg
    6935710.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 6935711.jpg
    6935711.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 6936457.jpg
    6936457.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
lula said:
The jacket is nice and has a beautiful fabric.
The topic of the shoulderpads, I believe that it has relation with which Letizia besides thin, has a tiny skeleton. It seems that there is an intention of which it looks like that she enlarges more, first because she will be tired of that one speaks about her body, and second because next to the prince the difference is abysmal and one does not see her :p . Also it can be that like that the jackets remain better on the body and does not have to worry so much when it is of a side for other one. The suits of the Queen also they are in the habit of having them.

I think a petite young woman like Letizia should never wear enomous shoulder pads, which makes her look severe, shortens her neck. I don't particularly like Queen Sofia with the big shoulder pads either, but Sofia is much older, with a bigger frame, she pulls off suits with big shoulder pads much better than Letizia.
Felipe Varela had some nice designs at the beginning, but he is getting worse each year, now almost reaches to a dead end with badly tailored jackets and pants. There are so many good Spanish designers around, such as Miguel Palacio, Angel Schlesser, Adolfo Dominguez, Margarita Nuez, who would love to make clothes for letizia, can't understand why she is so obsessed with a designer with so little creativity (Varela).
I know Letizia is not into fashion, but at least wear the clothes nicely tailored, a little more color (too much beige, white or black these days) like her first year as the princess. She is the wife of the heir to the throne, her clothes looks worse now than her old days as the TVE news anchor, how ironic it's.

Last edited:
from BrunoPress :

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia went to Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando de Henares to give the grants to those students who have made post-graduate studies in several American and European universities. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Award Grants at Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando de Henares Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando de Henares Madrid, Spain May 11, 2006

I believe that the main cause of which she trusts Felipe Varela; is that this designer never has said no word on her, is very discreet. :)

I think the jacket is ok but the problem is her trousers which are too loose for her( i mean most of her trousers are loose for a thin woman).she shouldn't wear trousers with loose fabrics.and hair, i don't understand why she always comes to her acts with this kind of style hardly different.i saw her before with so many beatiful hair styles esp before her wedding.

Might I recommend that in depth discussions of fashion choices stay on a fashion thread and not a current events thread?

I don't know what the problem is with Letizia's wardrope, she is who she is, and she never gonna change her personality, and that is the reason why Felipe loves her too much, because she didn't change after she got married with him, she remain being the woman who he met once.

That's cool, I love her determination.

Will they go to Barcelona in order to watch the Formula One tomorrow? Last year they wanted to come but they decided to stay away because of Letizia's pregnancy. I couldn't find any information about tomorrow so I ask.

Just another couple of photos from the lunch with the Bulgarian Princes, in Chinchón. From Semana:

Sue- said:
Will they go to Barcelona in order to watch the Formula One tomorrow? Last year they wanted to come but they decided to stay away because of Letizia's pregnancy. I couldn't find any information about tomorrow so I ask.

It would be nice that they went to see Alonso after Letizia could not be in the Prizes Prince this year, like they went to see Tamara Rojo to the ballet. But the only thing on that they have commented in television is that they wait for the visit of the King, who is sailing in Barcelona, so it seems to be difficult that the Princes go also.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom