The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

"One is man and another woman. But always they will say that there are women who work until the end of the pregnancy, and it is true, but they do not do it with a view to the public opinion. Letizia continues with her activities and seems that will continue up to the Prizes Prince of Asturias (if it does not happen at all). But what they do not bear in mind is that these activities make travel constant and it can provoke that this more tired. The day of Seville they had just come after a trip of two hours and a half in train."

The Royal Princesses like Mary and Letizia have done a lot during their pregnancy and to many people forget how exhausting that can be! I would hate to be 8 months pregnant and have to spend 2 hours (probably uncomfortably) on a train.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Courtier

In my own opinion I dont think they are handling well her agenda. They should give her more rest. I know it is very nice to receive good coments of how hard worker she is that even 8 months pregnant is still on the road. I think they can still have some of that and give her some more rest.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
In my own opinion I dont think they are handling well her agenda. They should give her more rest. I know it is very nice to receive good coments of how hard worker she is that even 8 months pregnant is still on the road. I think they can still have some of that and give her some more rest.
I do not believe that I am like that, she comes to the activities that she can, if some day is not well the Prince comes only and already this. But in her state it is normal to be a bit tired or to feel a bit badly, but it cannot prevent from developing her life and her work with normality. While the pregnancy is OK and the this doctor of agreement.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Still about the trip to Milan:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...noticia186.htm

Felipe and Letizia: admirers of the Spanish shoes

The Princes inaugurated in Italy the exhibition Milán a los pies de Carmen, in which 42 Spanish labels paid tribute to Bizet’s Carmen, in order to promote the footwear.

The Princes, who were always very kind the each other, showed interest for the creation process of the designs and, after visiting the exhibition, they shared a cocktail with the other attendants and cheerfully chatted with the guests, who congratulated them for their future paternity. On that occasion, the Princes also affectionately greeted a baby of few months old and posed for the photos that were requested. Besides, the Princess confessed that, in her public appearances, she always takes shoes of Spanish designers.

Doña Letizia made some purchases

On the following day, the couple, who was lodged at the select hotel Meliá Milano and that took advantage of their stay in the fashion city to make some purchases, had a work meeting with 17 Spanish companies of the shoemaker industry. As much Felipe as Letizia (who was then wearing a grey pant suit combined with a matching t-shirt and showy red shoes), actively participated in the meeting, asking about the problems that affect this sector and they were very interested in knowing how is the Spanish market reacting, in spite of the mighty flood of the Chinese market.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is it anything known about their following activities? Their last official visit was 23th Sept., and today is 28. I miss them!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Is it anything known about their following activities? Their last official visit was 23th Sept., and today is 28. I miss them!
The Princes come on Friday in Bilbao to a meeting of Latin-American members of parliament. Today there was a congress of economy in Corunna of which they were honorary presidents, but this presidency not always implies that they go there, in this case they have not done it.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks lula.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"One is man and another woman. But always they will say that there are women who work until the end of the pregnancy, and it is true, but they do not do it with a view to the public opinion. Letizia continues with her activities and seems that will continue up to the Prizes Prince of Asturias (if it does not happen at all). But what they do not bear in mind is that these activities make travel constant and it can provoke that this more tired. The day of Seville they had just come after a trip of two hours and a half in train."

The Royal Princesses like Mary and Letizia have done a lot during their pregnancy and to many people forget how exhausting that can be! I would hate to be 8 months pregnant and have to spend 2 hours (probably uncomfortably) on a train.

Let's don't forget that there are women who are 8 or even 9 months pregnant who have to work two or three jobs. People who are single moms and have other children. I think two and a half hours on a train is not the end of the world. I think that Letizia could have been more polite if she was tired. If she was so tired she did not have to go, but I don't think you need to be less polite just because of pregnancy (considering the rumors are true). This is, however, only my opinion, and it is not intended to disregard anyone else's comments.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
(considering the rumors are true)
However, this is nothing more than rumours, so let's take it with the required pinch of salt. There are already too many rumours about Letizia, and TRFs don't want to associate its name to Jaime Penafiel's troops, making up stories just to have what to talk about.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...bao_515276.htm

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate tomorrow in Bilbao the I Latin American Parliamentary Forum, that will gather representatives of 33 countries and whose objective is to serve as reinforcement of the Latin American Summits.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will take advantage of their stay in Vizcaia to meet a group of Basque businessmen, in order to deepen their knowledge on the economic reality of the zone.

The Heir to the Spanish Throne maintains narrow relations with Ibero-America and is the representative of the SpanishState in the swearing-in ceremonies of the presidents of those countries.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.finanzas.com/id.8684492/noticias/noticia.htm

Europa Press's informative agenda for September 30

- 11.00 hours: SS.AA.RR. The Princes of Asturias inaugurate the " Parliamentary Iberoamericano Forum ", in the Palace Euskalduna of Bilbao. Michael Ángel Moratinos will represent.
- 14.00 hours: SS.AA.RR. The Principes of Asturias have lunch with the Circle of Basque Businessmen, in the Maritime Club of the Bay, Bilbao.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Let's don't forget that there are women who are 8 or even 9 months pregnant who have to work two or three jobs. People who are single moms and have other children. I think two and a half hours on a train is not the end of the world. I think that Letizia could have been more polite if she was tired. If she was so tired she did not have to go, but I don't think you need to be less polite just because of pregnancy (considering the rumors are true). This is, however, only my opinion, and it is not intended to disregard anyone else's comments.
i also think that. there are pregnant women who have to work at 100%, practically all the days except sundays and get the leave just about to have the baby. i don't think an event or two are too bad.
i don't know how she may have felt at that moment, but this time i would say that behaviour wasn't nice at all, most of all for the person who has to receive the diploma.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Am I missing something? What did she do now?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree there are millions of pregnant women who work more than 8 hours per day, go home, have to cook, clean and take care of older kids. They have a much tougher life than any of the royal princesses. However, everyone does get sick or not feel well at times, that's human nature. Letizia could feel perfectly fine during the day, after 21/2 hours of high-speed train ride, with the heat in Seville, she started to not feel well, that's perfect normal. What's the big deal if she didn't smile as usual since she didn't feel well. A couple of journalists in the tabloid shows would always have something to say since Letizia had been their ATM machine. I guess they probably would expect her to put on a smile even if her water broke .
Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...ana_517846.htm

Prince receives members of parliament Iberoamérica in modern Spain

The Prince of Asturias gave today the welcome in Bilbao to the participants in the Parliamentary Iberoamericano I Foro to a ' Spain modern and opened ', that has managed, said, its longer period of democratic living together and social progress, thanks to the Constitution.
Don Philip delivered the speech that put end to the inaugural act of the meeting, at which there are present representatives of all the Latin-American countries, Portugal and Andorra.
The Princes of Asturias, in this first one visits together to the capital vizcaína, they were accompanied in the presidential table by the presidents of the Congress, Manuel Marín, and of the Senate, Francisco Javier Rojo; of the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos; of the vicelehendakari, Idoia Zenarruzabeitita, and of the chairwoman of the Basque Parliament, Izaskun Bilbao.
This I Foro, which tries to use as support to the Latin-American Summits, which fifteenth edition will take place in Salamanca close on October 14 and 15, will develop today and tomorrow in the Palace Euskalduna of Bilbao.
At their arrival to the enclosure, Don Philip and Dona Letizia, they were got by the presidents of the parliamentary Spanish Chambers, and the Basque authorities, and before entering attended in their honor the 'aurresku', Basque dance of welcome.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

From abc, elcorreo y antena 3:

The Princes of Asturias inaugurate the I Foro Parliamentary Iberoamericano
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

From terra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	200929   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	200930   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	200970   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	200971  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	200972   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	200991  
Old 09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Casa Real:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	empre09g.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	200932   Click image for larger version

Name:	foro03g.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	200933  
Old 09-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures Lula! Letizia looks relaxed & Felipe looks happy...
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Gentry

Letizia is very handsome, the pregnancy feels to him well. I am wishing that november arrives.:p

Closed Thread