Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samitude

Courtier
Country
United States
Post all news and pictures about Felipe and Letizia in this thread.

I read some quotes in the German press about a babydrama of Letiza and I read in the forum about a second pregnancy. Did she recently had a failbirth?

According to a newspaper report I saw today, the Principes de Asturias will be making a official visit to Budapest in early September (the 6-9th perhaps). In August and the first weekend of September they will have been to Panama and the Dominican Republic for the Presidential Inaugurations in each of those two countries. Tomorrow they have another military event for new Officers--this time for the Army.

The Principes de Asturias will represent Spain tomorrow at the State funeral for the President of Austria. (I believe Crown Prince Hakoon will also be in attendance and the King of Sweden.)

The couple is today in Austria in the state funeral of the austrian president

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe (L) and his wife Letizia enters the Stephan's Dome in Vienna for Austrian President Thomas Klestil's funeral mass in Vienna 10 July 2004. Austrian president Thomas Klestil's funeral began here with two dozens heads of state and royals gathering to say farewell to the 71-year-old who died two days before leaving office. AFP PHOTO JOE KLAMAR (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

It's funny, when I saw pictures of the reception for the Dominican President; I said I thought Letizia outfit was more appropriate for a funeral. Apparently she thought so too, as she is wearing the same outfit. ;)

Thanks for the pics Xica. :flower:

ps.I think the jacket looks much better at here at this event. :p

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 10th, 2004 - 8:00 pm
I think Letizia is fulfilling her duties well.
I think that Letizia is upholding and fulfilling her new role quite well, too. She continues the high standards set by the others of the royal family. She is a class act through and through.

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 11th, 2004 - 9:09 pm

I like this profile photo of the CPs. You may disagree with me here but I really like Letizia's profile here, she's got lovely eyes :heart:

I agree with you, Nouwrein. She has a very lovely profile now ~ which makes me think that she actually did have some cosmetic surgery. To me, it's quite different from her earlier profile. Her nose is just not the same as it was in May and before May during the engagement period ~ but, I still can't figure out "when" she had it done. Maybe there is a "new technique" physicians may have in "streamlining" cosmetic/corrective surgery such as this.

And, I intend to look into it! ~ because I would love to have my nose changed into something I've always wanted it to look like. Maybe it's a "day surgery" as we call it over here in the US. Can't wait to find out! :) Thanks for posting this photo, Nouwrein ... plus, all of the other photos you've posted. I've certainly enjoyed looking at them. :flower:

Elizajane

Was Letizia the only Crown Princess who attended the funeral?

love,
Anna :heart:

It must be cosmetic surgery because the bump is definitely gone. It is a characteristic of Spain and I think she should be proud of it :).

Yes Letizia was the only Crown Princess to attend the funeral.
But there were more Crown Princes:
-Prince Haakon
-Prince Philippe
-Prince Frederik
- Prince Willem-Alexander

Everytime I see Letizia with her hair done like that (example).. I can't help but be reminded of her :p

Last edited by a moderator:
(Lyonnaise @ Jul 12th, 2004 - 7:04 pm)
Everytime I see Letizia with her hair done like that (example).. I can't help but be reminded of her :p [/b]
Who does she remind you of? The link didn't work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dancingqueen83@Jul 12th, 2004 - 7:13 am
It must be cosmetic surgery because the bump is definitely gone. It is a characteristic of Spain and I think she should be proud of it :).
No, I don't think she had surgery. But I notice that her left profile is slightly different from her right profile. Profiles may also be caught on camera differently depending on when you are caught talking (which is the case during the engagement), tilting your head upwards, or downwards and you facial expression or even a pout on the lips may sometimes make a difference on the profile.

Originally posted by nouwrein+Jul 12th, 2004 - 8:33 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Jul 12th, 2004 - 8:33 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dancingqueen83@Jul 12th, 2004 - 7:13 am
It must be cosmetic surgery because the bump is definitely gone.  It is a characteristic of Spain and I think she should be proud of it :).
No, I don't think she had surgery. But I notice that her left profile is slightly different from her right profile. Profiles may also be caught on camera differently depending on when you are caught talking (which is the case during the engagement), tilting your head upwards, or downwards and you facial expression or even a pout on the lips may sometimes make a difference on the profile. [/b][/quote]
Exactly my thoughts...right profile is not necessarily the same as the left profile..In addition it depends how the picture is taken (camera, mood of the person and so on)

Originally posted by dancingqueen83@Jul 12th, 2004 - 8:13 am
Hi, "dancingqueen83" !

I believe you and I are going to be the only ones who definitely feel that "the bump" is gone from Letizia's nose ~ but, that's the beauty of a message board. Everyone has their own opinion in which they should be allowed to express and post ~ just as long as we do it "nicely" with friendly intentions. I also agree with you that she should be proud of it.

It is sooooo very hot (weather-wise) in the part of the US where I live that I just may check into a hospital (where it is kept very cool) to see about MY own "nose job"!! A little bit of pain compared to this heat is worth it. lol

Happy posting, "dancingqueen"! ~ and, everyone else!

Keep cool,
Elizajane

Dearest "Elijajane" :p ,

I feel a thousand times better to know that I have a partner in belief. The different opinions are why we have boards in the first place so I enjoy reading other's thoughts too:)

I hope you will find a cool place to relax and post...I can't wait until fall and winter!

Originally posted by dancingqueen83@Jul 17th, 2004 - 10:29 am
Dearest "Elijajane" :p ,

I feel a thousand times better to know that I have a partner in belief. The different opinions are why we have boards in the first place so I enjoy reading other's thoughts too:)

I hope you will find a cool place to relax and post...I can't wait until fall and winter!
Thanks, "dancingqueen" for your sweet reply. It was quite thoughtful. Yes, I'm also glad ( a thousand times a thousand ) ~ Ha! ~ to find someone ~ a partner as you say in this belief. There's one other poster who pointed it out to me and it was from the right profile, but, I can't remember who it was at the moment. Letizia was dressed in a red suit and both of them were at a function where prizes were being handed out. They were sitting is burgandy leather - tufted high back chairs. The poster said something about her nose now looking rather "masculine".

My admiration for Letizia grows day by day ... and, I'm positively enchanted regarding how much they appear to be so much in love. :heart: As another poster stated, (paraphrasing), "Felipe is very protective of her." ~ and, that is truly revealed through the camera lens.

I, too, can't wait til Fall and Winter. This heat is actually killing some very disadvantaged people in this city. I do intend to stay close to my airconditioning in order to keep posting on LTR which is a great hobby of mine.

Again, thanks for sharing ~ :flower:

I know pictures of the Spanish Royal family in Mallorca, with many of Felipe and Letizia, are being posted under the Summer Vacation thread under the family thread, but I thought this photo so great I had to post it in case any F&L fans missed it on the family thread.

Tanned, relaxed and content. The image of summer.

First the rumour was Maxima, then Mette-Marit, now some in Spain are saying Letizia is pregnant--between 4 or 6 weeks. Of course if it's true, it won't be confirmed until she's three months. Seems like there is a load of eagerness for royal babies...I guess now we just need to wait for the rumor about Mary and then Mathilde and we'll be full circle!

today it was said that maybe she is expecting TWINS! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom