Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 19: April - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread of Current News for Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is only for current news and events;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles.;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun! :)

Attachments

• 7207bc03fc620g.jpg
    7207bc03fc620g.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 352
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 1144418367331.jpg
    1144418367331.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Letizia looks very good. Even this is not her best outfit.

Princess Robijn said:
When was the event and what event was it??

Closing of the I National Congress of Reading on Cultural the Complex San Francisco. Cáceres, 7 of April of 2006 ;)

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3213

Their Royal Hoghness the Princes de Asturias presided over the closing of the I National Congress on the Reading, celebrated in Cáceres days 5, 6 and 7 of April of 2006, with the objective of being point of contact and exhibition of proposals on the part of all the tie sectors to the reading. The organization has been the responsibility of the Ministry of Culture and the Meeting of Extremadura, with the collaboration of the Foundation Germa'n Sanchez Ruipérez and the Delegation of Cáceres - to title of the Cultural Complex San Francisco -, showing Her Royal Higness Princess de Asturias the presidency of the Committee of Honor of the Congress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not understand the attitude of Royal House in this act. If they accede to that the Princess Letizia is the Chairwoman of Honor, I do not deal because they do that the Prince presides at the act and of the speech.:mad:

Last edited:
Is the brother of Infanta Leonor on way?

The rumors about a new pregnancy of Doña Letizia grow. Perhaps Princes de Asturias hurry to have more than two and less than five, as a day indicated Don Felipe.

He is what they have the rumors: once they go off there is not one who stops them. And a new rumor around the Royal Family has started up. To knowing, the possibility that Princess de Asturias is again pregnant. Of course, there are confirmations nor no negations on the part of the Real House about the hermanito assumption of Doña Leonor, but in the mentideros of cuore or one begins to speak of the subject. Marta Cibelina becomes echo of the news in its daily column in "Diez Minutos" and more far goes a little when indicating that, of being certain, the period of abstinence would not have been respected recommended in case of having given to light by means of Caesarean (the case of Doña Letizia).

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/48873.asp

fanletizia said:
Is the brother of Infanta Leonor on way?

The press is incredible. Peñafiel began the rumor being based on the news of the German press and now digital newspapers and corsets they devote themselves to extend the rumor. Curiously those who passed months saying that Letizia could not have children and that she had to submit to treatments, they are those who extend now these rumors.:confused:

http://www.hoy.es/pg060407/actualidad/caceres/200604/07/ppescaceres.html

The Prince of Asturias wishes that Spain should be consolidated as a readers' country

Prince of Asturias has demonstrated this desire in Caceres in his closing speech of the National I Congreso of Reading. Don Felipe de Borbón thinks that " it is suitable to wake the habit of the reading up from an early well age ".

During his closing speech of the National I Congreso of Reading, Don Felipe de Borbón thought that " it is suitable to wake the habit of the reading up from an early well age ", and stressed that the reading is " an exclusive patrimony of the human being and a quality that underlines the most noble dimensions as the will of knowledge, of communication and of relation beyond the time and the space ", said. Likewise, the Prince of Asturias indicated that the book continues being a very used resource and that thanks to it, the men have extended their ideas, illusions and intentions, for what - he concluded - " the books and the reading acquire category like that of universal exchequer of the mankind ".

Attachments

• principesibarra--200x160.jpg
    principesibarra--200x160.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 368
I agree with you Lula, Peñafiel and others journalites have to coment anything, ( no matter if is false)... if she is pregnat or not we will see in short time. And if Letizia is not pregnant they will have to as for forgivenes.

http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=07-04-2006&currentImg=6

The Princes of Asturias in Caceres

Don Felipe and dona Letizia were got by hundreds of persons who were waiting for their arrival to Caceres, where this morning they have presided at the closing of the National I Congreso of the Reading, which from the last Wednesday has been celebrated in the Extremaduran city. The Prince of Asturias, demonstrated in his speech his desire of which Spain should be consolidated as a readers' country " because this way also it will be achieved to be a more educated and freer country ".

Attachments

• ppes_asturias.jpg
    ppes_asturias.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 376
lula said:
Closing of the I National Congress of Reading on Cultural the Complex San Francisco. Cáceres, 7 of April of 2006 ;)
thank you :)

Letizia looks amazing.. but I think she has looked better (different outfit ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not understand the royal house if she is the president of honor, she should gave the speech, and just for once go alone to the act... Felipe darling, she is going to find the way to home again don´t be worry

Letizia is disappearing, she has got to be soo skinny that has started to look like a lollypop, she should gain a few pounds. She wasn't ugly but know it's just bones and hair:(

Well, she doesn't look pregnant only fantastic. Although I agree to have seen her wear better suits.

lula said:
The press is incredible. Peñafiel began the rumor being based on the news of the German press and now digital newspapers and corsets they devote themselves to extend the rumor. Curiously those who passed months saying that Letizia could not have children and that she had to submit to treatments, they are those who extend now these rumors.:confused:

He reached a new low: the "so-called" royal expert copying gossip from German Magazines (who aren't reliable at all, even the pictures are photoshopped):rolleyes:
It's the beginning of the end for Peñafiel!:D :D :D :D :D

hsh1969 said:
Letizia is disappearing, she has got to be soo skinny that has started to look like a lollypop, she should gain a few pounds. She wasn't ugly but know it's just bones and hair:(

I thought the administater has banned topics about Letizia's weight? She's a slender woman. How fat has the rest of world become that we regard all the slender women as "abnormal"?

The Princes will inaugurate in Oviedo the assembly of the OTI
(The meeting will open day 19 of April and will attend representatives of 70 chains of TV of 23 countries)

Princes de Asturias will inaugurate next the 19 of April the general assembly of the Organization of Latin American Televisiones (OTI), that will be celebrated in Oviedo during days 20 and 21. The maximum representatives of near seventy television networks of twenty-three countries will attend the meeting, organized within the framework of XXV the Anniversary of the Foundation Prince of Asturias.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=393039&pIdSeccion=46&pNumEjemplar=1237

The princes will return to Asturias next the 19 of April
Felipe and Letizia will participate in the assembly of Eurovisión in Oviedo.

Princes Felipe and Letizia de Borbón will return to east Asturias month, next the 19 of April, a day before they take the acts of the Annual Assembly of Eurovisión, that will reunite in Oviedo the directors of the European televisions, of the Magreb and Next East. So and as already he advanced the VOICE, the princes have decided on this integrated activity in the celebration of XXV anniversary of the Prizes to return to the Principality.
The visit in the previous day to the celebration of the assembly of Eurovisión already has been confirmed, although it speculates on itself whereupon the Princes can prolong some days their visit in Asturias and he is spoken of the possibility of a visit to the seat of some great installed multinational company in the Principality; as well as whereupon they could be transferred, next to the small Leonor, to visit the sanctuary of Covadonga and thus to fulfill the promise to present/display to the infant before the Asturian virgin.

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=265256

Last edited:
lula said:
I do not understand the attitude of Royal House in this act. If they accede to that the Princess Letizia is the Chairwoman of Honor, I do not deal because they do that the Prince presides at the act and of the speech.:mad:

I do not understand it either, she is such a capable woman that they should take advantage of that and start giving her the opportunity to do solo acts, without Felipe. People already know her and she has evolved very well during these first years of marriage and adjusting to the royal life.

Give her a chance!

"Víctor, give me your phone number"
In his first visit together to Cáceres Don Felipe and Doña Letizia were let see little, but they greeted all the public who approached San Francisco

Princes de Asturias let themselves see little in his first official visit the city of Cáceres, but they did not defraud the citizens, a pair of hundreds, that approached the doors of the Cultural Complex San Francisco to contemplate them in person. It had mainly retired and personal of the near hospital San Pedro de Alcántara, and all of them received the greeting of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia ¯He with necktie pistacho and she with beige trousers and blouse and shelter rosas¯, that approached the protection fences to almost one by one give the hand them just before leaving.
They had arrived at Cáceres shortly after the eleven in the morning in a helicopter that landed in the park of the Room in barracks, from where moved to San Francisco in a Mercedes adorned with the blue pennant of the Principality of Asturias. There they waited for the congressmen to them, that before they had to pass the strict controls of security, habitual of the Real House. The arrival of the Princes, received by the mayor of Cáceres and the president of the Meeting, and the closing of the congress was developed as it sends the protocol, although to the entrance several people raised to the passage of the retinue republican flags and opposite placards to the construction of the refinery of Land of Mud. There were no incidents.
The rigid protocol only relaxed once finished the act, during the honor wine, when some of the guests and the people in charge of the congress could talk by moments with Doña Letizia and Don Felipe, although this one, beer in hand and between pieces of cake and jam, spoke mainly with Rodriguez Ibarra, perhaps on the remodeling of the Government who a pair of hours before had announced president Zapatero.

Aperitives no, thanks
Meanwhile Doña Letizia animatedly chatted yet the one that approached to him, that yes, answering with educating "no, thank you very much" whenever a waiter brought closer a aperitive or a glass to him of wine. It guessed right to pass then Víctor Garci'a de la Concha, director of the Real Academy of the Language. Doña Letizia and he talked moments, the academic one presented/displayed its wife to him and the Princess took advantage of to request and to write down the number of insigne linguist. "Víctor, give me your phone number", said, quickly handling and to skill the keys to him of one of those apparatuses, marks Nokia, that in addition to being telephones acts the as of electronic agenda. The honor wine did not give for much more, for deception of some of the guests who hoped at least to cross words the illustrious visitors.
After saluting and becoming photos with some of the youngest congressmen, went out, where it waited a nourished group to them of citizens, who had been some hours hoping in spite of the serious rain threat. The Princes went towards them and crossed greeting all the row of placed fences of protection in the parking, after which was the public. Also there were greetings for the children of the School San Francisco, who from the distance did not get tired to shout "Letizia, Letizia!" and "Felipe, Felipe!". Who and who less one more took to a handshake and a photo of the Princes done with the moving body. Most bold they called lady's man to him to him and they gave a kiss him her, while both they seemed enchanted of the life and they distributed to smiles a.diestro.y.siniestro. So all so contentments.

http://www.hoy.es/pg060408/prensa/noticias/Sociedad/200604/08/HOY-SOC-171.html

Why there are so few pics of this event? I was looking for them in various agencies, but I didn't found anything.:(
By the way, it's great news that they will go to Asturias soon:)

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060408/prensa/noticias/Cultura/Cultura/200604/08/NAC-CUL-115.asp

Don Felipe indicates the importance of which the parents should see the reading as a " educational fundamental act "

Forthwit of it closes also there intervened the president of the Meeting, Juan Carlos Rodríguez Ibarra, and the director of the Royal Academy, Víctor García de la Concha

Caceres was waiting expectantly for the visit of the Princes of Asturias - third party of Don Felipe and first of Dona Letizia - and they received of the numerous public congregated in the surroundings of the Monastery of San Francisco alive samples of sharm and affection. In the exterior of the historical building - that has been convent, library, college of scholastic theology, provincial hospital, barrack and orphanage - the Princes were completed by the president of the Meeting of Estremadura, Juan Carlos Rodríguez Ibarra; the president of the regional Assembly, Federico Suárez; the counselors of Culture, Francisco Muñoz, and Education, Eve Maria Perez; the delegate of the Government in Estremadura, Carmen Pereira, and the mayor of Caceres, Jose Maria Saponi.

After the interventions of Rodríguez Ibarra and of Víctor García de la Concha, the director of the Royal Spanish Academy, who dedicated the closing speech of the National I Congreso of Reading to his " readers' Gallery ", Don Felipe declared a few words in which he wanted to reveal the " common passion " that he and Dona Letizia feel for the books and the pleasing exercise for reading them, since they extend constant the threshold of our comprehension. With them the men " extend his ideas, illusions and intentions " and the books and the reading reach this way the " category of universal exchequer of the mankind ".

fanletizia said:
The Princes will inaugurate in Oviedo the assembly of the OTI
http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=393039&pIdSeccion=46&pNumEjemplar=1237

The princes will return to Asturias next the 19 of April
Felipe and Letizia will participate in the assembly of Eurovisión in Oviedo.

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=265256

That badly is the press. The act is of Eurovision as itsays the second article, not of the OTI, that it will be next year. Though at first there was foreseen that the assembly began on the 20th they have advanced it one day and now it begins on the 19th according to the web of the Foundation.
http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/ing/index.html

I hope that the speculations of the press are true and that we could see Leonor in Covadonga. Already we will see it.;)

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Why there are so few pics of this event? I was looking for them in various agencies, but I didn't found anything.:(
By the way, it's great news that they will go to Asturias soon:)

Location, location, location. They have done one or two other events in the province of Extremadura and there have been similarly few images. It's not exactly the center of the action.

The role of the guest speaker is very different from P Letizia's role. The two are not interchangeable and rarely does the chairperson - honor position or not - present the main speech.

highpriestess said:
I thought the administater has banned topics about Letizia's weight? She's a slender woman. How fat has the rest of world become that we regard all the slender women as "abnormal"?

Come on! No one can give an opinion anymore. This should be called the Fans of Letizia Forum. The other person was just giving his/her comment. There is no need to respond that way. She is thin, so what? The person is not saying anything that it is not true. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

From regionaldigital

Attachments

• composite.jpg
    composite.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 264
Roxsteve said:
Come on! No one can give an opinion anymore. This should be called the Fans of Letizia Forum. The other person was just giving his/her comment. There is no need to respond that way. She is thin, so what? The person is not saying anything that it is not true. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

She is thin. So why do people need to point that out over and over and over again? It's like keep saying someone: "Oh, she has a nose!" If someone is overweight, do people need to keep saying: "She's fat!" "She's overweight!" "She needs a diet!" over and over and over again?

I have been looking for articles about the vacations of the Princes there is nothing.:mad:

It will be necessary to wait, let's hope that they are not late in going to Majorca and let's be able see the girl. Last year they were not at the end of week.

lula said:
I have been looking for articles about the vacations of the Princes there is nothing.:mad:

It will be necessary to wait, let's hope that they are not late in going to Majorca and let's be able see the girl. Last year they were not at the end of week.
According to casareal they won't have any activities in the following week, so maybe they will go to Mallorca soon...:eek: Is it in tradition of Royal Family to announce when they go to holiday or do they just appear there and everyone know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom