Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 16: February - March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on Monday and Tuesday they won't have any activities, will they?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
So, on Monday and Tuesday they won't have any activities, will they?

If they are not in the agenda, they do not have official acts. I imagine that this week they will be occupied in preparing the trips to Portugal and Chile. Nonetheless they have 3 acts this week.

More images of the Princes in Algeciras from brunopress

Attachments

• principesalgeciras1.jpg
    principesalgeciras1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics! They are excellent!

http://www.prnoticias.com/prn/hojas/noticias/detallenoticia.jsp?noticia=12242&repositorio=0&pagina=1&idapr=1__esp_1__

The Princess of Asturias has accepted Honor's Presidency of the edition XXII of the Prize "Cirilo Rodríguez", for correspondents or Spanish envoys abroad, that organizes the Association of the Press of Segovia (APS).

The president of APS, Alfredo Matesanz, has received the communication signed by the chief of the House of the King, Alberto Aza Arias, where there is reflected that dona Letizia Ortiz accepts the offer of the Segovian journalists, as in the edition of last year. In the communication, Alberto Aza reports that the Princes of Asturias will preside at the act of delivery of the prize, which will take place in Segovia, before the second meeting of the juror that the winner will designate of between three finalists.

i just read an article that said that the princes were in baqueira this weekend with a militar friend of felipe and his wife, will post the article as soon as i figure out the sources :)

Princes de Asturias will make a visit to Galicia tomorrow

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia hours will participate to 12:00 in the day of opening of the agrarian congress, that will be celebrated in Santiago during days 2 and 3 of March, and that will reunite about to thousand delegates of the seventeen autonomic federations, as well as more than 300 guests and ponentes.

Next, Princes de Asturias will move to Vigo to visit, to 18:00 hours, the seat of the Foundation Pedro Barrié of Maza, where the vice-president of the Foundation and president of the Bank Pastor will be received by, Aryan Jose Maria, among other authorities of Galicia and members of the Patronage of the Foundation.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_congreso_santiago_fundacion_vigo_760752.htm

fanletizia said:
Weekend in the snow of Princes of Asturias

And there are no photos?, I do not understand it... Baqueira is a place where always there are photographers in winter, where one comes out in photographs to the whole world that is famous ... and did not they photograph the Princes? The journalists complain for everything, and when they have to do their work do not do it .... incredible, but certain...

hi everyone! i just read it wasn't baqueira, it was cerdaña where they went. i read it in another forum of a poster who saw maria alcazar in the tv. she said that they were there with friends, but they didn't go skiing.

carlota said:
hi everyone! i just read it wasn't baqueira, it was cerdaña where they went. i read it in another forum of a poster who saw maria alcazar in the tv. she said that they were there with friends, but they didn't go skiing.

Each one gives a version, these journalists are like that, change everything, how to believe them.:confused: :confused:

Where, on earth, where paparazzi???:D jk, of course, I'm really happy they passed the weekend in rest and piece, but I wouldn't mind to see a pic or two...:D

Today they attended the reception and delivering of the prizes of infantile literature. Here you have Felipe's speech. In the first part he speaks something about Leonor! (He says that he and the Princess are now more experienced in infantile literature since they have their own child:))

Palabras de S.A.R. el Príncipe de Asturias en el acto de entrega de los Premios de Literatura Infantil y Juvenil Barco de Vapor y Gran Angular, y del Premio Internacional de Ilustracion, de la Fundacion Santa María
Madrid, 1 de marzo de 2006
Es un honor para la Princesa y para mí, además de una gran alegría, compartir esta noche festiva y literaria con todos vosotros, autores, ilustradores, editores y personalidades del mundo cultural y educativo – en definitiva, creadores de cultura. Y lo es por un motivo muy especial y –al menos para mi – novedoso: rendir homenaje a la literatura infantil y juvenil y premiar generosamente a sus creadores y valedores. Quizás nuestra reciente condición de padres tenga alguna influencia y motive, por tanto, la invitación que hemos recibido y nuestra presencia. Verdaderamente es oportuno y necesario que prestemos atención a este mundo en el que nosotros pronto nos adentraremos para conducir a nuestra hija, como ya hicieran nuestros padres con nosotros hace ya unos años.

Pero la importancia no sólo la percibimos por esa circunstancia feliz, sin duda, sino también, evidentemente, por la trascendencia que tiene la Literatura para la formación de niños y jóvenes, para sus perspectivas futuras de desarrollo y enriquecimiento personal.

Por ello queremos agradecer a los organizadores y convocantes de estos Premios, es decir, a la Fundación Santa María, y al Grupo SM su invitación para presidir la celebración que nos congrega y hacer entrega de los mismos a los galardonados de este año. Gracias por brindarnos este acercamiento y gracias por vuestra hospitalidad en esta casa de los madrileños.

Son muchas las razones por las que la infancia y la juventud constituyen un objeto de atención intensa y generalizada por parte de la sociedad y los poderes públicos. El fin de este esfuerzo es ayudar a los niños y a los jóvenes en el proceso de comprensión y conocimiento del complejo mundo en el que les tocará vivir; se trata, también, de mejorar las condiciones objetivas para que inicien y encaminen adecuadamente lo que más tarde será su plena integración y participación como ciudadanos activos en una sociedad libre y democrática.

La familia y la escuela son fundamentalmente las instituciones sociales en las que se sustancia ese complejo y trascendental proceso. En la familia y en la escuela, los niños y los jóvenes adquieren conocimientos y valores, reciben orientación y formación humana, cultural y social, y comienza y se edifica su socialización.

Una pieza de gran relieve en ese importante proceso de formación es el hábito de la lectura; una pasión que es preciso saber despertar en los niños y en los jóvenes, pues da cauce a su imaginación y amplía sus conocimientos al mundo de la ciencia y de la cultura. Es por tanto un hábito de entretenimiento y de formación.

Los libros y su lectura adquieren así categoría de tesoro universal, porque con ellos podemos llevar experiencias, fantasía, capacidad crítica, ilusiones y esperanzas a sus jóvenes vidas. En la lectura, podrán encontrar fuentes complementarias de formación en educación y valores; de ella recibirán muchas respuestas a sus preguntas, al tiempo que les suscitará un número, similar o mayor, de nuevas preguntas.

Todos los estudios especializados demuestran que la capacidad lectora resulta imprescindible para el continuo desarrollo personal, humano y profesional. La lectura puede proporcionarles, en fin, esos momentos de reflexión y sosiego que crean poso, y que los niños y jóvenes tanto necesitan.

Por eso, constatamos con gran satisfacción que la literatura infantil y juvenil en España está en auge. Su peso dentro del sector editorial es creciente, tanto por facturación, como por el número de ejemplares editados, el de títulos producidos o la tirada media de cada título. Esperemos que los índices de lectura sigan esa misma tendencia.

Es un subsector que tiene, además, una enorme difusión fuera de nuestras fronteras, tanto en español en los países de Iberoamérica, como en obras traducidas a multitud de lenguas de todo el mundo. Representa, así, una auténtica tarjeta de presentación de nuestra producción literaria y del español como lengua universal.

A este auge han contribuido iniciativas de las distintas Administraciones Públicas y del sector privado –lo que incluye editoriales, autores, ilustradores y libreros-. En este esfuerzo se enmarca la puesta en marcha por parte de Ediciones Santa María, hace ya 28 años, tanto de las colecciones El Barco de Vapor como Gran Angular. Se trata de dos de las colecciones más emblemáticas de la literatura para niños y jóvenes en nuestro país, cuya existencia corre paralela a los Premios que llevan su nombre, los más antiguos de España y los mejor dotados a nivel mundial en su categoría, y a los que se ha sumado, posteriormente, el Premio Internacional de Ilustración, como reflejo de su proyección más allá de nuestras fronteras.

Estos Premios contribuyen a estimular, y mejorar si cabe, la calidad literaria de las colecciones dirigidas a un público tan sensible y singular como exigente.

Felicitamos muy cordialmente a quienes, por su dedicación y capacidad creativa, su imaginación y esfuerzo, se han hecho acreedores a recibir tan prestigiosos galardones.

La Fundación Santa María, a lo largo de los últimos 28 años de su existencia, ha sabido hacer frente al reto de mantener un alto nivel de esfuerzo creativo y editorial para poder ofrecer a los niños y jóvenes españoles –y de todo el mundo- obras literarias de calidad. Obras que contribuyen a formar en actitudes positivas y valores comunes, generando en niños y jóvenes una dinámica provechosa para ellos mismos y para nuestra sociedad.

Por ello, por su continuidad y prestigio logrados año tras año, felicitamos también a sus directivos y colaboradores, y a cuantos han contribuido a que estos espléndidos resultados sean posibles. Vuestro empeño y la calidad de vuestro trabajo constituye un orgullo para todos y merecen nuestro sincero reconocimiento.

Con convicción y enorme agrado os expreso nuestro compromiso, el de la Princesa y el mío de seguir respaldando los fines que perseguís para facilitar y extender la educación y la cultura entre los más jóvenes, con un especial hincapié en aquellos que cuentan con menores posibilidades pues de esta manera todos haremos más ancho el camino que conduce hacia la sociedad del futuro, una sociedad que todos deseamos cada día mejor educada, más culta y más cohesionada.

Muchas gracias.

http://www.finanzas.com/id.9018250/noticias/noticia.htm

- 12.00 hours: Princes of Asturias inaugurates Cooperativismo Agrario's V Congress, in the Conference hall of Santiago de Compostela.
- 18.00 hours: The Princes of Asturias visit the new headquarters of the Foundation Pedro Barrié of the Mace and the exhibition " Impresionism. Masterpieces of the Museum Wallraf-Richartz Fundación Corboud ", in Vigo. Elena Espinosa will represent.

The Princes of Asturias
Prize-giving ceremony of Infantile and Youthful Literature Great Steamer and of the International Prize of Illustration (Casa de Correos, Madrid).

Images from terra

Attachments

• 7207948e4cff2g.jpg
    7207948e4cff2g.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 281
When were those pictures taken?

Kelly said:
When were those pictures taken?

They were taken this night, in a delivery of Prizes of infantile literature;)

Hi all :)

I was on exams ate the university, so i disappeared for a while;) But i´m starting to return, and i just wanted to say the Felipe, Letizia and Leonor rules :D (my brain it´s quite burn, so give me a discount on this one :p)

Btw, Felipe rely will come to Portugal next week, or was just a rumour that i read in the newspapers?

xicamaluca said:
Hi all :)
Btw, Felipe rely will come to Portugal next week, or was just a rumour that i read in the newspapers?

Yes, Felipe goes to Portugal for the change of government, the normal thing would be that Letizia also was coming, but at the moment there is no official confirmation of it, on Friday when they give the agenda we will see it. I imagine that they will have to prepare well the trip because on the 9th they have to be in Portugal and on the 11th in Chile, and it isn´t know what they will think to do with Leonor.;)

Images from getty

Attachments

• 56974548.jpg
    56974548.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 56974531.jpg
    56974531.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 56974537.jpg
    56974537.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 56974540.jpg
    56974540.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 56974541.jpg
    56974541.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 56974546.jpg
    56974546.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 56974552.jpg
    56974552.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
More from getty, set 2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 235
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 199
Images from getty, set 3

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 194
What a somptuous couple !!! It's a shame to be so splendid.....
attachment.php

Letizia lately is stunning... I love her outfit

lis said:
Letizia lately is stunning... I love her outfit
I read an article in a French magazine (sorry can't link, not available on line) that said the same thing--that since giving birth she's been resplendently beautiful.

http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_cul14194.htm

The Princes of Asturias, in the Prize "Barco de vapor"

The Royal House of Post office received yesterday the delivery of the prize of Infantile Literature The Steam ship endowed with 100.000 Euros, which relapsed into Ricardo Gómez (in the image together with Don Felipe and Dona Letizia), for his book " Eye of clouds ". Also there was trumped yesterday the Juvenile Great Angular Prize, which David Lozano Garbala gained for " Where the shades arise ". The ceremony was presided by the Princes of Asturias, who admitted yesterday that their decision to come to this cultural party it influenced in a decisive way their recent paternity. Also they demonstrated that the reading will be one of the basic props in the education of the Infanta Leonor.

from wireimage :

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia Present Children and Youth Literature Awards "Barco de Vapor" and "Gran Angular" at Casa de Correos in Madrid, Spain
March 1, 2006 - Casa de Correos
Madrid, Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom